Best build + tideform question?

oceanicsong#6037
oceanicsong#6037 Posts: 18 Arc User
1) What is the best build for phsycic? Currently, I am just going all magic. i'm at lvl 26.
2) What do I increase to make tideform attacks stronger? Magic or Physical?

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    1. Best build for any pure arcane is 1 STR 9 MAG every two levels.
    2. Huh? You're a mage.

When you get to sharding your gear, use Pdef shards. Get your VIT boosts from refining and cards.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • oceanicsong#6037
    1) thanks!
    2)So magic will make the attacks in tideform stronger? Just wondering
  • sylenthunder
    Tideform is mostly useless for a Psychic. Don't bother leveling it until there isn't anything else to level.
    Even then, I think it's only Level 1 on my Psy, and he's 101 now.​​

​​
  • oceanicsong#6037
    I like it, it's fun and i like mermaids.
    so pla confirm, magic makes it's attacks stronger or strenght?
  • sylenthunder
    edited November 2015
    In Tideform you cannot use skills. If you were to put enough points into Strength to make viable damage in Tideform, then your magic attack would suck, and you basically gave your toon the effectiveness of a rock.

Magic makes all your spells do considerable more damage. STR makes your punching do more damage, but the Psychic is not a punching class. You'd want the Assassin if you want to do that.

Which is why Tideform is so useless for Psychics. They don't allow you to use skills when you are in that form, so the only benefit you will receive is the swim speed increase.​​

​​
  • oceanicsong#6037
    yes i know you cant use skills in tideform. so tideform damage is 'strength' and not 'magic'? ok thats all i needed to know XD
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    do not put any points into str , that exceed the amount of points u need to wear arcane armors.

if you really want to be able to do dmg in tideform , do what sylen said, and roll a assassin.
  • enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    I say go for it! Strength and Heavy Armor. You will need Dex to increase Accuracy too, if you are to actually hit anything. Make sure you keep a low level Sphere around to buff yourself with White (Def) or Black (Atk) Voodoo, etc, of which you can swap out with whatever melee weapon you really want to use. Make sure to record how that works out. o:)
  • oceanicsong#6037
    thank you!!
  • iky90
    iky90 Posts: 19 Arc User
    enbysra said:

I say go for it! Strength and Heavy Armor. You will need Dex to increase Accuracy too, if you are to actually hit anything. Make sure you keep a low level Sphere around to buff yourself with White (Def) or Black (Atk) Voodoo, etc, of which you can swap out with whatever melee weapon you really want to use. Make sure to record how that works out. o:)

xD !!
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Its important to be in tidal form whwnever you can. It gives you some deff levels which are really epensive otherwise.

As other OP's mentioned, you will need a lot of str to punch. And DEX, dex is the number one friend u have as a psy. You need to make sure u land them hits.

And to be the number one boss, play witout gear. Gear is for weak people!
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • oceanicsong#6037
    u dont need 2 post here anymore, i switched 2 assassin now cuz phsycic kinda sucked lol
    ps i know you're all trolling me XD

And to be the number one boss, play witout gear. Gear is for weak people!

seriously XD