Nation Wars: The Information

Comments

• rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    @asterelle

I do not see why the time needs to be changed now. 8PM CET on a saturday and sunday is 14:00 EST and 11:00 PDT - Let's say people work on a saturday morning, then the sunday NW should have been better. DawnGlory will always win in cross server events due to the numbers. Why don't you all ask them to take the ex-HL players and put them into actual US servers so we could have a balance in population. This is not easy and complicated but if this is not done, you guys can forget cross server events sadly.

This transfer will benefit HL players too, because we can actually attend Friday 20:00 TW, Wednesday/Thursday TRW 20:00 as all of these are currently at 14:00, 11:00 for us and not a single US soul can attend unless they are jobless

PS: Even if you have 1 Cross server NW in PDT - EU ppl will stay up, and actually more ex-HL would attend. This will not solve your problem and DawnGlory will outrun you guys yet again.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    asterelle wrote: »
    limonazza wrote: »
    @cyberomega45 yup i saw that, we were just spotting dragoonz team (was that his name?) and i was sending my tier 2 teams all around to seize half of the map while 30 etherblade OP players were stuck against a single tier 1 team of ours
    not denying they won those lands, but yea your nation lost half of map because of that

also have to admit ether tried hard to push our corner but we always managed to flank that push and instantly take the seized lands behind that

@asterelle event is hard coded 8 PM CET, thats the only reason they fudged up with TW time slots, else i am pretty sure NA would've had more comfortable times as i was expecting, i just hope china won't hard code bloody treasure island aswell or GG WP balance

The cross server is still an east coast server which has had its timezone modified to CET. Why not just write a script that changes the server timezone between Saturday and Sunday to west coast? There is a 20 hour stretch where that server is totally empty. Use CET Saturday and PST Sunday.

The NPC spawning and system messages that happen in our respective servers are being triggered dynamically since they occur at different local times for each server.

Actually @mintsummer said having a PST time was causing cooldown issues in which case you can adjust the date of that server as well so that no one has to go back in time (or whichever direction was causing problems).
    Actually, mintsummer also said having a timezone that is not ahead (and probably equal too then as well, since EU server is CET as well) of server times caused characters to be lost forever.

To be honest I don't see the issue with the timeslots. Why is 11AM / 2PM an impossible time for players on US west and east servers respectively to be online on? In a weekend? Especially on a sunday?
    Those are perfectly decent times for a weekend.
    What would people suggest? The suggestion thread all came up with no solutions, at all.
    No time given can satisfy everything, and in my opinion the time they have chosen is best suitable, for everyone.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @limonazza someone told me u got embarrased so much last week that u had to spend 100m so you didnt have to PvP this week to save face, next thing u know ur server is gonna think ur bad too when they see ur losing to +10 ppl with A cards again :( that was never our intention, Im sorry, it wont happen again <3

That said we fought Tideswell this weekend, Astrelle's idea...we basically had 30 ppl in every battle against their 30, too bad our 30 were way stronger, since we were literally fighting G16 ppl so the battles were extremely boring, I guess the strong people of Tideswell were fighting Etherblade, no vid this week, o well, maybe Ill have more fun next week :(
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Can you name a single event that happens at 11am and has high attendance? Sure die hard no lifers can make every event at all times but what about the other hundreds of people that would normally do NW but don't play video games in the morning?

I agree there is no time that is good for all but there are 2 NWs to work with. One can be good for EU and the other for West. Adjust time zone of the cross server if necessary. Fiddle with the date as well can resolve the past future issue.
    ​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    asterelle said:

Can you name a single event that happens at 11am and has high attendance? Sure die hard no lifers can make every event at all times but what about the other hundreds of people that would normally do NW but don't play video games in the morning?

I agree there is no time that is good for all but there are 2 NWs to work with. One can be good for EU and the other for West. Adjust time zone of the cross server if necessary. Fiddle with the date as well can resolve the past future issue.
    ​​

Church
  • rocky19
    edited November 2015
    asterelle said:

​​

Sure, please do that for the TWs too then as HL players in DawnGlory face this same issue. You call it an issue coz of cross server NWs, where as we havethis for EVERY SINGLE EVENT. I am sitting at 1750+ spirit without inkdragon blood and i can never use them for cross server NW because US ppl never get to do TRW to get access to them. How does it feel to be on our shoes?

Fight for a general cause and not for a single one which may benefit only one community / server.

My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • asterelle
    edited November 2015
    As to general strategy during that NW I did see at the start we were spawned neighboring Dawnglory again with their 150+ player advantage and thought it would be easier to win land against flame faster than we lose land to DG. We definitely had to try something different from Saturday. It seemed to work fairly well until flame regrouped at which time we shifted back North and took a big chunk of lands there and finished 3rd.

Really just being neighbors with DG eats up so much of our force into losing battles it's a massive disadvantage. We did as well as could be expected with the numbers we had.
    rocky19 wrote: »
    Sure, please do that for the TWs too then. As HL players in DawnGlory face this same issue. Fight for a general cause and not for a single one which may benefit only one community / server.

There is at yet no evidence that PWE has the ability to adjust TW times on a server by server basis. We know the NW trigger is capable of this though. Anyway it's not my responsibility to speak up for HL players on Dawnglory. You have your own voice.
    ​​
  • rocky19
    edited November 2015
    asterelle said:

Anyway it's not my responsibility to speak up for HL players on Dawnglory. You have your own voice.​​

Right, this attitude from the community is the reason nothing gets changed and NW **** won't get fixed too. Good luck getting owned, see you next Saturday.

PS: inb4 they merge 4 servers into 2 and these same "deal with your own problems yourself" people get merged into EU and ask community for help.

@thenamesdomino @mintsummer The NW times do not need changing, it's 20:00 CET, 14:00 EST and 11:00 PDT on a weekend. There can never be a better time than this and if some lazy folks can't make it to this, let their own serves deal with it.
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Everyone in US complained that Friday 11am was impossible to attend due to work/school. PWI fixed time to be weekend timeslot instead.
    Everyone complained about being stuck in PK mode for 10 hours after. PWI fixed that too.
    Everyone complained total token allocation was way too low. PWI fixed that too.

So for once I say, really good job on PWI for fixing things promptly within a week. Why is everyone still QQing?

The timeslot might not be absolutely ideal for everyone, myself included, but its never going to be in an event that spans server timezones from US west coat to Europe. If you make the time perfect for you, it'll suck for 100s of other people. So you might be a little inconvenienced. Poor thing, suck it up and move on, find a new topic to complain about.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    rocky19 said:

asterelle said:

Anyway it's not my responsibility to speak up for HL players on Dawnglory. You have your own voice.​​

Right, this attitude from the community is the reason nothing gets changed, and NW **** won't get fixed too. Good luck getting owned, see you next Saturday.
    Want some fries with that salt?

Asterelle isn't a CM, you're barking up the wrong tree.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @asterelle what kind of numbers did the servers (or your server) have for attendance during NW before cross-server NW?
    I don't see a lot of difference in numbers for tideswell personally, specially if you count all the afk hopping alts that people brought in.

Unless someone from tideswell want to come in and give me a number for pre-cross server NW as well​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• asterelle
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    @asterelle what kind of numbers did the servers (or your server) have for attendance during NW before cross-server NW?
    I don't see a lot of difference in numbers for tideswell personally, specially if you count all the afk hopping alts that people brought in.

Unless someone from tideswell want to come in and give me a number for pre-cross server NW as well
    Even at equal numbers having one side being a guaranteed loss against DG destroys the offensive ability of a lot of our force. Tideswell didn't have that issue. Look at the maps for both dates and you see the exact same pattern. DG takes half the map and the other half largely goes to the nation opposite of DG.

​​
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    asterelle said:

Look at the maps for both dates and you see the exact same pattern. DG takes half the map and the other half largely goes to the nation opposite of DG.

But that was inevitable. As soon as I read about cross-server NW my first comment was, well that won't be fair, obviously one server may have more people than another and so the server with the biggest population will always win. Trying to adjust server populations in the hopes of making things even and fair is a lost cause, the only way things will be properly fair again is if they revert back to each squad being allocated to a random nation like before. i.e. so the nation you're in would also have folks from the other servers in the same nation.

Besides which, I miss the opportunity to kill people from my own server that I don't like =)
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    implode wrote: »
    [..]the only way things will be properly fair again is if they revert back to each squad being allocated to a random nation like before. i.e. so the nation you're in would also have folks from the other servers in the same nation.
    Besides which, I miss the opportunity to kill people from my own server that I don't like =)

I wish cross-server NW worked like that. fox-42.gif
    ​​
  • rocky19
    darkonome said:

rocky19 said:

asterelle said:

Right, this attitude from the community is the reason nothing gets changed, and NW **** won't get fixed too. Good luck getting owned, see you next Saturday.
    Want some fries with that salt?

Asterelle isn't a CM, you're barking up the wrong tree.
    Seeing your servers world chat after the cross server NW, you guys would need more. Please save'em

My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • blankfanclub
    blankfanclub Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The amount of participants we got (Twilight Temple server) before the cross-server NW event was implemented is around the same number. Around 90-100 players if I recall seeing the last few NW precross-server. We did get a little over 110-120 per nation right after the merge but that only lasted about 2 weeks. I support implode's idea though; random grouping for all servers during NW will likely fix this problem. They should look into that if it's possible at all.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    The amount of participants we got (Twilight Temple server) before the cross-server NW event was implemented is around the same number. Around 90-100 players if I recall seeing the last few NW precross-server. We did get a little over 110-120 per nation right after the merge but that only lasted about 2 weeks. I support implode's idea though; random grouping for all servers during NW will likely fix this problem. They should look into that if it's possible at all.

That would defeat the whole purpose of cross server nation war lol. its server vs server not "lets put everyone in one pot and randomize them like nw was back then".
    Wanna say that too when someday cross TW is possible? lol​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Well, I don't see why that couldn't work. It would be fun to be able to work alongside people from other servers for one event, and I do kind of miss fighting friends and faction mates in NW. monkey-47.gif Sure you can just go out there and PK each other, but it's not really the same. Plus, some people never PK so what other chance do I get to fight against them?!

Anyway, I knew NW was server vs. server but yeah, I've wanted it to be random since the beginning but I knew we can't have that. If events weren't already crammed together, I'd have probably wished we had an event were we can team up with people from other servers.
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    booker27 wrote: »
    People on TT are literally busy reporting each other trying to get people banned just because they have this hatred from pk and tw and wont stop because they keep pointing fingers at each other like little kids "you started it!" "no you did!". They even went as far as reporting people simply because they were part of one faction or another regardless if they actually did something or not. NW chat is filled with trash talk and irrelevant chatter, trash talk against the commander because people cant be bothered to listen and those that want to listen well gl getting past the trash talk.

@chary you think a server like this can work together?

Considering the same reporting **** happens on Dawnglory, yes.​​
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Things are different for each server tho. If you were able to work together good for you doesnt mean my server will be able to get over themselves and work together like yours did. Kinda unrealistic to expect the same outcome. I'm pretty sure they never will.
  • blankfanclub
    edited November 2015
    @razzzza <.< It clearly would defeat the purpose of "cross-server". If you have a better suggestion, though, feel free to share. As it stands, I don't see how changing the schedule to fit the west coast would encourage more players to join the event when the amount we were getting before this were about the same as we are getting now. I think the adjustment they made was the best compromise given the situation.

P.S.
    @razzzza you'd probably support random grouping too if you're in twilight temple lol. i mean, we get 15o-200 less players than dawnglory everytime.
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    @limonazza someone told me u got embarrased so much last week that u had to spend 100m so you didnt have to PvP this week to save face, next thing u know ur server is gonna think ur bad too when they see ur losing to +10 ppl with A cards again :( that was never our intention, Im sorry, it wont happen again

ahhaha shots fired it seems world war 2

nice i like competition egg-2.gif

being honest i've been asked to lead, and genuinely put only 1 note into the commander bid, but most likely i will be back for pvp next nws cause it's way too exhausting,

dw you will be able to brag you have killed me again

while rest of my nation will take all your map behind the land you will be stuck into, with me <3

egg-2.gifPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.png

cause well point of nation wars is to kill ultimecia, not to win nation wars you know egg-2.gif
    #justHHthings egg-2.gif​​
  • blankfanclub
    Also, I've been getting more tokens now than pre cross-server being last place after they raised the token purse to 300k. I'm sure the majority of us can agree to that. I still support random grouping though <.<. It would technically still be cross-server lol just not against other servers.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    @razzzza <.< It clearly would defeat the purpose of "cross-server". If you have a better suggestion, though, feel free to share. As it stands, I don't see how changing the schedule to "fit" the west coast would encourage more players to join the event when the amount we were getting before this were about the same as we are getting now. I think the adjustment they made was the best compromise given the situation.

P.S.
    @razzzza you'd probably support random goruping too if you're in twilight temple lol. i mean, we get 15o-200 less players than dawnglory everytime.

No i dont have a better suggestion but randomize people would defeat the whole purpose.

Also yes im against random grouping because when it works like back then, the op squads get in one nation and the rest can go whereever. disliked that since the beginning lol.
    When its without squad and just random.. ok we can talk but server v server is fine​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • blankfanclub
    Yup lol just plain random. I know what you mean though lol. Oh, memories @_@
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I agree I think randomized servers would be nice. At least it would balance out 122 player (average) disadvantage for my server. A lot of my server were afk in base on Saturday. Probably tired of feeding the plat charm god in 15v30 battles. Maybe it misses the point but NW is gonna get pretty boring once most of the smaller servers stops bothering except for putting in a few uncharmed alts for farm purposes monkey-16.gif

Also @rocky19 I think many people including myself sympathized with the HL merge even though it affected us in literally no way. I highly doubt its a lack of support from the rest of the community that creates an impossible situation for HL. There is literally a list of problems unsolved by PWI that the whole forum rages about non stop that have yet to be seen to. (icons come to mind) I highly doubt the rage of @asterelle will change your situation, unfortunately. If it did we'd have to hire asterelle for our poster-archer for PW community issues.

monkey-15.gif wanna give it a shot asty?
    ​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    If we complain about cross server NW times, i am curious about cross server TW times
  • jillburns96#6648
    jillburns96#6648 Posts: 7 Arc User
    beast21g said:

If we complain about cross server NW times, i am curious about cross server TW times

Apples and oranges. Cross server TW is capped at 60 players max for each faction. Very little chance of a huge advantage due to one side way outnumbering the other. The top factions on my server will not have any issue finding 60 people for cross server TW if held at the same time as NW or later
  • envy14591
    envy14591 Posts: 3 Arc User

As much as there has been a debate going around with EU and US players about time zone (which has been favoured to the EU despite many opposing) and server timing for events, I would like to point out there exists the Asian & Asian Pacific time zone group of players as well who have been taken quite a blow with the new timing, I'm not here to judge but why not make a poll or an in game voting event (similar to voting your commander and here we can have the option of West Coast , East Coast and CET as they said 8:00 pm is fixed and wont be changed we get to decide on timezone) to see which is more preferred? (so far quite a few want it back to old timing or the east coast timing from what I know).

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    All I know since the TW time changes Etherblade has been very quiet in world chat...