Territory Wars... How was it last week?

13»

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Is it possible for PWE to just buy out Wanmei (or at least the game) and hire a bunch of competent devs and non-scumbag management to push things out properly?

Since Wanmei is the parent company, that would be rather difficult.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    the lag in tws is insane... even with graphics off you still have 5 FPS... hows that even possible after 20 mins​​
  • sylenthunder
    limonazza wrote: »
    the lag in tws is insane... even with graphics off you still have 5 FPS... hows that even possible after 20 mins

That's not lag....
    This is an older article, but it explains a bit the difference between Lag (latency) and low FPS.
    Lag vs FPS​​

​​
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    yea w.e. just saying that why that **** happens only in TW and not in NWs for example... some maps get really crowdy like 40v40 and nothing of what happens (FSP related) in TW happens anywhere else :|​​
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    another week, another tw, another 3 FPS fest. this is rickdiculous!
    (and as i mentioned i have 60+ fps on any new title - single or multi player)
    under those circumstances TW is simply unplayable, it is so bad that it should be considered to suspend tw alltogether until it will be fixed.

on a side note, the scrolling performance of the forums is abysmal. an old mypsace page loaded with gifs and videos scrolled smoother than this. performance is better on firefox, but on chrome it is a slideshow.
  • sylenthunder
    sindarella wrote: »
    another week, another tw, another 3 FPS fest. this is rickdiculous!
    (and as i mentioned i have 60+ fps on any new title - single or multi player)
    under those circumstances TW is simply unplayable, it is so bad that it should be considered to suspend tw alltogether until it will be fixed.
    Well, newer titles support multi-core processing and utilize the GPU. This 11-year-old game doesn't. It's quite obvious that it's not capable of supporting the new classes skill graphics. They definitely should have worked on updating it to the Angelica III engine like they stated they were going to do 2 years ago.
    sindarella wrote: »
    on a side note, the scrolling performance of the forums is abysmal. an old mypsace page loaded with gifs and videos scrolled smoother than this. performance is better on firefox, but on chrome it is a slideshow.
    That's probably due to the Arc embed. It's even worse if you're actually using Arc to browse the forums. Use Chrome with the enhancement Asty made, and bypass the embed for a functional forum browsing experience.​​

​​
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    during territory-wars
    SYeNsTf.png
    people with old, outdated hardware had much better performance.
    i was still one of the lucky ones, the client of half of my squad kept crashing!

after territory-wars
    BSYtPD7.png

yes, as someone from eu my ping is always quite high, there was no eu server when i started mouse-29.gif​​
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    This week guilds did not receive their 90% TW Bid Refund.
    Each week after maintenance, guild leaders receive 90% of their bid back via in-game mail.
    That means I am short 891,000,000 coins.
    That is the equivalent of over $200.

Other leaders are short similar amounts.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • sylenthunder
    daymond wrote: »
    This week guilds did not receive their 90% TW Bid Refund.
    Each week after maintenance, guild leaders receive 90% of their bid back via in-game mail.
    That means I am short 891,000,000 coins.
    That is the equivalent of over $200.

Other leaders are short similar amounts.

This is a regular occurrence. Open a ticket and pray. We seem to have to report this about every other time, and half the time they give us a bunch of **** about refunding it.
    Once again, the support system fails completely. It's not until after going back and forth several times, giving quite a bit of proof that they ever do finally concede and do what they are supposed to.​​

​​
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    null

Refund was sent Friday l. I ticketed Thursday w/ a ton of screenshots and references.

I updated my ticket to ask if Friday will be the new refund date or this was a one time occurrence.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Talking about TW... tw reset had been postponed to let more time to bigger factions to get ready for cross-server TW. Ok...
    Any scheduled date for next reset then ?
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Here is a list of problems as I see it.
    1. The time it starts. For one nation the time must be good for them as they have twice as many players than anyone else, so of course they win every week. Totally unbalanced.
    2. The little yellow man moves way too slow and by the time you get to a land to go in it is either full or the fight is over as soon as you go in. This makes for a very little time fighting. It used to be if one got 6k to 10k credits you would at least get some tokens now none.
    3. Hardly any Bridge Battles.
    4. I personally dont have any patience left to wait 30-45 minutes for tokens to arrive at the one mail box.
    5. I dont understand why all on my friends list are removed making it much harder to find faction/friends to squad with. This also causes the chat to overload.
    6. When a Commander is chosen each week the fact PWI seems we need to know who every 5 minutes for days on end, that by the time NW starts I am so sick of seeing the name---etc. Stupid commands anyway. I have talked to a couple of the commanders who wont do it again. They cant even fight and have to stay at the base for the entire 2 hrs. They said not only is it thankless but boreing as well.

• sylenthunder
    dejiavu wrote: »
    Here is a list of problems as I see it.
    1. The time it starts. For one nation the time must be good for them as they have twice as many players than anyone else, so of course they win every week. Totally unbalanced.
    2. The little yellow man moves way too slow and by the time you get to a land to go in it is either full or the fight is over as soon as you go in. This makes for a very little time fighting. It used to be if one got 6k to 10k credits you would at least get some tokens now none.
    3. Hardly any Bridge Battles.
    4. I personally dont have any patience left to wait 30-45 minutes for tokens to arrive at the one mail box.
    5. I dont understand why all on my friends list are removed making it much harder to find faction/friends to squad with. This also causes the chat to overload.
    6. When a Commander is chosen each week the fact PWI seems we need to know who every 5 minutes for days on end, that by the time NW starts I am so sick of seeing the name---etc. Stupid commands anyway. I have talked to a couple of the commanders who wont do it again. They cant even fight and have to stay at the base for the entire 2 hrs. They said not only is it thankless but boreing as well.
    For #5, it's because you are on a completely different server. If you link friends while you are in NW, it should keep that data on that server. Faction is not a possibility though.
    For #6, we have a Suggestion thread on this.​​

​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I think this is in the wrong thread...
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    TW this past weekend was not so bad, only got really choppy while 160 ppl in base with EG and NS skills flying everywhere. the fighting in the lanes was not as bad as i have experienced before.
  • jsfj
    jsfj Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Lag is a joke i can pull a cata in a 80 v 80 last 2 hours nvr manage to have a problem. Sounds like to me you peps are surfing the web when your spouse is gone. my fps stay around 81 in a max tw with a 1 gig grap card an wally world pc.
    AKA take care of you pc better
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Ok so today's TW on Dawnglory has just ended, and here is my contribution to the topic :
    I had between 1 and 5 FPS and couldn't do anything, so I decided to fully restart my PC.

After the restart of my PC and game, here is what I got once back in TW :
    ciG0iQI.jpg
    (In window mode with all details removed, and "best performance" activated (because of what i didn't see the toons around me anymore) )

Once TW is ended :
    T0KeW12.jpg

In NW i can also have some lag (especially since the cross server is in EC and i'm in EU), but i never experienced this low FPS

Actually i can have fun in NW but this TW was totally unplayable 95% of the time.
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User
    zoldickun said:

Ok so today's TW on Dawnglory has just ended, and here is my contribution to the topic :
    I had between 1 and 5 FPS and couldn't do anything, so I decided to fully restart my PC.

After the restart of my PC and game, here is what I got once back in TW :
    ciG0iQI.jpg
    (In window mode with all details removed, and "best performance" activated (because of what i didn't see the toons around me anymore) )

Once TW is ended :
    T0KeW12.jpg

In NW i can also have some lag (especially since the cross server is in EC and i'm in EU), but i never experienced this low FPS

Actually i can have fun in NW but this TW was totally unplayable 95% of the time.

Exactly this!
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    okay i did the following:

-made exception for PWI files in windows defender
    -rebooted PC before TW
    -only started PWI and Ventrilo as administrator after reboot
    -i5-4670 @3,4 GHz, 16 GB Ram, win 10 home 64Bit, GeForce GT 640
    -simple player mode, customizations off, flying heal effects off, all sparkling effects off, SB ball thingy effect off, range 45 meter, effect bar 1/3, all system overall effects at absolute minimum
    ->tw starts at 10 fps, decreasing quickly during TW
    ->suddenly ping jumps to 10.000 with everything and everyone around me freezing, while i can still move, but not cast skills
    (right after TW, ping issues stoped)

basically exactly the same issues that i had with my older laptop on windows 7 and weaker chip/ram/graphic card.
    im close to say that TW is absolutely unplayable/not enjoyable if the issues persist..
  • sylenthunder
    aphrodita wrote: »
    okay i did the following:

-made exception for PWI files in windows defender
    -rebooted PC before TW
    -only started PWI and Ventrilo as administrator after reboot
    -i5-4670 @3,4 GHz, 16 GB Ram, win 10 home 64Bit, GeForce GT 640
    -simple player mode, customizations off, flying heal effects off, all sparkling effects off, SB ball thingy effect off, range 45 meter, effect bar 1/3, all system overall effects at absolute minimum
    ->tw starts at 10 fps, decreasing quickly during TW
    ->suddenly ping jumps to 10.000 with everything and everyone around me freezing, while i can still move, but not cast skills
    (right after TW, ping issues stoped)

basically exactly the same issues that i had with my older laptop on windows 7 and weaker chip/ram/graphic card.
    im close to say that TW is absolutely unplayable/not enjoyable if the issues persist..
    If your TW starts at 10 FPS with that setup, you've got something wrong before you even get out the gate. Post in the tech support forum with your Speccy and I'll try to assist you later today.
    Or, if you're not comfortable posting that, send it to me a message through Arc. Link is in my sig.​​

​​
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Just out of curiosity. Have you ever been in a 80v80 tw with a lot of the new classes lately, Sylen?
  • koreanusername
    koreanusername Posts: 3 Arc User
    new year same issues!
    nice fps, nice fsp, sudden drop to 3fps.
    why do we keep even posting in those honeypot threads?
    it's not like some of those "HIGHLY COMPETENT" chinese devs will read this and update their hopelessly outdated engine. fox-19.gif​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Is it possible for PWE to just buy out Wanmei (or at least the game) and hire a bunch of competent devs and non-scumbag management to push things out properly?

nope. Its surprising they want to push new content. But would be nice to see a update on the system. Are we sure the Game update was dropped? I remember doing TW a few weeks ago and I could not move and was freezing up. Makes sense to use simple Graphics and Animations really one of the original things that made this game playable.​​