Faction Icons After merge

1235»

Comments

• iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Finally! Thank you PWI for giving us our faction icons! While it took a while and several submissions, my faction is happy and I am happy!
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Finally! Thank you PWI for giving us our faction icons! While it took a while and several submissions, my faction is happy and I am happy!
    Did they bother to make it transparent as well?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    Did they bother to make it transparent as well?

Yeah, that's the real question. I gave up submitting because my faction does not want ours without the transparency.

I was becoming more and more disappointed with each update anyway, and the fact that this obviously is getting ignored and not fixed was pretty much the last straw for me. Being able to see others (not HT people) with their transparent icons but not being allowed to have them ourselves just leaves me irritated every time I log in, so I finally just quit playing. I only log in now to see if the faction needs anything since I haven't found anyone to take the Leader position.

I do hope that this community one day actually gets staff that will communicate on important issues.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    This thread is a fine example of why pwi will die a slow death....
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    eirghan said:

^ I have to agree.

• joecisco
    joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
    eirghan said:

Yeah, as if the issue itself weren't bad enough. Compounding the complete lack of any support on this for over 3 months will definitely do it.

And yet they want us to vote for them in some MMO Award thing?
    pfbbbbt
  • eirghan
    Im going to try to keep this thread alive for posterity. Some poor mod will have to manually sink it to hide the shame within.
  • sylenthunder
    eirghan wrote: »
    Im going to try to keep this thread alive for posterity. Some poor mod will have to manually sink it to hide the shame within.
    Nuh uh. Not happening. Let the shame shine!

Seriously though, I am still appalled that we don't have any valid response to this from PWE.​​

​​
  • eirghan
    @thenamesdomino you can save the general discussion boards! Only YOU have the power!​​
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    I thought we did answer this O.o regardless I've sent emails to support a while ago to figure out just what's going wrong. Sorry about the dropping the ball that one will be on me, it's a really busy time around the holidays. No excuse though I'll try to do better.
  • eirghan
    Thank you we will wait patiently as ever for your word. *sets up game of dominos for the thread*
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    I've been submitting tickets since August to get my icon (or at least a poor non-transparency rendition of it) and with 2016 close upon us, we still haven't gotten it.

They've closed about 5 tickets and had me resubmit the icon and re verify my information and status as fac leader multiple times

To add insult to injury every time I resubmit the non transparent square which is our new icon, they tell me I need to be patient because it can sometimes take one to two weeks.

IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS GUYS.

I think it's past the period of acceptability or patience.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • daerontasardur
    daerontasardur Posts: 30 Arc User
    Hello all got the guild to lvl3 now...can u please tell me where/how to submit my image for a icon of my guild???

Find Out Where The Limits Are
    ...And Start From There!!!
  • daerontasardur
    OMFG Daymond just read ur thread now....thats sucks

• sylenthunder
    I have a friend who was able to submit a transparent icon through the submission web page. Unfortunately we haven't gotten a real patch in several weeks, so it hasn't appeared yet.

I really don't know what the holdup is on these issues that we've had since the merge.​​

​​
  • daerontasardur
    so i need to go to that "submission web page" to submit mine?

• sylenthunder
    If you can submit it there, that would be the normal method. Problem is that the page has been very buggy for, oh, since it was created, and they've never bothered to fix it.

The alternative is to submit a ticket...​​

​​
  • veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    tek1nig said:

What part of the page isn't working? I've heard reports of people having issues with it, but don't have any specific data to work with.

Edit: I just did a test with it, and it seems to have worked fine. Will need to wait a couple of weeks to see if it's applied.

Specifically all the drop down menu's do not drop down anything "On All Browsers".

Here is an Example:

image​​

Yup I still have this issue as well
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2015

I am having the same issue and this is the response I finally got from support.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Unfortunately, there may be some issues related to the faction icons resulting from the recent server merge. We're unable to provide an exact timeframe, but we're already looking into having this sorted out as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, you can try submitting your logo through the website link below within the next several business days.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon

Problem is that is the same link that will NOT work for us. the fields do not give a drop down :(
    I've not only tried various browsers but also 4 different PC's and still wont work.
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • sylenthunder
    veganblood wrote: »
    I am having the same issue and this is the response I finally got from support.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Unfortunately, there may be some issues related to the faction icons resulting from the recent server merge. We're unable to provide an exact timeframe, but we're already looking into having this sorted out as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, you can try submitting your logo through the website link below within the next several business days.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon

Problem is that is the same link that will NOT work for us. the fields do not give a drop down :(
    I've not only tried various browsers but also 4 different PC's and still wont work.
    This issue is account-specific. It's not so much a problem with the page itself, as it is that the page is unable to pull the data from your specific account so it is not able to populate the menus. The page itself functions fine, it's the interface with the server database that is the problem. I have it work perfectly fine on my main account, but if I use my Veno's account, I cannot get it to work.​​

​​
  • eirghan
    edited January 2016
  • eirghan
    I figured it'd be fitting to leave a last post here.

The hope a new CM brought was just a big let down, as we all predicted.
    6 MONTHS and no word back on a simple in game issue. I have so little hope for this game that I'm not even gonna keep this thread going. I don't even care to log in anymore. Hopefully someone else cares enough to stick it to the Chinese-man. Good luck.​​
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    I know I'm necroing this thread, but I thought I would let people know that 32 bit icons will work via the submission page now (at least sometimes). After multiple ticket replies saying they could not use my 32 bit, I resubmitted mine via the page on the advice of a friend that had it work and now we have our original icon back.

My apologies to the mods. I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)