PWI : War Front - The Good / Bad / Broken and not Listed Changes.

Options

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Sorry, Im really busy with work at the moment and will likley be for the next week or so.

I will look at this over the weekend. Not Saturday tho ( I go on strike for Doctor Who)

Sorry and Thanks,
    Don't worry, I may take a few minutes tonight to collect data and update the OP for you also.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    cross server ranking finally (after 2 days) shows other servers as well, but judging from the data, the infos we got from the other servers seem to be 24 hours old, at the point of the ranking update.
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options
    darkonome said:

Some people on wc were saying BH rewards have been changed and there's no longer Excitement/Ecstasy cards replaced with a War Avatar item (the one that is used to make the type-specific B-S packs but not the essence) . Not sure if true or not, would make sense consider Mirages were nerfed etc.

Not sure if/what it replaces... But I can confirm I got this item from BH and also got Ecstasy Card reward, so I am sure atleast Ecstasy Card still is a possible reward.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Options
    darkonome wrote: »
    do they even beta test releases?

They mentioned they have QA team, but if they know game as well as ppl who put wedding rings to promo rewards, I wouldn't count on any serious testing before release :D
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    BAD - forced PK mode after NW; reward tokens not mailed any more (i think - as I missed some instruction that said wait inside forever till you see the rewards and I left my big whopping 14 token reward behind)
  • kingspellcaster
    kingspellcaster Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    justdax said:

BAD - forced PK mode after NW; reward tokens not mailed any more (i think - as I missed some instruction that said wait inside forever till you see the rewards and I left my big whopping 14 token reward behind)

When you tele back to Wargod Gulch, you should of checked a glowing pillar npc. It was indeed a mailbox.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    Bad - You can get a server error while you are inside the tower. Basically start game, no server error, died on a floor in the tower, and i got server error while i was afk, this can become really troublesome for those who like me get this issue often. Anyone else got server error while in the tower?​​
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Server Error is something that happens when the client isn't able to "talk" to the server correctly. The most common cause of it is either bad DNS routing or dropped packets. It's pretty rare for it to occur once the data stream is established, but not unheard of. I've noticed a lot of funky-ness with DNS pathing this past week in regards to the PWI server routes. not entirely sure why it is, but currently I'm blaming AT&T since the issues I'm seeing are mostly occurring on their network nodes.​​

​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    Server Error is something that happens when the client isn't able to "talk" to the server correctly. The most common cause of it is either bad DNS routing or dropped packets. It's pretty rare for it to occur once the data stream is established, but not unheard of. I've noticed a lot of funky-ness with DNS pathing this past week in regards to the PWI server routes. not entirely sure why it is, but currently I'm blaming AT&T since the issues I'm seeing are mostly occurring on their network nodes.

Thanks, i was not aware that we could still get server error once the game was up and running. I can't recall the exact points, but my connection hits the west coast and goes to the east coast, takes about 5~8 hops if i am not mistaken. Let's hope they "fix" it.​​
  • mai0
    mai0 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    BAD: mirages and celestones are worth 0...but u still have to pay to make celestones into mirages...that makes a LOT of sense... (I want my 40mil that my mirages used to be worth please)
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    mai0 said:

BAD: mirages and celestones are worth 0...but u still have to pay to make celestones into mirages...that makes a LOT of sense... (I want my 40mil that my mirages used to be worth please)

So? Try spending $1000s on other gears with refines only to have them decomposed to just a few mirages.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Edit:​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    May want to add a note that the autumn daily seems to be broken. I saw a few forum posters complaining that they can't complete the quest. They're getting an "invalid mission" message when trying to hand in. I haven't personally verified this since I can't be bothered to log in.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    we need the devs to stop #%^&$%^& the coin values of everything I just looked and i lost 20 million because the mirages I saved up are now worth 0. PWI admits they have control over the patches we recieve in the sense that they can request changes. So they best request changes that actually fit our needs. China is nurfing the $%&* out of everything farmable because of their insane bot problem. However what our pw version does not realize is that in doing this it is almost impossible to farm coin now a days. Almost all the coin i could possibly get is comming from other players alone. Now look at this wholistically:

good: no (almost no) coins are being generated on the server. This should help kill inflation and lower prices

bad: Everything that comes from this
    1. extremely hard to farm
    2. coin circulation is **&&*^* up
    3. The entire economy's influx is being based on a real life dollar......................... think about that one and how thats gonna end up
    4. Aside from farming pots(which aren't worth much),tt (which nobody really needs because 95%+ existing players by now are G16/r9 and we get essentially no new players), lunar (same as tt), there is no real way to make coin aside from merchanting. BUT WAIT! Merchanting is based on real life dollar (reference problem number 3) and farmable good (reference what I just said)

So what are we left with right now?
    A game in which it is nearly impossible to make progress with your character without putting money into the game. An economy in which coin is not circulating properly. The lack of ability to farm coin (not to mention that the "coin you are farming" is comming directly out of another player's pocket).

So I ask, representitives of pw, what is your real plan to fix any of these problems, not to mention the other issues with the expansion such as:
    1. cross server payout is way too small, and all the other issues with this. (see other threads)
    2. the length of world chat messages have been almost halved.
    3. even more coin prices reduced
    4. many bugs with the tower (see other threads)
    5. insert slew of stuff that still needs to be fixed

How to fix this problem:
    Why even bother telling them this, i've offered at least 10 solutions over the past month. Its not like they are actually gonna act on anything said here. Meanwhile, I believe I speak for the community when I say, the community is dying because of company greed and if these problems are not fixed soon the community will disappear.

Because PW seems only speak in terms of money, i'll clearify: no community/no happy community = no money. To be honest i'd love to sit down with just one of the guys from the top of this company and just ask the simple question: Do you even play the game you run? Because the obvious answer appears to be no since they have absolutely no idea of the issues we have, and furthermore, it seems impossible to reach them.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    May want to add a note that the autumn daily seems to be broken. I saw a few forum posters complaining that they can't complete the quest. They're getting an "invalid mission" message when trying to hand in. I haven't personally verified this since I can't be bothered to log in.

There's something really odd about that daily, yesterday I couldn't complete it either so I trashed it, but today I could complete it. Maybe only some of the quests he randomly gives are broken, not all?
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options
    aphrodita said:2nd) you forgot to put War Avatar Essences into the Boutique

Do we know for certain it will be a boutique item? I was kinda wagering on it being a new ultra rare pack item.
    Post edited by belnor on
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    Really Really Sorry.

My workload has gone well over the top. Should be back to normal this weekend so I will get this done then. Again sorry for everyone that is waiting for this info.

Thanks.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    belnor said:

Do we know for certain it will be a boutique item? I was kinda wagering on it being a new ultra rare pack item.

It's a boutique item in China. Reasonable to assume it will be here also.
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    On Twilight Temple, Endless Universe was the BH1. Did it with barb, was in range for kill and turn in to wade something npc for the gearbox/exp orb. Did not get 2nd Tuc Su Toxin. Not even after turning in BH1. Couldn't get another from npc. Even though patch notes said the 1 time per day restriction was lifted... >.> I wanted to be able to spam EU on my rb seeker on the day it was a bh to get a lot of exp orbs
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Options
    Since the introduction of the PWI : War-front Expansion - chat box character limit has been significantly reduced. to barely a sentence. I want to know if this is something that is aware of and is planned on being fixed. Because this has become a highly irritating issue especially as a merchant attempting to sell my farmed goods and get cut off prematurely mid-sentence.

An update on this would be appreciated. fish-10.gif
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• sylenthunder
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Since the introduction of the PWI : War-front Expansion - chat box character limit has been significantly reduced. to barely a sentence. I want to know if this is something that is aware of and is planned on being fixed. Because this has become a highly irritating issue especially as a merchant attempting to sell my farmed goods and get cut off prematurely mid-sentence.

An update on this would be appreciated. fish-10.gif
    Most likely will be fixed in the next patch or two. It's one of those "minor localization changes" that they **** up because it's specific in our version and not in the original.

Also, merged your post into this thread where it belonged, though this has been mentioned here a few times already.​​

​​
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    Updated the OP for Heero200​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Updated the OP for Heero200

Looks like you got this covered.

Ill give it a look over and then hopefully will be finished with it.

Thanks as well I should be around again more now.

Done.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Options
    I think I found out the error of towers doors sometimes closed when enter a new floor.
    When you complete a floor and stand on the place that start/activate the room, it will automatically start the next floor as well as soon you teleport there. Door will be closed and you cannot enter the room, meanwhile timer is running.
  • hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Options
    fyresong said:

Just completed EU, turned in at the NPC, got a Drunk Lotus Pill but NO Tuc Su Toxin to start the instance again.

The patch notes say "*The once-per-day restriction on entering the Endless Universe has been removed. Completing the quest after killing Ghost Wing will award you with an additional Tuc Su Toxin."

This did not happen for anyone in my squad. Where do we get the Toxin, or is this broken?

Oh wow i thought someone would have said this by now but ill go ahead. The whole entering EU thing again doesn't give you another Toxin. If you happen to have gotten the Toxin earlier but didnt use it to start EU then you can tele to it again on another day. Basically you have an extra one in your bag :/ sightly convenient for those who couldn't get a BH squad i guess. Hopes this helps if you didn't find out already.

• mishka#2285
    mishka#2285 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options
    >.> the jones blessing code no longer works
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    >.> the jones blessing code no longer works

You're doing it wrong. It's working fine. I just redeemed one.​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    shopcheese wrote: »
    I think I found out the error of towers doors sometimes closed when enter a new floor.
    When you complete a floor and stand on the place that start/activate the room, it will automatically start the next floor as well as soon you teleport there. Door will be closed and you cannot enter the room, meanwhile timer is running.

Interesting point. Could be Could Be.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    shopcheese wrote: »

Interesting point. Could be Could Be.

I would bank on this. I watch my veno pet run frantically towards me from the middle of the room every time I teleport to new one. Some part of the toon is teleporting into the middle of the room before being placed at a starting point outside of it.​​
  • eemukas1
    eemukas1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Options
    I think 4 bosses are not bugged. I also thought they are, but later i noticed, that i actualy havent killed a boss. its easy to mis, cause when he has 1hp you still need to cast 1-2 hits to finish it. and if it is not dead completley - you can not harm the other boss.
    capnk said:

You got kicked out because the instance resets at 7:00 am Wednesday.

You're supposed to avoid those walls of fire and poison and such, not charm tank them.

The only real bug I've found is that sometimes the bosses of room 9 and 18 will "reset" forever and you can't damage them. To fix this you have to town portal and go outside the instance (all the way out to Lothranis), then the quest will fail and you can start those floors again.