Nation Wars: The Information

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited November 2015 in Nation Wars
Hey Everyone!

Going to clear the air here and drop some knowledge regarding the new Nation Wars events, if you have any questions, just let me know.

Please Note: This event requires level 100 and Aware of the Myriad or Aware of the Void in order to participate.

On Saturday and Sunday at 20:15 CET, General Helian will appear at 548, 678 in Archosaur. Talk to him to enter Wargod Gulch (cross-server).

In Wargod Gulch, talk to Overseer Aeban and choose Quest Related to take the quest to get a Nation Wars entry pass. At 20:20, talk to him again to enter Nation Wars.

Once you enter, you will be placed into one of the four Nations; everyone within the same server (IE: Everyone entering from Etherblade etc.) should be in the same Nation. You can talk to Overseer Aeban or your Nation's leader to leave the Nation Wars.

If you press M to open the map, you will see the strategic map showing all of the territories. Click on a territory to travel to it; while you can freely travel to and through territories owned by your nation, traveling to one owned by another nation will initiate a battle. There are three types of battlefields: Bridge Battle, Crystal Contest, and Capture the Flag Island. The victor of the battle will take control of that territory.

Lets break down the types of battles:

Bridge Battle
This battlefield is a bridge linking both teams' starting points. Each side is guarded by three towers. Destroy all three of the enemy's towers (each one will respawn twice) to win the battle.

Capture the Flag Island
There are three pits in the center of the island, and the flag will randomly spawn in one of them. Once you pick up the flag, you must bring it to your opponent's side of the island to score (the offense controls the southern side, while the defense controls the northern side). The first team that scores twice wins the battle. When the flag is captured, or when the flag bearer is killed, the flag will respawn in one of the three pits after about 45 seconds.

Crystal Contest
The center of the map contains five large crystals. Using one of these crystals will capture it for your team, slowly generating points over time. The first team to reach 99 points wins.

What about the Commander and why should I care?

Between 20:30 and 21:00 server time on Wednesday, players interested in becoming the Nation Wars Commander can talk to the Nation War Recruiter at 548, 678 and bid Ten Million Big Notes. Players can only bid once, and notes will not be returned regardless of whether or not they win the bidding. When the bidding closes, the three players who bid the most notes will become the candidates for Commander.

From 22:00 on Wednesday to 22:00 on Thursday, all players on the servers who qualify to enter Nation Wars can vote for the Nation Wars Commander at the Nation War Recruiter. Voting requires a Ballot, which can be purchased from the Recruiter for 3,150,000 coins. Players can vote as many times as they have ballots. The player with the most votes will become the Commander until bidding re-opens the following week.

The Commander can also claim the Commander's Seal from the Nation War Recruiter between their election and 20:00 on Friday. This Blessing Box grants significant stat bonuses, but only lasts for one week.

The Commander has a special role within the Nation Wars. Rather than participating in the battlefields, the Commander remains in the Nation's headquarters and directs the other players. The Commander can use Nation chat for free (all other players must pay 10,000 coins per message), and their text is a different color. On the map, they have three abilities. Two of these abilities use Commander Points, of which they have 1000 available.

Commander Abilities:

Minor Assist Order
Using a Minor Assist Order on a battlefield costs 50 Commander Points, and grants all players in that battlefield an additional 25% points if they win.

Major Assist Order
Using a Major Assist Order on a battlefield costs 100 Commander Points, and grants all players in that battlefield an additional 50% points if they win.

Set Battlefield Entrance Requirements
The Commander can set the requirements to enter the battlefield, for example putting a limit on the number of players of a particular class that can join, or requiring certain stats or levels to enter. Requirements can be set for up to seven battlefields at a time. Setting or cancelling requirements does not cost Commander Points.

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit.

- Domino

Because of the change in time, Territory War times have also been adjusted:
New TW time schedule (All times are according to server time):
Sat 17:00
Sat 18:30
Sun 17:00
Mon 14:00
Fri 20:00
(The first priority time slot is Sat 17:00, then Fri 20:00)
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    Also the times were adjusted due to everyone's feedback. Keep it up because we really are taking it into account.
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I enter nation war just fine, but when wife tries to enter she gets dc and cant enter. Can anyone help with this?
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    So if you're adjusting Friday NW to Saturday, what time does that TW switch to instead? Or do we literally have to make a choice between NW and TW?​​
  • thenamesdomino
    Disconnected? Okay I'll have the team look into it. And she fulfills the requirements to enter correct?
  • hockey57
    hockey57 Posts: 35 Arc User
    So, the times themselves didn't change, but it is now Saturday and Sunday. Any news on the low number of tokens?

P.S. The update is appreciated.
  • alexluthor#0617
    alexluthor#0617 Posts: 1 Arc User
    how about the ammount of tokens? we had the same ammount for only 1 server before, now it's split between 4 servers, as a T3 user, i only get, if lucky, 30+
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    You don't have to pay for ballots. You get a free one from doing a quest at the recruiter, and the Knight NPC inside Wargod Gulch gives one free one per day (so two per week by entering the cross server).
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Curious question, now that NW has been moved to Saturday instead of Friday, what is going to happen to the cross-server TW when it arrives in PWI?​​
  • hockey57
    hockey57 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    TW Times of Sat 17:00 and Sat 18:30 overlap . . .

AKA: Factions can now end up simultaneously attacking and defending at the same time if TW takes over 1.5 hours. Just wow.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Because of the change in time, Territory War times have also been adjusted:
    New TW time schedule (All times are according to server time):
    Sat 17:00
    Sat 18:30
    Sun 17:00
    Mon 14:00
    Fri 20:00

Is this the times for each server?
    Also, I think the first Sat is incorrect.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @thenamesdomino Is there any plans for increasing the supply tokens gained? before cross NW every server had its own pool and the reward was 78.000 tokens but now all 4 server have to share the 78.000 Tokens and that leads to a very low amount of rewards even for top tier fighters.

Give us a heads up when you know more please :)​​
    Post edited by razzzza on
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @malllliii check out this post by asterelle. Check this file. If it's different, run as admin and paste the below and save. Completely exit out of pwi and start again. If that doesn't work try reinstalling arc or running repair and make sure you are not bypassing. I ended up having to reinstall arc to get mine to work but after doing all three things I was able to enter.

Also... Ew at the Monday TW time.... Another time people are generally at work.

At least I'm not really Twing a lot lately.

asterelle wrote: »
    I couldn't get in to the new server. Said 'server field can't be left blank'.

I was able to get in eventually by having someone mail me a correct serverlist.txt file. Mine was bugged (patcher never updates it for some reason). If others have this problem do this:

Put this in C:\Games\PWI_en\patcher\server\serverlist.txt
    or wherever your pwi install is.
    Europe
    Dawnglory	29000:pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu	54

US West
    Etherblade	29000:pwiwest4.perfectworld.com	6
    Twilight Temple	29000:pwigc2.perfectworld.com	4

US East
    Tideswell	29000:pwieast2.perfectworld.com	10

Cross1	29000:pwieast3.perfectworld.com	20	&2

​​
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Well the NW time friday was bad... But... I rather continue having NW at a friday, than **** over the TW times like this... How about no thanks. Seriously... tiger-12.gif​​
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I am also interested in knowing if and what the plans are for increasing token count.

Also thank you Arc team for the urgency in the matter of NW times : )
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    no offense, but what are you guys smoking? do you even spend more than 2 minutes for such decisions? it might mean nothing to you, but basically affects your entire playerbase.

"oh what, some of you guys cant attend friday NWs because we gave you a terrible timeslot? OKAY LETS HAVE TW ON THAT DAY INSTEAD"

well played.

i want sparkiesoft back, at least he had a little clue of the game.
  • creysero
    creysero Posts: 101 Arc User

Also the times were adjusted due to everyone's feedback. Keep it up because we really are taking it into account.

Can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee Fix the logo issue... We wanna be able to use transparent logos again!
  • bloodking82
    bloodking82 Posts: 27 Arc User
    So we have 2 TW slots that overlap, and 1 TW slot that overlaps with NW....

You didn't listen to the feedback, you just wrote down random times and said " here, this is what you get"

And you didn't even manage to fix the more important part, the 4 times decrease in tokens
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    Just wondering when in cross-server Nation Wars you can't add friends to your friend list, even if that person is standing next to you, you can't add them.
  • chary
    Pretty sure the Monday/Friday tw timeslots are the very last ones and the ones we will likely never see outside of reset.

I am more concerned with why y'all can't just leave Sat 14:00 tw alone. Why push it up to 17:00 and then have probably overlap with 18:30 tw?​​
  • patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    Complete flop. 30-50 tokens for a 2 hour nw. What in the world was you thinking?
  • testxvi
    chary wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Monday/Friday tw timeslots are the very last ones and the ones we will likely never see outside of reset.

I am more concerned with why y'all can't just leave Sat 14:00 tw alone. Why push it up to 17:00 and then have probably overlap with 18:30 tw?

Just a guess, but I could imagine they would want to put battle treasure island on that slot.​​
  • thenamesdomino
    Clarified. The Saturday17:00 time slot is for first Priority then the same for Friday 20:00
  • chary
    edited November 2015
    testxvi wrote: »

I am more concerned with why y'all can't just leave Sat 14:00 tw alone. Why push it up to 17:00 and then have probably overlap with 18:30 tw?

Just a guess, but I could imagine they would want to put battle treasure island on that slot.

That would be hella dumb as that would make it 8am for people on east coast and 5am for people on west coast.

Honestly, I would have just left NW as it was this week. The Friday timeslot sucks **** for most non-European people, but it's not worth **** over TW times.​​
  • testxvi
    edited November 2015

Just a guess, but I could imagine they would want to put battle treasure island on that slot.

That would be hella dumb as that would make it 8am for people on east coast and 5am for people on west coast.

Honestly, I would have just left NW as it was this week. The Friday timeslot sucks **** for most non-European people, but it's not worth **** over TW times.

Oh, I was making my guess in PST time (PDT? whatever its called) since I play on a west coast server, 14:00 would be 23:00 CET...¨

Edit: Now that I think about it, that wouldnt be possible, because players have to return to original server before 23:59 CET and battle treasure probably takes more than an hour
    However, now that NW is moved to saturday, for the east coast NW will be at 14:00 if i counted right. That must be why they moved the 14:00 TW slot.​​
    Post edited by testxvi on
  • loffen
    loffen Posts: 7 Arc User
    well gratz you just forzed mee 2 not do tw and nw bicos some of uss do live in eu and its not fer for uss 2 do nw at 2 am and tw at 6 am and some of uss do hav a life find a diffrens
  • loffen
    loffen Posts: 7 Arc User
    and if you dont change it back i want all may toons moved 2 eu tideswell = 30 toons all 103+
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User

Honestly, I would have just left NW as it was this week. The Friday timeslot sucks **** for most non-European people, but it's not worth **** over TW times.

^

This

Cross server events should not interfere with intra server events

Leave intra server events as they are and build the cross event times around the time slots the intra server events leave free

which are friday night
    sunday afternoon and sunday night

IT'S SO FUDGING SIMPLE PWI
    FUDGING DO IT​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Yeah. I really think NW needs to be put back on Friday and leave the TW times as they were. monkey-32.gif​​
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    dominio, i think its safe to say that nobody here wants friday 8 pm TWs.
  • chary
    aphrodita wrote: »
    dominio, i think its safe to say that nobody here wants friday 8 pm TWs.

I wouldn't mind Friday 8pm tw if it didn't likely mean cross server tw will be at some stupid hour in the morning for those of us in the US.​​