New Archer Skills in the Next Expansion

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Archer
Another expansion and another 'upgrade' of archer skills....

The raw chinese text can be found here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=adVuCSuH

We get 3 primal upgrades and a super skill that unlocks a follow up skill. I'm not quite sure how the triggering mechanic works, it might be an automatic follow up skill or you might be able to cast it for a while. It's probably like the duskblade combo skills. I translated the new super skill as accurately as I can.

Primal Skills
Φ/Ω Lightning Strike - Damage increased to base + 150% + 7588
Φ/Ω Thunder shock - Damage increased to base + 100% + 9020, metal debuff increased to 80% (from 50%)
Σ Leap left/right - 3 seconds of anti stun when leaping

Super Skill
Σ Soul Elimination Heavenly Arrow
Mana 225
Channel 0.5s
Cast 1.2s
Cooldown 300s
Consumes (some item)
Required Cultivation Aware of Vacuity

Fuses the casters blood into godly wings of electric destruction.
Deals base + 100% weapon attack + 7458 physical damage.
Increases physical penetration by 3000 for 5 seconds.
Immune to movement impairing effects for 10 seconds.

Randomly triggers Σ Quickshot, Σ Lightning Strike, or Σ Take Aim
2nd skill receives 500% bonus weapon damage.
Requires 1 arrow

Triggered skills
Σ Quickshot - 0.1s channel, 0.6s cast, , 3s cooldown, deals base + 200% + 12508, 30% attack speed increase for 10seconds
Σ Lightning Strike - 0.1s channel, 0.6s cast, 6s cooldown, deals base + 200% + 7588 metal damage and stuns for 3s
Σ Take Aim - 0.1s channel, 0.6s cast, 3s cooldown, deals base + 400%

First off the primal skills are pretty ****, slightly more damage on a crappy skill doesn't make it better...
I looked quickly at the other classes and see things like BM's getting AoE reel in, Wizard getting stealth on distance shrink, Barb getting aoe player knockback... tiger-9.gif

The super skill might be good. 3000 physical penetration lets you deal like 30% more damage for 5 seconds and the triggered skill seems to get an added 500% weapon damage. If you get take aim thats 900% more weapon damage which is around 2x base damage. 30% more on that will make it 2.6x base damage.

Still it's hard to get excited about a skill that hits as hard as Elimination with 20 times longer cooldown...
​​
Post edited by asterelle on

Comments

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    I don't know why they keep throwing more antistun at us when almost every class can bypass it with the paralyse. I was kind of hoping they would add something to balance out vs the new classes a bit but nope. Archer vs DB atm is pretty hilarious.

The Σ skills triggered by the Super skill are the effects unique to that trigger skill, i.e. LS stuns only if triggered by Super skill right, and so it can miss for either cultivation? Therefore the Σ QS proc's 30% aps regardless of cultivation and 100%? ΣTake aim has a charge up or insta cast?

Are you sure it's not a case of you cast Super skill, then three icons pop up and you can choose one of the three Σ QS, LS, TA with the effects described above if used within a time frame. Randomly casting one of the three is a bit naff.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Pretty sure the anti-stun is fix to getting air locked when leaping, which is nice. Like sure you can still leap on air but least there is only so many ways ppl can lock you there.

Edit: Then again for it to really work as such, would need to have puri on it too but that might be bit too much.
    Post edited by keihan007#7641 on
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • asterelle
    @darkonome the triggered skills are separate from the normal sage/demon versions and are the same between cultis. Σ Take Aim has no charge. Σ Lightning Strike can miss. Σ Quickshot has a 100% chance to give you 30% attack speed bonus for 10s.

It says it randomly triggers one of those three skills. The two possibilities are that it automatically follows up the ulti skill with one of those 3 or it has a pop up combo skill like DB. I can't really decide which of those two are more likely. It's kind of weird that it also says that it adds 500% weapon attack on the 2nd skill when those skills are unique to begin with, why not just make them stronger?

I think those are just minor points though, the changes we're getting are a lot more clear than with most classes.

Honestly I think it's pretty meh. You see stuff like the wiz getting stealth on distance shrink (a force stealth with 10s cooldown lol), seeker being unselectable after transposition, cleric getting a no cooldown AoE in VD mode... I'm mildly curious about the ulti skill but with a 5 minute cooldown and consuming a mat you get from doing your new housing quests (the same mat you need for gear) I don't think it can be used often enough to be relevant.
    ​​
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I take it that, the symbol before the new primal skills are for both sage and demon. I'm excited for these upgrades but yeah, other classes are still getting better upgrades.

I am mostly happy about the leaps, not getting trapped mid air by sins and other classes when trying to kite will definitely be a help.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • axel320
    axel320 Posts: 66 Arc User
    phmn said:

I take it that, the symbol before the new primal skills are for both sage and demon. I'm excited for these upgrades but yeah, other classes are still getting better upgrades.

I am mostly happy about the leaps, not getting trapped mid air by sins and other classes when trying to kite will definitely be a help.

Will be fun trying to remember that you're SOL if you try leap -> WoG or leap -> alac now though.
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    Do we have any idea what the recipes for these new skills are yet? What bloods (if any) are required and what not?
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • asterelle
    edited November 2015
    phmn wrote: »
    Do we have any idea what the recipes for these new skills are yet? What bloods (if any) are required and what not?

It's a new type of blood. 10 for each skill and 1 for level 1 of the super skill and 30 for level 2 of the super skill. I'm not really sure whats the difference between level 1 and level 2 of that skill. Overall expect to finish it in 71 days of dailies in the new housing stuff.

Also the Σ symbol I'm just making up. I used it since primal skills that aren't culti specific use that but the super skill will probably receive a new Greek letter since it is a red color skill. Probably Δ Θ or Ψ.
    ​​
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Yeah the leaps is going to be annoying/limiting more than useful 8/10 times. What they should have done is given leaps a 100% status evasion for a few seconds.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

It's a new type of blood. 10 for each skill and 1 for level 1 of the super skill and 30 for level 2 of the super skill. I'm not really sure whats the difference between level 1 and level 2 of that skill. Overall expect to finish it in 71 days of dailies in the new housing stuff.

Also the Σ symbol I'm just making up. I used it since primal skills that aren't culti specific use that but the super skill will probably receive a new Greek letter since it is a red color skill. Probably Δ Θ or Ψ.

ANOTHER type of blood? So even more dailies to do, and probably another sky level to go through? tiger-18.gif

Make it stop already holy ****​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• asterelle
    dblazen1 wrote: »
    asterelle wrote: »

ANOTHER type of blood? So even more dailies to do, and probably another sky level to go through? tiger-18.gif

Make it stop already holy ****

Ehh I was being misleading by using primal terminology in a generic sense. The new content and the new dailies are from the new housing instance. There is no expansion of primal content (though I should double check this later). These skills are similar to primal skills in that they are "level 12" upgrades but they aren't actually from primal.
    ​​
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    God this is depressing...