Cross-Server NW QQ

Comments

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Well Thank you all for posting on this thread. I used to love NW but now until I need NW buff pots I probably won't bother trying it out. Someone mentioned Nirvana well I only have thousands of keys so maybe we'll see a revival of an old instance : p
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    @saxroll I'm sure Sylen can tell you why your ping sucked, but refer to my previous post to know where it was hosted.

Yeah, I'd love to get hard data from like the Harshlands people that got stuck on DawnGlory, but no one will answer my questions or provide traceroutes to narrow it down. Same would go for the new NW Instance, but finding out where it's located is actually pretty easy.
    A trace to the server shows it located on the East Coast.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    @sylenthunder I'm clueless how it all works lol. I just press buttons and haz interwebz. But basically it's an east coast server using an EU time zone? Or am I even more clueless? :3
    102/101/102 cleric
  • sylenthunder
    @sylenthunder I'm clueless how it all works lol. I just press buttons and haz interwebz. But basically it's an east coast server using an EU time zone? Or am I even more clueless? :3

No, that's basically it. The server is on the East Coast, but the time on the server is set to CET.​​

​​
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    Hey,

at all it was a funny experience to play with new players on one server.
    In general, it was relative smooth playing and less bugs as I expected.

But there are still some things to mention:
    1. Reward
    Please fix the amount of NW token reward for the server.
    2. Balancing of Fights
    It was obviously, that EU server had a bigger player base regarding the time zone.
    You cant change the time zones on earth and we all need to find the "right" time for all.
    Pretty sure for some people it will be always the wrong time.
    May it would be more fair to have different timeslots for the new C-NW? e. g. one time to US times and one time to EU time?
    ... and hereby finding motivation factors to increase the NW token rewards if the timezone is not very suitable for this part of the world?
    3. Player Base Mix
    By choosing always the same server with same players there will be less random people in the nations.
    If some servers are less populated they will never have a good chance.
    So I am not convinced if always all players from one server should fight against all players of another server.
    May its better to mix them and let people play on random base to each other.
    3. Alts ...
    On Dawnglory are still a lot of alts online next to the main player. Its really annoying and the new limitation of entry still not keep them out of these fights ...
    4. Improve Chat Functionality
    Keep the people on block list really blocked ... I only block people who spam nonstop and are not able to keep chat clean ... now these trolls are all back -.-
    Let us whisper with our enemies ;) ... this will reduce most probably world chat activities

In summary, I am still glad that it worked better as expected and I enjoyed the new fights.

Cheers
    Zoe
    Dawnglory
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    We had been playing almost 8 years without any blue mode and everything was fine, almost no spam kills. How do you think we survived? Now everyone is in hysteria because of 8 hours of pk mode (as if they really spend those 8 hours outside sz nonstop) tiger-43.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    how do someone candidates as commander, i believe none on dawnglory figured out how to do it​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    limonazza said:

how do someone candidates as commander, i believe none on dawnglory figured out how to do it​​

Go to the Nation Wars Recruiter NPC. On Wednesday at 830 pm server time his top option will change and you can bid. Bidding is done in 10m big notes, which you need in inventory. Voting is the following day for 24 hours (with tons of system chat spam).

The three people who bid the most big notes are eligible to be voted on. You get a free ballot from doing the quest at the recruiter. I also got a ballot from an NPC inside the actual NW.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    limonazza wrote: »
    how do someone candidates as commander, i believe none on dawnglory figured out how to do it

To become a commander candidate you need to bid at NW Recruiter on 20:30-21:00 server time on Wednesday using 10-million-notes. Top 3 bidders become the candidates. If top candidates have equal amount of votes, the one who bid more wins.

On TS there were two that bidded for command: Kitty and a nabby BM. Unfortunately lots of people hate Kitty's way of speaking and thus they voted that nabby BM instead, though Kitty warned of consequences. And the BM became the commander because for whatever reason PWI closed voting 10 mins ahead of time so Kitty couldn't throw in the ballots she bought to win.

As a result, we had a commander that mostly cheered, didn't use class limiter at all and used assist orders as "need help"-markers instead of using them to reward good, victorious battles. And Kitty tried directing as commander didn't.

Just a hint for other servers: get a good commander, one that understands how to use class-limiter and assist orders and knows his/her basics of strategy.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    NW is fixed on 20:10. If the NW have to be equal or ahead of the characters original servertime, then why exactly CET? Why not like... 3 hours ahead of CET? (Whatever that timezone is called)
  • sylenthunder
    edited November 2015
    shopcheese wrote: »
    NW is fixed on 20:10. If the NW have to be equal or ahead of the characters original servertime, then why exactly CET? Why not like... 3 hours ahead of CET? (Whatever that timezone is called)

This has already been answered by PWE staff. hang on and I'll go hunt down what they said.
    mintsummer wrote: »
    Hello,
    I can shed a little light on the decision we made to set the Nation War time as it is now. When the decision was made, we weren’t choosing between EU or US players, we had to use CET because it is ahead of all of the server times. While testing the event, we encountered some major errors if the cross server wasn’t set to CET. When players entered a cross server zone where the time wasn’t set ahead of their server time, they would never be able to return to their original server, or if it was possible, all of their skill cooldowns would be set to 3 hours+. We chose CET time because it prevented players from ever encountering these issues. (There were test characters who were lost forever in this process :cry: )

Your feedback about the current days and time has been really useful to us.  We are currently working on a new time schedule for all events: Territory Wars, Nation War, Battle for Treasure Island. We have also been working with the developers to see if there is any way they can modify the event for us.

Right now, we are open to time schedule suggestions if you have them and thanks again for the feedback. :smile:

And because of that last sentence, I started the thread, "Event Time Suggestions".​​

​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Other than some of the obvious shortcomings such as the imbalanced participation rate of the EU server compared to the other 3 I do say it was a very interesting experience. Was really nice to see and compete against other players from the other servers. Thanks to all from all the servers for the fun.

As for the token rewards I think we all got a bit spoiled. I recall when NW first came out. There were a lot of people on the server in NW and tokens and we didn't receive a lot of tokens. Granted more than we did today but as people got bored with NW or quit the game the NW participation rate declined and the amount of tokens everyone got increased. At the same time the prices of raps, SoW, cannies, etc started dropping like a rock. We got spoiled with that.

You EU people recall when your servers over there merged there was a lot of QQ because that caused the NW participation rate to double thus causing the amount of rewards to drop. Then some of you all rushed to the forums demanding that the token rewards be increased to make up the difference. Then our servers merged creating the same issue. Just remember when NW came out and so many people were doing it and think about the amount of rewards we got compared to last week and then today. More people I NW = more the rewards is divided among them. We got spoiled with low NW participation rates in the past year or so we got used to 300+ tokens for rewards in the winning nation. They should increase it slightly due to the increased number of lands but I don't think by much. Maybe 20% to 30%.

As far as how NW worked today I'm certain that strategies will be created to counter the advantage a certain nation has over the others due to numbers. It's called working together to gank the **** out of the winning nation. EU had 200+ people more then the other nations but the other nations combined had more than 300 more than the EU server. Think about that.

As a side note just thinking about the way this cross server setup actually worked I firmly believe it is possible to port an account from 1 server to another now considering that we ported 1400+ people from 4 servers into one server for NW.

• shopcheese
    @sylenthunder
    That is exactly the text that made me wonder, unless I'm just not understanding it right.
    PWE staff states the time have to be [i]ahead[/i], means if forexample characters from European timezone went to west coast timezone, they couldn't return. But characters from west coast can return from European timezone. Then why exactly European timezone, why not like Indian timezone or so? It's ahead of all our servertimes.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2015

This has already been answered by PWE staff. hang on and I'll go hunt down what they said.

mintsummer wrote: »

Hello,

I can shed a little light on the decision we made to set the Nation War time as it is now. When the decision was made, we weren’t choosing between EU or US players, we had to use CET because it is ahead of all of the server times. While testing the event, we encountered some major errors if the cross server wasn’t set to CET. When players entered a cross server zone where the time wasn’t set ahead of their server time, they would never be able to return to their original server, or if it was possible, all of their skill cooldowns would be set to 3 hours+. We chose CET time because it prevented players from ever encountering these issues. (There were test characters who were lost forever in this process :cry: )

Your feedback about the current days and time has been really useful to us.  We are currently working on a new time schedule for all events: Territory Wars, Nation War, Battle for Treasure Island. We have also been working with the developers to see if there is any way they can modify the event for us.

Right now, we are open to time schedule suggestions if you have them and thanks again for the feedback. :smile:

And because of that last sentence, I started the thread, "Event Time Suggestions".​​

This entire thing...is just dumb. We don't need cross server NW..or TW tbh. When you are trying to introduce something with SO MANY potential problems that could happen, and having to find ways around it..it just isn't worth doing. There are tons of bugs and the potential of losing accounts entirely....why do it? BECAUSE PWE THAT'S WHY!? There is zero logic here. Cross server events should be closed and the game returned to having the normal NW and TWs. This is just a waste of time and resources.

Edit: The amount of rage from the player base says it all...this was a bad idea from the beginning.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    Just drop the regular NW for this X-NW that you have at 2 pm on a friday? Really?

Last I checked...

East Coast = US

West Coast = US

And EU server (of which, half is also US due to your merge choices)...

Majority of the intended population, so far as I can tell is at work or in school during this time on friday

WTF?
  • sylenthunder
    It's how the server clocks the times, and it's what's actually happening when you enter the instance. That latter is why it's such an issue with the time zones.

See you're not actually entering a instance map like you normally do when you're entering instances. Basically, you're logged off of your server, your user data is copied over to the Cross-server event server, and then you are auto-logged in on the event server.
    Now, here's where time becomes an issue. It tracks time on the number of the hour and doesn't count the day. So if you were to be in one instance at 23:00 and then jump back to your server which is at 05:00, it will completely mess up your account. That's why they have to do a full server shutdown when they do the time zone changes.

Because the PvP switch on the event server is set to 0 instead of 1, you're automatically put in PvP mode as well.
    When you come back to your regular server, the same happens in reverse. Since you were in PvP mode on the event server, you are set the same way here.

All they need to do to fix the PvP issue is to flip that one digit in the server config file on the event server.​​

​​
  • sylenthunder
    This entire thing...is just dumb. We don't need cross server NW..or TW tbh. When you are trying to introduce something with SO MANY potential problems that could happen, and having to find ways around it..it just isn't worth doing. There are tons of bugs and the potential of losing accounts entirely....why do it? BECAUSE PWE THAT'S WHY!? There is zero logic here. Cross server events should be closed and the game returned to having the normal NW and TWs. This is just a waste of time and resources.

Edit: The amount of rage from the player base says it all...this was a bad idea from the beginning.
    Yes, once again we are the subject of poor development and communication, compounded by a lack of proper testing.

Cross-server events is a great idea. The issue wouldn't have been nearly as bad if PW-CN actually had PvE servers to see the drawbacks from how they coded it, and if PWE wasn't trying to support Europe as well as the US. It works swimmingly in China because all the servers are PvP, and all the servers are on the same time zone.​​

​​
  • shopcheese
    (was that a response to me?)
    So it doesn't count days but just time. Means as long it don't go past midnight it can return?
    If my character enter from west coast at 11:15 am and end up in the other server at 20:15, it would be able to return to it's original server without issue 2 hours later, going from 22:20 back to 1:20 pm.

Would it be able to return if I went from again 11:15 but to 21:15, returning at 23:20 and ending up on original server at 1:20?
    While unable to return without issues if it went from again 11:15 to 22:15, since return time would be 00:20 to 1:20 pm.

Or am I totally lost...? xD
  • sylenthunder
    (was that a response to me?)
    So it doesn't count days but just time. Means as long it don't go past midnight it can return?
    If my character enter from west coast at 11:15 am and end up in the other server at 20:15, it would be able to return to it's original server without issue 2 hours later, going from 22:20 back to 1:20 pm.

Would it be able to return if I went from again 11:15 but to 21:15, returning at 23:20 and ending up on original server at 1:20?
    While unable to return without issues if it went from again 11:15 to 22:15, since return time would be 00:20 to 1:20 pm.

Or am I totally lost...? xD

The response was to both your post, and to Zoner. yes, as long as the event time doesn't go past 23:59 CET, it's not an issue. My statement was a simplified version, there's a helluva lot more that goes on with the account handling with the cross-server event, and I haven't had time to delve deeply into it yet. I'm still playing catch-up for the most part myself. I'm not sure how it handles sending you forward in time, and then backwards, but cannot handle flipping over a day. A few minutes with the code and I'd know a lot more.​​

​​
  • shopcheese
    edited November 2015
    Ok that means cross-server NW can max be moved up to 1 hour forward, unless they do some changes how the characters data is being handled. Not gonna happen.

Well I'm not unhappy about the time, I'm European. Just sad a lot of people from my server unable to attend. We had lower number than what we had total in a regular NW.​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    -____- Okay here's a QQ: I had the same mini-crash but not really client crash issue I had during the last tw of HL and it made my fraps stop recording in the middle of it. QQ.​​
  • sylenthunder
    chary wrote: »
    -____- Okay here's a QQ: I had the same mini-crash but not really client crash issue I had during the last tw of HL and it made my fraps stop recording in the middle of it. QQ.

What flavor os Winblows do you have? I had to stop using FRAPS when I started using Win10 because of instability with either the OS or the client. Never figured out which it was, just started using the built-in game recorder that comes in Win10. (That was nearly a year ago now too though.)​​

​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    I'm still using Windows 7. I haven't had the issue at all on DG and only had it that one time on HL.​​
  • sylenthunder
    chary wrote: »
    I'm still using Windows 7. I haven't had the issue at all on DG and only had it that one time on HL.
    Wouldn't surprise me to find that the cause was the client then.​​

​​
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    I had fun, but won't go again if reward is like that.

One thing I noticed. My spirit was varying a lot in battles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems we were logged out of our servers and logged into the cross one. Would explain the empty FL, lack of guilds, no buffs, and disbanded squads. Just like when we log in.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • shopcheese
    edited November 2015
    Yes, we were logged out and logged in.
    Honestly I felt like I were a new character, but with all my gear data etc transferred, due to hotkeys etc all set to default.
    Did anybody try add friends while being on cross server?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User

Yes, we were logged out and logged in.

Honestly I felt like I were a new character, but with all my gear data etc transferred, due to hotkeys etc all set to default.

Did anybody try add friends while being on cross server?

I did and it doesnt work which is weird. Would've been fun to add my friends from other server just to chat meanwhile xD
  • shopcheese
    Aw sad, I hoped it would work.
    Inside of the NW server tried to use tele stone to arch, it wouldn't let me. I also tried using a teleport license to north Archosaur I still have from the event couple months ago, but nothing happened. I hoped I would have ended up in Dawnglory! (Before people and I knew NW server was actually a east coast server)
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    a)token amount should be increased to around 400.000.
    b) either blacklist needs to work or worldchat should be disabled.

overall it was pretty cool, i had lots of fun. not knowing who your opponent is and how strong they are can be challenging and surprising.

i am a bit disappointed of the Twilight-Temple Server, though. even outnumbered, they lost almost every fight to different Dawnglory squads. considering LC claimed to be "elite" in the past and Sanctuary being a 7 year old server, you would have expected more resistance there.

shout-out to Snow, the dusk. he was fun to fight ;)
    cant wait to compete with him in the tower rankings and next nw <3
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Several people on TT actually said they won some of the maps vs. Dawnglory even when Dawnglory outnumbered them so really its a matter who you ended up fighting who. And I dont know why DG peeps are so quick to judge the other servers considering many people were at school or work when DG probably had all the big PvPers present.

If TT or Etherblade (which frankly did just as shet as TT) do horribly next NW well too bad i guess our servers suck. Tho im afraid with the low token reward and forced pk i don't think people want to NW now. Already saw plenty of people say they are not going anymore until they at least fix the rewards.

Also doubt people wanna nw on fridays now lol. No matter how much you stroke your egos about your own individual fights, DG has a clear advantage in terms of numbers, unless the other 3 servers decide to work together to gank DG but doubt thats gonna happen. Like 80% of the time we had half the DG numbers on our maps and sorry cant do much when getting constantly ganked by 7 endgame people at once.

Now bring the shet talk.