PWI Announces New Expansion : War Front ( ARE YOU READY!)

124»

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,796 Community Moderator
    So is the expansion tomorrow?

So its been said.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    heero200 said:

So its been said.​​

This lack of information is pretty pathetic though. I personally been waiting the maint thread for a while as its clearly going to be longer and might thus start earlier.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • heerohex#3018
    saxroll wrote: »

xskysoldier wrote: »

So its been said.

This lack of information is pretty pathetic though. I personally been waiting the maint thread for a while as its clearly going to be longer and might thus start earlier.

Yes I would expect the servers to be off-line earlier and for longer.

They normally don't post this till a bit later. In the usual Updates of this kind they sometimes take the servers off-line at 10pm PST and for around 5 hours. This is me doing a bit of guess work and using past info mind so please keep checking back for the Maint thread.

Thanks.​​
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    I would love to see
    1. A maitnence thread as well
    2. And more importantly the damn patch notes of everything they are fixing/changing​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    aside from the inb4 name font changing again...

Having not played the new content n thus not being able to shut it down, I have one piece of major feedback.

As an MMORPG player, I love the MMO concept, doing something difficult with a lot of people...Preferably something thats available all day long, and however many times u want to do it in a single day. While it stays rewarding to do no matter how many times you do it.

Yet PWI has been releasing stuff that

1. can only be done once per day;
    2. might aswell be done solo, or even CAN only be done solo;
    3. is incredibly easy.

Which is basically exactly what this new tower will do

Now world bosses and dungeons have become super easy, and their drops (molds in dungeons) are completely useless now. I really hoped PWI would bring something else we can do with a group of people. Game is too casual :(
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    r8rr qsm was good, but they basically killed the instance upon arrival with the mat distribution and needing CS items to resell them.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    saxroll said:

heero200 said:

So its been said.​​
    "This lack of information is pretty pathetic though. I personally been waiting the maint thread for a while as its clearly going to be longer and might thus start earlier."

Lack of information is strategic. Kinda like keeping the ****** wrapping on a Christmas gift until that day we all get to open them. Guess you just have to wait and see like the rest of us or continue to speculate and pontificate.
  • keihan007#7641
    jadasia said:

saxroll said:

heero200 said:

So its been said.​​
    "This lack of information is pretty pathetic though. I personally been waiting the maint thread for a while as its clearly going to be longer and might thus start earlier."
    Lack of information is strategic. Kinda like keeping the ****** wrapping on a Christmas gift until that day we all get to open them. Guess you just have to wait and see like the rest of us or continue to speculate and pontificate.

Its one thing to keep details out of say xmas party, its another to not inform when it starts. The lack of maint thread and info related to it really is not something they should or are intentionally keeping from us. Lack of this info is simply not giving a ****.

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    *Heavenfall Temple is now open! This single-player dungeon is located in the skies above the Heavenly Music Pavilion in Lothranis. Level 89+ players can challenge the 108 floors of the temple for power as well as prestige, with both single and cross-server rankings.
    *Nation Wars are now cross-server. Each server will be assigned a different nation (at random), and battles will occur on Friday and Sunday at 20:10 CET.
    *Each server can now elect a commander to lead and coordinate their nation in Nation Wars. Talk to the Nation War Recruiter in Archosaur to learn more!
    *Additional items have been added to Assistant Wang Tsai's Lucky Coin exchange, including Bloodglass Shards, Tier 6 Nuema, and more. He also offers Wraith Orders, used to summon the world bosses Watcher of the Chasm, Deiciter White and Black, and Cenminator.

Dungeons
    *The once-per-day restriction on entering the Endless Universe has been removed. Completing the quest after killing Ghost Wing will award you with an additional Tuc Su Toxin.

Events
    *Nation Wars now requires level 100 and a cultivation level of Aware of the Myriad or Aware of the Void to enter.
    *To account for the times of cross-server Nation Wars, the 2pm Sunday timeslot for Territory Wars has been moved to 1:30pm.
    *Players can now use Lucky Coins to directly reset Phoenix Valley at the R.O.C. NPC.

Items
    *The names of many pieces of Rank, Twilight, and Lunar gear have been adjusted for clarity and consistency. All pieces within a set should share the same naming convention, and no two items of the same quality should have the same name.
    *The names of several Stormbringer and Duskblade Souledge items have been corrected to match the gear they are decomposed from.
    *The Mirage Sky Pill now states the correct amount of Vitae given.
    *Using a Faction Rename Stone no longer removes all of your coins.

Quests
    *Players who have lost the Searope, Seasalt Incense, or Iron Hook for the Nameless Hermit's quest can now purchase them again from their respective NPCs in the Glowing Forest.
    *The Level 100 Bounty Quest to kill Illusion Nemen: Null in the Twilight Temple has been changed, and now requires killing Tyrant Prince Mushi in Flowsilver Palace. This quest can be done on any mode.

Skills
    *The amount of coins required to learn all skills below level 60 has been reduced.
    *The tooltip for the Sage version of Deafening Thunder is no longer cut off.

UI
    *You can now link your Instance Combat Capability ratings in chat. These numbers are derived from your offensive and defensive stats, and max out at 100.

*Corrected an issue in which certain NPCs could not be selected.

===============

Summoning the title bosses is excellent, I stopped doing titles years ago because of that nonsense. EU not being restricted to once a day is great also. Mushi being BH is bad because it locks out non-RB players, but at least you can do it on non-Deicide, non-Judgment mode. Linking Combat Capability ratings is horrible. It's bad enough getting LC players not to ask for weapon links for squads, now they're going to ask for this instead.
  • keihan007#7641
    NW on CET time. Is it just me or do anybody else find it idiotic they are choosing 1 server over 3? Being European myself I`ll be fine but seriously, Muricans at work during Friday NW.

• capnk
    11 am server time for west coast servers, 2 pm for east coast servers.

I for one welcome our new EU overlords.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Itsy bitsy confused, is "normal" nw being replaced by cross server nw now?​​
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    am i just too sleepy or does the sunday TW start 40 minutes before NW?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    New times are trash
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • marianafix
    marianafix Posts: 23 Arc User
    does anyone knows were to enter on new dungeon Heavenfall?
  • jojje
    jojje Posts: 6 Arc User
    Anyone know if the mounts come from packs or what? im only interested in the new mounts.
  • capnk
    capnk said:

Interesting, and it's certainly possible that the amount will get increased. I'm assuming PWE is going to be less competent than China though and here's what will most likely actually happen:

They will pick one of their unused servers to run NW on, probably an east coast one due to central location between west coast and eu. They will forget to change the token amount because none of them actually know how the game works, and we'll be splitting the amount that a dead server (say Harshlands) used to get between four servers.

Remember they didn't change the token amounts when the merges happened. So we'll end up with 8 servers worth of people fighting over 1 server's token amount.

There will be massive QQing on the forums, eventually the next community manager will notice it and someone will send a request to China to change the total. China will sit on it and we'll maybe get the change in a year, by which point everyone will have adjusted to the new economy and the change will **** everything up again.

Perhaps I'm overly pessimistic, but I'm taking into account PWE's past track record here.

By the way, CALLED IT.
  • heerohex#3018
    capnk wrote: »
    Interesting, and it's certainly possible that the amount will get increased. I'm assuming PWE is going to be less competent than China though and here's what will most likely actually happen:

They will pick one of their unused servers to run NW on, probably an east coast one due to central location between west coast and eu. They will forget to change the token amount because none of them actually know how the game works, and we'll be splitting the amount that a dead server (say Harshlands) used to get between four servers.

Remember they didn't change the token amounts when the merges happened. So we'll end up with 8 servers worth of people fighting over 1 server's token amount.

There will be massive QQing on the forums, eventually the next community manager will notice it and someone will send a request to China to change the total. China will sit on it and we'll maybe get the change in a year, by which point everyone will have adjusted to the new economy and the change will **** everything up again.

Perhaps I'm overly pessimistic, but I'm taking into account PWE's past track record here.

By the way, CALLED IT.

LOL!​​