Everyone is on the naughty list

So the new event the Santa checklist they have coming out...is pretty much guaranteed to put us all on the naughty list. Have fun CSing like mad to get small rewards from PWI. Anyone know how we really get that corgi pet and what the chance is if it comes from a pack? http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9646313-santa’s-gifts-event

and as always, Merry go **** yourself from PWE!
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    I have several question about this event:

1) Do we need only 1 Soulgem Pack for both robe an ring?
    2) Is magic ring refinable for magic defense? (and might ring for physical)
    3) I guess packs will appear after maintenance. What's the chance to get pets from there? I didn't find them in database.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Considering the rates on Lord Pugly and that platypus all-class pet, I'd surmise it's a very small chance and PWI should reconsider it.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    no not really they are giving away a ring comparable to NW cast G16 rings, and what would be the 3rd strongest cape in the game, 4th if you count gm cape.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I dont know about u guys, but imma finish all 108 lvls of the instance that isnt out yet, and is apparently a daily, in a week´s time.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I dont know about u guys, but imma finish all 108 lvls of the instance that isnt out yet, and is apparently a daily, in a week´s time.

It won't be that easy as your making it out to be. From what I've heard, this is an instance made to challenge everyone of any gear level, even +12 jaded. Its an instance that not only requires gear at higher levels, but actually requires you to think (no way!). That means it will separate the idiots that faceroll their keyboard all day and the people that can actually think and do stuff on their own. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Although this is just rumor, I really do hope it is true, its about time to separate the wannabes from the legits.

Community challenge:
    How fast can you complete the tower?​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • chary
    Is this like how they were supposedly turning everything into a skillshot.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Clearly no one here gets my point tough..cept @chary PWE expects us to get an item to fully qualify for this...an item that I am sure is either a very rare pack item or something you have to buy from the Auction house which will for sure be won by the richest on the server. Ho ho ho Merry Christmas from PWE, pay us more money for gifts. xD
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User
    To be fair you can do the 32 day login and all 108 levels of Heavenfall and get both rewards. As much as anything involving packs sucks because of the low odds, it's nice they have things for both sides of the players. Maybe someone opens a pack and gets the Corgi pet but doesn't have time to do all 108 levels. It's just a nice thought. It's 100% free to do all of Heavenfall and log in for 32 days, so it should be quite easy to get the rewards :smiley:

I personally don't see a problem with them offering so many ways to get AMAZING gear. Like literally the ring to me personally is such a great alternative to Star because I don't play enough to save for it, and I know I'll try my best to get it.
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited November 2015

So the new event the Santa checklist they have coming out...is pretty much guaranteed to put us all on the naughty list. Have fun CSing like mad to get small rewards from PWI. Anyone know how we really get that corgi pet and what the chance is if it comes from a pack? http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9646313-santa’s-gifts-event

Must really suck. QQ because PWI is a for profit company and you are their favorite charity case. Guess you can still farm your matchless wings from....oh wait...
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User

To be fair you can do the 32 day login and all 108 levels of Heavenfall and get both rewards. As much as anything involving packs sucks because of the low odds, it's nice they have things for both sides of the players. Maybe someone opens a pack and gets the Corgi pet but doesn't have time to do all 108 levels. It's just a nice thought. It's 100% free to do all of Heavenfall and log in for 32 days, so it should be quite easy to get the rewards :smiley:

I personally don't see a problem with them offering so many ways to get AMAZING gear. Like literally the ring to me personally is such a great alternative to Star because I don't play enough to save for it, and I know I'll try my best to get it.

you need all 3.
    login + tower or cash item + either ring-pet or cloak-pet.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    i dont see a problem in this lol.
    I dont need either of these items but when you have a alt... sure why not?

And ofc the events from pwi will have a twist and the pack pet is no exception. i apprechiate the login event and im excited what the mystery item will be. hope its something useful for once i mean its a 32day reward and they make a big deal out of it.. who am i kidding its probably a goofy item noone needs or just one of a kind (like nebula dusk orb or whatever).

cheers mouse-2.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    aphrodita said:

you need all 3.
    Thank you for actually getting the point. You need ALL THREE of these checklists to compete for the big prizes. That was the big joke because as usual they have to throw something in there that many people won't be able to get to participate. Considering this is supposed to be a holiday event and the time of giving...PWE is very good at slapping that in the face. To @jadasia the notion of CSing doesn't bother me at all....I will be putting money in just for this. I am not concerned for myself, I am speaking for those that won't or can't. Seems that PWE has stopped caring about their mainstream players and always tries to push cash shopping, which hurts their main player base. I remember when events for times like this were simple and were all inclusive. They have strayed far from that and that is the point I was making.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    At least they are stashable so I can to the instance on my cleric and pass the cape off to my wiz.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    I was trying to figure out if this will motivate me to log in. I think the answer is no. :c

I think some less exclusive events might have, but not this.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • chary

aphrodita said:

you need all 3.
    Thank you for actually getting the point. You need ALL THREE of these checklists to compete for the big prizes. That was the big joke because as usual they have to throw something in there that many people won't be able to get to participate. Considering this is supposed to be a holiday event and the time of giving...PWE is very good at slapping that in the face. To @jadasia the notion of CSing doesn't bother me at all....I will be putting money in just for this. I am not concerned for myself, I am speaking for those that won't or can't. Seems that PWE has stopped caring about their mainstream players and always tries to push cash shopping, which hurts their main player base. I remember when events for times like this were simple and were all inclusive. They have strayed far from that and that is the point I was making.
    You know, I wouldn't have issue with the whole "get an item out of packs" if said items didn't generally have hellacious droprates (which all-class pets usually have abysmal droprates). If it was like "put a best luck token in your inventory" or something like that, sure okay. I'm cool with that.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    jadasia said:

Must really suck. QQ because PWI is a for profit company and you are not their favorite charity case. Guess you can still farm your matchless wings from....oh wait...
  • chary
    I already have a +12 jaded WoA. Nice try, but you failed.

God forbid everyone have a good chance of getting something nice instead of a few people that probably don't need it anyway (and lets not kid ourselves, if the rates on those all-class pets are like the others, I see maybe 10-20 being opened per server total). God forbid PWI gives out some nice equips that'll help more people gear up so we can have more competition.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Is the first day of the log in event already over?

Anyone found the chance for the pet or the scrolls from a pack? I checked the pwdatabase, they are not listed there yet. Could they mean by auction house, that these pets will be on auction and players can bid on them? Or will they be fixed boutique items for this event? let's say 5~150 gold for the pet?​​
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    jabq said:

Is the first day of the log in event already over?

Anyone found the chance for the pet or the scrolls from a pack? I checked the pwdatabase, they are not listed there yet. Could they mean by auction house, that these pets will be on auction and players can bid on them? Or will they be fixed boutique items for this event? let's say 5~150 gold for the pet?​​

no FRIDAY day after maint and expansion

Post edited by jamminjimmy on
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User

aphrodita said:

you need all 3.
    Ah I see the issue.... Yeah that sucks pretty bad... **** xD

Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    I'm surprised no one is bitching about what this is going to do o the economy. Obtain "pet from a Scroll of Canine Companionship, the auction house, or a friend." Can you imagine what these are going to sell for?????? talk about the rich getting richer.........
  • shade13
    justdax wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one is bitching about what this is going to do o the economy. Obtain "pet from a Scroll of Canine Companionship, the auction house, or a friend." Can you imagine what these are going to sell for?????? talk about the rich getting richer.........

Robe is good but not endgame. Ring is kinda endgame but not unique. I don't think they will sell pets for more than nw rings would cost.

I still wonder how rings refine. Anybody knows? pig-17.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have have a +11 Jaded WoA, +10 Star Destiny, and a +10 Manifestation ring (the spirit one) nice try PWI you still suck at free stuff but question do yall think you can earn rings on multi chars I want the mag ring for my SB class but my main is a phy class
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Did @thenamesdomino make it on the naughty list too and is our CM abandoning us in record breaking time?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• aphrodita
    dblazen1 said:

Did @thenamesdomino make it on the naughty list too and is our CM abandoning us in record breaking time?​​

do you expect a community manager to be there with a Q/A for his users, when a major update kicks in?
  • shade13
    edited November 2015
    blazerboy wrote: »
    I have have a +11 Jaded WoA, +10 Star Destiny, and a +10 Manifestation ring (the spirit one) nice try PWI you still suck at free stuff but question do yall think you can earn rings on multi chars I want the mag ring for my SB class but my main is a phy class

You sound like everyone has +11 Jaded WoA and +10 Star Destiny and not less. If you don't need it, doesn't mean no one needs. There are a lot of who can't afford WoA or PvE players who don't max out their chars. I have what you enumerated even better refined, but still think it's a really good give away (need to know pets price tho, it may turn out it's not that cheap as it seems pig-47.gif)
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    aphrodita wrote: »
    Did @thenamesdomino make it on the naughty list too and is our CM abandoning us in record breaking time?

do you expect a community manager to be there with a Q/A for his users, when a major update kicks in?

No, I expect him to be around every now and then whenever, but he isn't.
    That wasn't the point of my post though, this thread is not the place to discuss him​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• aphrodita
    edited November 2015
    shade13 said:

blazerboy wrote: »

You sound like everyone has +11 Jaded WoA and +10 Star Destiny and not less. If you don't need it, doesn't mean no one needs. There are a lot of who can't afford WoA or PvE players who don't max out their chars. I have what you enumerated even better refined, but still think it's a really good give away (need to know pets price tho, it may turn out it's not that cheap as it seems pig-47.gif)
    ​​
    -------------------------------------------------------
    this is a pretty nice ring for an account full of non-r9 mage chars
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    aphrodita said:

(need to know pets price tho, it may turn out it's not that cheap as it seems pig-47.gif)​​

-------------------------------------------------------

200m+ each pet more than likely, watch the packs be 80silver-1gold each
    the big question is how often does the server check for the pet for the checklist, can a friend trade it to me for 5 minutes, do i have to have it on me during reset, do all 3 tasks have to be completed at once or not
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

aphrodita wrote: »

Did @thenamesdomino make it on the naughty list too and is our CM abandoning us in record breaking time?

No, I expect him to be around every now and then whenever, but he isn't.

That wasn't the point of my post though, this thread is not the place to discuss him​​

@thenamesdomino - Last Active November 5

I haven't been around much myself, took a hiatus, but it seems this Community's 'new CM' that was chumming it up with the rest of the player base on Etherblade has abandoned you.

When will this community realize, PWE has no interest in feeding into their community? They don't want to dedicate the resources (meaning a cubicle, salary, equipment, staff) because no matter what, people will still play, and still charge money that will fund PWE's other, more popular games.

Just give up already, guys.

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present