Faction Icons After merge

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Augh bump bump. Not fair to the factions of servers who merged into another. Many already lost their names. You want them to lose their image too?
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    Bump... still waiting for some communication on this issue.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I know he's busy, but he could at least say he's looking into it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Still waiting on my faction icon since the merge .... I've even followed everything in this thread and resubmitted a month ago and i've seen zero progress.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

• jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    I submited ticket was told ths weeks ago .

Thanks for sending these images to us! Your faction logo has been manually submitted into the next queue of icons. This is currently a lengthy process and may take a few weeks before the logo becomes available on the servers.

sent second ticket after 4 weeks got this:

It usually takes about one or two maintenance sessions for a logo to appear on the servers. However, if there was no maintenance for the week or a major patch update, it would cause some delays with the process. If it has been too long since your last submission, you may submit the logo again in the next queue of icons. Faction logos are submitted in the mass on a weekly basis.

5941165jeLeR.png
  • sylenthunder
    Yes, the fastest you'll ever see it is about two weeks. Typically it will take closer to 1-2 months though.​​

​​
  • eirghan
    So just curious.... Pwi is accepting icons via ticket now it seems.... Thank god. But any news regarding their accepted format/transparencies?
  • chchchchia
    eirghan wrote: »
    So just curious.... Pwi is accepting icons via ticket now it seems.... Thank god. But any news regarding their accepted format/transparencies?

I think that's what we are waiting for word on, here. Those without transparent icons can make them 24 bit and submit them via ticket, but for the rest of us we are just stuck. They told me in my ticket that they could no longer use those icons but I refuse to believe that - it was possible in the past, so it should be possible now. And if it isn't possible they should work to fix their mistake and get our lost icons back.

I'm losing hope, but still waiting for at least some acknowledgement of the issue. The lack of communication on problems like this has always been what disappoints me the most.​​
    ih8868.jpg
  • eirghan
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz​​
  • tek1nig
    Everytime I log into the game after a maintenance its the biggest letdown. The feeling of abandonment grows with each week. I submitted a ticket and was told "because you've submitted its going to take way longer now" ... I've been waiting for more than 2 months now why can't my faction's icon be implemented already?
    egg-4.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• eirghan
    I see another faction on tt got their icon implemented this last tuesday. Which makes me wonder... first, why is one faction at a time getting icons and no one else when it used to be done once every few months in a batch? And second, how much are they bribing navi to get it to happen?

Side note, the new icon i saw is on a black background and looks like ****. I'm sure people are not happy considering the lack of communication from pw on this and the fact that it (icons going missing) should never have happened in the first place.
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It's very idiotic that they can't get our icons back. Apparently this has happened before. Yet..they brought the icons back.
    So now after merge they say they can no longer do it? Are they lazy? Or that careless? At least let us use transparent backgrounds again...because this really isn't fair to all of us who've had our icons for years.

• cheats69
    cheats69 Posts: 86 Arc User
    The black backgrounds are nicer than the white ones. I have yet to see any new icon be implemented with the transparent background which is really a letdown.
    I have to admit my icon with the black background looks terrible, so we will probably change it to something else.

On a side note... my icon was submitted and we have it in game, yet a friend's guild who submitted 3 weeks prior to my ticket still has yet to show up.
    I have no idea how they are submitting these to the game, but it really should be first submitted first applied and yet it isn't.​​
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    cheats69 said:

The black backgrounds are nicer than the white ones. I have yet to see any new icon be implemented with the transparent background which is really a letdown.

I have to admit my icon with the black background looks terrible, so we will probably change it to something else.

On a side note... my icon was submitted and we have it in game, yet a friend's guild who submitted 3 weeks prior to my ticket still has yet to show up.

I have no idea how they are submitting these to the game, but it really should be first submitted first applied and yet it isn't.​​

Knights resubmitted their icon slightly before Insurrect (Twilight Temple Server), yet they now have theirs and we still do not have ours.

I'm getting more and more disappointed each passing week.

alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • chchchchia
    Really? Still no communication on this issue?

I'm beyond disappointed.​​
    ih8868.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    chchchchia wrote: »
    Really? Still no communication on this issue?

I'm beyond disappointed.

Yeah, kinda figured our new CM would have stepped in and said something. I've sent a few messages out.
    At this point I can only assume that it's PWE's sworn duty to ignore their customers as much as humanly possible.​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Some factions on Etherblade have a logo again they resubmitted them.​​
  • sylenthunder
    heero200 wrote: »
    Some factions on Etherblade have a logo again they resubmitted them.

Transparent or no?​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    edited November 2015
    Some factions on Etherblade have a logo again they resubmitted them.

Transparent or no?

Cant say I was looking for that. My faction logo is not however its got a white background so im guessing it was meant to have but not sure. If I find out ill let you know.

Edit: yes was meant to have the layer on it not the white background. LOL! A ticket has been submitted regarding this will let you know if I can find out anything else.​​
  • daerontasardur
    daerontasardur Posts: 30 Arc User
    Hello everyone,can you please tell me how i can get my guild to lvl3?

Find Out Where The Limits Are
    ...And Start From There!!!
  • chchchchia

Not the right thread for this question... but I think you just use coin to upgrade at the faction manager NPC.

Cant say I was looking for that. My faction logo is not however its got a white background so im guessing it was meant to have but not sure. If I find out ill let you know.

Edit: yes was meant to have the layer on it not the white background. LOL! A ticket has been submitted regarding this will let you know if I can find out anything else.

Yeah, that's basically the issue we are wanting addressed. Nobody who submits via ticket is able to get their original icon back if they had transparency. Many tickets have been sent regarding it with no answers on if/when it can be fixed. But it's highly unfair that only certain servers get to keep their original transparent icons and others are told that they cannot be used (especially since they are the ones that generally already got shafted in the names department).

And also... if it is the exact same file that was usable in the past, I want an answer on why it isn't usable now. If they aren't going to bother to fix what they broke they could at least make an effort to figure out how it was done in the past so that we can get them back via resubmitting. It obviously is possible or we wouldn't have ever had them.​​
    ih8868.jpg
  • heerohex#3018

Not the right thread for this question... but I think you just use coin to upgrade at the faction manager NPC.

Edit: yes was meant to have the layer on it not the white background. LOL! A ticket has been submitted regarding this will let you know if I can find out anything else.

Yeah, that's basically the issue we are wanting addressed. Nobody who submits via ticket is able to get their original icon back if they had transparency. Many tickets have been sent regarding it with no answers on if/when it can be fixed. But it's highly unfair that only certain servers get to keep their original transparent icons and others are told that they cannot be used (especially since they are the ones that generally already got shafted in the names department).

And also... if it is the exact same file that was usable in the past, I want an answer on why it isn't usable now. If they aren't going to bother to fix what they broke they could at least make an effort to figure out how it was done in the past so that we can get them back via resubmitting. It obviously is possible or we wouldn't have ever had them.

Ah... Lets give Domino a bit longer. I get the feeling he is tied up doing the next update we will be getting soon.

After that cant really see an excuse for not at least finding out some simple answers.​​
  • breitlaph
    breitlaph Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2015
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    heero200 said:

And also... if it is the exact same file that was usable in the past, I want an answer on why it isn't usable now. If they aren't going to bother to fix what they broke they could at least make an effort to figure out how it was done in the past so that we can get them back via resubmitting. It obviously is possible or we wouldn't have ever had them.

Ah... Lets give Domino a bit longer. I get the feeling he is tied up doing the next update we will be getting soon.

After that cant really see an excuse for not at least finding out some simple answers.​​

I will say this...I am a patient guy, but the delay in faction icons being uploaded is beginning to break down my patience level. There are a lot of factions on Tideswell that have been waiting for their icons, even submitting non transparent ones just so we might have them, and yet, after submitting a ticket then being told to submit another after waiting two months...doesn't bode well.

The faction icon may seem like a minescule thing, but like PWI's claim to fame with character customization, the icon is just as important for a faction's identity and I am getting really tired of having to answer, "I have no idea," once asked when we will be getting our faction icon. I have spoken to a few faction leaders in the same boat, and all are tired of the wait and run around.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    And the community manager has already fell into the ways of every other community manager.
    Seriously, who is surprised here?
    NGTUy53.png

• chchchchia

The faction icon may seem like a minescule thing, but like PWI's claim to fame with character customization, the icon is just as important for a faction's identity and I am getting really tired of having to answer, "I have no idea," once asked when we will be getting our faction icon. I have spoken to a few faction leaders in the same boat, and all are tired of the wait and run around.

Agreed. They probably think it is no big deal, but it is quite a big deal to a lot of us. And they are making it so much worse by refusing to communicate with us on this issue. I was hopeful when we got a new CM, but I'm seriously disappointed that he can't even be bothered to toss us a "we're looking into it" after we've been waiting for months for word on this.​​
    ih8868.jpg
  • sylenthunder

Agreed. They probably think it is no big deal, but it is quite a big deal to a lot of us. And they are making it so much worse by refusing to communicate with us on this issue. I was hopeful when we got a new CM, but I'm seriously disappointed that he can't even be bothered to toss us a "we're looking into it" after we've been waiting for months for word on this.

Especially with the number of times I've poked him on it.​​

​​
  • tek1nig
    Has anyone had their faction's icon returned after this new expansion introduction? Seems they didn't do anything related to icons this time.​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• hogwarts123
    hogwarts123 Posts: 66 Arc User
    tek1nig said:

Has anyone had their faction's icon returned after this new expansion introduction? Seems they didn't do anything related to icons this time.​​

SYNTHEROOOS!!!! - First of all, Your videos are awesome and I would switch to your server but all my friends are in TW :(
    Keeping making vids though, BANKAI rules! :D

Now back to the topic, the issue seems to be addressed more in our server(Tideswell) after the cross server update but some factions still haven't recieved their icons. My leader has said she sent it in three times and still hasn't gotten reply as to the date it will happen. It seems like they are waiting until the cross server territory war update to upload more icons. The problem might also be because of sizing of the jpeg but that shouldn't be much of a problem. Thats all the info I have from my side. GL to all! :o

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Seems this issue will be swept under the carpet. People are giving up hope and submitting new icons.

One less thing for the staff to do. :/
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?