Halloween Screenshot Overflow

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
This discussion was created from comments split from: Happy Halloween Everyone! Do you believe in ghosts?.

Making this thread so we can keep the contest thread for entries only. Ask all questions and leave comments here! To reiterate,

1. You may have more than one entry but please try to keep all entries in the same post
2. 11x17 is so that we can see all the gruesome detail, no small screenshots please
3. I can be bribed
4. BathroomToast is the most amazing food product known to creation. It has nothing to do with Racing to do Bathroom Business before your toast is ready. That's just silly.

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Taking something as simple as a picture never displays the full terrors of the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeArOLcwvRo
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Nightmare mount? Do you by any chance mean Midnight?
    and this is Nightfall, in case anybody ish curious...

Time to go search for the scary places tiger-11.gif

PS, talking with others about this event, we have different view on this event: Should the picture be from PWI (ingame) or real life image?​​
  • ladymegita2
    ladymegita2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    What does it mean 11x17 as in "Photographs must be 11x17" rule??
  • dingo488
    edited October 2015
    Instructions unclear, **** stuck in toaster
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I *think* since it asks us to list the server and location we are talking about in game screenies.​​
  • thenamesdomino
    To clarify a little, The photos need to be from in game. We are however, encouraging creativity so get your image editing software at the ready.

and 11x17 is the typical dimension for your standard Landscape image. IE: We don't want your screenshots to be so small we cant see the ghastly detail

:) I really can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
  • ladymegita2
    ladymegita2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    another question - can one person enter with more than one entry?
  • thenamesdomino

another question - can one person enter with more than one entry?

Yes

• dingo488
    last question, can we discuss bribes in private?
  • thenamesdomino
    I accept all forms of Cheesecake, Creme Brulee and BathroomToast
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I accept all forms of Cheesecake, Creme Brulee and BathroomToast
    So, I just HAD to look that up.....
    Either I get a video game, or this...
    It's a new fad. The basic idea is that people race against a toaster to complete various bathroom activities. For example, can you brush your teeth before the toast pops? Can you do your hair? Can you take a full bath?

It is easily turned into a gambling game, using the **** on the toaster (1 for a very fast round, 10 for a very long round that blackens the toast; more cred for beating the toaster set at lower levels) and the expected performance of the "athlete" to determine the odds.

This new trend is dangerous for several reasons, not the least of which is that it promotes illegal gambling among kids. Participants as young as 11 have been captured on hidden camera as part of a Dateline NBC special. The game can pose health hazards as well. For example, just last year a group of toast players nearly perished when the toast popped up right out of the toaster and landed on the awkwardly-placed "Controlled Implosion of Structure" button in the middle of the bathroom floor. Thankfully, the teens involved sustained only minor injuries
    samurai-9.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I wish I was creative enough for this. Sounds like fun! Good luck to those who enter. I'm looking forward to the entries (especially after the great fashion contest photos). I love the enthusiasm you're showing Domino. You get a :cookie:
    102/101/102 cleric
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Oops, Kitty misread and accidentally posted entry here. Delete this post plox.​​
    Post edited by kittyempressa on
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • captinsai
    captinsai Posts: 4 Arc User
    When a g15 1 shot r9rr that is a scary photo :3
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    So, are all the contests from now on going to be photo editing contests?
    That kind of sucks.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • x3lovelylady3x
    x3lovelylady3x Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    happy halloween everyone

• xutreyux
    xutreyux Posts: 1 Arc User
    I almost done want to do it cause its the same people that win.
  • pyrosandstorm#1009
    pyrosandstorm#1009 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I enjoying editing pictures a lot, though my entry is my first attempt using screenshots from a game, rather than photographs. I can't wait to see more of what others are entering.
    ★ ┌ Syveal { Duskblade → Tideswell } ┘
    Starlight { http://starlight-tideswell.shivtr.com }
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Just an idea for folks, might want to use images from the faction base trials if you have saved them or ask friends to send them to you, those pictures can make excellent back drops, or the mobs/bosses there.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    To clarify a little, The photos need to be from in game. We are however, encouraging creativity so get your image editing software at the ready.

and 11x17 is the typical dimension for your standard Landscape image. IE: We don't want your screenshots to be so small we cant see the ghastly detail

Why don't you just say "don't use images that were meant for ants"tiger-18.gif
    Or anything as in minimal resolution of 640x480 or whatever, 11x17 is a photograph format, i've never seen someone refer to that way of saying a minimum requirement for a resolution of a screenshot to be honest tiger-20.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    dblazen1 wrote: »

Or anything as in minimal resolution of 640x480 or whatever, 11x17 is a photograph format, i've never seen someone refer to that way of saying a minimum requirement for a resolution of a screenshot to be honest tiger-20.gif
    Yeah, I wondered about that. I imagine they want to use it for some advertising or pinups in the office.

At 300DPI, that would be 3300x5100. (standard resolution)
    At 600DPI, that would be 6600x10200 (Ultra)
    At 150DPI, it's 1650x2550

Also, that's not widescreen, but vertical. Which is additionally odd.​​

​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    dblazen1 wrote: »

Or anything as in minimal resolution of 640x480 or whatever, 11x17 is a photograph format, i've never seen someone refer to that way of saying a minimum requirement for a resolution of a screenshot to be honest tiger-20.gif
    Yeah, I wondered about that. I imagine they want to use it for some advertising or pinups in the office.

At 300DPI, that would be 3300x5100. (standard resolution)
    At 600DPI, that would be 6600x10200 (Ultra)
    At 150DPI, it's 1650x2550

Also, that's not widescreen, but vertical. Which is additionally odd.
    I see, I understand what they are on to, quick, everyone open that screenshot menu in PWI and set zoom to the highest possible setting!
    Just... wait a while until it's done saving the screenshot, though, lol.
    Depending on your connection you also might want to wait a bit before it's uploaded after that.
    As I remember, that settings makes gigantic screenshots.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• koui
    koui Posts: 6 Arc User
    I want to enter the contest QQ But it says I can't post links.. "Must be here a little longer" But I've had my account for a while : < now I dunno what to do...
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    @koui Post the link in the thread with spaces and Sylen will probably fix it up for you. He has for a lot of people lol
    102/101/102 cleric
  • thenamesdomino
    cococya said:

So, are all the contests from now on going to be photo editing contests?

That kind of sucks.
    ​​

Never fear, these were two previously laid out plans... Just you wait till I get going. All sorts of things are coming down the pipe.

• sylenthunder
    koui wrote: »
    I want to enter the contest QQ But it says I can't post links.. "Must be here a little longer" But I've had my account for a while : < now I dunno what to do...
    @koui Post the link in the thread with spaces and Sylen will probably fix it up for you. He has for a lot of people lol
    ^^ This.

Plus I've "verified" your account now so you shouldn't have trouble.​​

​​
  • koui
    koui Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    > @sylenthunder said:
    > cynderangel wrote: »
    >
    > koui wrote: »
    >
    > I want to enter the contest QQ But it says I can't post links.. "Must be here a little longer" But I've had my account for a while : < now I dunno what to do...
    >
    >
    >
    > koui Post the link in the thread with spaces and Sylen will probably fix it up for you. He has for a lot of people lol
    >
    >
    >
    > ^^ This.
    >
    > Plus I've "verified" your account now so you shouldn't have trouble.​​

Thanks so much! I had already posted it, went back to edit, but it still wont let me post a link x_x;;
  • sylenthunder
    koui wrote: »
    Thanks so much! I had already posted it, went back to edit, but it still wont let me post a link x_x;;

Looks like it's still limiting your account. It may do that for a bit. Vanilla is a bit silly. I'll fix your post up if I can, or quote it if I cannot.​​

​​
  • kennyk9
    kennyk9 Posts: 1 New User
    I have an entry for the contest but the thread wont let me post links :'I how long is the probation period, will i be able to post in time??
  • sylenthunder
    edited October 2015
    kennyk9 wrote: »
    I have an entry for the contest but the thread wont let me post links :'I how long is the probation period, will i be able to post in time??

I verified your account, but it might be a bit before you can post links. If you put the url to the image in your post, I'll work on fixing it up for you. I've done something similar for a few people already. samurai-25.gif
    If it doesn't let you post hyperlinks at all, put the url in with a couple of well placed spaces. "http: //www. photobucket .com/image..." for example.​​

​​