The Tower of Power

I've spent the better half of this month reading the class discussions PVE/PVP and seeing a trend about how people feel their classes have been nerf'd or are no longer fun to play because they get 1-shot in and PVP scenario.

Assuming you have an endgame character and understand and/or have played much or all of the types of classes, list the classes in order of most OP to least OP. Which classes have taken a dive because of being nerf'd? Feel free to include sage/demon as well if you like. I'd really like to see what lists people have and their reasons.
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    dingo488 said:

initiates a slow clap
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is not my list cause I dont care which class is OP and which is not so OP. I dont chose the class I play based on that. But I kinda know or feel what majority will answer:

OP classes:
    Assassin
    Stormbringer
    Duskblade
    Psychic
    note: Assassin will always be put on top by majority of the players. The other 3 not necessary in the order I put them but they will be considered OP classes.

Medium:
    Cleric
    Seeker
    Mystic
    Barb
    note: again this is not the order people will put this 4 classes but they are not considered OP classes but not weak classes either.

Nerfed classes:
    Wizard
    Archer.
    note: archer will always be on bottom
    At the end of the day people will always put Assassin on top as the most OP classes that should be nerfed ASAP and archer as the weakest class that should get some improvements ASAP.
    giphy.gif

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Generally, OP 1v1 classes: duskblade, sin, barb, cleric, blademaster, stormbringer (not necessarily in that order)

Mass pvp/tw though, I'd argue every class has their role. Granted, the two most important classes in tw are venos+bms.
  • lagunal8
    lagunal8 Posts: 48 Arc User
    full endgame reaaaaallly depends on the individual assuming their high refine and diamond of whatever series of make shards... The 'list' will just end up being an individual preferance if thats what your looking for tho.
    but i can say that as a cute buffy seeker, i find psychics annoying. Both offensively and defensively
    tiger-21.gif​​
    A.K.A DECEPTISTAR I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... [img]http://asterpw.github.io/pwicons/emotes/tiger-40.gif[/img]
    lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    In Kitty's hateful opinion based on her experience from playing all of them on various builds(as full T3+6), she can't really find a class that's seriously underpowered compared to others. Kitty thinks there's 4 major areas of play: Mass-PVP, single-target PVP, single-target PVE and AoE-PVE and there's no class that would excel at all of them. Go on saying "PVE doesn't matter". That's where skill and class specialties matter more than in PVP, Kitty thinks.

How Kitty feels about them?

Blademaster: Good all-arounder, not best at any of those areas.
    Wizard: Excels in mass-PVP and AoE-PVE, decent in other areas
    Archer: Excels in single-target PVE and AoE-PVE, decent in PVP
    Cleric: Good at PVP in general, decent single-target PVE, bad AoE-PVE
    Barbarian: Excels in most areas with various builds, but none of them excels at more than 2 at once 'cause certain weaknesses.
    Venomancer: Excels in Single-target PVP and PVE, good at mass-PVP, bad at AoE-PVE.
    Assassin: Excels in single-target, decent in AoE-PVE, quite bad in mass-PVP.
    Psychic: Would otherwise excel in all areas, but too squishy when doing so.
    Mystic: Excels in single-target PVE, good in other areas.
    Seeker: Excels in Mass-PVP and AoE-PVE, decent in single-target stuff.
    Stormbringer: Excels in PVP, good at AoE-PVE, decent in single-target PVE. Squishy.
    Duskblade: Excels in single-target stuff, good in AoE-PVE, hardly decent in Mass-PVP.

Note: that's just Kitty's opinion and she has no real experience how they're for r9rr+12s, except for having seen some fights.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User

Duskblade
    Stormbringer
    Wizard
    Psychic
    Mystic
    Venomancer
    Cleric
    Assassin
    Seeker
    Barbarian
    Blademaster
    Archer

My completely biased opinion from a seeker
    ​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Alphabetical order, just general comments.

Archer: They complain a lot about their class being nerfed, but they're still godlike in mass pvp. Long-range purge is the most broken thing in the game. Combined with their class immune skill, kiting ability, and spark generation, they can survive long enough until purge triggers and then they win. The rest of their skillset is **** but you don't need a skillset when you have purge. Entire class needs a remake from the ground up to modernize their skills and get rid of purge weapons.

Assassin: Most complained about class. Perhaps rightly so, as their primal skills are way overtuned. Or at least tuned for China's average gear level and not Murica's. They're still super squishy and if you manage to land status on them they lose.

Barbarian: In PVE they've been nerfed to death, as nearly every other class can tank as well if not better than them. Wanmei had to add bosses that specifically required barbs so people would still bother with them. PVP they're still important as catapult pullers and flag runners, and strength barbs are dangerous opponents.

Blademaster: They've been a bit up and down over the years. In pve they've become "nice to have, but I don't really need one." One of the best 1v1 classes in pvp. I have mixed feelings on their effectiveness in mass pvp.

Cleric: Very versatile class, highest dps of all classes in pve with primal cyclone. Not so great with burst damage in pvp, but they can annoy you a very long time with sleep and seal of god.

Duskblade: Huge damage and amazing stunlock abilities. They do what sins do better, except they don't have the safety nets that sins do to survive (tidal, death survival, etc.). Basically if you see them first you can wreck them, and if they see you first good luck.

Mystic: Huge dps, super tanky, better single target healing than clerics. They're pretty broken overall. They do have trouble with burst damage against tanky opponents, and all their damage being wood element means Nullify Poison on a genie shuts them down.

Psychic: Overall this class is not very good. They can do a lot of damage in Black Voodoo... at the cost of dying to a sneeze. They can be very tanky in White Voodoo... at the cost of not being able to hurt anyone. And with no voodoo they're basically worse wizards? Their primary contribution to existence is giving Soul of Silence to more important classes.

Seeker: Ah, the Earthguard class everyone rolled and +12d because they thought they were broken, when they should have rolled Mystic instead. Seekers are decently tanky and can hit hard if you stand there ignoring them and let them set up their long combo on you. Very mediocre class.

Stormbringer: Ah the Nightshade class everyone rolled and +12d because they thought they were broken, when they should have rolled Duskblade instead. They do have high dps. Vortex is a great skill for mass pvp.

Venomancer: Venos have been up and down, from the most broken class at the beginning of the game to one of the worst. As they stand now they're pretty decent. Purge is amazing in mass pvp and good 1v1. They're supposed to be the tanky caster class but are probably one of the squishier ones?

Wizard: I'm trying to think of a time when Wizard wasn't the worst class in the game and I can't think of one. With the game how it is, you're forced to go Deity stones with them in order to do enough damage to stay relevant. They're just bad.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    Blademaster: I have mixed feelings on their effectiveness in mass pvp.

Give us an indefinite stealth capn onion-1.gif, and we will show you how we troll in tw ihINN8p.png. Until that time we will stick with being suicidal bunch who try stun, hf and die routine endlessly.​​
  • astralwalk
    astralwalk Posts: 58 Arc User
    Based veno is best.

Veno is love. Veno is life.
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    Or just start playing a game and go "the sword one looks fun" D: (in response to @CapnK - Sanctuary view of the seeker population)
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    assuming endgame gear most op to least op for pvp both group and 1v1:

duskblade
    stormbringer
    mystic
    cleric
    barb
    bm
    assassin
    Psychic
    veno
    seeker
    archer
    wizard

How do I know?
    I've been floating around endgame gear in pvp for 7 years. Anyone is entitled to their opinions in which class is strongest, but my list is based off fact and how much certain classes just make other classes roll over. I've played classes, with endgame gear at the bottom of this list and the top, its a big difference. The kind of difference where you can walk into nw and kill maybe 15-20 people per map to wiping out over 60 in the same time period. Same in tw, when i use to play wizard i could kill maybe half a squad at a time with an amped up 2 spark aoe every min or 2. With stormbringer I can kill off half a faction in a couple seconds without even spending chi thats why they are hardcore targeted.
    The game is not balanced, anyone who says otherwise is lying or disillusional. If you ask anyone playing their class if they are op, most will be in denial and say no, don't bother asking them.
    BTW, barb is not the tankiest class, a mystic is.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    @dingo488 could you explain how the "tower of power" works?​​
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    jabq wrote: »
    @dingo488 could you explain how the "tower of power" works?

Kitty can.

In the middle ish an element. On the left side are elements that the middle element ish not very effective or doesn't work at all against. On the right side are elements that the middle element ish super-effective against.

For example Dark is immune to Ghost if Kitty remembers correctly. And Ghost is super-effective against Psychic-type.

It's a long time since Kitty last played those games, though.

Element-wise PWI ish more simple as PWI's elements are based on chinese Wu Xing-way of thinking about 5 elements overcoming each other. Fire melts the metal, metal ish crafted into tools to cut the woods, wood takes nutrients from earth, earth absorbs and dams water, water extinguishes fires.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

assuming endgame gear most op to least op for pvp both group and 1v1:

duskblade

stormbringer

mystic

cleric

barb

bm

assassin

Psychic

veno

seeker

archer

wizard

How do I know?

I've been floating around endgame gear in pvp for 7 years. Anyone is entitled to their opinions in which class is strongest, but my list is based off fact and how much certain classes just make other classes roll over. I've played classes, with endgame gear at the bottom of this list and the top, its a big difference. The kind of difference where you can walk into nw and kill maybe 15-20 people per map to wiping out over 60 in the same time period. Same in tw, when i use to play wizard i could kill maybe half a squad at a time with an amped up 2 spark aoe every min or 2. With stormbringer I can kill off half a faction in a couple seconds without even spending chi thats why they are hardcore targeted.

The game is not balanced, anyone who says otherwise is lying or disillusional. If you ask anyone playing their class if they are op, most will be in denial and say no, don't bother asking them.

BTW, barb is not the tankiest class, a mystic is.​​

You can kill off half a faction in a couple of seconds with a stormbringer? I want to see a video of that versus a half decent faction.
    It's not balanced no, but this is pretty much Complete nonsense: the post edition unless you actually give any evidence.
    And a mystic isn't tanky at all on it's own, it just has the luck it can spam heal near constantly, but lock away it's ability to use skills and it's a goner.

Do you have anything at all to back this story up, or should people believe you because you said so?
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    uhm my list

1- assassin: best DPS, high survivability, good CCs, tidal
    2- duskblade: high DPS, best CCs, high survivability, multiple paralyze, umbral
    3- stormbringer: high DPS, high DPH, AoE CCs, paralyze, tornado
    4- barb: best survivability, good DPS, paralyze spam, invoke
    5- veno: best support, factor with any gears, purge\0def
    6- cleric: second to best support, high DPS just in case, high survivability, seal of god
    7- psychic: high DPS, good spike DPH, good survivability, soul of silence\psy will
    8- blademaster: good offtank support, good CCs, longest paralyze, heaven's flame
    9- seeker: kinda DPS, good spike DPH, transposition glitches
    10- mystic: good support skillset, could have good DPS if demon, absorb soul
    11- wizard: long cd DPS burst viable in mass pvp, neglected class imo skillset is obsolete AF, blade tempest
    12- archer: squishy purge support, barrage​​
  • limonazza
    edited October 2015
    teabagg wrote: »
    to many op blue names running around.

on which server?
    guess you should try Dawnglory egg-2.gif if you are white named you will hardly complete daily quests without having to deal with some pvp egg-41.gif

there are even players neglecting dailies to just camp pvp and literaly fall behind in boundaries and what not because of it egg-2.gif​​
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    null
    On Hwilight Hemple it's rare to find a single white name while doing primal dailes anymore =/. Kinda ironic that from lost city the player population has near doubled but pvp (at least rpk and not the " faction (s) vs faction (s), who ever has the most numbers wins" bull) has become nonexistent because of it....I miss my pvp server T-T
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • limonazza
    edited October 2015
    null
    On Hwilight Hemple it's rare to find a single white name while doing primal dailes anymore =/. Kinda ironic that from lost city the player population has near doubled but pvp (at least rpk and not the " faction (s) vs faction (s), who ever has the most numbers wins" bull) has become nonexistent because of it....I miss my pvp server T-T

thats weird
    on the other hand Harshlands PvP players didnt lose the "white named" habit combined to a very competitive "european" mindset, what came out is basically this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIiPmn9PDGc on a daily base

i myself stopped to record pk because it happens that often it isnt anything special worth to be recorded xD egg-2.gif

man my faction has some blue named pk scouts @ primal world ijs egg-2.gif

spot->squad->signet->pk​​