the continual decrease of players

Options
typical69
typical69 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
I have no ideas i have nothing to say other than to state that pwi continually ignores their members. i would like to point out that even though i never power lvled using FC, it has been obvious that the lack of said instance has caused pwi to be greatly reduced in size resulting in the GMs or mods (whoever installs the updates) killing this particular game themselves. look here http://mmoculture.com/2014/11/perfect-world-income-down-due-to-falling-number-of-neverwinter-players/ though it is about neverwinter its only one of PWEs games up for download and it mentions total sales not to mention pwi is probably the most popular among the games they have so why are they messing it up? *shrugs* who knows? that is all ty have a nice day :) and for future reference no i dont care what some troll has to say about it u can go jump off a cliff if u have something negative to say nor will i be replying to said troll

Comments

• barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    typical69 said:

blah blah blah blah blah....and for future reference no i dont care what some troll has to say about it u can go jump off a cliff if u have something negative to say nor will i be replying to said troll

Are we supposed to respond to this or not?

Anyway...

All games lose population as they get older no matter what you try to do or what you not try to do...cmon peeps PW is over 8 years old now for our version, people get bored and move on to newer stuff...the grass is always greener where you havent been before...
    banner01.jpg
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    Lack of FC made it lose population? Its so freaking easy to level in this game without FC especially with all the changes, AND it gives some variety instead of FC, or FC, and maybe FC. Oh and I forgot FC, and that other instance, what was it called? Thats right, FC. You may have not used FC, I know I rarely did since I found the instance boring, but FC also was steering towards the game's destruction when the only thing the majority did was FC.

And as Barber said, as games age, they lose population, however there are quite a few new players and returning players. When one has a faction that recruits all levels instead of 70+ or RB1 100+, you find out just how many.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly I've thought that making the game too easy (too much easy xp) is a large part of what makes it less enjoyable for new players. And I started to notice a decline in players when FC was becoming a thing. (More toons but fewer actual players.)

Early rapid leveling makes the point when it slows down feel like a wall, rather than a increase in challenge. The lack of players overall means that when you need help with a boss fight (because they are litterally impossible solo at level), you've got to beg for help rather than find local players - and then you are useless and see just how outclassed you are by other players.

Now think about how those things will emotionally affect a new player. Especially with how empty the start areas are. Easy rpgs do not keep people interested in them, unless there is some serious gimmick involved.

Also, how well advertised is the game? True there are so many games out there, and I don't visit a lot of gamer sites, but I came from an ad on Fanfiction net - not a game site. And I haven't see PW advertise there in years.

The game is not balanced in a way to maintain the interest of new players. I'd wager that China took a look at how a large percentage of players shelled out the cash for endgame gear. And figured they'd get the largest profit in getting players to endgame so they'd purchase the gear. I doubt very many players overall spend more than 20-40$ on the chance boxes/packs, with an only minor number of exceptions purchasing 100s of them.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    The thing is new players dont even know about fc anymore and thats a good thing.
    alot of ppl dont even know what goon glitch is and that you could manipulate codes given out from PWI to get some serious items.
    Not that they know fc is a thing until someone tells them about it and how it was back then. Maybe they get frustrated but seeing how easy it is to lvup and casual gamers even have it easier with the exp buff they getting after 20 days off (assuming they have friends who sends them the thing and they are lv 100) but even in low lv the quests are so buffed and toned down its so easy to get on track.

I for example made a toon not too long ago and was confused about how short some cultivation quests are nowadays. didnt done them since 2011 or 2012 and the lv 20~30 part was ridiculously long and tedious. now its so short you dont even know.
    The big part of the game is really leveling and get a hand on some nice gear and with fc you walk to the exp room with lv 20 gear and onehit some mobs to get insane exp until you are either lv 100 or reached a point where you could do the instance yourself with a squad but then you figure out you still have lv 20 gear and have to cash in some bucks to get gear first.
    Also new players rarely cash in some money to buy said rooms anyways because they have no idea if its worth it because... they dont know it yet.

Also this thread is once again only just a "pwi is dead" kind of thread and its been awhile since we had one of those.
    PWI is not dead but new players are not flowing in like its black friday and you have a wallmart with extra deals.
    Get over it, this game is very old and new players are mostly players who know pwi already and just came back to have some more fun with new alts or existing alts.

Cheers :)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • wloftis
    wloftis Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    no its true they have nothen to do with the ppl in games pwi ot nw or the rest of them they dont want to hear us out all they want is ower cash **** the game and **** the player thats there moto its feed us as any **** game is
  • wloftis
    wloftis Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    i meen took me a **** 1/2 hr to get into the forums to find this site and i loged in from NW if that tells u anything at all it should have given me nw site on the spot so if the payers that are players cant find there space then how can u talk or type to a person or a bot i would say a bot to fix **** then tells me they dont want to know
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    *shakes her cane* back in myyyy dehh we used to kill 20 of each monstah in yee olleee wraithhhgate... UPHILL BOTH WAYS! fish-12.gif​​
  • noctusvenator
    noctusvenator Posts: 37 Arc User
    Options
    This game is not dying, yes we have less new people in the game than we did coming in 7 or even 3 years ago but we still DO have some new players joining. The problem is that once you hit a certain gear and level standard lowbies tend to just slide under the radar as they are doing totally different quests/bhs/dalies than you are so they just don't get noticed.
  • bankersbucks
    bankersbucks Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    wloftis said:

i meen took me a **** 1/2 hr to get into the forums to find this site and i loged in from NW if that tells u anything at all it should have given me nw site on the spot so if the payers that are players cant find there space then how can u talk or type to a person or a bot i would say a bot to fix **** then tells me they dont want to know

This says that you obviously have an issue reading and comprehending websites.
    I mean, if it takes you half an hour to go to arcgames.com, log in, click on the game, and click on forum, you must have some serious mental issues. Particularly reading comprehension since this isn't the NW forum.
    Or, you're 5.
    Or you can't read.
    eirghan said:

*shakes her cane* back in myyyy dehh we used to kill 20 of each monstah in yee olleee wraithhhgate... UPHILL BOTH WAYS! fish-12.gif​​

....in tha snow....
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    On a Side note I remember when they did ads for the game way back when, but havent seen any for years...but just watching my weekly Walking Dead drug fix I seen an add for a free download of the new....ummm...*Name Omitted*...fantasy game

Cant remember how long its been since I have seen an ad for PW, But I may have missed it. I dont watch ads B)
    banner01.jpg
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    The game is like 9 years old, the engine is probably even older. Of course they aren't advertising for new players, it's an established successful flagship title that has helped PWE gain traction and add a significant collection of other games to diversify into and yes they have shifted focus away from it over the years to focus on newer titles and growth elsewhere, but they've still provided content updates as and when they are delivered from PWCN.

From a corporate perspective they are doing the minimum they need to keep this game running and the existing player base content to continue on playing, MMOs by their very genre are the kind of game that most prospective players look to start playing on a fresh new server with an equal footing with other new players, so I don't know why people are still surprised there are hardly any new players.

Over time more and more people will quit in pursuit of other newer games, and this is why they did the server merges to provide that sense of a busy active server for the current players. Over time eventually they will do more server merges and one day they will close the game. Yes there are new players coming to the game, some stick it out some don't, yes we have people quitting the game, some come back some don't. Everything that has a beginning has an end. Enjoy the game and the player base while it lasts.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Actually I dont think u can put much of this on PWE.

The reality is that MMORPGs in itself have fallen out of popularity, where the MOBA has basically taken over as the most popular genre of PC gaming. This just happens, just like at some point the Zombie Survival games were the shjt and now no one cares anymore.

You can tell by how many MMORPGs have been made recently. Im willing to bet that in the top 10 most played MMORPGs right now at least 7 or 8 are well over 5 years old. Companies realise the genre itself has become less popular, thus spend less time focussing on it. You see a company like Blizzard, previously really only known for World of Warcraft now focussing on creating a first person shooter. Its just because all companies cater to whatever genre has the most popularity.

Thats why people are moving away from Neverwinter, and PWI. Sure there's a lot to be said about how PWE handles their game, but I think only 10% of what is happening is actually in PWE's control, the other 90% is really just because MMORPGs have seen their best days. Though perhaps they will fall into favor again in the near future!

----------------------------

I realise the more popular response on the forums is to go straight into ''QQ PWE please'' mode but ye ;x I feel this is probably closer to the actual reason
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    I would say the game has a very serious issue with customer support, and that the lack of intelligent responding people in said customer support has hurt this game considerably. I would say that a lack of PROPER GM and player interaction and GM presence in general hurts the game. FC....not so much. It was great while it lasted but was never SUPPOSED to be that way. If it had been as it was supposed to to begin with, we wouldn't even be HAVING this discussion. Someone mentioned lack of advertisement which is a VERY good point, PWE needs to advertise this game better/more to get it out there. That would for sure bring more players to the game. What we REALLY need though is someone like @thenamesdomino or maybe more then one of him. We need someone that understands the problems the players have and can be a proper liaison between us and the company, but the problem has come up in the past where even with a proper CM, PWE doesn't care.

So that brings us to the real heart of the problem with the entire thing. Just like in a faction I was in, the problem is lack of care/responsibility at the head of the game. The devs/owners/GMs just don't really care what we want or need and could care less about our tickets a majority of the time. The games real decline is due to this and not much else. We get botched news announcements with multiple grammatical errors, we get a lack of any kind of proper compensation when they **** up (ie the spirit coin issue was a HUGE bungle and even after going to the BBB they refuse to understand) and actually trying to submit a ticket and get a proper response is like talking to a baby and expecting them to understand quantum physics. Once PWE can actually get competent people behind the ticket counter and GMs, THEN we can see people having a more positive response/view of the game.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • typical69
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ok i see yalls point now and maybe i wasnt paying attention when i was still a nub XD and no for those that said i used FC to lvl i did not lol cause i could never catch a squad to do so cause i have the attention span of a gnat lol but it would be nice if higher ups got more dailies so it wasnt such a pain just to get to lvl 102 lol
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    typical69 wrote: »
    l but it would be nice if higher ups got more dailies so it wasnt such a pain just to get to lvl 102 lol

Do a full delta daily, it gives you 2m exp 8aFaN0c.png.​​
  • baneof1000ad
    baneof1000ad Posts: 27 Arc User
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    l but it would be nice if higher ups got more dailies so it wasnt such a pain just to get to lvl 102 lol

Do a full delta daily, it gives you 2m exp 8aFaN0c.png.

he has attention span of a gnat how he suppose get squad for full delta lol​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    jabq wrote: »

Do a full delta daily, it gives you 2m exp 8aFaN0c.png.

he has attention span of a gnat how he suppose get squad for full delta lol

I am thinking press f12 very quickly onion-64.gif when delta starts.​​
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    @darkonome best answer
  • pyrosandstorm#1009
    pyrosandstorm#1009 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I just started playing the game a few days ago myself (looking for a new mmorpg as I've gotten beyond sick of the one I was playing, especially as it's dying fast), and I've already decided to skip all the free experience/spirit things I keep getting as rewards and whatnot. I'm really enjoying the game, but being able to level with them so easily got boring fast.
    ★ ┌ Syveal { Duskblade → Tideswell } ┘
    Starlight { http://starlight-tideswell.shivtr.com }
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    I just started playing the game a few days ago myself (looking for a new mmorpg as I've gotten beyond sick of the one I was playing, especially as it's dying fast), and I've already decided to skip all the free experience/spirit things I keep getting as rewards and whatnot. I'm really enjoying the game, but being able to level with them so easily got boring fast.

Do the quests and enjoy the game. Glad to see PWI is attracting new players its a strong game. I miss the Squish and the normal Questing to many dailys mind. Dont be under pressure to do things fast learn the game and your toon.​​
  • eirghan
    Options
    @pyrosandstorm#1009 which server did you start on? And welcome i hope you enjoy. Its a fun game especially in the beginning :) a lot of the pve factions are really nice.
  • pyrosandstorm#1009
    Options
    eirghan said:

@pyrosandstorm#1009 which server did you start on? And welcome i hope you enjoy. Its a fun game especially in the beginning :) a lot of the pve factions are really nice.

I'm on the Tideswell server. And I'm actually considering waiting and creating a faction at some point. I tend to be a bit of a control freak when it comes to things like that, lol.

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    Troll thread. Most got over the FCC QQ a long time ago. It's way too easy to level in PV. Find a rebirth and get an invite or solo it.
  • typical69
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @jadasia it wasnt so much about FC as thats the point i noticed that chat was most active (until recent server merge ofc) @zoner112012 i agree with u on the customer support the game itself is awesome i cant stay away but when it comes to sending a ticket id rather leave it be than bet on a GM to be of any use and @pyrosandstorm#1009 i hope u have a great time here :) the player interaction is unlike any other game and most of them are real nice ppl sometimes the trolls can be a bit of a pain though lol besides that its a real good game havent found any others like it (and ive tried alot of em)

Cheers :D
  • pyrosandstorm#1009
    Options
    Thanks @typical69 . And every game has at least some trolls :) .
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    typical69 said:

I have no ideas i have nothing to say other than to state that pwi continually ignores their members. i would like to point out that even though i never power lvled using FC, it has been obvious that the lack of said instance has caused pwi to be greatly reduced in size resulting in the GMs or mods (whoever installs the updates) killing this particular game themselves.

Your OP made a point about FC supposedly causing the decline in population. You expect people not to follow this concept within your thread? I based my comment about that.
  • flowingmizu
    flowingmizu Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Personally, I also think it's the lack of actual customer/GM support and what not... But also the fact that at higher levels, the game gets more interesting or fun. There are more instances and dailies than a lower level individual. Like....People gain more skill, more teamwork in instances like fsp, etc. I used to play a lot of low level alts because I would get bored after a while (this was before the quests give better rewards). However, after I got my first toon to 100, I had more fun and tried to stick with it instead of playing my alts. I got more skills, more dailies, more instances. I can go neuma hunting (not that others can't). Being a low level player, your use of skills are more limited. As in, not all the skills appeared that makes it more fun (even though I use old skills a lot). What I'm saying is that some people get too impatient and give up before reaching level 100. I remember my first toon becoming demon... I was so happy. It felt like a hard job been done. But now, it's nothing as special... :(

Do you guys think it was a good think to give new players flyers at level 10? I'm just wondering since I played when flyer were given at level 30 and I had to take the time to walk everywhere. However, this gave me the chance to explore and I don't regret it.

Also @pyrosandstorm#1009 welcome to the game :smile: I hope you enjoy here as much as I do. Mind if I ask how did you personally found this game?
  • eirghan
    Options
    @flowingmizu in a way i think its good to have flyers and a mount at level ten. For two reasons. First, once apon a time i was a baby earthguard and fell to the bottom of the pit outside the elder of tellus with my town teleport in cooldown (this was before i had event gold) so i was trapped for a good twenty minutes LOL. Second, at least in my experience as a new player i didnt have much coin to teleport around (these days maybe its easier with free teleport stones from treasure chest) but i used to have to walk everywhere those first levels. That was pretty boring. Flyers are nice to have i think even if the ones they get are snail paced. At least you can afk while you fly between towns. :tongue:
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options

... also the fact that at higher levels, the game gets more interesting or fun. There are more instances and dailies than a lower level individual. Like....People gain more skill, more teamwork in instances like fsp, etc. ...

When you skip all game up to high level you skip most of the quests and instances.

High level players need much more money and efforts to play in few high level instances.

Personally I think, that high-level mean end of game.