Servers transfer: For when?

unbarb
unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
2025 maybe? Every games offer this service, the newest MMORPGs offer this service, but PWI is the one that "can't" . No wonder why PWI is so dead.

Comments

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Newer games yes but is PWI a "newer" game? no.
    Could they? probably
    Will they? i dont know
    Does your thread increase the chance of server transfer service beeing a thing one day? nope.

Seriouse note: it would not do well for PWI i guess, all the dawnglory ppl who are butthurt about the time changes would leave and nothing would go back in or just a low amount. Then we have a new dead server and noone is interessted in that.
    I hope this will never be a thing.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    LOL at comparing a title over 10 years old with an antiquated game engine and multiple antiquated databases with a newer MMO.

IMHO, they are not likely ever going to allow it. Previously they said they wouldn't because of the differing server styles.
    In trial and error with my own private server builds, I never found a surefire way to move the data for one toon/account from one database to the other. The end result either made the account un-playable, or the toons on it would never gain any more exp again ever and their gear was completely useless.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    razzzza said:

Seriouse note: it would not do well for PWI i guess, all the dawnglory ppl who are butthurt about the time changes would leave and nothing would go back in or just a low amount. Then we have a new dead server and noone is interessted in that.

I hope this will never be a thing.​​

Morai server was the most active server before the server merge.
    I'd bet it would be the other way around: too many Europeans would move to Dawnglory server.
    (Years ago there was only one screen to select a server, options "west", "east" were not available. Later we got the European/Morai server).

With the option to move to another server they could shut down the US servers at night because there would be only cat shops around lol.