R9S3 vs...

jsjon
jsjon Posts: 8 Arc User
Currently, I am using a R9S2 + 12 dagger and am thinking about upgrading it to Adversity +10.
It will be a while, if ever, before I am able to upgrade another weapon to +12.

Is anyone able to figure out what roll and refine would be needed on an Adversity to put out more damage than my current +12 weapon.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    For this to be possible we would need your current stats, build, gear and so on. If you can fill this http://mypers.pw/4/ it would be possible to do the math, not that I can promise anybody will.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    saxroll wrote: »
    For this to be possible we would need your current stats, build, gear and so on. If you can fill this http://mypers.pw/4/ it would be possible to do the math, not that I can promise anybody will.

Using that tool though, the OP could do it themselves. samurai-25.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    You lose some atk but gain around 20 or so atk lvls, they should be very similar in dmg.

What you should consider if it is worth losing is the around 10k soulforce, because the rest should favor adversity.
  • jsjon
    Thanks for the replies.
    A very good point, I forgot to take into account soul force.
    I mostly pve, the only pvp I do would occasionally be in nw.

The link shows sheet dps, what would it be like with attack levels and crit % included.

If this would help anyone,
    Adversity +10
    Base Dmg 1363-1811
    Atk lvl 40
    Atk lvl 20-25 (I would roll for over 20 lvl)
    Crit 3-6%
    Dex 8-20

Catasrophe stinger +12
    Base Dmg 1526-1933
    Atk lvl 40
    Dex 11
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    jsjon said:

Thanks for the replies.
    A very good point, I forgot to take into account soul force.
    I mostly pve, the only pvp I do would occasionally be in nw.

The link shows sheet dps, what would it be like with attack levels and crit % included.

If this would help anyone,
    Adversity +10
    Base Dmg 1363-1811
    Atk lvl 40
    Atk lvl 20-25 (I would roll for over 20 lvl)
    Crit 3-6%
    Dex 8-20

Catasrophe stinger +12
    Base Dmg 1526-1933
    Atk lvl 40
    Dex 11

Those stats would of been easy to find, what we dont know is what attack your gear gives outside of weapon (Rings, shards, cards) your passive addons (meridian, title, Nuema). Nor do we know your stat points, which is fairly large part of the damage calculations.

Ps. My guess s, at 20+ attack levels, if your cards/nuemas isnt complete sht you should deal more dmg with +10 adversity.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Based on my observations with archers using a +10 r9rr bow and a +12 r9r bow, there's absolutely no reason not to upgrade to +10 r9rr dags. Don't forget that r9rr has a higher chance to zerk than r9r also.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    Don't forget that r9rr has a higher chance to zerk than r9r also.
    Unless you have a really clear and truthful source on that, I call BS.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    chary said:

Based on my observations with archers using a +10 r9rr bow and a +12 r9r bow, there's absolutely no reason not to upgrade to +10 r9rr dags. Don't forget that r9rr has a higher chance to zerk than r9r also.

Think you are confusing GoF with SS, both r9r and r9rr have GoF proc... And 10k soulforce makes a difference if you fight a psy for example, so I wouldnt call it "no reason not to upgrade"... but true, everything else favors adversity.

If all you do is pve, the only place you notice the soulforce difference is if you glitch Belle in jfsp, because that is the only sin skill that takes into account soulforce...
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

Unless you have a really clear and truthful source on that, I call BS.​​

The procs on all r9rr weps are higher than their counterparts on other weps. Pretty sure Adroit did the math on this.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Unless you have a really clear and truthful source on that, I call BS.

The procs on all r9rr weps are higher than their counterparts on other weps. Pretty sure Adroit did the math on this.
    I'm pretty sure that only counts for purify spell, that's what he/she could test anyway because of being a wizard, and I remember there being a lot of threads about it. Also about that the R8r purify spell is **** compared to the R9rr one.
    It was much like how sacrificial strike is the lower alternative to GoF. They just never gave the R8r purify spell a different name

I don't notice any difference in proc between GoF weapons (daggers specifically)

Edit: adroit's thread on that specific topic: here​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    waay back when there wasnt even avatar cards i made a test with a friend who had similar stats as me but he had r9r+12 daggers and i had adversity +10. i did more dmg then he did.

Ofc alot of factors are added nowadays but the outcome will probably the same that adversity deals more dmg +10 vs +12 r9r.
    You also have more DEX and critrate after going r9rr (when you get dex over 11 that is).

Also the GoF chance is the same as r9 and r9r.

only downside is that the epic dragon look of the weapon is going poof but thats about it mouse-1.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • jsjon
    An update for anyone in the future pondering something similar.

I upgraded my weapon and rolled: 21 atk lvl, 4% crit and 16 dex
    Wondering if I should re-roll or not, I refined to +3 to test it out in phoenix valley and level 100 trash mobs. In both cases the damage at +3(no shards) seemed similar to my old daggers at +12 (with two garnet gems). Satisfied with this, I decided to stick with the roll instead of farming what could be dozens more warsong runs and refined it to +10.

In my opinion, at +10 (no shards), the Adversity dagger definitely outperformed my old +12 dagger.
    I one shot lvl 100 trash mobs more consistently and in phoenix valley, after my 2 aoes, fewer mobs remained standing.

This is just based off my observations in limited scenarios and not based on concrete numbers that I was hoping to get when I initially posted this question. I am really happy with the upgrade though.

Basically to sum it up:
    Lost the soul force from +12 refine and the appearance of the dragon style dagger (appearance is a pro or con depending on which look you like better).

Damage is better with the higher Atk Lvls, crit and dex. When Adversity Dagger is refined to +11 the base damage will be higher than +12 Catastrophe Stinger.

In terms of PvE, even though my old dagger was +12, it was really should have been a no brainer from the start.

Thanks to all who replied.