Someone explain Pirate King quest to me please

So I went to the Pirate King in Primal and there were lots of folks there killing a big octopus, I was there like 30mins hitting it, it did not die but just reset position and quest failed...big waste of my time.

I did not see any official information about this new quest (as usual) so can any helpful player fill me in on how it works/what we supposed to do?

Thankies

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    What does the quest information say?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    I did it once. Got there hit the boss one or two times, Got a quest that said it will complete when Pirate King is dead. I kept hiting him alongside others without being in any squad and after the boss was dead I received 1,2 mil exp and some stuffs for Star Charts. When I got it had like 20 or 30 mil hp left and it didnt took more than 5minutes to kill him.
    giphy.gif

• kiterunner
    kiterunner Posts: 26 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

I cannot remember the exact text of the quest...I believe it simply said that I had to kill the Pirate King. It did not say I required a squad or that there was a time limit or anything like that. I will take note of the quest text if I ever try this again.

I did it once. Got there hit the boss one or two times, Got a quest that said it will complete when Pirate King is dead. I kept hiting him alongside others without being in any squad and after the boss was dead I received 1,2 mil exp and some stuffs for Star Charts. When I got it had like 20 or 30 mil hp left and it didnt took more than 5minutes to kill him.

You must have had some way OP people to kill it in 5mins...for me there were like 5 people from the same high level TW faction in a squad and some of them were R9RRR, I was alone, not in squad. We got its HP down to about half and that did take us like 30 minutes during which time it spawned adds, pushed us back, swam around etc. But then suddenly it reset its position and healed all its HP and my quest popped up as being failed.

Maybe you cannot move it out of a certain area (it did move about a lot) or maybe it is a timed quest (but I did not see a timer).

Anyways seems like another quest just for the very OP folks and big factions, not sure I will attempt it again.
  • bloodedone87

dblazen1 said:

I cannot remember the exact text of the quest...I believe it simply said that I had to kill the Pirate King. It did not say I required a squad or that there was a time limit or anything like that. I will take note of the quest text if I ever try this again.

You must have had some way OP people to kill it in 5mins...for me there were like 5 people from the same high level TW faction in a squad and some of them were R9RRR, I was alone, not in squad. We got its HP down to about half and that did take us like 30 minutes during which time it spawned adds, pushed us back, swam around etc. But then suddenly it reset its position and healed all its HP and my quest popped up as being failed.

Maybe you cannot move it out of a certain area (it did move about a lot) or maybe it is a timed quest (but I did not see a timer).

Anyways seems like another quest just for the very OP folks and big factions, not sure I will attempt it again.
    I wasnt in Primal World when the system message appeared in the world chat. I used auto path and it took me near to Morai Teleporter in north. I asked in world chat were is the Pirate King cause I was confused at that moment thinking its another broken event from PW were they forgot to put the NPC or something. Someone pm me and told that its in Primal world story mode. So I went in Primal, went in stronguald assualt story mode cause it was the closest way were I could enter story mode and than I had to fly a bit till I got to the boss and to be honest I didnt expect and Octopus.
    The person that pm me told me that boss has 120 mil hp but when I got there it had like 20 or 30 milion hp left out of 200 mil and we nedeed 5 minutes to kill him. It wasnt at his full HP. I dont know how longer those people were there and to be honest I didnt checked how OP they were cause I am not OP at all with my G16 +4 armor and +5 weapon.It didnt pushed me back , nor the adds did me something even when I used aoe skills , he didnt aoe me, he did nothing to me. I guess I was lucky.
    giphy.gif

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Pirate King? You guys mean Sky Pirate Drake?
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • bloodedone87

Pirate King? You guys mean Sky Pirate Drake?

No. Its something new. Has nothing to do with Sky Pirate Drake. It apeared after yesterday maint and I believe it was cause the Primal Storyline phases had finally ended.
    giphy.gif

• matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    What star chart rewards does this buff give?
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • bloodedone87

What star chart rewards does this buff give?

Astrospira and Astrobana pearls if I remember correctly. I got 2 of each.
    giphy.gif

• matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    I did primals on 6 toons yesterday and I never seen this quest so I musta missed it
    banner01.jpg
  • bloodedone87
    barber said:

I did primals on 6 toons yesterday and I never seen this quest so I musta missed it

You must keep your eyes on world chat to see the message . The name of the boss Pirate King ( which is an Octopus and not a pirate. ya I know weird) apears in world chat in green letters and if you click on him you autopath to the boss if you are in primal and if you are not to the closest Morai Teleporter that can send you there.
    giphy.gif

• kiterunner
    For those saying they have not yet seen this quest...maybe you are not playing on Etherblade server?
    I believe Etherblade is only server to complete all the new boundary levels, so we are only ones with this new quest atm.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    TT has it.

• There is a 5% chance for pirate king to spawn after someone turns in the new "War o' Mines" daily (with all the running around). It's similar to the convoy spawn in this respect (the convoy has 10% chance to spawn from stronghold quest).
    • Pirate King spawns in one of 4 locations in Tideswell story mode. It announces the spawn in system chat and you can click the link to autopath there.
    • You automatically pick up a daily quest for him when you are nearby.
    • Everyone who attacks pirate king will complete the quest. Squad doesnt matter and there are no drops.
    • The daily gives 2 Astrospira / 2 Astrobana / 1280000 XP
    ​​
  • bloodedone87
    asterelle said:

TT has it.

• There is a 5% chance for pirate king to spawn after someone turns in the new "War o' Mines" daily (with all the running around). It's similar to the convoy spawn in this respect (the convoy has 10% chance to spawn from stronghold quest).
    • Pirate King spawns in one of 4 locations in Tideswell story mode. It announces the spawn in system chat and you can click the link to autopath there.
    • Everyone who attacks pirate king will complete the quest. Squad doesnt matter and there are no drops.
    ​​
    I did it only one time yesterday but Im curious if its posible to do it multiple times per day.
    Can you go everytime and get the daily quest once you near him or you will get the quest just one time per day?
    giphy.gif

• rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User

asterelle said:

TT has it.

​​
    I did it only one time yesterday but Im curious if its posible to do it multiple times per day.
    Can you go everytime and get the daily quest once you near him or you will get the quest just one time per day?
    Tested this yesterday:
    And i think is only once per day.

First time i killed it, I did it with a fac mate and a other people from her random squad.
    By the time a get there boss had like 50 mill hp. I got the quest after hiting him a couple of times. After boss is killed I got the 1.2 mill exp and the start chart items.

Second time i was near so i went there when Boss was on full hp. I squaded with 2 random people and we start to attack but I never got the quest the second time.

To the OP:
    About the boss reseting, the only thing that came to my mind is that maybe the boss moved to much or the person who was tanking him moved to far away from him or something.
    Also even if this boss have a lot of hp, it drops really fast, especially with the amount of overpowered people that now lure on the server.

• hocic0
    hocic0 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Do you need to be shifting sky to be able to receive the quest from it?
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Question: is this supposed to happen? Didn't really notice it when I did it this afternoon and then went to do it tonight on myst to try and... o.O;;
    http://s15.postimg.org/8u9g4xf6j/2015_10_08_22_48_24.png
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    Question: is this supposed to happen? Didn't really notice it when I did it this afternoon and then went to do it tonight on myst to try and... o.O;;
    http://s15.postimg.org/8u9g4xf6j/2015_10_08_22_48_24.png

Looks like goons. Feel free to hyper.
    ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    I would like to name our new exp squid overlords as "squidgoons".
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Lol. I approve of Squidgoons.​​
  • aeternusdoleo
    Ohdear. Looks like this thing is supposed to spawn adds at certain hp intervals but... I guess they missed a 0 in the hp thresholds (this boss has 214kk hp instead of the usual 24kk for worldbosses from the look of it). This could be funny until they fix that glitch!

Dawnglory player:
  • bloodedone87

Ohdear. Looks like this thing is supposed to spawn adds at certain hp intervals but... I guess they missed a 0 in the hp thresholds (this boss has 214kk hp instead of the usual 24kk for worldbosses from the look of it). This could be funny until they fix that glitch!

I think thats how the devs wanted to do this boss with 214748364 hp. And if I remember corectly PW has another boss a dragon I believe with 100 mil hp or something like that but not sure if its in our version or not. I remember kossy mentioned him on the old forum in a thread somewere.
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

I think thats how the devs wanted to do this boss with 214748364 hp. And if I remember corectly PW has another boss a dragon I believe with 100 mil hp or something like that but not sure if its in our version or not. I remember kossy mentioned him on the old forum in a thread somewere.
    How many does the sea monster have? I remember when it first appeared, it took people forever to kill it.

BTW, kk is the non-stardard way of saying M for Million. Still not sure why people do that.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87

How many does the sea monster have? I remember when it first appeared, it took people forever to kill it.

BTW, kk is the non-stardard way of saying M for Million. Still not sure why people do that.​​

I searched a bit and found on ecatomb.net a boss Ancient Sea Dragon. Coordinate(616 183) Lvl 1 100 000 000 HP.
    I think that is the one you are asking about. And another boss I found is Mighty Nien Beast Level 75
    118 584 802 HP.
    The info about these 2 bosses can be found at Ecatomb.net at section Boss subsection Other.
    And that proves the HP of Pirate King( still cant figure out why an Octopus is named Pirate King) is not a glitch. The devs did actually wanted this boss to have over 200 mil HP and if you think thats the correct way to do.
    I think it took people forever to kill a monster with over 100 mil hp back than cause we didnt had the gear we have today.
    Imagine if Primal World , Cards. Meridian and all the Power up items we got today didnt happend and they would hav e introduced this over 200 mil HP boss in PW for a daily quest.
    giphy.gif

• aeternusdoleo
    edited October 2015

That would probably be Sarokkan, a boss that appears in Primal Saturdag every week at 10PM server time. Unfortunately, that boss tends to be farmed by the R9+12 crews of various factions since only the squad with the highest amount of damage can pick the drops for that one.

That boss should really be changed, no more S box drops but everyone with aggro on it getting one S box for their efforts. Right now only 10 people ever benefit from that one.

[Edit] That quest that spawns the damn Pirate King (should have just called it Kraken instead and be done with it) takes Shifting Sky levels to do, so yea... it'll spawn often enough.

Dawnglory player:
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    did it twice yesterday on my toons so i know what you guys are talking about now.

maybe it has that much hp so people have time to get to it no matter where they are at in game...if it had less than that when the message appears, the op peeps would have it killed before the normal peeps could get there

wish it would spawn at certain times instead of random but i guess it keeps ya on your toes
    banner01.jpg
  • bloodedone87

That would probably be Sarokkan, a boss that appears in Primal Saturdag every week at 10PM server time. Unfortunately, that boss tends to be farmed by the R9+12 crews of various factions since only the squad with the highest amount of damage can pick the drops for that one.

That boss should really be changed, no more S box drops but everyone with aggro on it getting one S box for their efforts. Right now only 10 people ever benefit from that one.

[Edit] That quest that spawns the damn Pirate King (should have just called it Kraken instead and be done with it) takes Shifting Sky levels to do, so yea... it'll spawn often enough.
    No no its not Sarokkan. Its the one that I mentioned Ancient Sea Dragon.
    But you can add Sarokkan in the list with the bosses that have over 100 mil HP if PW Database is correct and he really has 160 mil HP. I dont really know cause I never seen him in game.
    giphy.gif

• zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Two pictures from China (June 14th), around when Pirate King was released there.

ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • kiterunner
    Thank you all...I managed to get the kill and rewards for it today.
    Was a lot more people there so the killing went much faster.

As others have noted there does seem to be a level requirement or sky level requirement because a lvl 100 RA1 barb friend of mine came along and the quest did not popup for her at all and of course she got no rewards.
  • cadelury
    cadelury Posts: 8 Arc User
    Just finished and got no rewards or quest. RB2 Astral Sky III might be the reason. It was still fun though.