PWI - Here is your coin sink

Options
scruncy
scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Suggestion Box
Since the servers are filled with trillions of coins, PWI is in need for a real coin sink.
Now here is my proposal:

Let a NPC sell Nebuladust orbs ( the one's which DONT increase astral energy ) for 1m coins a piece.

Here are the advantages:

- it doesnt interfere with the boutique items
- its not a *must have thing* which increases the gap between cs and casual players.
- its a real continuous sink. Most *coin sinks* are not really ones. NW crafting fees or base helmet are things you do one time and then never again. Rerolling a starchart you could do over and over again, since its pure luck based if you get a good one or not.

Think about it....​​
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

• kyoske
    kyoske Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This is pure **** right here. Please take in account that not all players on this game have coins in the billions and hundreds of millions. Firstly people keep calling for coin sink but lets be realistic, not every player have coins on this game, some who took advantage of botting/Culti, have multi accounts doing smoke, fsp and bh maybe be rich but not all of us. Search the threads i think the best idea that i heard was to bring back coins and give us an npc which sells us boutique items. These items can even be bound to character it doesnt matter, but an idea like yours would like many before benefit only the rich. You probably just have a crappy star chart and looking for more opportunities to change that. Dont get me wrong im not blasting you i just get annoyed with this sinking term. You cannot keep sinking and sinking, at the end of the day only the Cser and the rule breakers will remain. On TT server the biggest Cser runs around in primal world with around 10 or more alts behind him. What they need to do is to stop sinking coins and get rid of the people who break the rules to get these huge amount of coins. Im hoping our new Cm @thenamesdomino actually look into this stuff.
  • scruncy
    Options
    lol, ofc its for the rich........
    Poor people dont need a coin sink........
    Sell boutique items? Like this is a real option PWI would think about it. Lets be realistic here.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    This would just create another advantage for people who botted their way or crank up prices by a ton, they could just horoscope until they have a roll they like and then don't bother with it anymore.
    So no this way of a coinsink is terrible.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• scruncy
    Options
    It seems some people dont get the concept of a coin sink. It will always favour the rich people ,regardless how they made their coins. The important thing is to get them out of the system and not just trade them from player to player.
    And if you say this is terrible, I am sure you got a way better idea.
    Bring it on, lets hear it.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    It seems some people dont get the concept of a coin sink. It will always favour the rich people ,regardless how they made their coins. The important thing is to get them out of the system and not just trade them from player to player.
    And if you say this is terrible, I am sure you got a way better idea.
    Bring it on, lets hear it.

Coinsinks will always favour rich people? Do you even know what a coinsink is supposed to be? Crafting fee. Repair fee. Those are coinsinks.
    What you are suggesting could apply to any item. You could also say "Let's throw in some JoSD / Deity stones in a shop at some price, it is a coin sink only for rich people".

That's not how coinsinks work.

Do I have an idea for a coinsink? No, because there is literally nothing else in here besides crafting fee and repair fee that you could create a sink on, and I don't consider buying items a coin sink, specially if it can possibly benefit someone in any way, which crafting fee and repair fee don't.

I'd say increase repair fees and crafting fee, but then you'd have a lot more people complaining because they wouldn't be able to afford it.

Maybe have some daily quest(s) that require you to buy a special quest item in order to complete said quest. Maybe the quest can give some increased reward on xp/spirit/vitae/whatever.
    Then comes again the issue of BUT MUH QUEST REWARD ITEM.

It's not that easy to create a decent coin sink people will actually be willing to use​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kyoske
    Options
    dude as dblazen said this idea wont work.
  • scruncy
    Options
    repair and crafting fee have to be paid by all, the rich and the poor. Since not enough coins get drained out of the system ,lets make those fees 5x the price.
    Now , do you think that would be in favour of the poorer people?
    The idea is to make the rich a little bit poorer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not take away from the one's who dont already have nothing.
    And when u say "Let's throw in some JoSD / Deity stones in a shop at some price" , this again would interfere with boutique items ( why buy and open packs? ) and would also be only a one time thing ( you shard and you be done).
    Rerolling is pure luck based, you might get a chart or not even if you spent 1b coins.

• limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    theres no forge in china for this so far, there wont be a forge in western version for at least the next year

useless to even discuss

pwi just needs to reduce the freaking boutique prices for that i've seen just 1 person that cashed hard for star chart and reached lvl 45, too bad that star chart had just 2 (imo not that) useful (for that class) adds rest of adds was garbage adds​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • scruncy
    edited October 2015
    Options
    this thread is not about to high starchart prices in boutique or how you level your chart. This is a idea for a coin sink.
    And why would you need a forge for it? Just let any npc sell it.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    scruncy said:

Rerolling a starchart you could do over and over again, since its pure luck based if you get a good one or not

I believe that people will rerol a starchart only untill they get the stats that would satisfy them and than they would focus on lvl it up.

And on what you are saying that poor people dont need a coin sink I think its actually them who need a coin sink.
    I think that a massive coin sink would cause some prices to drop and that benefits the poor.
    giphy.gif

• afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options
    It does look like a good idea and at the same time has less value than the one from boutique (that actually adds xp).

@dblazen1: Would say you have a wrong idea of what a coin sink is... I think coin sink is only meant to sell you an item/service, and removes the coins necessary for it from the game economy.

Increasing craft/repair fees would also be a coin sink, but you don't get any improvement from what exists atm (well, maybe some improved qq...)
  • scruncy
    Options

And on what you are saying that poor people dont need a coin sink I think its actually them who need a coin sink.
    I think that a massive coin sink would cause some prices to drop and that benefits the poor.

poor people dont need a coin sink for THEIR coins..........duh
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Options
    u want a coin sink, put in a 1% coin tax per 24 hours on catshops. either coin will go down or the number of shops. win win either way. ( and a minimum (not fee) of 100k coin to be eligible to open up/stay open shop so ppl dont bypass it with big notes )​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    kyoske said:

This is pure **** right here. Please take in account that not all players on this game have coins in the billions and hundreds of millions. Firstly people keep calling for coin sink but lets be realistic, not every player have coins on this game, some who took advantage of botting/Culti, have multi accounts doing smoke, fsp and bh maybe be rich but not all of us. Search the threads i think the best idea that i heard was to bring back coins and give us an npc which sells us boutique items. These items can even be bound to character it doesnt matter, but an idea like yours would like many before benefit only the rich. You probably just have a crappy star chart and looking for more opportunities to change that. Dont get me wrong im not blasting you i just get annoyed with this sinking term. You cannot keep sinking and sinking, at the end of the day only the Cser and the rule breakers will remain. On TT server the biggest Cser runs around in primal world with around 10 or more alts behind him. What they need to do is to stop sinking coins and get rid of the people who break the rules to get these huge amount of coins. Im hoping our new Cm @thenamesdomino actually look into this stuff.

Are you freaking serious? People who have coin worked for it. It has some value and those who posses coin are entitled to take advantage of that value. You want to turn this into some wealth inequality issue? LAWL!!! What a joke.

People who possess the most coin are entitled to reap the most benefit from it. Who gives a rat's ****** about those who don't have much coin. They have had the same opportunity to do what it takes to earn coin too just like the rest of us.

Take your jealous envy of those who have more than you somewhere else to QQ. It's not the rich or CS's fault you are poor.

Next you're going to complain about goon glitchers, because some are 105 x 3 and you aren't, right?
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    Options
    Imo it's a good idea. Even some boutique items should be purchasable by coins.

E.g. make Ocean Orbs purchasable 4x per year (every time for 1 week) for 60m coins each.
    People will sell their gold to buy them with coins (= people will charge gold).
    And we would get rid of trillions of coin this way.

If 1 Ocean Orb costs 25 gold and 1 gold costs 4m coins ==> 100m coins per Ocean Orb.
    Make it MUCH cheaper and many people will charge gold to get coins + some others will get rid of many coins which they already have.

What about the ppl with full +12 full JoSD main characters? Sell random S avatars for 200m coins each. Specific S avatars for 1 billion coins each.

Everything has to be cheaper than in boutique (I'd calculate with 3m per gold). PWE might sell less in boutique, but people would charge more gold to sell it in AH = the economy would stabilize.

The big CSers or merchants won't spend much for consumable items, that's just a dream of the poor people.

If nothing else helps.. create signs with street names. And give the option to buy the names (it should cost something like 20 billions per street name).
    E.g. One Main road in Archosaur on Twilight Tempel server: Kyrill Street.
    South site: Horaah's posing corner.
    Lane in Village of the Lost: Hidden DrakeKhan
  • kyoske
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @jadasia -snip- breaking the rules should not be considered hard work. Are you going to tell me 5 accounts opened on one computer is right, to hell with this, ill start SS and reporting people since people on here claim they are only working hard ill work hard too​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Options
    jadasia wrote: »
    -snip-

The value of the rich players coins would also go up the more it is scarce, and thus the more value it holds. What would instead happen is there would be an increase in the base-level of gear, which would mean they'd benefit from having more competitive matches. People with willing to put in more time and effort will always hold an advantage. Not just in terms of gear that is cash-shop dependent, like s cards. But also in the sense that they will likely be better at the game. Those who rely on their advantage from spending money, would still be able to afford better gear, especially cash shop dependent gear.
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    Options
    Im not really in the habbit of loging Ideas for Coin Sinks as they tend to have ways of going bad. To be fair I really dont see coin sinks as a problem at the moment. You will always have people who are Rich and people who are Poor. The thing with this game is TIME. The more time you have the more money you can make. O Ill add in unless your running 5 clients. Yes Im looking at a lot of people. That should be stopped but their is always more than meets the eye. Same with boting yes im ranting now... The Game HAS GMs systems in place and other security WHY for this they never used them or even have active GMs ingame I will never know. Could have prolonged the life of this game way beyond its calling. Saying this Glad its still going strong and hope it does for many years to come.

Not going to log. Rant over...

Thanks,
    ​​
  • kyoske
    Options
    @heero200 i dont know if being an hero was your intention with your name but i appluad you sir :'( . Thank you
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options

The value of the rich players coins would also go up the more it is scarce, and thus the more value it holds. What would instead happen is there would be an increase in the base-level of gear, which would mean they'd benefit from having more competitive matches. People with willing to put in more time and effort will always hold an advantage. Not just in terms of gear that is cash-shop dependent, like s cards. But also in the sense that they will likely be better at the game. Those who rely on their advantage from spending money, would still be able to afford better gear, especially cash shop dependent gear.​​

It's a lot easier to be a complete noob in +12 gear - having just bought your way to the top, then to be a F2P "grinded every bonus I could get" +7 toon, who plays daily and intensively for hours a day. I can speak from experience in that. PWI has made bypassing putting an effort in this game by buying your way ahead of anyone not willing or able to pay, virtually a necessity. Even in time pressure - if you want to build up your character, then simply doing the daily primals, morai, factionbase, Flowsilver Palace and bounty hunter amounts to two hours of play at least. Leaves less time for PvP and getting better at that, if that's your desire...
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    It's a lot easier to be a complete noob in +12 gear - having just bought your way to the top, then to be a F2P "grinded every bonus I could get" +7 toon, who plays daily and intensively for hours a day. I can speak from experience in that. PWI has made bypassing putting an effort in this game by buying your way ahead of anyone not willing or able to pay, virtually a necessity. Even in time pressure - if you want to build up your character, then simply doing the daily primals, morai, factionbase, Flowsilver Palace and bounty hunter amounts to two hours of play at least. Leaves less time for PvP and getting better at that, if that's your desire...

Yes, as I said only thing a coin sink would do is make those pvp people oriented grinders more competitive because they would have to spend less time grinding, and would have a better baseline of gear. It would not remove the advantage of being rich or being a cash shopper.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    The OP is right, most of you have no idea how a coin sink works or what its function is.

Let me explain:
    Every single week 945,000,000 coins + enough mirages to bring that to at least 1 billion enter the server. This is from TW by itself not including any other coin influx.

In addition, 1m & 5m cards etc. from daily BH, and Perfect Tokens of Best Luck bring in 5m a piece every time they spawn.

Lastly, every single item gotten from mobs, quests, WS, Lunar, and/or whatever else which is NPC'd and has a coin value brings more coins into the server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Say there are 2 cultures
    One has food but no water, the other water but no food.
    People trade regularly; food for water, water for food.

As time passes water becomes more and more plentiful for the water culture. People from their town are able to offer larger and larger amounts of water for food. Food stays the same and as it is more scarce it is more valued. Smaller amounts of food can be traded for greater and greater amounts of water. There is no shortage at all in the water supply like there is for food.

Coins are the water.
    Too many exist.
    When you buy tokens to get Crab Meat, no coins disappear from the server you just hand them to somebody else.
    When you buy NV3 mold service, Shards, Armors, Socket Stones, HP Charms, Dragon Orbs, anything at all from another player or shop. The coin doesn't disappear. All it does is change hands.

So more and more coin is constantly spawning into existence day after day, week by week and it isn't going anywhere. This makes gold, packs, and every single item in the game more and more valuable because the coin you use to buy it becomes worth less and less.

You WANT people to have an incentive to spend mass quantities of coin at NPCs, you WANT the exact sort of coin sink the OP described. We NEED to have something to spend our coin on at NPCs where it will disappear and not just change hands. For that to happen it MUST be something worth doing.

When less coin exists, its value will go up.
    Item and Gold prices will go down.
    Farming will slowly become more and more viable like it was in the past.
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    daymond said:

The OP is right, most of you have no idea how a coin sink works or what its function is.

Let me explain:
    Every single week 945,000,000 coins + enough mirages to bring that to at least 1 billion enter the server. This is from TW by itself not including any other coin influx.

In addition, 1m & 5m cards etc. from daily BH, and Perfect Tokens of Best Luck bring in 5m a piece every time they spawn.

Lastly, every single item gotten from mobs, quests, WS, Lunar, and/or whatever else which is NPC'd and has a coin value brings more coins into the server.

Say there are 2 cultures
    One has food but no water, the other water but no food.
    People trade regularly; food for water, water for food.

As time passes water becomes more and more plentiful for the water culture. People from their town are able to offer larger and larger amounts of water for food. Food stays the same and as it is more scarce it is more valued. Smaller amounts of food can be traded for greater and greater amounts of water. There is no shortage at all in the water supply like there is for food.

Coins are the water.
    Too many exist.
    When you buy tokens to get Crab Meat, no coins disappear from the server you just hand them to somebody else.
    When you buy NV3 mold service, Shards, Armors, Socket Stones, HP Charms, Dragon Orbs, anything at all from another player or shop. The coin doesn't disappear. All it does is change hands.

So more and more coin is constantly spawning into existence day after day, week by week and it isn't going anywhere. This makes gold, packs, and every single item in the game more and more valuable because the coin you use to buy it becomes worth less and less.

You WANT people to have an incentive to spend mass quantities of coin at NPCs, you WANT the exact sort of coin sink the OP described. We NEED to have something to spend our coin on at NPCs where it will disappear and not just change hands. For that to happen it MUST be something worth doing.

When less coin exists, its value will go up.
    Item and Gold prices will go down.
    Farming will slowly become more and more viable like it was in the past.

May be a fair point so what would you suggest. Better HP / MP pots from NPCs would that work as a coin sink?
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    heero200 said:

May be a fair point so what would you suggest. Better HP / MP pots from NPCs would that work as a coin sink?

Yes, if pots better than crab meat were put in an NPC shop that would for example help.
    We've gone so far off the deep end though that just that won't be enough. We have to provide enough incentive to spend coins at NPCs to even out the amount of money flooding the servers otherwise the problem just keeps getting worse.

This is what causes inflation and raises prices of everything.
    Less coin on the server = coins are more valuable and worth more = lower prices

alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    daymond wrote: »

Yes, if pots better than crab meat were put in an NPC shop that would for example help.
    We've gone so far off the deep end though that just that won't be enough. We have to provide enough incentive to spend coins at NPCs to even out the amount of money flooding the servers otherwise the problem just keeps getting worse.

This is what causes inflation and raises prices of everything.
    Less coin on the server = coins are more valuable and worth more = lower prices
    Yeah, pretty much this. Or other boutique-only remedies or items like teleport stones, refining aids, vitae/star chart items, ect.

It needs to be optional things though. Doing something like a mega-increase to the repair fees, or any other forced spending just hurts then little guy, and has little impact on the rich.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    Options
    OK good start. I'm not going to log this until we have the info we want. I'm thinking of an item to enhance the token pots but also what about an NPC that can change his sale items. The rate they give out tele stones n insence wow could put that on the list. People would use them. 1/2 star dragon orbs hell i got a stack in my bag anywayz not tradable or upgradable of course. As usual I'm no where near a computer so cant look. Sorry throwing ideas around again.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    In terms of a coin sink, I'm pretty sure the GMs did something a while ago where they had some kind of lottery event, where you would in-game mail them coin/big notes and there were fixed prizes for anything over a certain amount and then a super prize for the top three highest 'donations'. I think it was a S pack (guaranteed random S) or Scroll of Tome iirc.

The reason this has immediate noticeable impact is because most of the coin is held by <10% of the server, with the server merges it's only natural to see quite a significant price rise.

The ones most affected by inflation are the 'farmers', as they have a fixed coin income, whether it's from TT mats, FSP coin sales, etc their income does not increase much with inflation, so feel the pain the most from it. Merchants couldn't care less whether inflation is bad or not as long as they still have access to be able to buy gold, whether it's through AH or off world chat, they just make a margin %, increased competition is the only thing that brings down their profit margins. CSers again couldn't care less about inflation as prices rise gold value rises so they're pretty unaffected.

The way this game is heading there really isn't a whole lot to farm anymore, long gone are the Nirvana days, even in 2x there's very little to actually farm, and people really need to change their mindset about how to make money in the game, they need to merchant more and ofc this takes a bit of farming to create a pool of coin to start off, and for some that cannot run a catshop 24/7 I can understand this shift is pretty annoying.

We also have way too many people that are pretty clueless and blame CSers/Merchants for the high prices in this game, you can't even have a discussion with those kind of people that are just foaming at the mouth and have their pitchforks ready. Gold price is loosely determined by two factors, the amount of coin on the server, and the current demand for gold. If anything CSers help bring prices down, by periodically increasing the amount of gold supply available, thereby selling merchants gold cheaper than 'normal' and then those merchants can sell their items cheaper than other merchants in order to maintain the same margin.

The biggest indicator of inflation is really the high value items, for example scroll of tome, I remember when I bought one for 600m around 1 and a half years ago, this has almost tripled to ~1.6bn.

Imo the real elephant in the room here is BH rewards, it was fine when people were just doing them on their mains and a few alts, but after the 95 pill where people got insta 100 also, there are trains of alts getting coin cards. If they fix that the same as they 'fixed' botting, they will just remove the coin cards. Whereas a more appropriate fix would be to either change the BH to AEU or FSP or hell even UCH, as Snake and 3-1 are way too pill baby friendly. Now before you all shoot me for suggesting it, think about the amount of coin that is being dumped into the economy due to it and the long term effects of this on the game. If they added a farmable instance that gave tradeable Nebula dust orbs (non energy increasing) and removed BH coin cards I think people would be ok with it.

TL:DR
    Coin creation: BH rewards, Tokens of Best Luck, Botting, TW rewards, Jolly Jones
    Coin circulation: CSers, Merchants
    Coin sink: Lel none worth mentioning

Coin sink is all well and good but could prove difficult to implement, so if we want to address the key issue of inflation we should tackle it at source, at coin creation. Remove BH coin cards/Jolly jones and replace them with a coin circulation type value reward instead, i.e. an item that has value to other players. I'd say a War Avatar Catalyst xD
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457