Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody in there... Just smile if you can hear me...

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Thanks for all the kind words you guys. I realize that I have a pretty lofty task ahead of me, but I am going to be doing what I can. :)

I still have a lot to learn about PWI, so if you need answers to something I know which cages I can rattle for help.

I have a winged elf right now, but Im thinking that its not very attune to my play style so Im probably going to reroll. And no this toon will not have GM powers. I don't get down like that so I'm going for a manual trip up the leveling ladder. :)
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Here's how i would suggest classes based on how you want to play

if the archer was your winged elf class of choice it's no wonder it's not your playstyle. They are a dying class and hardly anyone plays them.
    As a cleric (the arcane ultimate healer class of the winged elves) i like having the power over life and death in game. someone in squad ticks you off for no good reason, refuse to give them res when they die and either make them lose exp by going back to town, or they quit squad, either way i'm good. also have four primary defensive buffs, and Violet Dance mode play is wicked.
    If you're looking to try a new class i would suggest anything other than a veno, unless you want to spend hours trying to tame and collect strong pets, then leveling each one up, working on each one's skills and the evolution. Veno's are sexy no doubt (got that part human part wild animal thing going for them) but making a good one takes a ton of effort.
    Mystics are complicated as they are kind of a veno fuzed with a cleric. They have four main skillsets. First are the summons, they're like veno pets and help in combat, but unlike a veno pet are not meant to hold agro off you. then come the plants. These plants are used to inflict either damage or status effects and you can have more than one summoned at a time, which leads to the spell Lysing where you kill the plants to make a powerful small aoe explosion causing damage and various effects. then they have their heal skills including their own version of reviving the dead, and then their main attack spells. this class takes dedication
    If you like aps go for an assassin or blademaster. sin is the easier of the two, as the blademaster has a wide versatile weapon use, and each type of weapon has it's own skill tree. but keep in mind sins are a dex class and their high crit rate with fast attack combined with damage amplifying Subsea Strike they hit hard
    If you're the ultimate spell caster type i would go Stormbringer first cause of the mobile casting. Psychic second because they channel wicked fast and hit hard. Wizard last because it's the most challanging in my opinion to do.
    If you're looking to tank Barbarian is the top choice as they have the most hp of any class, but seekers make for decent tanks too as they tend to be a high vitality build after getting the minimum stats for gear.
    Last is the Duskblade. i've only played this class a little bit, but this is definately one of the most interesing of the classes. They are dex based, are considered a melee class but ranged damage (phys and mag) gets reduced dependng on how far the attack is away from your Duskblade, They require effort as their strong points are the combo skills. Some skills can't be used until the primary skill for the combo is used, and u have to use the next skill within a time limit. Add all that to the duskblade exclusive unpurgeable Paralyse status effect, this class has the abilty to block your actions from a distance then get close and keep your actions locked for a good devastating while. This is a great class for 1v1 PVP

Hope this helps you decide on which class you want to try
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    useful insight

Good effort, but most people would disagree with what you wrote (such is the nature of these forums), but each to their own opinion ehGhIDY.png

A note, the above i presume is for pve and for someone who is starting out, and not with strong gear. Let's recall our noob stories of our very first character.

BM (Blade Master) - Lvl 12, mob lvl 14, i keep on whacking the mob with my weapon, only to have the mob heal the damage up. The game was super broken that day. I spent 20 minutes, and i got the hp down to 13, before the mob put on extra pdef and basically healed itself back up. I learnt my lesson that day. A wooden sword can only deal so much damage. I was still using my starter weapon and using auto attack. Things like skill and putting points in character were all alien to me.

BM - low level - hard to stay alive, but with the OP gear you get from dream chaser, and the free hp, mp charms, the game is so much easier at lower levels.

Other classes i have not played like i did with my bm, all of them with the exception of barb and cleric, did far greater damage at that level to those same mobs that took eons on my bm to kill.

Once you get good gear, the game becomes very easy to solo. All things that required 4~10 people to do before, now only takes one person no matter what class. Good gear - End game gear.​​
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    Thanks for all the kind words you guys. I realize that I have a pretty lofty task ahead of me, but I am going to be doing what I can. :)

I still have a lot to learn about PWI, so if you need answers to something I know which cages I can rattle for help.

I have a winged elf right now, but Im thinking that its not very attune to my play style so Im probably going to reroll. And no this toon will not have GM powers. I don't get down like that so I'm going for a manual trip up the leveling ladder. :)

to get your lvl 0 char up to date you will need a least 1 full year and a half​​
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    I think it would be fun if you'd give us a vague idea of your playstyle and create a forum poll for us to choose your next class. Get some input from us so we feel the love :3
    102/101/102 cleric
  • thenamesdomino
    Sounds like fun... I'm game!
  • cynderangel
    I'll vote once I see the thread :)
    102/101/102 cleric
  • thenamesdomino
    threads up
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    axel320 said:

Welp, I was planning on sending this via PM, but since it was rare I used PMs I didn't even notice until now that they're gone; so I'll just dump this note here. Hopefully it'll make your transition here a bit smoother:

Completely inconsistent punishment of rule infrigment, especially for rules largely seen as archaic because a vast majority of the playerbase has been breaking them for years (account-sharing, 2-accounts-per-person rule) due to (1) the game's tendency to encourage those sorts of actions and (2) the practice of non-enforcement by staff in previous years. Whether you decide to enforce the rules or not, trying to make that enforcement considerably more consistent (rather than 99% of infringements resulting in no punishment and 1% resulting in permaban) would be much appreciated. Do note, as some have mentioned, that actually globally enforcing these rules would probably mean banning at least half of your more serious playerbase.
    Rid of such serious playerbase pwi please, if you can do it.

May be then game can be playable. Those, who have end-game gear because of breaking rules for years must be punished for it.
    ----------------------------
    Welcome to pwi CM Domino.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

axel320 said:

Welp, I was planning on sending this via PM, but since it was rare I used PMs I didn't even notice until now that they're gone; so I'll just dump this note here. Hopefully it'll make your transition here a bit smoother:

Completely inconsistent punishment of rule infrigment, especially for rules largely seen as archaic because a vast majority of the playerbase has been breaking them for years (account-sharing, 2-accounts-per-person rule) due to (1) the game's tendency to encourage those sorts of actions and (2) the practice of non-enforcement by staff in previous years. Whether you decide to enforce the rules or not, trying to make that enforcement considerably more consistent (rather than 99% of infringements resulting in no punishment and 1% resulting in permaban) would be much appreciated. Do note, as some have mentioned, that actually globally enforcing these rules would probably mean banning at least half of your more serious playerbase.
    Rid of such serious playerbase pwi please, if you can do it.

May be then game can be playable. Those, who have end-game gear because of breaking rules for years must be punished for it.
    ----------------------------
    Welcome to pwi CM Domino.
    Its not just high end players nor do they have high end gear for breaking rules generally. Lack of enforcing rules has created situation where everybody is breaking certain rules. Vast majority of ingame spouses(and close friends) share their account information, lot of people have access to old accounts who had their player quit or just made more than 2 accounts for convenience.

The problem is also how this game promotes multi accounts. Want to solo TT? You need 4 toons to open the instance. Want to PV? Only 1 instance can be opened per day, which results ppl using alts/inactive friends to open more instances for them. Add on top of all that the non account bound **** from promos, where you benefit for having access to multiple accounts.

If PWE wants to start enforcing those rules, they should inform players before doing so because right now enforcing rules would mean banning half of your playerbase. The main hit would be among more active players, who spend majority of the money this game makes. Personally I would let these offenses slide trough as long as there is nothing extreme in them, like selling ones account for real money for example. Certain advantages, like levels from having multiple PV openers in past, would only solidify the advantage gained from breaking ToS if these rules would be enforced.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    welcome to the crazy train! hope we do not chase you away too fast, but yes when enforcing rules might have to go in a with a fine tooth comb, there is always people obviously breaking rules, then others who do not intend on or even might know about them.

as a side note, lookin farward to having new communication and more contests and things, been so long cannot wait to see what you have hiding!
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • niajade
    niajade Posts: 78 Arc User

Here's a tip of where you can start in game.
    Step 1) log on to any server
    Step 2) find some remote place on map to hide (you must be hidden for this to work)
    Step 3) get your ban trigger ready
    Step 4) watch World Chat while remaining hidden
    Step 5) ban people in World Chat as needed
    Note that if you are not hiding and the server finds out you are on. World Chat will become instantly clean. So hide and be ready to ban some people

But ...PWI is even MORE entertaining when people are raging in world chat.....
    Yestermoon - SB | Dawnglory
  • j1inlove3
    j1inlove3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Welcome Domino!!! Its awesome that u coming to here also WEWT
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    Welcome home Domino. We are very pleased to meet you. Please make yourself at home. Cookies are hidden in the faction base, help yourself at any time. :)

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    Welcome, welcome!

Nice to see you :>

Hope you enjoy it here :D
    ​​
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    Hello and welcome
    m5arXCN.png
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    I'm currently in the process of leveling up a few characters here in PWI, and I have many many plansssssss in store for you.

I'm scared. He speaks Parseltongue. tiger-18.gif Hello and welcome, Domino. ヾ(・ω・。)シ As a community, we look forward to working with you.​​
  • ellany
    ellany Posts: 35 Arc User
    Big hugs Domino.... and good luck
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Welcome!! \(^-^)/
    May you have fun, enjoy the forums, community and game! :smiley:

Awesome song btw! <3
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    Glad to have you Domino, but as fast as we run through CMs here on PWI, best of luck!
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Good to see we are not completely abandoned and forgotten and now have a real CM, who really does play the game fox-1.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    Welcome Domino. Seems there is a Cm after all. Do be careful though, we are a bunch of crazy peeps. x)

• altera#5699
    altera#5699 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Greetings Domino!

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
    Mutiny (Retired) - Blademaster (Tideswell)
    AItera (fully operational) - Seeker (Tideswell)
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    Welcome!
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • thenamesdomino
    Leveling on Etherblade. :) The grind is real. O.O
  • cynderangel
    Hey now, you can't just tell us this without telling us what class you went for.

But welcome to our world X3
    102/101/102 cleric
  • missilou
    missilou Posts: 7 Arc User
    Welcome
  • manbaby
    manbaby Posts: 33 Arc User
    goodluck to ya domino! good to see a CM engaging actively with the community again :)
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    A few days late to saying this but welcome to our game Domino! It's good to have a new CM and especially great having one that's active in the game. Very glad to have you here with our community!
  • doods00
    doods00 Posts: 106 Arc User
    we have a cm again? well lets hope you are more then just a sounding board and can get things accomplished. good luck to thee!