Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody in there... Just smile if you can hear me...

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Lyrics to one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs in their greatest album, The Wall. Most fitting if I do say so myself... Hello Everyone! I just wanted to jump in here and formally introduce myself...

They Call Me Domino and It's a pleasure to meet you.

So the stars have aligned and the clouds have parted and now there's a new kid in town, that being said, we're all going to get to know each other very well round these parts.

THAT'S RIGHT NEW FRIENDS!!! I'M GOING TO BE YOUR NEW COMMUNITY LIASON!!!

For those of you who may or may not know me, I've been with the company for a few years. I've been assisting Blacklight: Retribution (our First person Shooter) with their community needs as well as Forsaken World.

I'm currently in the process of leveling up a few characters here in PWI, and I have many many plansssssss in store for you.

What are they? Well, you're just going to have to stick around and find out. If you come across me online, don't hesitate to shoot me a friend request. I hope that in time you guys will allow me to be a sounding rod, a voice as you will for the things you need.

I have a fairly unique management style when it comes to community and you shall see that soon as well, but more than anything for now, I just wanted to clear the air, munch on some Bathroom Toast, and bid you greetings. :)

Comments

• sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    Yay! Welcome Domino, everyone has been waiting for you. :)
    OqejO6Y.png
  • thenamesdomino
    edited October 2015
    ...............................................................................................................

Sheepie... How long have you known me.... You can't say such things! It might just go to my head *Becomes Drunk With POWER!!!!*
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    Welcome, Domino! You poor soul tiger-50.gif​​
  • sheepclouds

...............................................................................................................

Sheepie... How long have you known me.... You can't say such things! It might just go to my head *Becomes Drunk With POWER!!!!*

What I imagine:

OqejO6Y.png
  • thenamesdomino
    Dont Make me unleash my army of minions!!!

...... Dangit.
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    no those are some good minions. hey there domino. welcome to the madness that is PWI
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • alaia#4592
    alaia#4592 Posts: 23 Arc User
    Welcome Domino o/

Dhalie : : Mystic : : Tideswell
  • sheepclouds

Dont Make me unleash my army of minions!!!

...... Dangit.

Puppies! So cute! ... ahem

I will call forth a hero to face your minions! :)

OqejO6Y.png
  • krian090590
    +100 to sheep's use of Puss in Boots
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    hope you survive longer then the other :/

Welcome :)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • thenamesdomino
    I shall counter with.... LEEEEZARD!!!

• groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    Welcome domino. Tighten up your wig daddy.. we are a bit of a rancorous bunch.
    --
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• krian090590
    hmm... lizard. is that +100 or +150? making these points up at random
    Etherblade Server
  • sheepclouds

Don't trust the lizards, they will switch sides on you! :)

OqejO6Y.png
  • krian090590
    ah, let's just make it +9000 to domino for his bravery to face the PWI community. good luck
    Etherblade Server
  • krian090590
    edited October 2015

Don't trust the lizards, they will switch sides on you! :)

the lizard is simply luring its dinner into a false sense of safety
    Etherblade Server
  • sheepclouds

ah, let's just make it +9000 to domino for his bravery to face the PWI community. good luck

I agree! ;)

OqejO6Y.png
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Welcome to the jungle! ​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Aw ****, guys. We finally got a new one.

5NlOE1L.gif

Welcome Domino.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Welcome to the.... er... yeah.

I'm sure you'll be pretty busy for the next couple of days catching up on the past 5 pages of General Discussion. It would be nice if we could get some responses to some things.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thenamesdomino
    Shoot me a general list of things to look at. It may expedite the process some. :)
  • sylenthunder
    I'm trying to, but apparently arcgames.com is down, and they removed the PM option in the forum. I'm getting 502 gateway errors on the sites.​​

​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Welcome.

Awww and I was all set up for this Weeks Maintenance Thread as well... I shall now retreat to my Suggestion Box. Haha.

Welcome again Look forward to Talking to you and helping out where I can.

Heero.
    ​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Welcome Domino! We've gone though quite a few community managers recently, hopefully you'll be around a while. Take the complaints with a grain of salt, Perfect World has its problems but it's still a great game overall. These forums just collect the naysayers.

My best advice for you is to be vocal. We are so frequently left in the dark about what's happening. Even if you don't know the answer to something just say "I don't know", because we usually just get silence on everything.
  • sylenthunder
    Ok, sites are working, and I got the friend request. Cannot send a message until we're friends, which is the main reason that removing the PM option from the forum was one of THE stupidest moves ever.​​

​​
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    Welcome! Don't let the community's occasional raging scare you away; we're really not a bad bunch once you get to know us.
    capnk wrote: »
    My best advice for you is to be vocal. We are so frequently left in the dark about what's happening. Even if you don't know the answer to something just say "I don't know", because we usually just get silence on everything.

I agree with this, definitely. A lot of issues that we ask about are likely things that will take time to get fixed, but just having someone report in that it is being looked at is helpful, and give occasional progress reports if any new information comes to light. In general, the biggest complaint here is the lack of communication, because we never know if problems are being acknowledged or just being ignored.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Welcome to the game & community Domino... :)
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Hello and welcome Domino. I hope you will stick around for some time as we have been in bad need for a decent CM. Not saying tho others before you have been bad, no no. Just be prepared for the most ungrateful community in the history of Online-gaming :D
  • roziveru
    roziveru Posts: 37 Arc User

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Welcome!
    I hope you will be able to stick around for a good while. We haven't had a CM in a long time and the previous ones didn't really last. You will encounter a lot of complaining, raging and shouting, but I hope it won't scare you away! Like it's been mentioned, take the complaints with a grain of salt as they might sometimes be exaggerations or may not fully reflect what the majority of the playbase thinks.

Please make sure you communicate with us a lot. If you have no new information, just say so. We would rather know that you have no information over a matter than know nothing at all. Most players here are tired of the lack of communication. We are often kept in the dark, especially when we have no CM. The other GMs do what they can, but having a dedicated CM makes a difference. So remember, even if there is nothing at all you can do or nothing new to tell, just tell us you don't know!

See you around!