Tideswell: Tempest vs Vicious 19/09/15

2»

Comments

• ward1987
    ward1987 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    They can get like that with transferring powers yes. Congrats on the newly assigned mod role

On second thought. Why let them win right?... Whoever you are. Whichever server you play on. Remember who keeps you inside your base.

Inb4closedthread
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • ward1987
    That was my first thought as well... the irony behind it is intoxicating. But I'm the one filled with contradictions and all so whatever. Let's move on, we got more entertaining and important things to talk about.

Sax have you had a chance to view this weeks video of goonz and compare with this weeks video of DarkSkiesx? I like to view them side by side sort of to fill the lane or edit gaps :)
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    darkonome said:

For others like probably Eoria, Andres and myself, TW is serious business, building organizing and leading factions is something we've put a lot of time and effort into over the last few years and the fun is from the sense of satisfaction of achieving something together with loyal people you've met in the game and friends of friends as a big community. We spend time during the week organising squads thinking about strategies, helping squad leaders get better, so people like you can log on and have a fun TW for 3hours that weekend, you'd be surpirised at how many people actually want an organised well led TW, rather than a cluster **** pk fest.

Nowadays especially there is a lack of people that are willing to put in that time to do that anymore. They just want to sit back and let someone else drive.

I pretty much decided to ehh "sit back and let someone else drive" a few months ago due to IRL circumstances I don't care to get into as well as general burnout and I don't really regret it, tbh. Three years and **** gets tiring. Especially when you didn't exactly sign up to make a damn powerhouse guild in the first place, but got forced into it because a couple guilds couldn't get over the last two guilds your group made. Sigh...

Only thing was when people tried to get me to still lead when I came back after being dead to the world for a few months or the whole "don't leave; this guild is dead without you" sentiment that I got upon server merge and my subsequent leaving guild for my own sanity. Such sentiment is highly infuriating, especially when it comes from people that haven't lifted a finger to help out. But server merge forced a lot of players' hands anyway 'cause suddenly having to tw at 8am+2pm instead of 2pm+8pm meant a lot of people could not attend period instead of at least being available for the later timeslot on top of many seeing it as a good opportunity to quit.

I was a trash TW lead anyway and knew it and only did it if there was no better option available. I could organize it via squadlists for everyone else and that was my main role outside of general day-to-day stuff, sure, but actually leading was never my forte due to my own shortcomings on top of just not being able to command authority over other players in TW like the other TW leads did. Granted, one could say it's a good thing to know when to delegate things out to other people that were simply better at it.
  • ojhr
    ojhr Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Sorry for commenting on extremely old comments but Attacker wasn't making an excuse. He was just providing information. If you knew him, you would know he doesn't make excuses for a loss in tw. He just wants to pew pew and have a tw that lasts no longer than 1.5hrs :)

In response to the thread, There are multiple things we need to work on in TW but expressing them does not mean we are making up excuses for a loss or butthurt. It is simply stating facts. A consistent 80, better strategies, better squad build ups, better communication, and even better gear are all challenges that we are working to improve. This isn't the first time we've been in the losing seat and wont be the last. What we've always done was grow from the experience and move forward.

I'm not sure how people reacted to losses on DW but if you had any knowledge on what goes on in vent after TW, I discuss things that we need to work on and admit my own short comings. No shame in that. The A+C lane rush was a great example of it. I was thrown off and reacted too slowly which caused a mega loss. **** happens and the first step to improvement is acceptance.

I think the most reasonable person her is probably Eoria. Though the are speaking from a general perspective they are right in many ways. The recent attendance drop does warrant action and leading out of obligation is extremely tiring. Not just in TW, but also leading a faction and dealing with the day to day nonsense.

@Andres, No disrespect but even if you have good ideas, your delivery throws the message off. I know we are all behind a computer screen but be a bit respectful. It's all fine and dandy to be passionate about the game and what should be happening, but be yourself dude. When people talk to others like you do on the forums, they usually get the **** slapped out of them in real life. Be yourself and turn the volume down a notch or two.

Hope all is well with everyone and have a nice night. See the tempest folks in TW this weekend.

~Nuff
    Post edited by ojhr on
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Ok, cleaned up the thread.
    samurai-28.gifKeep it civil, and on-topic now, or I'll just lock it down.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    I'm not sure if people thought I was trolling or some post below me got removed that they responded to and it's given a weird view, though I don't see much saltiness in my previous post nor troll attempt, just saying lighten up and have some fun as well, TW isn't supposed to be a job tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    dblazen1 said:

I'm not sure if people thought I was trolling or some post below me got removed that they responded to and it's given a weird view, though I don't see much saltiness in my previous post nor troll attempt, just saying lighten up and have some fun as well, TW isn't supposed to be a job tiger-18.gif​​

For what it's worth, I don't see anything wrong with your posts and quite a few of the posts in here are really over the top (mine included) and making me double-take with a "are you serious?" (the wall of text in response to attackerv simply stating a fact is probably the most glaring one).
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Nah, I pulled out all the posts that were basically just personal attacks instead of discussing the actual topic. They got moved off to the super special hidden forum. fox-1.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ward1987
    You missed some random troll posts that were a page long and me getting baited into responding. Pretty much.

@Nuff. Thank you for a great review from your point. I'm glad to see someone from Vicious coming in and owning it rather than just making an excuse or calling this whole thing "winning A battle not A war". Thank you for clarifying attacker intentions too. He's a great archer and I love his videos. However, when you are making a point and someone just comes and says "this statement isn't true because of this completely circumstantial event" you're also gonna get looked at funny in real life. Are you not?

I talk no different than your Marshall Ulquiorra, you check his ego and I'd be more than happy to check mine. I'm glad you realize that this isn't me. I have a few new and old friends in vicious as you probably have made new friends from Tempest. The last thing I like is to act irrationally. But when your marshals go on world chat about the faction I'm in and represent the way he goes. Expect us to hold you all accountable for his words.
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • ojhr
    We have our talks. You should have seen him before he joined Vicious LOL. Sometimes zeal gets the better of us and well...you know what happens :smile:

Anyhow, keep bringing the heat in TW.

~Nuff
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    saxroll said:

More than you can imagine did.

saxroll said:

bhaven said:

saxroll said:

More than you can imagine did.

People geared up their toons and then joined vicious or tempest or whoever was #1 specifically for lame, <1hour rolls?

Okay.</p>
    People like winning, they want to be in the best faction. Why do you think evenly matched top tier TWs are so damn rare? Pre merges people could put so much gear & numbers in one faction there really wasnt much rest of the server could do to stop it. On merged servers its gonna be way more difficult but when population declines to certain point we will see more of 1 dominant TW faction per server again.
    ?
    Vicious and QQme had plenty of 3 hour TWs.
    dblazen1 said:

I'm going to be a party pooper here and say this;

This thread should be renamed to "Taking TW too seriously: the thread."

I sometimes wonder who actually plays this game for fun anymore tiger-18.gif​​

? this whole thread is about creating an environment for fun TWs...
    ojhr said:

We have our talks. You should have seen him before he joined Vicious LOL. Sometimes zeal gets the better of us and well...you know what happens :smile:

Anyhow, keep bringing the heat in TW.

~Nuff

your attitude is one that vicious needs to adopt again. you stepping down was one of the worst things that happened to vicious in its long history, not that you were wrong to do so. I have always admired your leadership, i hope the rest of vicious follows suit once again for the sake of TW. We all know what it's like to have a down and out #2 faction. boring as hell and that's when good people start quitting.
  • ward1987
    This week has been refreshing. It's good to see great attempts from Vicious core coming out... you guys made us sweat this war, it was a great tactical move. With a bit more of precision it would've been deadly it certainly scared a few of us in faction. That "Crystal Durability loss over 25%" is something we haven't seen since the 7 way gank.

As a sidenote, somebody needs to put the effort in making the Tideswell TW reports again. To be able to read about what happened this weekend I think would be productive for the entire server in case PWI allows a deeper level of coordination when and if they ever release cross server NW. I envision it like World v World that you can see in another free to play game.

Tideswell looks strong. The merge has provided fun challenges to every level of TW. It seems that every faction has an equal now and we're no longer just playing cat and mouse with 10-15 minute wars like we were pre-merge... That's an amazing feeling from where I stand.

Having the pleasure of having squadded with Leni, plus meeting you and Incredible gives me hope about the future of our rivalry. Mostly I hope for both our factions to realize. Not all Tempest acts like andres. Not all Vicious acts like Ulquiorra_. PK drama can and will happen. Leave it to the individuals rather than the factions and we will love this rivalry for a long long time!

Great fight.
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • ynwa77
    ynwa77 Posts: 25 Arc User
    Pancakes anyone? :D
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    Vici was full 80 last TW. My buff psy basically came in TW buff and went out every 10-20min depending on if my TW main is near the base. or my main have to go outside for psy buff. so I can check if vici is on full 80 every 10-20min in TW. I just provided more accurate info when some1 claim some thing I didn't think it was true.

I am an inactive player, no much time for pwi. now 20min daily for sky lvl is already too much to me. so no time to edit TW video even video still was in my computer

I don't care TW win or lost as nuff said. I love 20min rolled instead of rolling cuz rolled need more skill survive than rolling. before joining vici, I stayed a small TW faction over one year and lost over one year TW until the faction totally disbanded. When I joined vici, the first TW was 20+ min rolled by QQme, then lots of lost TWs and tied until QQme leadership changed and power switched.

I am a loyal member but I don't care faction too much cuz most of my time and energy is not on pwi. Only my catshops stay there 24/7.

Enjoy the game.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • jsfj
    jsfj Posts: 28 Arc User
    attackerv said:

Vici was full 80 last TW. My buff psy basically came in TW buff and went out every 10-20min depending on if my TW main is near the base. or my main have to go outside for psy buff. so I can check if vici is on full 80 every 10-20min in TW. I just provided more accurate info when some1 claim some thing I didn't think it was true.

I am an inactive player, no much time for pwi. now 20min daily for sky lvl is already too much to me. so no time to edit TW video even video still was in my computer

I don't care TW win or lost as nuff said. I love 20min rolled instead of rolling cuz rolled need more skill survive than rolling. before joining vici, I stayed a small TW faction over one year and lost over one year TW until the faction totally disbanded. When I joined vici, the first TW was 20+ min rolled by QQme, then lots of lost TWs and tied until QQme leadership changed and power switched.

I am a loyal member but I don't care faction too much cuz most of my time and energy is not on pwi. Only my catshops stay there 24/7.

Enjoy the game.

you do know multi logging in tw for bufs ect is a bannable offence. alts your catshops only not to gain a addanvage in tw, i would go all over the forums saying that just me
  • ojhr
    Only butthurt people would report someone for that. With the amount of alt buffing going on in pwi, half the server would be banned if that was actually enforced.
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    So after last weekends pretty dismal performance, especially the shocking loss to the historic rival QQme, and the droves of people leaving Vicious in recent days, I guess this spells the end for Vicious.

We had some good fights, forced me to change how we build and position our squads and how we push lanes, so was a fun experience from that aspect also, thanks for the fun TWs, hopefully the people leaving find stable homes in other TW factions.

Here is my playlist from our TWs this season.
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBN61vwdX3NEJoxrgkBb47rc7ev26za4A
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • ward1987
    Only butthurt I know is DeathProof... Or so did Goonz say. :)

Thank you for a very roller coaster like season Vicious! Plenty of ups and downs and somewhat of a feeling that it was gone too quick. Can't wait to see what happens on the next seasons and who emerges from the constant power shifting. Before we got to start asking for another server merge >.>

Inb4Aeliahwritesanotherquittingpost
    -Andres
    Tempest