I wonder how many players?

Options
I haven't play this game a long time since I can't level fast enough to 100 since I'm around 80-90s something. I forgot what level I was at before not playing after few years.

So I wonder about something, how many players still play PWI? I really do want to play again but the graphic isn't up-to-date on my custom build computer :neutral: I wish it was then I will might join back again. I still want to know, how many players still play this game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Life doesn't have a meaning until you play in PK server.

PK = #1 Most Wanted

Non Pk = Low Life = Boring = No meaning of life

Comments

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    ofc the graphics are still the same and not up to date. very rarely you see a mmorpg uügrade graphics or engine.
    They talked about changing engine to angelika III but that was like.. one year ago or something? dont know if we ever see it.

There are alot of players around playing this game still. not as much as back then ofc but PWI is not as dead as people make it out to be.
    You will have no problems finding squads for any kind, ofc really low lv dungeons might be a bit harder but usually you find people who either need them or want to help out.
    getting gear nowadays is very easy and you dont have to no-life this game anymore to get decent equipment done.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • lagunal8
    lagunal8 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    if you have a custom built computer isnt it faster to just swiftly DL it and see for yourself? >.> jus my thinking. Cause like the concept of custom is suppose to be speed and space.​​
    A.K.A DECEPTISTAR I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... [img]http://asterpw.github.io/pwicons/emotes/tiger-40.gif[/img]
    lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    lagunal8 wrote: »
    if you have a custom built computer isnt it faster to just swiftly DL it and see for yourself? >.> jus my thinking. Cause like the concept of custom is suppose to be speed and space.

Star, don't you think the graphics are pretty on pwi? If OP has custom build pc, i am sure OP can run max settings in all instances of the game. The game is pretty at max settings.

Just a note, you could have 3xgraphics card (1k dollar each) on the motherboard and the game would still suck.

For best results in this game, find a single core over clocked beast processor to use dz7ydAq.png​​
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    jabq wrote: »
    Star, don't you think the graphics are pretty on pwi? If OP has custom build pc, i am sure OP can run max settings in all instances of the game. The game is pretty at max settings.

Just a note, you could have 3xgraphics card (1k dollar each) on the motherboard and the game would still suck.

For best results in this game, find a single core over clocked beast processor to use dz7ydAq.png

And even that might not be enough for all instances on max. graphs. Kitty's 8-core 4,6GHz-clocked CPU (AMD FX8350+) has some issues with running PV95+ smoothly in HD on barb and BM. Guess Tangling Mire+HF+Fissure+"200 mobs taking hits at once"-animations just are too much for even stronger CPUs. Maybe PWI needs something like 6,8GHz-clocked processor to run smoothly everywhere. Especially when recording stuff.

Btw, soften shucks in some instances. GL trying to avoid circles in FWS with all that bright whiteness.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    jabq wrote: »

For best results in this game, find a single core over clocked beast processor to use dz7ydAq.png

And even that might not be enough for all instances on max. graphs. Kitty's 8-core 4,6GHz-clocked CPU (AMD FX8350+) has some issues with running PV95+ smoothly in HD on barb and BM. Guess Tangling Mire+HF+Fissure+"200 mobs taking hits at once"-animations just are too much for even stronger CPUs. Maybe PWI needs something like 6,8GHz-clocked processor to run smoothly everywhere. Especially when recording stuff.

Btw, soften shucks in some instances. GL trying to avoid circles in FWS with all that bright whiteness.

Thats because PWI uses 1 out of the 8 cores you have and ontop of that the AMD FX series has TERRIBLE singlecore performance. so thats your problem. i have no issues running PV100+ and aoeing half the instance on my core i5 OC to 4.2GHz.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • shag1991
    shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Options
    en recording stuff.

Btw, soften shucks in some instances. GL trying to avoid circles in FWS with all that bright whiteness.​​
    Personally my computer is ntn special but it is much better than when i actually started playing the game but now game runs like **** vs then, anyway i dont understand why FWS is so darn bright its blinding at times
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Soften adds an extra layer of processing, just like shadows does, so of course it will tank your FPS.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    From my experiences:
    - A newer processor doesn't neccesarily improve game performance. Probably has to do with the fact that this game is a singlethreaded application, which does not take advantage of multiple cores.
    - A modern 3D videocard only marginally improves performance. I guess most graphics are generated by software for this game.
    - A SSD hard drive to run this game off of makes a HUGE difference in load times on changing areas and whatnot. Highly recommended, especially if you run multiple clients on the same computer. It also reduces/prevents stuttering upon entering new areas or when new players/enemies come into visual range.

As for how many players? Varies per server. Probably still several hundreds at least.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options

I haven't play this game a long time since I can't level fast enough to 100 since I'm around 80-90s something. I forgot what level I was at before not playing after few years.

So I wonder about something, how many players still play PWI? I really do want to play again but the graphic isn't up-to-date on my custom build computer :neutral: I wish it was then I will might join back again. I still want to know, how many players still play this game?

It may seem like more players are on if you have been gone for a while. Only because they merged servers.
    The player population has been on a decline for a while now (PWE will tell you differently). The server merge was the latest thing to make some people leave (all servers are now PvE servers). They even implemented some in game things to try and get old players back, but it hasnt helped much if at all to get them to come back. They implemented new things in game, but its usually only for 100+ level players. Even then you have to go reborn (go back to lvl 1 and back up to lvl 100 again, 2 times) to gain access to some of those things.

Graphics wise, its the exact same game, it wont change in that aspect.

NGTUy53.png