HOW TO MAKE PWI MONEY AND PLAYERS HAPPY

tjwynn
tjwynn Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Suggestion Box
I would like if PWI takes the time to make an unbind scroll of some kind so the players with gear they would like to sell they can and not have it sitting in the bank for years 5-10g per unbind scroll they would sell like crazy I would buy 10 asap to sell off stuff THINK ABOUT IT PWI!!!

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    They have stated recently that they will not create such an item as it completely defeats the security aspect that binding items provides in the first place.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    There is already an "Unbinding Charm" on the "pay-to-play" version of PW in China (this item does only revert the effect of the "Binding Charm" ==> equipment which auto-binds after equipping is not affected).

If every auto-bound item would be non-bound again this stuff would flood the market and no farmer would be able to sell something anymore.

But tbh I'm pretty sure we will never see this option in our version.
    Why? Because you could bind your gear, refine it with free orbs, unbind it and sell it.
    Non-autobinding gear which is farmable in Lunar would be obsolete.

Mainly big merchants (they get free ocean orbs for spend rewards) and botters/ppl with tons of accounts would benefit at the end.
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    It really is tempting to want a unbinding scroll, I would probably use many myself.
    But I do worry about the effect such an item would have on the economy...everyone unbinding G16 TT gear and selling it to try to fund R9.

I think I would prefer it if the unbinding item was REALLY expensive so people think carefully before using one and selling bound items. And giving them a high price might limit the effect on the economy.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    I can see the benefits of having the item and a lot of drawbacks. Someone already pointed out they could use the item to use certain refining aids then unbind the item and sell it off.
    Of course that can be remedied by just making it so it removes refines and shards once unbound and then making it so that once the next person equips the item it will bind to them and if they want to sell it they'll have to buy their own unbinding charm.
  • tjwynn
    tjwynn Posts: 5 Arc User

They have stated recently that they will not create such an item as it completely defeats the security aspect that binding items provides in the first place.​​

so they have no way to code something in to make it not work on like r9 or items that was +ed with orbs that have to be bound to do so?

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I think something like this could work if it took a week or two to unbind bound gear, just like how Genies need a week to change from "untrade-able" to "trade-able" and maybe add a restriction on what gear you can use it on (eg. no rank gear, no gear that has been unbound before).

Buuuut it's not gonna happen.
    ​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    tjwynn wrote: »
    They have stated recently that they will not create such an item as it completely defeats the security aspect that binding items provides in the first place. so they have no way to code something in to make it not work on like r9 or items that was +ed with orbs that have to be bound to do so?
    Oh no, coding it would be pretty easy.

You can still un-bind gear, it just destroys it in the process. It will take me longer than I have atm to find the post, but they clearly stated that the ability to un-bind gear outside of the existing process goes against the purposes they have intended.

Also, comparing PW1 to PW2 is pointless. The Pay-to-play version is completely separate from the FTP version. You might as well compare ours to a private server.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    This is a most requested Item.

For this reason alone I cant log this.

Just for something to keep in mind... We all said Name Change would never come to PWI. Lets think like this for now. Not going to Log.

Thanks.
    ​​
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    You'd need to also implement a third item that prevents unbinding gear from being possible - for those of us who use the binding charms as an additional layer of security against losing gear due to account hijacking. Unbind stones would be a lot cheaper then a stolen bound +12 NW cube neck for instance (not to mention a Crown of Madness), so yea... such an item would be highly sought after by account thieves.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • heerohex#3018
    You'd need to also implement a third item that prevents unbinding gear from being possible - for those of us who use the binding charms as an additional layer of security against losing gear due to account hijacking. Unbind stones would be a lot cheaper then a stolen bound +12 NW cube neck for instance (not to mention a Crown of Madness), so yea... such an item would be highly sought after by account thieves.

Indeed This is the big reason for Not doing this. Tho I think a 2 Week or even 4 week unbind on this would be funny and would do the trick. Like I said they said other things would never come to PWI...

Thanks,
    ​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    What I want to see is some items to transfer gems from one piece of gear to another.
    And I don't mean an item with a crazy expensive cost as chienkun to transfer refines tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• heerohex#3018
    dblazen1 said:

What I want to see is some items to transfer gems from one piece of gear to another.

And I don't mean an item with a crazy expensive cost as chienkun to transfer refines tiger-18.gif​​

You know the servers use gold not power like normal servers. Explains the expensive.

With something like this it wold prob be costly. As you would never need new if it was cheap. Nice idea tho.