demon or sage?personal or business?

Options
just curious,did you choose sage or demon based on stats?or personal stuff?

i chose demon based on personal stuff

Comments

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options
    I chose sage cause I wanted so.
    giphy.gif

• projectlegion
    projectlegion Posts: 61 Arc User
    Options
    mind if i ask what exactly is that in your signature?
  • bloodedone87
    Options

Just a girl dancing. Name: Kikuchi Moa known as Moa Metal from jpop metal band Babymetal.
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options

Just a girl dancing. Name: Kikuchi Moa known as Moa Metal from jpop metal band Babymetal.
    The band is awesome, but his sigs....

Anyway...
    I originally chose Sage due to the benefits for a cleric supporting a squad. However I ended up demon (due to autopath failure and me being half asleep), and it fits my play style a lot more.

The best way to choose is to compare the benefits of the skills you use the most, and then decide based on that. Also, Sage tends to be geared more towards squad/support and Demon more towards PvP. That isn't always a clear-cut scenario though.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Options
    I choose sage for everything because I'm an angel o:)
    102/101/102 cleric
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Chose demon for my veno because of the skills bonus. I do more damage with them than I would have done with sage (although, sage veno has that hp reduction on soul degeneration that I wish I'd have on demon. Ah well, can't have them all)

My cleric is sage for better support party
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    My mystic is demon because he's based on the movie character Matthew Patel who has mystical powers and summons demon hipster chicks. I do like the demon playstyle though; I lose some pve power but I gain a lot of tricky stuff in pvp.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I chose Demon for Desdi because I liked the skills, "Demon" sounds cooler than "Sage" and the Demon fairies (especially the last one) are way better. Bonus point, I like Momaganon more than Lothranis, but I didn't know about those maps until I actually got my level 89 cultivation.

Cleric went Sage purely because I wanted to try the Sage quest-lines and all that, back when FCC was still new and people still did quests to level up. However, due to some circumstances I ended up playing a Demon Cleric. I like both personally, but I love Demon's quicker Revive and Sage's quicker Purify. Psychic went Sage because I liked the skills better. Mystic was gonna go Sage too, but I stopped playing it.

Well, now I mostly play a Sage Venomancer because I wanted to try something new, but not necessarily a new class. Demon is still #1 for me, but I reached a dead end, enable to further improve my game play. I wasn't "pro" or "best", definitely not, but I saw that I had stopped improving so Sage gave me an excuse to learn something new and improve again.

For someone who absolutely loves Demon and everything around it, I sure as heck ended up playing lots of Sage characters. RM8GEJh.png
    ​​
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    I chose sage for business. I knew I would be a sage bm far before I ever got to the level to pick it because I knew at end game I wanted those chi saves to stun lock the crud out of my enemies and CC like a boss while maintaining as much chi as possible. Also the damage and extra defense from marrows was a big thing to me.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Whatever culti has the best skill adds I prefer.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Kitty's very slightly biased towards sage (though she's quite a demon herself). Her army's 51% sage/49% demon, mainly for cultivations fitting various builds.

E: Kitty checked her army again and remembered that many of her sage chars were made just so Kitty could say "sages are so inferior to demons" with experience on both sage and demon. Only a HA-veno, a psy and a seeker are sages for being slightly better or equal to demon.

Btw, if a single person Q.Q's about this font color, Kitty swaps back to darker she used to use.
    ​​
    Post edited by kittyempressa on
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • columrt
    columrt Posts: 15 Arc User
    Options
    Let's see... I dont have absolutely _all_ of these at their cultis yet but they were decided long ago, and most I have already

Demon Str Barb - for better dps, more fun, PVP, awesome with solo situations as well, feels more like me
    Demon APS Barb - seemed the logical choice for an aps-build
    Sage Vit Barb - Max benefit of the vit build though I'm not fond of the sage skills and dislike the damage
    Demon Cleric - nice balance between support and damage, fun in PVP, can manage his own and purify has no chi cost
    Demon Mystic - simply for the complexity. You have to work more to get everything out of this culti
    Sage Mystic - for easy dps and wanted to try that as well
    Demon HA veno - accidentally chose it but I keep it for the weapon dmg from spark plus demon venos are cool
    Demon AA veno - speed, demon ironwood and all the other demon veno skills are super fun and exciting to me
    Demon Archer - for dps mainly
    Sage Seeker - seems more "seeker-like" cultivation to me, better debuffs etc
    Demon Assassin - TT farming, dps and cause everyone should have one
    Sage Assassin - trying out DPH-style and what not
    Demon Psychic - sage bubble wasnt enough reason for me to go sage and otherwise demon looked far more interesting
    Demon BM - I like quick support which is where BM is good at, also demon is overall better at damage than sage
    Sage BM - wanted one of these also for the longer support and the playstyle from demon differs quite a bit
    Demon Wizard - For channel reduction, better controls
    Sage Wizard - 1 shot or get 1 shotted all the way
    Demon Stormbringer - WAY more fun plus reaper form more often in use
    Demon Duskblade - seems to be better at controls and also looked more like my playstyle

I think that covers it. I didn't want sage veno, archer, cleric, psychic, SB or DB nor demon seeker. None of those seems interesting enough for me to try. Demon cultis were my main choices on every class except seeker.
    ​​
    103/103/101 Demon Strength Barbarian and the army of alts I'm too lazy to list now.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    I chose sage for my main first based on personal choice and second based on skills... or "business" as you put it. I seem to enjoy the sage style of playing better overall. But Demon cleric. I chose it because i thought it was funny to have a "demon" or "evil" healer. It was ironic to me. After playing it I really appreciate some of the skill perks and have a hard time playing a sage cleric.
  • projectlegion
    Options
    well,i always choose demon.for personal reasons,not that i really consider myself such,but demon or sage doesnt leave a whole lot of philosophical wiggle room.

im not even remotely a min maxer,and with enough dedication and learning how to play,most things can be brought to decent effectiveness (if your not into pvp,which im not)

if there was a chaos in edition to sage or demon id go for that instead,but,as it stands its one or the other

im a big fan of movies like chronicles of riddick,and also all of the mad max movies,you know,anti hero type
  • projectlegion
    Options
    makes me wonder if there is anyone else out there that feels opressed by the whole,black or white,"good or evil" thing
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    makes me wonder if there is anyone else out there that feels opressed by the whole,black or white,"good or evil" thing
    I enjoy being Evil, thank you very much. fox-1.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    Options
    And I'm perfectly happy being good :3
    102/101/102 cleric
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    What are talking about? I am a nice person.

giphy.gif

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    Btw, if a single person Q.Q's about this font color, Kitty swaps back to darker she used to use.

This colour is easier to read, thank you kitty.

If you read the quest texts. Sage = pompous folks, demon = down to earth folks who feel pain and joy.​​
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    certain toons i asked what was "better" and was like pulling teeth asking it always seemed. my mystic i went sage becayse the mana demand was crazy and love the defense buff bonus. i have 2 clerics . . . so one of each because why not and they are different. if i know i have to heal i pull out sage, if i can goof around the demon cleric comes out. toons i work on more i do business on finding out, ones i play for giggles i pull straws or flip a coin and go there. the canned response "depends on how you play" always annoys me on a side note for asking.
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • astralwalk
    astralwalk Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    i picked demon veno for business reasons because it also complimented my personal reasons. Plus at the time i would put myself in teh characters position and ask what they would have done given the storyline and how i created my character back then. I used that role playing element until I reached 100 and became jaded by farming for gear and exp....

As for my cleric, she is a tsundere, but i picked sage because i liked what the skills offered more for a pve toon.
    Veno is love. Veno is life.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    cira1818 wrote: »
    the canned response "depends on how you play" always annoys me on a side note for asking.

My response, in terms of PVP, it does not matter VM93JbG.png. You will either be getting one shot, or you will be the one doing "one shotting". Cultivation is irrelevant at that point. Being sage or demon will not help you live in pvp.​​
  • bloodedone87
    Options
    jabq said:

the canned response "depends on how you play" always annoys me on a side note for asking.

My response, in terms of PVP, it does not matter VM93JbG.png. You will either be getting one shot, or you will be the one doing "one shotting". Cultivation is irrelevant at that point. Being sage or demon will not help you live in pvp.​​

What? So based on your comment a r9r3+12 can 1 shot another r9r3+12 player. Hmmm...
    giphy.gif

• lagunal8
    lagunal8 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    define "personal stuff".
    if its NOT stats, then the 'personal stuff' must be hella important if it means ending up gimping yourself >.>
    ​​
    A.K.A DECEPTISTAR I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... [img]http://asterpw.github.io/pwicons/emotes/tiger-40.gif[/img]
    lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    jabq said:

i have always have been a pve player anad i do not intend of pvp, only in nation wars and i always expect to be 1 shot just how it is, i finish my cultis on all toons i have when possible, get them done don't have to worry about it in the end either. i have always asked this demon or sage and added for daily pve play sometimes it changes the answer but not much.
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    Most of the classes i play are either demon or intended to be demon
    demon cleric cause i like the dark side.
    demon sin for aps farming, does much less dph than my partial r9 demon cleric but he can clear TT in half the time
    demon veno cause i use spells over foxform. my only use of foxform is amp, which from what i've seen sage is the better version of amp.
    Sage Barb for the vit build, he's missing some important hp gear but still has about 30k hp when buffed. yes i realize that's not really alot compared to some who are fully geared.
    demon bm for HF
    Sage wizzie to be like my friend's, cause her wizzie is f***ing awesome
    Sage psy cause i mostly play demon culti's
    demon DB for zerk crit
    unsure about demon or sage for my SB
    haven't really played an archer mystic or seeker to decide what i want on them
    My endgame long term goal for this game is to be good with every class, cause that's how i played all other rpg games that i have, and be in a faction and go "what do you still need for your squad?"
    Cleric will always be my fav, cause of those idiots you sometimes squad with and I go. "you wanna be an as$ to me? oh look you're dead. no rez for you. go back to town."
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    Cleric - Demon for mass pvp. If all I did was 1v1, I'd switch to sage.
    Veno - Sage currently since it's not looking like I'll ever bother gearing it. If I would, I'd switch to demon in a heartbeat.
    Mystic - Demon 100% forever and always.
    Mage - Mine is currently demon, but like veno I'd switch cultis if I ever geared it.
    Psy - If I ever bothered to do the culti, it'd be a no-brainer to go sage.
    sb - Unsure currently.​​
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options
    chary said:

Cleric - Demon for mass pvp. If all I did was 1v1, I'd switch to sage.

Veno - Sage currently since it's not looking like I'll ever bother gearing it. If I would, I'd switch to demon in a heartbeat.

Mystic - Demon 100% forever and always.

Mage - Mine is currently demon, but like veno I'd switch cultis if I ever geared it.

Psy - If I ever bothered to do the culti, it'd be a no-brainer to go sage.

sb - Unsure currently.​​

sage stormbringer has its usefullness but as i put it. a stormbringer is the attack mage. so demon would benefit it massivly
    the only downside is lunar guidance and supercell
    sage guidance has a 20% chance to gain a spark, demon gives defense lvl for 15 seconds
    supercell, sage/demon have a chance to gain a second supercell. second cell demon costs 1 spark, second cell sage costs 0 chi
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options
    sage cleric
    sage seeker
    demon sin
    sage psychic
    sage stormbringer turning demon after a full gv
    archers 85 but will be sage
    barb is sage
    other 2 are undecided