So... (unofficial) [Maintenance Discussion] 9/29/15 (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This Thread is incase the GMs Forget and to remind players.
If their is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT. Link to view time zones.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
In the usual standing for maintenance we have a question but first something for next week... May Be...

Etherblade (US West) - - 364125
Twilight Temple (US West) - - 432561
Dawnglory (EU) - - 612534
Tideswell (US East) - - 256413

And now the Question for this week...

What would you like to see or not see in the next Main/Big Update?

Thanks,​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    First reply.

I would like to see something Fresh and more active points for the Dailys. What I don't want to see is new gears any time soon. I still have not caught up from last time!​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    i wish dailys would be removed and we just can get skills on the fly mouse-2.gif

one can dream​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Moar dailies for yet another kind of blood. And moar primal skills that require some super-rare skill books. And yet another boundary and some system that requires doing stuff daily to upgrade for more stats(like star chart) and ofc CSer way to make it OP instantly.​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    fish-45.gif did you first reply your own post​​
  • lagunal8
    lagunal8 Posts: 48 Arc User
    trade in old blood for new blood >.>​​
    A.K.A DECEPTISTAR I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... [img]http://asterpw.github.io/pwicons/emotes/tiger-40.gif[/img]
    lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »

I would like for the next big update to be the Upgrade to the Angelica III engine that they stated they were going to do almost two years ago.
    Might be nice if they had a big update that just fixed bugs that have been around since 2008 also.

And stickied, since we aren't likely to see an official thread. Will change if we actually get one.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I would like for the next big update to be the Upgrade to the Angelica III engine that they stated they were going to do almost two years ago.

+∞ this ...pwi NEED this change in order to at least (semi) compete with other mmos
  • sylenthunder
    alexanade wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »
    +∞ this ...pwi NEED this change in order to at least (semi) compete with other mmos
    Not really to compete, so much as it would be so that the client can actually use the benefits of a PC made since 2005. And maybe DX10 instead of the current DX8/9.​​

​​
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Wow...yet again we have @heero200 stepping up because their is no official thread.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    Looks like we got a log in event starting after maintenance.

--
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I want to see new and better ways to get star chart materials​​
  • goddesskitten
    goddesskitten Posts: 1 Arc User
    I want back the gst or chips back for finish the weapon
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'm up for R10. I'm sick of being stuck with auto attack gear when auto attack doesn't work anymore.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Pipe dream: r9/Matchless/CoM/DoTs/DoDs all farmable in-game via instances. And I don't mean farm coin to buy gold.

I'd like to see less of CS-only **** and endless dailies, but that's also a pipe dream.
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    so you wanna replace endless dailies with endless instance farming... not much difference imo xD
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User

so you wanna replace endless dailies with endless instance farming... not much difference imo xD

I prefer that to dailies. 3:
  • misanno
    misanno Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    change bh snakefist to bh incarcerate, and bh ghost wing into bh mushibelle (prince mushi and princess belle)
    thats what i want to happen,
    oh and dyeable undergarmets
  • sylenthunder
    AAAND THE SERVERS ARE DOWN.

Hopefully there's not some major patch we weren't informed of. bear-1.gif​​

​​
  • projectlegion
    projectlegion Posts: 61 Arc User
    i vote to the modernization for the engine

alot of newer things in the game have updated textures while older things never got updated texture wise.just look at blademaster skill graphics compared to psy or stormbringer
  • midnightstarrz
    midnightstarrz Posts: 81 Arc User
    what i want to see is BH in nirvana... make use of the endless damn keys... ijs...
  • vertgod
    vertgod Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I want to see legit maint posts ... or someone should start paying Heero for doing their job for them.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • bbypebble
    bbypebble Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The NEW DQ SYSTEM promised would be nice. Oh ... I almost forgot... Add different ways to get EVENT GOLD!!! PWI choice to limit the item other than to put money in the game and randomly throw events for it... is anoying. Add a daily or just bring DQ back. You already made the drops completely useless from mobs.
  • heerohex#3018

fish-45.gif did you first reply your own post​​

Yes yes I did lol.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    Is it okay to want some of the old stuff back? Like the old wraith attacks in the race villages? I just liked how it felt that PWI was at war, as the game storyline indicated, and random attack just seemed to be part of that.

Course I'd also like it if ALL the one time events got cameos again. I'm thinking that since they often need to throw/reset so-called 'switches' to get events running, that setting up a script that triggers a randomly event at an odd time intervals (like 11 hours, or 25 hours, something that shifts the event times so that people around the world have events in their time, eventually.)

I'd also like more rep giving quests. Spelling/Grammar/consistency fixes. My sound card to quit choking and dying on any game I play.

Well, feel free to ignore the delusions of someone who feels they can't really do anything because they are leveling TOO fast. <_< That's the biggest downside to what I want, is I don't like the huge xp rewards XD
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    lagunal8 said:

trade in old blood for new blood >.>​​

this times 100! some of my toons have over 60 of these and cant do a thing with them! need those barb bloods more haha. but yes more dailies or way to get the new bloods for more passive skills . . . and more class skills.

as a side i wish an update for the starcharts not to give my barb mag attack and magic penatration bonus or general for heavy class, i guess more like the meridian in that idea.

also want rb/ra 3 for reasons of because
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Is it okay to want some of the old stuff back? Like the old wraith attacks in the race villages? I just liked how it felt that PWI was at war, as the game storyline indicated, and random attack just seemed to be part of that.

Course I'd also like it if ALL the one time events got cameos again. I'm thinking that since they often need to throw/reset so-called 'switches' to get events running, that setting up a script that triggers a randomly event at an odd time intervals (like 11 hours, or 25 hours, something that shifts the event times so that people around the world have events in their time, eventually.)

I'd also like more rep giving quests. Spelling/Grammar/consistency fixes. My sound card to quit choking and dying on any game I play.

Well, feel free to ignore the delusions of someone who feels they can't really do anything because they are leveling TOO fast. <_< That's the biggest downside to what I want, is I don't like the huge xp rewards XD</p>

Honestly from what you're describing, I'd be playing another game and I'd recommend one to you if it wouldn't get censored on the forums, cuz rules. That has almost all of what you're looking for and the base game is now F2P, the update coming in October you'd have to buy though. Its only a 50$ investment for thousands of hours of gameplay.

What I'd like to see in the next update is something, anything good to improve the archer class. But that is too much to ask for or a pipedream entirely. I can't even fight end game duskblades on Etherblade server, there are only 3 of them. But hitting 900s on them just because of their self buff is absurd. You've almost entirely negated the archer class at this point PWI, congratulations!

Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    phmn said:

Honestly from what you're describing, I'd be playing another game and I'd recommend one to you if it wouldn't get censored on the forums, cuz rules. That has almost all of what you're looking for and the base game is now F2P, the update coming in October you'd have to buy though. Its only a 50$ investment for thousands of hours of gameplay.

What I'd like to see in the next update is something, anything good to improve the archer class. But that is too much to ask for or a pipedream entirely. I can't even fight end game duskblades on Etherblade server, there are only 3 of them. But hitting 900s on them just because of their self buff is absurd. You've almost entirely negated the archer class at this point PWI, congratulations!

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure a game which doesn't take 30-50$ per active player on average (F2P games = some pay way more, most pay nothing or almost nothing), won't survive on the market.

* staff costs (developement, maintenance, support, administration, management, upper management, jurists)
    * hardware + provider costs
    * energy costs (maintenance of building + servers)
    * rent, custodians, cleaners
    * taxes and so on

Real world is tough. I agree they made many failures (e.g. typical stupid hire and fire mentality of US Amercians which they did spread all over the world to destroy solidarity and motivations).
    But it's impossible for a single company to break out of the existing system. You have to generate a huge income every month just to survive on the market. And even if they generate enough income to survive, that's not enough for the owners and shareholders. They want PROFIT. Big profit. They believe in "working money" (never saw a working dollar tbh).

Good luck with your "new MMORPG". At the current stage of development all MMORPGs are the same: open world, instances, questing, farming, mob kills, boss kills, looting, gearing up, level up skills, parties, raids, PVP, chatting
    = finger fights.
    The main difference imo is the graphic style (no one cares about the background story anyway).

What I would like to see in a big update? An editor (for houses, NPCs, trees and so on). And best user-generated content should be taken over to the game (there are still so many very ugly NPCs around, we should change that)
  • sylenthunder

Well, feel free to ignore the delusions of someone who feels they can't really do anything because they are leveling TOO fast.
    Wraith attacks still occur, they just aren't announced. They broke that when they reduced the Duke Spam after they gave use packs. (With the exception of Hidden Orchid. That one was announced, but never ever spawned. Now we just don't hear it failing.)​​

​​
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    Servers are back up ladies and gents, start your dailies!
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • heerohex#3018
    phmn said:

Servers are back up ladies and gents, start your dailies!

Enjoy.

Remember you may need codes for next week.

Thanks.