Nation Wars and AFKers

Options
hunterspy1
hunterspy1 Posts: 14 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Nation Wars
BAN THEM from NW. If they aren't Dc'd, Boot them from NW. Make ALL NW items undertradeable if not to make NW unprofitable to those select few that ruin it for everyone else.

If Someone is inactive for 10 mins Boot them from NW and ban them for 1 month from it.

It is beyond a joke those who are avbusing multiple accounts for NW can do nothing and claim rewards for work others do. It makes NW very unbalanced, as those who cheat according to ToS are the ones making the profit and eating those who play NW as it was designed to be played.

Do Something, it is getting worse and worse
Post edited by hunterspy1 on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Someone seems mad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    hunterspy1 wrote: »
    If Someone is inactive for 10 mins Boot them from NW and ban them for 1 month from it.

I recieved a phonecall from my sister in the middle of NW today, I was occupied with it for about 10 minutes. According to your logic I should booted and then banned despite being in the winning squad + nation. Are you serious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You look angry. Perhaps you need a hug?

Leave people be. You're worrying too much. You can't change people's free will to do whatever they want to, don't ever try to do so.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    They should have a system in place to detect AFK alts and get rid of them. What you are proposing is far too extreme. I'd of been banned myself for answering the door and getting a drink of water one of the last time I bothered with NW. Took me all of 15 minutes. But I guess I deserve to lose my account for a month because of that. :\

You look angry. Perhaps you need a hug?

Leave people be. You're worrying too much. You can't change people's free will to do whatever they want to, don't ever try to do so.

This isn't a government, it's a video game. Nothing wrong with having rules of conduct in a game on behavior that is disruptive and harmful to other people's experience.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Well, no matter what sort of system is brought up it will still be bypassed because even I thought 'Ok, I'm sick of seeing people just AFK in the zone area while I'm trying to attack/defend and I end up getting the very least and last place." Same trouble with people joining a fighting then leaving it therefore any point made goes to them if they have better stats.

I'm still unsure of how it determines what, but asides the point. I wouldn't mind that too because well I only use one account during NW because its tough for me to try multiple classes at same time. All I know is you can sorta tell where these alts are when suddenly one nation is dominating the map then on second hour everything evens out.

Sure if we suggest a 10 min wait someone will make sure their alt moves an inch, its silly but they'd still find a way to sap points from those working to defend/attack. b:chuckle I had thought of why not bring the insta-kill Hands but that'd just be a bloody mess. OR, how about a buff that will auto-appear on them after a certain amount of time limiting the points recieved and even though they'd return and fight, there'd still be a limitation of points. Sure it doesn't sound fair for someone who goes afk suddenly for RL matters, but least they aren't kicked out of NW, just needs to be fair for everyone who else who's trying to get enough points too.

I remember seeing a certain Barb from a certain sin on my server just stand idle during a Bridge match. I got slaughtered and there he is just standing there, had wished the guards killed him off and once more, he likely got higher points. So that'd be a nice penelty buff for those who just sit there. (not talking about those who AFK for RL reasons).

1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    BAN THEM from NW. If they aren't Dc'd, Boot them from NW. Make ALL NW items undertradeable if not to make NW unprofitable to those select few that ruin it for everyone else.

It is beyond a joke those who are avbusing multiple accounts for NW can do nothing and claim rewards for work others do. It makes NW very unbalanced, as those who cheat according to ToS are the ones making the profit and eating those who play NW as it was designed to be played.

First of all people using multiple chars to get more tokens are usually not AFKing with the chars more than a few seconds, why? Cause people enter and leave the battles, more you leave/enter more you get pts and tokens at the end, so actually if they let a char AFK 20 minutes in a battle they won't get much out of it, I know a lot of people that tried to mutli-client with an alt and got 0 on the alt cause they was AFKing more than anything on the alt. Do the chars need to battle to get pts and tokens? No once you get 5 minutes of battle you are eligible to get token, but you still need contribution which is obtain by doing the battle or enter/leaving everything you can and that last one you can't AFK as much as some people think.

I see a lot complain about people using 2 chars in NW, saying they do all the job and the alts get reward for nothing, have you tried once to go with 2 chars? It's the most boring thing ever and you work way harder than someone playing one char, you need to constantly enter/leave battle, enter3leave battle give almost no pts and no you wo't see an alt that did AFK 20 minutes in a battle get 3k pts.

It's not against the TOS to multi-client 2 chars in NW, if you are jealous then do it too and stop complaining, if you have any reason to think someone play more than 2 then feel free to report (though it's a waste of time).

And banning the afk people is ridiculous, anyone can have an emergency, could be the phone, the door, heck a sudden urgent need to ****, so yea you can't ban them for that and you can't just go and ban case by case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sure, how about this?
    >Cant leave a battle for the first 2~3 minutes unless it ends or you're knocked out of it
    >5~10 minutes afk on a land/in a battle = back to base
    >If they don't move to another land within 10 minutes after, they're kicked from NW

Seems easy enough.no one will miss a non-combatant anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sure, how about this?
    >Cant leave a battle for the first 2~3 minutes unless it ends or you're knocked out of it
    >If they don't move to another land within 10 minutes after, they're kicked from NW

The first one would work, they could put a 5 minutes minimum that you can't leave unless it end or that you waste all you respawn.

And if AFK for too long getting kick in base is okay too.

But kicking out of NW isn't good cause people can't come back, so if someone have a 10-15 minutes emergency then they lose the rest of the NW? It's a bit unfair, if they get kick in the base then it's fine, someone AFK in the base doesn't affect anyone's playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sure, how about this?

Agreed, with both the first and second proposals.

As for the third one, maybe that needs to be changed to 30-45 minutes, sitting idol in base, though aye even that has its flaws, wouldn't be... cool to have to go run an errand be gone for 31 minutes, and there be an hour or so still left to NW. (Ultimately its just as bella said, sometimes things just come up, and it would be extremely frustrating/irritating to be kicked out of nw completely.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

I agree with kicking them from Nw,i can't really agree with the banned part cause we all have stuff come up in RL.... But I do agree if being away for a certain time and get kick am sure alot should understand because they fully know they was not contributing nothing..Personally if i had something come up in RL an fully knowing i was gone for awhile i would not feel bad getting kick from NW.. At times it really anoying you enter battles an just see toons just hitting up on the NPC cause am sure alot want to Do NW for a nice battle... What is really SAD is the players who are basically maxed end abusing the hell out of it.. What is the purpse of having basically maxed end game gear,already we all know pvp is DEAD..
    Bahamas represent
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    well i seen a system which disconnects u from server if u had afk too long, now to me that seems fair enough . Cause what if yeah u had a phone call or visitor or needed tend to something in RL what would take about 15 or more minutes and when ur done u want to continue NW.

1 Being disconnected gives u a chance to log back in to NW if RL was the issue.

2 It does help vs the ppl abusing the Afking cause then hey have to constantly try to keep the toon doing something or waste time having to log back into the server.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Daystarker - Sanctuary
    Daystarker - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I think its unfair player's using r999/r9rr+12 in nw Vs the none r999/r9rr+12 player's or at that ppl don't even have r9 gears at all play's in NW for coins making I think they should fix nw up here u can't use there OP gears in nw or fix the NW bless for any lvl even 100+ can use for those ppl that are OP lose stats while in nw ppl that not OP increase the starts while in nw bescally player's that lvl 60+ with TT60 gears even less in nw Vs lvl 100+ r999/r9rr isn't fair play. I don't have OP gears at all I'm using mostly morai lvl 95 gears TT80 wep I can't even hit the OP player's even if I can I don't deal much damage at all player's one hit other ppl that can't handle the damage ppl to like 10k+ damage on one person isn't unfair. yeah I agree about aker's bounce back to base or get dced after so long of being afk. but fighting all the time with op player Vs none OP once isn't fair at all. for me I play my cleric in nw now for less money spending on food for nw but if I get killed like 10k+ damage I stay back somewhere and heal buff player's that respawnd to that spot like in battle bridge I stay up in save zone to heal/buff player's when I know there is alots of OP player's down below I think as long u doing something in the map fight/heal/buff should still count. I stay up late just for nw it goes on at 11:20pm-1:20am I'm normally in bed by then. I think the Gm's should fix two nw's one just for OP player's at that time and 1 nw for the none OP player's yeah there is ppl that gots r999/r9rr I talked to friday night after nw he's not OP like other r999/r9rr are but the nw blessing stop at 100 isn't smart I think it should go for those as well and I think while in NW everyone should have same hp and stats to make it fair and nw blessing should be automatic buff shouldn't need talk to npc every time u go into a battle. I think the multi rule for nw shouldn't go on anyway that should be stoped I know u can only have 2 accounts per person I know ppl use 2or even more not 100% sure about more then 2 in NW. but atleast fix it for more even play for player's that's poor and can't even offerd OP gears bc of greedy player's rises price's on every when NW came out yeah its fun pvp event u don't lose anything in it. but dam player's OP VS none OP isn't fair even player's can get the nw blessing that don't help all the time. I think anyone should get atleast some token's even its 5 atleast they can make coins for more food for next one. I hope alots of ppl agree on this I think for NW u can only use 1 toon per person to make it fair to those can't even run 2 in NW. Atleast healing/buffing other's should count for token's not healing/buffing urself shouldn't count. I don't enter then leave battle's till its done for I know if that battle was a win or lost for my nation.
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    like this discussion and ideas presented and I have a few more
    which are probably redundant but oh well ......

* must be 5 mins in a battle to get credit - no more pop in and out

* afk can be done back at base (15-20 min max)

* afk in battle over 5 mins kicked back to base

* afk more than 20 mins = kicked from NW

* only allow 1 re-entry if kicked from inactivity (dcing happens too)

* limit of 2 per isp - husband/wife can play but 3 or more from same isp blocks all from ISP

* everyone enters solo - make a squad after you enter

* anyone sending a trade request = kicked from NW

* disable the "charm" purchase pop-up

* allow us to buy "non-tradeable" buff pots and charms inside NW (realistically priced)

- maybe i will think of a few other ideas (not that it will make much difference)
  • Daystarker - Sanctuary
    Daystarker - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I agree on the afk part.

I don't agree with dcing that is never planned to happen it just happen.

For NW I don't anyone should beable to use 2 accounts per person.

I don't agree with the squad part u should beable to make squad before and after it starts if u wish.

Yeah I agree with trading and buying food/pots in nw if u not in battle.

I agree with the charm/Gruadion scroll pop up shouldn't be.
  • sanguinesin
    sanguinesin Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Maybe they should flag the log in IP address (range)? So that way, people with way more accounts than is declared "allowed" (which was 2 last I heard) in the game, can't log on more than one for the event.

If they manage to get on, then employ the idle timer to kick them from the map and back to the base after a fair time, if they don't notice because they are AFK or busy playing on another nation toon then use second idle timer (with a lesser time) and kick them out of the event if still unresponsive. If they continue to try to do those tricks then I can see banning them from the event.

To have characters just camped in maps to syphon points off those who are actually participating isn't fair in the least. The game is already highly skewed as far as OP characters since the server merges and allowing these types to keep doing it is just a slap in the face to the players who actually work to get what they have on here.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Holy Necro Batman!

This thread died one year, two months, and 5 days ago!​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.