Special Anniversary Gift Information! Email

Comments

• zrh
    zrh Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    7 years player here as well and didn't get anythign ! no code nothign from PWI ever... no nwn codes no vip code
    Nada i wrote few tickets and responce is like from teenage coded robot all genetic stuff like " Just make sure to add "email@perfectworld.com" to your safe senders list andcheck your spam/bulk email folder " gmail doens;t have such options and i arent 2 year old not to check spam folder.
    e-mails are not coming !!! so fix mail or send in game is that so hard
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    I got my code, and it works. Got my free Terror of the Deep Mount and apparently other things are coming the 25th of September. Not sure what the premise of getting this is, charging or not. I think a free mount is something everyone should have gotten.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    havent received an email on any account for the last...4 reward emails being sent?

i wonder whats going on there..
  • merchant0202
    merchant0202 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well I guess there been a couple instances like this. Code only works for the account which the email is connected too >.> So sadly my retired chara got it, my current chara kept saying invalid.
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    I truly think that the codes/emails are being sent out to cash players.

Now, I'm not sure as to how much one needs to spend for such a prize but for all those that didn't get an email...
    One Question: Did you charge gold recently?
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    ayejay101 said:

Now, I'm not sure as to how much one needs to spend for such a prize but for all those that didn't get an email...

​​

never, but i doubt thats the reason..
  • projectlegion
    projectlegion Posts: 61 Arc User
    ayejay101 said:

​​

i did actually,on the one of my two accounts that got it,im one of those types that has more characters than most people have teeth
  • jasrho
    jasrho Posts: 34 Arc User
    I got it only on the acct which has charged money since last anniversary even though i haven't charged any on it this calendar year, this isn't my oldest acct either so its not time related it seems.​​
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 32 Arc User
    zrh said:

7 years player here as well and didn't get anythign ! no code nothign from PWI ever... no nwn codes no vip code
    Nada i wrote few tickets and responce is like from teenage coded robot all genetic stuff like " Just make sure to add "email@perfectworld.com" to your safe senders list andcheck your spam/bulk email folder " gmail doens;t have such options and i arent 2 year old not to check spam folder.
    e-mails are not coming !!! so fix mail or send in game is that so hard

Me too, i've been a member since 2008
    B)
  • So is this where a player has to put money into their game before getting something that is meant for the loyal supporters of the game? sounds like they are saying this " if you haven't charged gold recently or at all, we'll just not give you a free gift till you do." But what bout those that have and still haven't gotten a single gift or code. this email junk is completely idiotic and stupid. id rather have one single code that everyone gets. not everyone has a valid email that they can use. a lot of the email addresses have become invalid or deleted. so why cant pw get this through their thick, stubborn skull and do something right for a change. I mean this is simple common sense here fellas. if something doesn't work then you have 1 of 2 options. change how its done by fixing it or redo it from scratch. in this case, its more like go back to the original way in how it was done.

• barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    For the people saying that this is only given out to people that charge coin....i seriously doubt it because its not true in my position....I might charge once every six months or so and its not that much...bout the only reason on my behalf might be continuous login time....I've been in this game since beta and have never missed logging in 1 single day

taken from my activity log...this isnt right (how many days is it since 9-13-2008?) but its what the site is keeping track of

Total Playing Time:
    441 days 49 mins

might be the total actual time spent gaming but what do I know? :p
    banner01.jpg
  • shag1991
    shag1991 Posts: 31 Arc User
    Dont listen to them ive been playing since 08 and ive updated my arc info and nothing so if ur f2p then im sorry for u
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    If it's total time spent gaming then I would get it and I haven't. If it was money spent I would probably get it, I haven't. I would LOVE to know the criteria for getting free stuff...but clearly PWE has become a very bad business when it comes to informing players. @sheepclouds maybe you can tell us what the criteria is, although just like the spirit coin fiasco I won't hold my breath. Apparently giving me a SECOND spirit coin after purchasing one with my event gold is the compensation I now get for that, so this is just salt on wounds.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    some people are getting rewards and right now email is being evil! i have heard a few people all over free player and major spenders getting rewards but can't figure out how and always when its email codes never works out well XD
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • celestial
    celestial Posts: 15 Arc User
    After Arc came out, my playing time was reset to 0. I do not think it is an accurate indicator to base activeness on that statistic...
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    celestial wrote: »
    After Arc came out, my playing time was reset to 0. I do not think it is an accurate indicator to base activeness on that statistic...
    No, especially people like me who don't run Arc. I think Arc has maybe 15 hours of playtime logged for me, and that's only from me doing testing.
    My friend who did get a reward likely has 0 hours logged in Arc.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • celestial
    celestial Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yeah, I only have like 2 days of run time recorded on Arc. I also don't run Arc. I guess its some secret requirements for any code email. I been very active trying to get my third 105... However, I have been only active since the beginning of August, so that might have been a factor.
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    Just as a side note...the next gift email that they said was coming just arrived today in my inbox...this one was for 100 event gold

Just letting people that got the first email should be looking for the second one
    banner01.jpg
  • shag1991
    wow just wow i use arc to launch game and all and been playing since 08 and nothing in my mail
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    What is amusing to me is how they don't use arc to send us mail. Why send to our stupid emails when we have arc now? Clearly they are not taking full advantage of the cruddy arc they slapped us in the face with.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    What is amusing to me is how they don't use arc to send us mail. Why send to our stupid emails when we have arc now? Clearly they are not taking full advantage of the cruddy arc they slapped us in the face with.

You are assuming that everyone is using this software trash and has access to their arc mails everytime they want to play PWI but.. no. I bypass arc like 99.999% of the time when i want to play PWI and i only used arc when i had to get jones blessings.
    Now with the code website online i use it maybe.. i dont know when i had it open last time :)

Cheers​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    razzzza wrote: »

You are assuming that everyone is using this software trash and has access to their arc mails everytime they want to play PWI but.. no. I bypass arc like 99.999% of the time when i want to play PWI and i only used arc when i had to get jones blessings.
    Now with the code website online i use it maybe.. i dont know when i had it open last time :)

Cheers
    Ditto. I don't even use Arc to check Arc mail. I simply use the site.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/message​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • xrebelleangelx
    xrebelleangelx Posts: 11 Arc User
    I got the email and no I didn't charged gold recently (heck if I charged gold it was probably over 4-5 years ago).

So far seems like a common thing is everyone that did received the email have created their account in 2008, but it was probably not the only criteria, sending a physical gift is expensive (probably around 10$ for each person and probably more for people in other countries) and they probably needed to cut down the list cause it would be crazy to mail thousand of plushies all around the world, maybe they took the people that created their account in 2008 and then from there selected an other criteria that could be charging gold, but not necessary recently, back in 2008 not a lot of people was charging gold, a lot started when R8 became affordable in like 2011-12? So if they did pick people that did charged in 2008 then it could explain why very few people is getting it, yes a lot of people started to play in 2008, but very few was charging gold back then and on that not a lot still have a valid email, a lot of people changed of email or lost the email they used when they created their account.

Anyway, Happy anniversary everyone.

• chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    I would like to know the criteria also. This account was created in October 2008 and has been active ever since then. Sad that such loyal players would not receive an anniversary gift.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • jasrho
    jasrho Posts: 34 Arc User
    Ive not been a member since 2008 (came to pwi in 2010) nor have i charged gold this year but i got the emails..well 2 actually, first for a terror of the deep then another with 100 event gold. This acct does have perfect attendance if that may be criteria, I have an older acct which didn't get any code so its not time in pwi. Will be interesting to find out what the criteria is...maybe itssss... eeeny meeny miney moe where should we let this code go..
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    when 80% of codes sent to players do not work, do not arrive, or go to the wrong place I think having criteria posted would make the player base feel more secure about any gifts they are entitled to. I got one part of this gift thing and not the other... No one is really sure what is going on.​​
  • shag1991
    eirghan said:

when 80% of codes sent to players do not work, do not arrive, or go to the wrong place I think having criteria posted would make the player base feel more secure about any gifts they are entitled to. I got one part of this gift thing and not the other... No one is really sure what is going on.​​

I agree with Eirghan been playing since 08 and nothing please post criteria
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    At the end I never got the mail with the gift code or whatever it was.
    I guess I did not meet that ''Criteria''

Not like I care anyway :p

• sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    I asked what the email criteria was and they said that there was a limited number of physical items, so they ran a raffle of all players subscribed to emails to get the list.

It was also mentioned that when you sign up for Arc, there is a tiny checkbox that is in the location the Terms of Service check box normally would be, but it unsubscribes you from receiving emails from us. You can check if you clicked this under your Arc account - Settings - Preferences. :)
    OqejO6Y.png
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I asked what the email criteria was and they said that there was a limited number of physical items, so they ran a raffle of all players subscribed to emails to get the list.

It was also mentioned that when you sign up for Arc, there is a tiny checkbox that is in the location the Terms of Service check box normally would be, but it unsubscribes you from receiving emails from us. You can check if you clicked this under your Arc account - Settings - Preferences. :)

Something like this should really be posted ahead of time instead of just sending emails to random people without any announcement. Also, this is really a poor way to do things. If physical items are limited, fine - but why not send the rest of us the code for the mount and the event gold that others have reported getting? Those cannot possibly be limited. And why would you give the same people who already got a gift a second gift of event gold? How is this fair for the rest of the playerbase that got nothing at all?​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)