Special Anniversary Gift Information! Email

barber
barber Posts: 86 Arc User
Just asking if anyone else got this email today from PWI?

I received it today and it includes a code for a free Tiger Of The Deep mount supposedly...I'm not posting the code because it says its bound to your account and not to share it ...so...

The problem is when I try to use the code in Arc it says its not a valid code and when I try to post it via the link in the email they sent and enter it, it says to "Please input a valid code"

Anyone else get this code email and does it work for them?
banner01.jpg

Comments

• zodius
    zodius Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same thing. Code was emailed to my account for my toon that i started in early 2009. When trying to activate the code by Arc or by the email link, i get "Please input a valid code".
  • barber
    edited September 2015
    Just thought I'd ask or if I was all by myself on this....seems weird to me because the code is 16 characters long...I've never seen an Arc code that long before

On a side note they say they are sending me a Plushie of the Kittyshops
    banner01.jpg
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    It's also telling me that it's an invalid code.​​
  • manbaby
    manbaby Posts: 33 Arc User
    yep had the same exact issue, and like u said barber its quite a long code considering our usual codes. I submitted a ticket and they said their is alot of traffic so to keep tryin.
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    manbaby said:

yep had the same exact issue, and like u said barber its quite a long code considering our usual codes. I submitted a ticket and they said their is alot of traffic so to keep tryin.

there*
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Yeah same issue. Code doesn't work.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• zombieholidays
    zombieholidays Posts: 4 Arc User
    same here
  • projectlegion
    projectlegion Posts: 61 Arc User
    i think it would make more sense to mail the mount
  • gravewulf
    gravewulf Posts: 36 Arc User

i think it would make more sense to mail the mount

I agree.
  • missime
    missime Posts: 4 Arc User
    Wouldn't know as I have not recieved any email for a code and it was created in Jan. 2009.
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    I checked my email and received a code, a very long code that according to ARC codes isn't one. Just due to the length and number of characters. So great job PWI! Thanks for the code that doesn't work.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • paradiso#1283
    paradiso#1283 Posts: 1 New User
    Same thing here. The code is not valid.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    Mmmm I still don't get any email.
    About the long code could be a mistake.

But also, if I remember correctly there was some in-game option to redeem rewards but that must be something from China that they left on our version by mistake. The option was on the mailbox npc (if that can be considered a npc lol) and it catch only numbers so I doubt its that.
    I will try to test it if I get any mail... And If i can log in because my net is working really bad today.... Guess there will be no 2x for me, just my luck lel :|

• phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    I just tried the in game exchange via the mailbox. That doesnt work, it requires 20 characters all of which have to be numbers. The code I received is 16 characters and is alpha numeric.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • rinkablinka
    rinkablinka Posts: 3 Arc User
    I used code i received and it worked for me. Thank you PWI :)
  • rinkablinka
    rinkablinka Posts: 3 Arc User

I used code i received and it worked for me. Thank you PWI :)

This was an anniversary code but didn't specify mount tho.

• crazyelf
    crazyelf Posts: 34 Arc User
    I never got Code's yet as on my account made in 2009
    95c3b8f8430f338ab14e1c3847da21b71369940907_full.png
    I am A True Tsundere and I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:cute
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2 Shawty_Star
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2 Mako_Sato
    Demon Venomancer- 99 Crazy_Roxy
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    i got an email but for no specail mount, just one of those junk treasure boxes for the arch event, which i do not do because i crash or lock up the whole time :/ was still hoping to get the warhound or fox mount for my alt
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • projectlegion
    lets be clear guys,the email for the sparkle treasure trove (or something like that) is not the email in question,the email in question specifically references "terror of the deep mount"..

if you did infact make a character within the acceptable timeframe mentioned herein,please file a ticket with customer support,its better that way

(sides the alternative is raising a rucukus and thats usually unconstructive)
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    lets be clear guys,the email for the sparkle treasure trove (or something like that) is not the email in question,the email in question specifically references "terror of the deep mount"..

if you did infact make a character within the acceptable timeframe mentioned herein,please file a ticket with customer support,its better that way

Im just gonna wait this out me thinks, Until they notice its broken... Someone will fix it.... Wont they...​​
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User

nice nit pick but in honesty it was listed the email i got as a anni gift email, so it is apart of it and what the question is asking. any code of 8 characters is to long for pwi codes to work, so someone might have goofed with the code maker. plus sending an email going to the spamm box makes it annoying for many players simply won't go looking for it.

as a side note ~ grats to who gets the nice prizes :)
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • iffy22
    iffy22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    crazyelf said:

I never got Code's yet as on my account made in 2009

Im the same way, on my account in 2012, Missed out on so damn much, the free +10 orb email, anni codes. Have even said this in a post that a GM said to let him know if we didnt get it/isnt working and nothing.
  • superbiatch
    superbiatch Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have put in a ticket to support as my code isn't working. Support are saying the code is valid and to try again later. Been trying at all different time since and it still isn't working!
    2qdzpes.jpg

It's called Karma and is pronounced "Haha F You"
  • projectlegion
    i figured out the goof,see,the treasure trove i got ,well the code,was 7 letters and one number

the mount code i got was 7 letters,one number,and then an exact repeat of 7 letters and one number

one of the easiest errors for a code generator to make,or glitch shall i say,one repetition too many
  • foundingfather
    foundingfather Posts: 10 Arc User
    My code had no such repeat, just 16 random alphanumerics. No worky.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    A couple of my faction members have been a bit suspicious about the email in question and suspect that it might not actually be from PWI (yes, it is possible even if it says it's from them). Don't quote me on that, though.

I did see a screenshot of an email a faction member got since I didn't get one myself, and then compared it to a legitimate email I got with the Sparkling Treasure Trove. The format certainly doesn't add up - the font on the code to redeem and the link below for redemption don't match up. I checked previous PWI emails and it was the same case with those, too. Hopefully a staff member can clear this up.

Also, the faction member who just provided the screenshot just claimed someone attempted to log onto his account just now so that's a bit concerning.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • barber
    welp I just tried to redeem it again through Arc and it still doesn't work...

to quote the chinese laundry down on the corner "No Tickie No Washie!" :D
    banner01.jpg
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    A couple of my faction members have been a bit suspicious about the email in question and suspect that it might not actually be from PWI (yes, it is possible even if it says it's from them). Don't quote me on that, though.

I did see a screenshot of an email a faction member got since I didn't get one myself, and then compared it to a legitimate email I got with the Sparkling Treasure Trove. The format certainly doesn't add up - the font on the code to redeem and the link below for redemption don't match up. I checked previous PWI emails and it was the same case with those, too. Hopefully a staff member can clear this up.

Also, the faction member who just provided the screenshot just claimed someone attempted to log onto his account just now so that's a bit concerning.

Or it might be just another code for a different PWE title.
    I dont know how the codes for other games look like but in PWI the lengh of the code was always the same.

I did not get any mail or code whatsoever (except the treasure trove) on any of my accounts so this is probably just a hoax and a mistake or a scam like you said :)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    razzzza said:

obielle wrote: »

Or it might be just another code for a different PWE title.

I dont know how the codes for other games look like but in PWI the lengh of the code was always the same.

I did not get any mail or code whatsoever (except the treasure trove) on any of my accounts so this is probably just a hoax and a mistake or a scam like you said :)​​

Don't think it's a code from any PWE titles, I think the coding format is the same across each title, or we'd get an error message in Arc saying we haven't got any characters (that's assuming whoever redeems doesn't play other titles). I've only heard of a small portion getting this email myself xD I know that they're not perfect with getting emails to everyone (I missed out on my main account for a code for the Knight or Holy pack or whatever it was called) but this one missed a ton of people.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Im wondering if it was sent to only a certain bracket of cash shoppers. Only certain people i know recieved it and then only people who seem to regularly charge quite a bit. Some came with a request for the player to update arc with addresses to send a plush toy to, and some did not, which also seems to suggest a separate extra special bracket.