Seekers PvP

atiris1
atiris1 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Seeker
Hey there, I am returning to PWI after being away for two years. Since then I am hearing aa lot of talk that Seekerss are borderline unstoppable in PvP. Yet I am not seeing any guides that explains this. Everything I read is outdated, suggesting that the Seeker class sucks. So can someone explain to me why the Seekers are good now and what makes them good? I am considering rolling one to play with my gf's mystic and these rumors seem to make that a perk.

P.s, I am still slightly newbish so if you guys use acronyms, can you please explain what they are or dumb down the PWI talk a bit? I am a former WoW player, so I know how easy it is to short talk some of the termonology lol. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by atiris1 on

Comments

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seekers are getting overrated in PVP because they win the damage contests and that gets announced in WC by red system messages.

The R9 wep for seekers has GOF and thats a huge advantage. At first earthguard didn't even have r9 that lasted for a while.

If your a seeker and don't have GOF lolz you are so overrated. If your a noob and think the weekly damage contest means anything lolz you are so nab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atiris1
    atiris1 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ah, so they're not unbeatable then? From what I read, they do a ton of aoe damage which suggests why they score highest on damage. I was hoping the buffs actually made them a contender rather than a number monster.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What makes them score high on the Dmg Dummy is the ability to QPQ (Quid Pro Quo) any de-buff placed upon them onto the mob and then hit insanely high with a good zerk (God of Frenzy) crit and the combination of those de-buffs.
    (E.G. QPQ hf (heavens flame- bm skill) onto the mob, and BAM zerk crit too! = wicked dmg!)
    Seekers do hit hard, but I'm sorry to say that those squishy DD's that always steal aggro, Archer/Psy/Wizzy/etc hit harder, and also if they are rightly geared can take down those seekers easy as. :3
    Seekers have high def, okay attack, but if you really wanna hurt someone roll a squishy class and use a wand, ball or bow to whack people to death b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Their answers are misleading.
    The truth is that seekers are fairly average until end game gear. Currently at end game they are the most overpowered class.

No purely physical damage class can take down an end game seeker by themselves, and the combo mentioned by the poster above me is spammable every thirty seconds for next to no chi. With a zerk+crit it can one shot equally geared barbs.

So if you plan to be average, no seeker isn't anything special. If you plan to go full end game gear and shell out the cash, it's the most OP class as of current.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malidega - Archosaur
    Malidega - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry person above me but a Psy is just as OP if not more OP at end game.. with rrr9+12 . you have 25-30k hp, 60+ attack lvls just on your weapon, more from gear, and even more from shards or more defense lvls. Yesterday in NW I watched a psy, being the only one in the instance, take on 19 of 20 of the people in the instance fore over 7 minutes before they finally killed him. You are talking about r9 or better mostly being the ones attacking him.

I have only seen 2 or three seekers with close to that ability. And yes, up through lvl 80 seekers are a pain to play for the above listed reasons unless you have a personal healer. I have a 97 psy, I love it! I have a 92 BM....I like it. Seeker/Clerics... Too many skills to hotkey all the useful ones. Wizzy's are the hardest hitting class in the game but you need a lot of -channel gear to make up for the long casting time.

Archers are annoying to fight in PVP due to the range.. They have the longest range followed by psychic.. archers/assassins kill me more than any other class in PVP.. followed by seekers.
    Hope this helps.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry person above me but a Psy is just as OP if not more OP at end game.. with rrr9+12 . you have 25-30k hp, 60+ attack lvls just on your weapon, more from gear, and even more from shards or more defense lvls. Yesterday in NW I watched a psy, being the only one in the instance, take on 19 of 20 of the people in the instance fore over 7 minutes before they finally killed him. You are talking about r9 or better mostly being the ones attacking him.

I have only seen 2 or three seekers with close to that ability. And yes, up through lvl 80 seekers are a pain to play for the above listed reasons unless you have a personal healer. I have a 97 psy, I love it! I have a 92 BM....I like it. Seeker/Clerics... Too many skills to hotkey all the useful ones. Wizzy's are the hardest hitting class in the game but you need a lot of -channel gear to make up for the long casting time.

Archers are annoying to fight in PVP due to the range.. They have the longest range followed by psychic.. archers/assassins kill me more than any other class in PVP.. followed by seekers.
    Hope this helps.

Seekers are hardest hitting. That has already been established and the reasons why throughly explained. Typically psychics do kill seekers, that much is true. But as a blademaster you ought to be aware psychics have pitiful pdef beneath their defense levels, and morai skills bypass defense levels. I can hit an end game full +12 white voodoo, NW ornaments psychic for around ten thousand damage per tick with my +10 unsharded r9.3 axes using blade tornado. That won't happen to a seeker. I'm just stating facts here. Meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    having zerk crit metal skills on a seeker is what them op so anyone can play a seeker and still kill people without any clue what their doing. if you dont have zerk.. well you better learn how to play the class.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Basically the OP QQ you hear from other classes are pretty much singled out to rank9 recasts top tier sharded seekers. Which by that logic, they SHOULD be OP as with any other classes. Most likey cause the only memorable thing is when you get killed. Im currently a R9rr+11-12 JOSD and i can still get 1-2 shot by same geared Psy/Wiz or an OP R9rrr daggered sin so... yeah... seekers are 'tough' in general but its not a god class or anything super.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Basically the OP QQ you hear from other classes are pretty much singled out to rank9 recasts top tier sharded seekers. Which by that logic, they SHOULD be OP as with any other classes. Most likey cause the only memorable thing is when you get killed. Im currently a R9rr+11-12 JOSD and i can still get 1-2 shot by same geared Psy/Wiz or an OP R9rrr daggered sin so... yeah... seekers are 'tough' in general but its not a god class or anything super.

^^this
    Seekers are hugely exaggerated Cuz of our sac slash + qpq combo. What ppl gotta understand is r9rr seeker will have a very difficult time killing a fellow r9rr wizard/psychic fully jaded. Their defenses are too high
    There's a wiz in my server that's fully jaded +12 and he has 37k physical def and 22k magical defense.

There's no frigging way to kill that wiz without getting him purged first lol. And taken their purify spell on their wep, well good luck. . . ......
    So yes seekers are indeed tanky at endgame with endgame gears but so is everyone else. We have HA cuz we were made to tank...but thts all we're good at until we too get all our gears to +12...and even then equally geared wizards have the ability to one shot us while we dont
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ^^this
    Seekers Are Hugely Exaggerated Cuz Of Our Sac Slash + Qpq Combo. What Ppl Gotta Understand Is R9rr Seeker Will Have A Very Difficult Time Killing A Fellow R9rr Wizard/psychic Fully Jaded. Their Defenses Are Too High
    There's A Wiz In My Server That's Fully Jaded +12 And He Has 37k Physical Def And 22k Magical Defense.

There's No Frigging Way To Kill That Wiz Without Getting Him Purged First Lol. And Taken Their Purify Spell On Their Wep, Well Good Luck. . . ......
    So Yes Seekers Are Indeed Tanky At Endgame With Endgame Gears But So Is Everyone Else. We Have Ha Cuz We Were Made To Tank...but Thts All We're Good At Until We Too Get All Our Gears To +12...and Even Then Equally Geared Wizards Have The Ability To One Shot Us While We Dont

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • blackeroasis
    blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ^^this
    Seekers are hugely exaggerated Cuz of our sac slash + qpq combo. What ppl gotta understand is r9rr seeker will have a very difficult time killing a fellow r9rr wizard/psychic fully jaded. Their defenses are too high
    There's a wiz in my server that's fully jaded +12 and he has 37k physical def and 22k magical defense.

There's no frigging way to kill that wiz without getting him purged first lol. And taken their purify spell on their wep, well good luck. . . ......
    So yes seekers are indeed tanky at endgame with endgame gears but so is everyone else. We have HA cuz we were made to tank...but thts all we're good at until we too get all our gears to +12...and even then equally geared wizards have the ability to one shot us while we dont

Are you seriously saying that a r9rr wiz could 1 shot a r9rr seeker (+12 jaded whatever) some how I find that to be unbelievable. Basically what you are saying is that a r9rr wiz is more op than a r9rr seeker? Please explain
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Are you seriously saying that a r9rr wiz could 1 shot a r9rr seeker (+12 jaded whatever) some how I find that to be unbelievable. Basically what you are saying is that a r9rr wiz is more op than a r9rr seeker? Please explain

Yes, I am saying exactly that. a r9r2 wiz is more op than a r9rr seeker at the moment. There's a wizard in my server fully Jaded +12 that hits a fully jaded seeker +12 for over 17k(when only adrenal numbness is active and no other class buffs) non crit.....so ya, i m saying exactly that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if the people who are so convinced that seekers are OP are playing HA classes. We have magic attacks, you don't. We can possibly one shot you with them it must have happened to you before if you PVP at all. And you find it hard to kill us with the physical attacks Pan Gu gave you because we wear HA too. So someone in that situation might think seekers are OP.

But when you play seeker and see how much trouble wizzies and psys give you the class doesn't seem OP at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it would be nice if someone could actually make a parcing program in which it notes the dmg/crit/%rate and then we could really see who has the most outrageous class. Right now its hard to tell because pple tend to not notice normal hits that dont kill them, which, could be the majority of the hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Taco_Limey - Harshlands
    Taco_Limey - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to disagree with the person who says a r9r2 wiz can 1 shot a r9r9 seeker. 1 thing.. If its a r9r2 +12 seeker. 17k crit isnt even close to a one shot, even if it crits thats 24k. If the seeker is built right it will have about 30k hp nobuffed. 34-35 buffed. Obvi thats if its +12. Seekers can pretty much 1 shot everything, obvi not well geared barbs or bm's. But pretty much everything. I have 1 shot a r9 cleric for 32k. And i am not even r9r2. All i did was gemini slash and extreme posion. Also i have test several damage outputs on classes in vendetta. Where i can get pretty much the exact same gear on there as here. Wizards arent that hard. Ok.. you have 37k phy def.. Well damn.. Whats a seeker gonna do with 130 attack levels.. and 30k phy attack. All you do is put northen sky waltz on him. Bam there goes 20 def lvls. Sac slash yourself. Bam my att goes to 170 your def goes down 30-40. Low def lvls wont cover that 37k phy def and vice versa. Then i do soulsever, And gemini you, for even more damage. Adios wizzy..
    Taco_Limey: Harshlands 102 Rank 9 Seeker
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2013
    I have to disagree with the person who says a r9r2 wiz can 1 shot a r9r9 seeker. 1 thing.. If its a r9r2 +12 seeker. 17k crit isnt even close to a one shot, even if it crits thats 24k. If the seeker is built right it will have about 30k hp nobuffed. 34-35 buffed. Obvi thats if its +12. Seekers can pretty much 1 shot everything, obvi not well geared barbs or bm's. But pretty much everything. I have 1 shot a r9 cleric for 32k. And i am not even r9r2. All i did was gemini slash and extreme posion. Also i have test several damage outputs on classes in vendetta. Where i can get pretty much the exact same gear on there as here. Wizards arent that hard. Ok.. you have 37k phy def.. Well damn.. Whats a seeker gonna do with 130 attack levels.. and 30k phy attack. All you do is put northen sky waltz on him. Bam there goes 20 def lvls. Sac slash yourself. Bam my att goes to 170 your def goes down 30-40. Low def lvls wont cover that 37k phy def and vice versa. Then i do soulsever, And gemini you, for even more damage. Adios wizzy..

This is wrong in so many levels. If you crit a cleric for 32k equally geared at end game, that cleric doesn't know how to play one. And you're right about getting wizzies' defense level down with our debuffs. You gotta remember one thing though. I am not talking about 1 v 1 situations. I am talking about 20 v 20 situations or in TW, where each is equally buffed. You will neither have time to do all those debuffs on a wiz nor will you be able to kill that wizard. Not to be rude or anything but people play private servers for two different reasons -
    1) they fail in pwi so they go to private servers so they can get godly gears and be in god mode
    2) they can't afford anything in pwi so they go to private servers so they want everything handed to them for little to no effort

So you cant really compare the players in pwi and players in private servers. The playstyle is different because of the population, the gameplay is different, the mindset is different, the skill level is different.
    Also, that wiz i was talking about did a 43k damage to a seeker r9r2+10 gears with no JOSDs ofc. And that's noncrit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why so serious?
    Get your crayon Get your crayon Get your cray Get your crayon
    Get your crayon Get your crayon Get your cray Get your
    Why so serious?
    Come on girls Come on boys Come on come on Get your crayon crayon Come on girls Come on
    boys Come on come on Get your crayon crayon

http://www.youtube.com/user/ANiMaiFyAbLe
  • Vyrrg - Harshlands
    Vyrrg - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seekers are a combo class, that's what's important, build your combos, look at all the things that are offered and the ways you can debuff yourself. think about Apothecary debuffs, genie debuffs, skill debuff, anything and QpQ them. THIS is what makes seekers wicked OP. But without that skill, you're just another guy with a funny looking eye and a large stick that you don't know how to use...
  • dudai
    dudai Posts: 12 Arc User
    Seeker are overrated, pk while don't have enough control skill like sin and bm
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    *puts a bullet in the zombies forehead.*

Another Necro bites the dust....​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.