Faction Icons After merge

Comments

• implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    Doesn't work for me either, Firefox debugger shows a Javascript error "Empty string passed to getElementById()".
    Can't we at least get a clear answer as to whether PW are even trying to reapply our old faction icons, or if resubmitting is essential (but we need to be patient and wait for the page to be fixed)?
  • kamiyamaa
    kamiyamaa Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any update on this issue?
  • chamile420
    chamile420 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same issue and this is the response I finally got from support.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Unfortunately, there may be some issues related to the faction icons resulting from the recent server merge. We're unable to provide an exact timeframe, but we're already looking into having this sorted out as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, you can try submitting your logo through the website link below within the next several business days.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/pwifactionicon

This is the same response i got and havent heard anything since, except for a survery..... ha
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    Bump. Still looking for an answer on if the page is getting fixed or if they are going to just fix the icon issue? I'm prepared to resubmit but it seems the page is broken for everyone on the servers that lost icons...​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • ginz0rz
    ginz0rz Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Pre-merge... I had the issue of the site/dropdowns not working and support was useless. What finally fixed it so that I could submit the icon was I had to trade leadership with my director (make him leader temporarily then he passed it back). After a couple of days, the dropdowns worked and I was able to get my icon.

Post-merge... I don't know if this will work if the dropdowns are still populating the old servers, not the new.

Sounds like they'll still need to intervene at some point. Good luck :/
    1ezxbxy38vwa.jpg
  • angelks2103
    angelks2103 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Faction lcon for eXecution is missing also...HT faction...seems all HT factions are having same issues... Submit page down... thought at first PWI would update Icons with next couple updates but still nothing.... sigh....only getting same response from them to try to resubmit but page dropdowns do not work to select anything whether it be server or even to select my toon King_Protect as leader of the guild.... PWI please get this issue fixed... It took alot to make these icons in ur format and shrink it in the first place for those of us not used to doing this kind of stuff.
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    chamile420 wrote: »

This is the same response i got and havent heard anything since, except for a survery..... ha

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nurse

Also faction icons when
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Would definitely like this issue resolved. Like others submission page drop downs don't work, and getting same response from tickets.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• banks4ds
    banks4ds Posts: 41 Arc User
    It would be nice if a GM, CM, any one from PWI would give us more info on when we will be getting back our Faction Icons! It is over 3 weeks since the server merge and still no real info from PWI. :(:'(
  • chchchchia
    I agree, I would like a GM to acknowledge that something is being worked on here and that it hasn't just been forgotten.

If you aren't going to let us submit them via ticket than fix your freaking submission page already.​​
    ih8868.jpg
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Why hasn't a GM Responded to this thread yet with any relavent information? We've been waiting to fix our logo's and its been a good month since the servers been merged with absolutely no information. What is going on here? egg-3.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    tek1nig said:

Why hasn't a GM Responded to this thread yet with any relavent information? We've been waiting to fix our logo's and its been a good month since the servers been merged with absolutely no information. What is going on here? egg-3.gif​​

Empty promises?
    FoxyGR.gif
  • fautinacats#2689
    fautinacats#2689 Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2015
    I Guess they want a SPAMMING Ticket about this, so they will take Attention to it. No offense... really upset and sick of waiting for responses...
    And again ._. anyone heard news about account stash yet?
  • asurin

I Guess they want a SPAMMING Ticket about this, so they will take Attention to it. No offense... really upset and sick of waiting for responses...

And again ._. anyone heard news about account stash yet?

Another maintenance about some "text issues" for three quests.
    That's all.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • tek1nig
    Still no updates yet GM's ? ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Can this thread be stickied please
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • banks4ds
    Yes maybe this thread should be "Stickied" until it is resolved! It would be nice if a GM or CM "FINALLY" gave us any info on the Faction ICONs that disappeared over 5 weeks ago instead of just ignoring it! We ask, we send tickets and we get no real feed back. What is up GMs???
  • asurin
    I'm in support of sticky on this thread.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • tek1nig
    The community DOTH SPEAKITH !! STICKY THIS THREAD egg-44.gif​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    I am sorry for puting this here but i cant enter Support for months.
    Just want to ask when will that be fixed.But not fixed like that I need to instal google chrome,opera,windows explorer 5484 and other programs to contact support?

I see ChinaTown guild from TwilightTemple server got thier guild logo back.When will other guilds who was on Lost City server get thier logos back?
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Seriously, why is this not stickied?
    And why have some factions been able to resubmit their icon via ticket, where others have been refused?
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • tek1nig
    daymond wrote: »
    Seriously, why is this not stickied?
    And why have some factions been able to resubmit their icon via ticket, where others have been refused?

As this seems to be the case I've also created a ticket to have this addressed because .. come on now :/ it doesn't even feel like a faction without the logo egg-4.gif
    ​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    I heard it is in the same priority list as the dq replacement.
    NGTUy53.png

• armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    Random question - and possibly already discussed and or answered on these impossible to navigate forums so excuse me, but, were transparent icons removed as an option?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Random question - and possibly already discussed and or answered on these impossible to navigate forums so excuse me, but, were transparent icons removed as an option?
    No, they are still an option, and submitting them is just like it always has been.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    ChinaTown had to resubmit their logo back. It is not the same as the one before merge because it was a transparent icon. So from what my friend said, they are trying to hopefully get their old icon back.

• armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Yes thats what makes me wonder. I havent seen any transparent icons enabled in the last few months. All are broken. Sure some of it could be a user issue, but pwi is requesting 24bit bmps for logos on their new page, whereas they used to accept 36bit bmp as referenced in this old post: http://pwi-forum.gdevtalk.net/showthreade3a8.html?t=843612

Im not computer savvy by any means so correct me if I'm wrong but 24 is non-transparent whereas 32bit is transparent correct?

If so, then resubmitted icons will lose their transparent properties and old factions should force the issue with pwe as resubmission will not yield the same results as if pwe transferred properly.​​
    Post edited by armoftheland on
  • banks4ds
    Hello GMs and CMs, when are we getting "any" feedback on our missing Faction Icons? It is 7 weeks and counting and still no Icons have been replaced and still not a word from PWI as to what is going on! Please let us know what is going on, thank you.
  • louieanne
    louieanne Posts: 1 New User
    It is almost October and the faction Icons for the Heaven's Tear guilds (merged now called Etherblade) are still not appearing. If this is the wrong thread please direct me to the correct one, but this is what came up when I entered the search. The faction leader and director no longer play PWI to the guild I belong; so I can not resubmit the logo even if there was a way. However, this logo was created by my daughter who has since passed away and I would like to keep this guild and it's logo active in remembrance. PWI was her favorite game and if I am not mistaken, Heaven's Tear was one of the first servers when the game was offered in Beta to U.S. players (which she was an original Beta tester). It is very sad that PWI developers can not return the icons for that server to the game. Please direct me to a thread that will tell me the progress PWI is making towards fixing this problem. Thank you.
  • chchchchia
    banks4ds wrote: »
    Hello GMs and CMs, when are we getting "any" feedback on our missing Faction Icons? It is 7 weeks and counting and still no Icons have been replaced and still not a word from PWI as to what is going on! Please let us know what is going on, thank you.

Yes, please tell us what is happening with this. I was surprised to get back after three weeks away and see that there has still been no communication about this issue.​​
    ih8868.jpg