Network Issues, East Servers - 9/13

trailturtle
trailturtle Posts: 1,482 Perfect World Employee
Hey folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up, we're experiencing attacks on our East Coast servers that are preventing players from logging in. These attacks are coming in bursts, so you may be able to stay online for a while, then experience a kick. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers.

Stay tuned, we'll keep you updated.

To clarify: This is only impacting the East Coast servers.

Comments

• shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    It's always east coast servers. I hope you extend 2x drops 3x exp a day because of it.​​
  • valekixia
    valekixia Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thank you for quickly informing us of this. Hope it is resolved soon.
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    Thank you so very much for letting the players know! tiger-40.gif​​
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    Oh wow, good to know
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    I can guarantee you that this is probably someone really upset at your "compensation" for spirit coins mishap where you are giving max 200 event gold to people that bought over 500+ spirit coins. Thanks for ticking someone off.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • crazyelf
    crazyelf Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I can guarantee you that this is probably someone really upset at your "compensation" for spirit coins mishap where you are giving max 200 event gold to people that bought over 500+ spirit coins. Thanks for ticking someone off.

That or someone who died alot in PvP and couldn't handle Tideswell very well :* So how about give compensation Longer 3x for 2 weeks or demon/Sage cards..
    95c3b8f8430f338ab14e1c3847da21b71369940907_full.png
    I am A True Tsundere and I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:cute
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2 Shawty_Star
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2 Mako_Sato
    Demon Venomancer- 99 Crazy_Roxy
  • zoner112012
    I like the idea of extending 2x for us. I also like the idea of PWE giving proper compensation to players for their **** ups. I do believe that this could be a reason for this.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    In a game who's cash shop items could literally all be half of what they are permenantly, and still be recognized as disgustingly overexpensive, this lagging dc nonsense is unacceptable. I doubt it has anything to do with attacks.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I like the idea of extending 2x for us. I also like the idea of PWE giving proper compensation to players for their **** ups. I do believe that this could be a reason for this.

You should ask a gm about it ingame. you have the connections :*​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • shimarra
    razzzza wrote: »

You should ask a gm about it ingame. you have the connections :*
    Wait someone can actually connect? I haven't been able to get in for 30 mins now.fish-2.gif​​
  • crazyelf
    edited September 2015
    I love the photo :hushed: Razza

I am A True Tsundere and I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    enbysra wrote: »
    In a game who's cash shop items could literally all be half of what they are permenantly, and still be recognized as disgustingly overexpensive, this lagging dc nonsense is unacceptable. I doubt it has anything to do with attacks.

You...shall not...SPEAAAAAKKKKK!

Seriously, you know, these DCs and massive lag ARE direct consequence of those attack and the motive behind them. If you don't know...you just better not write.

For the ignorance is strong with this one, Kitty thinks.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zoner112012
    razzzza said:

You should ask a gm about it ingame. you have the connections :*​​

Except a GM in game doesn't have that authority only the Devs can allow them to do it. My "connections" aren't really that, but apparently people are upset that I actually speak to GMs...idgaf. xD
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • crazyelf
    edited September 2015

Oh my God I am Upset TZ D: how dare you never bringing me into the fun D: but I guess thats what a Mutton is for T.T
  • enbysra

You...shall not...SPEAAAAAKKKKK!

Seriously, you know, these DCs and massive lag ARE direct consequence of those attack and the motive behind them. If you don't know...you just better not write.

For the ignorance is strong with this one, Kitty thinks.
    ​​

Hmm... interesting.
  • tiyassomu
    tiyassomu Posts: 29 Arc User
    Tideswell seems to be stable, Thanks for the solving the issue quickly.
  • razzzza

zoner112012 wrote: »

Except a GM in game doesn't have that authority only the Devs can allow them to do it. My "connections" aren't really that, but apparently people are upset that I actually speak to GMs...idgaf. xD

upset? i would not call it like that lol. i just dont think you are saying the truth thats all :)
    Nothing about that to be upset about lol​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • zoner112012
    edited September 2015
    razzzza said:

zoner112012 wrote: »

upset? i would not call it like that lol. i just dont think you are saying the truth thats all :)

Nothing about that to be upset about lol​​

I have SS's of when I talk to a GM but you know...believe what you want ;) I don't need recognition or approval from someone on forums or anyone from PWI for that matter xD

In fact once recently when I got married to my friend in game and I WC letting people know it was time for the wedding a GM pmed me and QQed that he didn't get an invite. I posted that on FB...but you know..I am just clearly full of **** to some nab like you xD.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • razzzza
    fair enough.

I hope x2/3 will not be extended because.. reasons <3​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • trailturtle
    trailturtle Posts: 1,482 Perfect World Employee
    Still working on this. Stay tuned.
  • zoner112012

Still working on this. Stay tuned.

I haven't noticed lag or DCs for some time now.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • rainastar
    rainastar Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still experiecing lagg throughout the game
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    Hardly seems like pwi is the one to blame for these issues. Demanding and crying for compensation each time is pretty childish, no? They aren't legally obligated to owe us anything.

However, can confirm - still getting some lag spikes in the game atm. Thank you for letting us know that you're working on it.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

giphy.gif

• rainastar
    rainastar Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well the server was working for a good two hours and now its **** again...
  • symph
    symph Posts: 10 Arc User
    They waited for us to get comfortable enough to start farming again and then throw back the lag to waste coin and kill profit margin. Wonderful coin sink....not D:
  • enbysra
    We are not owed compensation, but I am still doubtful of the ddos attack story.

Servers were low populations months ago - check.

Server merge increased population while **** up some stuff (names, icons, etc) - check.

Increased population = more strain that was previously unnoticed on servers (2 sets of servers reduced to 1 set) - check

New Expansion also - check.

Wanmei breaks **** and PWE does not double check it - check.

Basically, I think this is a series of things coming together that has nothing to do with attacks. Wanmei & PWE in the past years has earned that set of thoughts toward them. :*
  • shimarra
    We are not owed compensation, but I am still doubtful of the ddos attack story.

Servers were low populations months ago - check.

Server merge increased population while **** up some stuff (names, icons, etc) - check.

Increased population = more strain that was previously unnoticed on servers (2 sets of servers reduced to 1 set) - check

New Expansion also - check.

Wanmei breaks **** and PWE does not double check it - check.

Basically, I think this is a series of things coming together that has nothing to do with attacks. Wanmei & PWE in the past years has earned that set of thoughts toward them. :*

TBH DW server had problems like this frequently, was not unnoticeable before. Does seem to be DDoS attacks, we also had that previously before.

Would like 1 day extension on 2x drop 3x exp but I'm guessing they are out for the night.​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Someone is committing a crime by perpetrating a DDOS attack against PWI servers. It must be because PWI doesn't compensate us like I want them to when they **** up. I demand PWI give us compensation by extending 2x for the inconvenience the criminal is causing us.

omfg...really? If you suffer a power failure During NW, TW or a daily or an event will you demand PWI compensate you for that too?
  • enbysra
    I still say we are not owed compensation.

Hell, they can not even get that holy knight or warrior pack code right, as I still got jack and squat with that.

I am dreading what they **** up for the 7 year anni :o