Fash prices (again...)

Options
chary
chary Posts: 850 Arc User
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
So why is the Silken Dancer hair 2 extra gold compared to all the other new hair and the Silken Dancer dress nearly double the price of the other dresses and shirt+bottoms combos? Fo' realz.

Comments

• grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Lol ikr but it's pretty and I freaking want it​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    Options
    Honestly you have to wonder why any of the fashion is different pricing, and why some require more dyes than others. Its not like you are getting a barber shop hair cut for $10 as opposed to a $150 hair studio cut, or a $5 t-shirt compared to a $200 fashion designer label. :D
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Because they know people will buy it regardless.
    Also, rarity / newer thing comes to mind.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    Options
    i think they can get away with some prices because it could be a time limited fash like the grand fairy and the others recently. once its gone in boutique people go nuts on the street. could be wrong but who ever knows pwi staff logic at times.
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    IT annoys me that I just got the silver star hair and if I hadn't I'd be able to get the new hair that I like way more. No one wants to buy the other hair either ._.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    Options
    be thankful that they are in boutique and not sealed inside of packs
  • chary
    Options
    tiageros wrote: »

Pretty sure this set would be cheaper if it were actually in packs.​​
  • iamluckingfoco
    Options
    chary said:

tiageros wrote: »

Pretty sure this set would be cheaper if it were actually in packs.​​

Considering most new fashion in new packs people try to sell for 200+ million for a set, I much prefer boutique fashion I can buy for gold. Now if they would release more male fashion.......

2agrqm9.jpg

• chary
    Options
    200m when it first first comes out, maybe. But they drop down to 30-50m easy after awhile.​​
  • iamluckingfoco
    Options
    chary said:

200m when it first first comes out, maybe. But they drop down to 30-50m easy after awhile.​​

A lot of times it does, I agree, but there are those that think because it comes from a pack it means its worth gobs of coin.

2agrqm9.jpg

• koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    Lol @ cheaper in packs. You find an Orchid Cocktail hair for under 80m, or really at any price these days since they practically don't exist and I'll agree. I think I've only ever seen one person wearing it, and maybe 5 for sale. Ever.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • chary
    Options
    Your server needs more pack openers then. I got my Orchid set for 35m.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    Lol @ cheaper in packs. You find an Orchid Cocktail hair for under 80m, or really at any price these days since they practically don't exist and I'll agree. I think I've only ever seen one person wearing it, and maybe 5 for sale. Ever.

I've also seen a lot on former Arch, it wasn't that rare.​​
    DeffyNature
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    Options
    I'm pretty happy PW's filling the boutique with fashion. The selection allows me to buy the individual pieces I want without having to pay a ridiculous price for an entire fashion pack; I normally don't like complete sets and prefer coordinating. You can have a lot of pack openers but that doesn't always guarantee the prices of exclusive fashion will go down. I still see old but common sets like Wayfarer and Demure being sold for 50-60m. Orchid has become a little less rare on Etherblade but it's still going for 90m+. The sellers know there are people who will purchase stuff for enormous figures...

And RIP at the random pigment nerf. All of my black/white fashion prior to the nerf was achieved that way and now I have to buy the actual pigments since I keep getting greens and purples. I hate spending more than 40m on fashion. Dye sale please, PWE. Black/white dyes are going for 8m right now. ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The price of the hair in this set says pwi flips a coin, points and says, "That one. That will be the one that everyone wants. Up the dyes! Up the cost! It's going to sell!"
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    I was really sad seeing the high gold price, so besides I love the fashion I decided not to spend my coins on it..
    Buuuuut.... I was in the squad that won Belle guide contest on forum.. Free 10 gold for me soon - I already know what to spend it on now... tiger-37.giftiger-26.gif​​