how expensive is the game

2»

Comments

• sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    best case sale scenarios, thats already taking sides with your drug deale... i mean pwi.

you ignore the cost of:
    FOUR sockets in necklace and belt in future.
    EIGHT combined gems for necklace and belt in future
    maximum rb2 level with illusionary crystal.
    maximum boundry level via vitae pills bought from boutique
    maximum meridian with holy pills bought from boutique

you settle for averge engravings (like average every stat and set) although we are talking about maximum stats here. and we are fogetting some other stuff for sure. and of cousre we all completely ignore the cost of future maximum star chart - since we dont have all prices yet.

we are missing the rb2 nuema portal set:
    with a very, lucky 50.000 s pack streak * 4gold you should get rb2 nuema portal. that is 200.000 gold mouse-35.gif. lets add that to your supremely generous 10k $.

btw that is just the average for 3 nuema portal sets, 4 sets are needed for rb2. source (skip to minute 7 or so) ​​
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    all i can say if you people are spending that much money on this game you are freakin stupid...

hell i've played this game since beta and the only thing i might spend money on is mp/ hp charms but I havent had to spend a dime on them in months because my bank is filled with the free platinum ones they give you and I only go through an hp charm in maybe a month or two and on my barb a mp charm will last me months

about the only toon that will use many mp charms is my cleric which will go through a platinum mp charm in maybe 3 to 4 weeks simply because everything a cleric does uses mp

and if you have a sin you can make charms last almost a year unless you use stealth alot which if you have cleric buffs you dont even need it then

bleh whatever, I like keeping my money in my pocket

to each his own i guess

banner01.jpg
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    jabq wrote: »
    Isn't that what we do, when we hit 100. All the hard work in reaching 100 and the gear, we just log on to chat :hushed:. I know it is far from reality, but for me it shows how much my gear has come along as a f2p player, and how much further i still need to go to be at the top.

Some players might just spend that amount of money and see how they like it, rich people operate differently.

Well yea to a certain degree i have to agree with you but at endgame you work on your gear really and when you are too lazy for that you are kind of just siiting there and chat.

Im not doing a whole lot outside of x2 drops in terms of getting alot of coins but im doing the usual stuff like PV, Primal dailys, JFSP, BH (i skip EU and AEU because **** those) and FSP with an alt or two to lv my A cards and thats pretty much it.
    Doesnt take too long and chatting is after that and ofc inbetween but everyone does his thing in this game to progress slow or fast.

I work on A sets too and the new star chart system needs attention too so.. you will be busy doing those "just dailys PWI things" and you can throw in a warsong or two if you feel like it when you still need some g16 gear or need coins.

Also you cant buy some things (yet) like shifting sky 10 but its pretty easy to do actually (im at shifting sky 5 with like 60% already) and not really time consuming. primal dailys should tke you from 20-40min max if you know what to do.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2015

This is the Astral XP table:
    1 50
    2 250
    3 800
    4 2000
    5 5001
    6 10341
    7 38326
    8 103670
    9 247040
    10 0

so from level 0 to level 10 it takes 407478 Nebula Dust Orbs, each at 2 gold. that is:
    814.956 $
    that does not include the pearls it takes to level the chart to level 50
    that does not include the powder it takes to shift the positions of best stats to fatestar
    that does not incluede the pearls it takes to level the Aptitude to 20 and shift it to best psositions (not in shop, yet?)
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    this thread is so freaking away from reality ... really saddens me

Lets just throw random numbers at each other - the higher number wins?

On a sidenote: the question on How expensive is this game , does not correlate to : How much coin does it cost, to :

create a character
    login
    max it out without moving
    logoff and play another game?

cause thats actually what u guys are doing here...

but hey.... pwi doesnt need more people playing right? ... right? - so lets jsut scare the heck out of everyone coming to this forum , asking for advice.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    This is a tricky question :wink:

It all depends on your character, how much value you give to your own ego, and how you want to play the game.

1. If you are a person who wants to spend around 1 hour per day fighting mobs or some people, this is the BEST game out there, and COMPLETELY FREE! The game does help you in a lot of ways to level up and gear yourself in a relatively decent time frame. By that I mean at most G16 gears.
    - this is the sweet spot of the game really.
    - community is developed enough for you to have a lot of tutorials, videos, and also people who are willing to help you get there.
    - you can find people with equal gears who are willing to pvp with you.
    If you are this kind of person, contact me in pm and make an account on Dawnglory. But I can assure you a LOT of people will gladly help you have fun, if fun is what you seek.

You should spend some real money once in a while, to support the developers. They are not ideal by far, but hey everyone makes mistakes. In the end, it is always nice to support those who offer you a service, even if that service is not ideal. But within this category, you do NOT NEED to spend money if you so chose to.

2. If you are a person who wants more than point 1, but does not aim/want to be top tier, things get messier. Just like in real life. Because at this point, the game becomes REALLY expensive. By that I mean in either TIME or MONEY.
    You will be faced with 3 options:
    2.1 No life the game. Farm like a madman, get frustrated, farm some more. If you can invest 10 hours per day into the game, and play it smart, you should be able to become OP in 2 years, if you start from scratch. 1 billion coins per month is doable with this effort. In 2 years you get to 24 billion coins, with which you can enter the top 20%-30% of the server. Maybe a bit higher.
    2.2 Merchandise. If you go this route, you will avoid farming that much, but you still need those 2 years. The catch is that within these 2 years you need to not spend too much.
    2.3 Invest money. Depending on your wealth, you can get everything in 1 week, top tier, but be prepared for HEAVY investments. Over 10K$. If you aim for being number 1, it gets ridiculous.

Most people are in this last category and try to mix the 3 methods as they see fit.

Now, the sad part.
    Most games are designed so that your apetite of spending is increased. This game truly shines at that, so you will feel pressure to invest money since it is the only valid way to quickly catch up to the people who played the game 5+ years. As you invest, you will do it more and more. This tends to create some addiction, one that the game itself quietly acknowledges by placing a limit on daily spending of real money, one that you can disable per request.

Oh, one more thing. The client support is there, but it kind of is not. Its a paradox. The folks are nice enough, but lately it seems that nothing is actually done.

Cheers!
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

This is a tricky question :wink:

It all depends on your character, how much value you give to your own ego, and how you want to play the game.

1. If you are a person who wants to spend around 1 hour per day fighting mobs or some people, this is the BEST game out there, and COMPLETELY FREE! The game does help you in a lot of ways to level up and gear yourself in a relatively decent time frame. By that I mean at most G16 gears.
    - this is the sweet spot of the game really.
    - community is developed enough for you to have a lot of tutorials, videos, and also people who are willing to help you get there.
    - you can find people with equal gears who are willing to pvp with you.
    If you are this kind of person, contact me in pm and make an account on Dawnglory. But I can assure you a LOT of people will gladly help you have fun, if fun is what you seek.

You should spend some real money once in a while, to support the developers. They are not ideal by far, but hey everyone makes mistakes. In the end, it is always nice to support those who offer you a service, even if that service is not ideal. But within this category, you do NOT NEED to spend money if you so chose to.

2. If you are a person who wants more than point 1, but does not aim/want to be top tier, things get messier. Just like in real life. Because at this point, the game becomes REALLY expensive. By that I mean in either TIME or MONEY.
    You will be faced with 3 options:
    2.1 No life the game. Farm like a madman, get frustrated, farm some more. If you can invest 10 hours per day into the game, and play it smart, you should be able to become OP in 2 years, if you start from scratch. 1 billion coins per month is doable with this effort. In 2 years you get to 24 billion coins, with which you can enter the top 20%-30% of the server. Maybe a bit higher.
    2.2 Merchandise. If you go this route, you will avoid farming that much, but you still need those 2 years. The catch is that within these 2 years you need to not spend too much.
    2.3 Invest money. Depending on your wealth, you can get everything in 1 week, top tier, but be prepared for HEAVY investments. Over 10K$. If you aim for being number 1, it gets ridiculous.

Most people are in this last category and try to mix the 3 methods as they see fit.

Now, the sad part.
    Most games are designed so that your apetite of spending is increased. This game truly shines at that, so you will feel pressure to invest money since it is the only valid way to quickly catch up to the people who played the game 5+ years. As you invest, you will do it more and more. This tends to create some addiction, one that the game itself quietly acknowledges by placing a limit on daily spending of real money, one that you can disable per request.

Oh, one more thing. The client support is there, but it kind of is not. Its a paradox. The folks are nice enough, but lately it seems that nothing is actually done.

Cheers!

Give this guy a cake.
    giphy.gif

• tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    The game is Free-to-play. It's only as expensive as you allow it to be. o:)
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    This game is only free if you no-life it or don't care about pvp or tw.

$10k-$15k seemed to be about the average an end game cash shopper would spend to supplement farming. Some people much more, some people less... but if you look at end-game TW factions, at least a 1/3 have spent more than $5k.
  • mulier
    3 months of merching - 10b coins - make it half a year and u got ur engame gears merched - without moving at all..

run the game on some old shitarse rig , to not get killed by electricity bills

you would prolly need half a year of doing dailies and nuema to catch up anyways - win win scenario... [atleast in MY books :P - as merchanting can be a very satisfying part of the game ]
  • mulier
    meh , for whatever reason i cant edit my previous post ... merching is not for new ppl, so that option is not really a valid one ;(

in case any new ppl DO want to merch though : google warren wolfy and get used to the basics... or rather try to get the idea behind the processes involved (alot of detail on the actual items is outdated)

really hated that guy for posting a detailed merch guide back then T_T .. competition grew from a few dedicated people, to suddently evry child and his mother running item shops :P
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    all servers are now PvE with option to PvP which most people dont do.
    So to answer your question.
    Dont put money into a game that is mostly PvE.
    NGTUy53.png