[Maintenance Discussion] 9/8/15 COMPLETE

Options
surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance will be from 11pm to 2am PDT to apply patch 886. Patch notes can be found here.

Maintenance question: What is one thing you hope to see humanity accomplish before you die?
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    The cure of HIV/AIDS
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    surtr wrote: »
    Maintenance question: What is one thing you hope to see humanity accomplish before you die?

Warp drive. They're almost there on the impulse engines already.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • yef2009
    yef2009 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    One thing you hope to see humanity accomplish before you die? hmmmm not sure, but I would like to see PWE do something about our missing Faction Icons in this lifetime
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    The cure for cancer
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    yef2009 said:

One thing you hope to see humanity accomplish before you die? hmmmm not sure, but I would like to see PWE do something about our missing Faction Icons in this lifetime

and spirit coins.

ln5aR6B.jpg
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    to see PWE make a competent decision.
    NGTUy53.png

• noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    Options
    For PWE to stop treating this game and the players like red-headed step-children.​​
  • krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    Options
    the cure for no common sense and general human stupidity. i know. i dream big
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Options
    I.Q. test for internet log-on​​
  • krian090590
    edited September 2015
    Options

I.Q. test for internet log-on​​

an excellent idea, but then over half the server population could never get back on, and that'd be the end of the game
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • meiwaku
    meiwaku Posts: 14 Arc User
    Options
    possibly something about the account stashes
  • djlucaslits
    djlucaslits Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    You all are thinking too small. The time allotted for the question to be answered should be a meaningless value at some point.
  • krian090590
    edited September 2015
    Options

You all are thinking too small. The time allotted for the question to be answered should be a meaningless value at some point.

Solving world hunger/peace. developing intergalatic travel with new friends from outer space. discovery of magic working in the real world. discovering the secret to immortality and time travel

Or do you want something along the lines of. fixing netflix so it doesnt interrupt every 3 episodes of bingewatching a full series.
    Etherblade Server
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    Rid the world of career politicians. Force politicians and the elites to live by the same laws and rules they mandate for the rest of us. If their policies are good enough for us then it ought to be good enough for them too.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I.Q. test for internet log-on
    an excellent idea, but then over half the server population could never get back on, and that'd be the end of the game

You're being far too optimistic. Kitty said. That would easily lock at least 70% of PWI's players out of PWI. If people's (general lack of) common sense gives any clue about it...(unless Kitty's just an effin genius and she's got standards too high because of that).

Ethical re-evaluation.​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • krian090590
    edited September 2015
    Options

I.Q. test for internet log-on

You're being far too optimistic. Kitty said. That would easily lock at least 70% of PWI's players out of PWI. If people's (general lack of) common sense gives any clue about it...(unless Kitty's just an effin genius and she's got standards too high because of that).

i said more than half, not as optimism, but being generous to the fact that i think it would be more like 95% of the server population.
    Kitty is being the optimistic one here. but long may the dark empress of raging tideswell reign, if it pleases her
    Etherblade Server
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    Options

Solving world hunger/peace. developing intergalatic travel with new friends from outer space. discovery of magic working in the real world. discovering the secret to immortality and time travel
    answers in order.
    never will happen due to human nature. You watch too much scifi. The basis of the idea of magic itself is the reality that it is impossible, therefore you are wanting to make something that will always be defined as impossible as possible. Immortality will never exist, but a very extended life will. Get this one, if Time travel were/does/will ever exist and someone were to do it, time itself would break/be breaking in an infinite loop of breaking time. Therefore it can't happen or time itself would break... yeah its complicated... essentially it can't happen or we wouldn't exist.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • celtthunder
    celtthunder Posts: 53 Arc User
    Options

For PWE to stop treating this game and the players like red-headed step-children.​​

At least. It's an unmaintained cash cow. The constant lags and dc problems since the merger
    are making it impossible.

We get a new expansion, but the problems become worse, so what's the point? Why not spend
    that time fixing what already exists first????????????? Seriously. Why?

• ayv#7882
    ayv#7882 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    :dizzy:
  • skizopren
    skizopren Posts: 1 Arc User
    Options
    Time machine...
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    I'd love to see PWI make the archer class relevent again. Also would be nice to see a cure for cancer before I die. But not getting my hopes up in either situation.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • deviouswolf
    deviouswolf Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    A cure for ALL deadly diseases and rid the world of ALL deadly weapons.
    pwiwolf_zpsv2s2mi1u.png
  • krian090590
    edited September 2015
    Options

answers in order.

never will happen due to human nature. You watch too much scifi. The basis of the idea of magic itself is the reality that it is impossible, therefore you are wanting to make something that will always be defined as impossible as possible. Immortality will never exist, but a very extended life will. Get this one, if Time travel were/does/will ever exist and someone were to do it, time itself would break/be breaking in an infinite loop of breaking time. Therefore it can't happen or time itself would break... yeah its complicated... essentially it can't happen or we wouldn't exist.​​

someone missed the sarcasm i meant in what i said due to someone think previous posts were too small
    Etherblade Server
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Options
    skizopren wrote: »
    Time machine...

You're dreaming of SERN taking over the world, turning it into a dystopia?tiger-11.gif​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    nothing personal - but red font is like the WORST COLOR EVER - given we got a dark schemed background....

but i guess , if im getting any answer at all, it is gonna be somewhere along the lines of: if you dont want to read it, so dont ----
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Options
    Not even a "we're sorry, we were too busy drinking coffee to care about the game's anniversary, even though we promised in a live stream that something big is going to happen" is quite shameful.​​
    DeffyNature