Balancing Duskblades

Comments

• mrzflow
    mrzflow Posts: 3 Arc User
    damage nurf
    Inlcuding Strombringer :neutral: they are way too hurt as well!
  • spaz95
    spaz95 Posts: 110 Arc User
    pot anti-paralyze

healing skill is just an example to be qualified as support class....like cleric have SOG, long sleep, shield skills, etc to ensure their survival due to "lack of offense skills" (which is not a thing now...hurray for cyclone spamming)
    LOL you play support role for your team because you have **** gears....if you have RRR9+12 yourself....support role anymore Mr. iknowallaboutarcher? and don't tell me a RRR9 DB has "support" role in a team...a RRR9 DB can deal 21k to my RRR9 archer who has 33k physical def, 1080 spirit, and 50 deff LVs....yeah DB is really "supporting"..... while a poor RRR9+12 archer still has a "support" role according to your theory....do you think it's fair?

your second paragraph just simply means PWI has downgraded archer from a normal class to a non-playable "support" class....BTW only RRR9 bow has a so-called "purge" (G15 doesn't count since it doesn't come with -int)....that means you need to be RRR9 to play this "support" class....no thanks i rather RRR9 another class.
    lastly....if i use physical attack on someone while other people are also attacking that person....it's called gank not support.....
    when new update comes archer is pushed deeper in the trash can thank you very much

like i said if you don't have a RRR9 archer and don't really play an archer, please do not speak like you know everything about archer.....Mr. iknowallaboutarcher.
    Calm down bro with all that salt your gonna give yourself high blood pressure. Sorry i dont have r9rr +12 yet. I only started with 40m 8 months ago and there has been no GsT sales in the last 6 months so i cant get r9 atm. 4b only gets ya so far when everything is off sale.

But you missed my point. Yes db are an offensive class but I dont have the gear to be offensive in pvp so i play the support roll of locking people down and let the gank consume them. Dont be getting all salty here coz you die in pvp by duskblades. I have seen many lose to Archers, yeah many more db win but a good Archer can beat a db. Even a r9rr +12 EP with 1k+ spirit can lay waste to a Nation War battle field. So dont give me this QQ **** man.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    damage nurf
    spaz95 wrote: »

spaz95 wrote: »

Lel. N3 DB telling how DBs arent OP. I hit N3 DBs, if range is over 8m, for 3k crits and my physical range is 50k+ at high end. That alone is absolutely broken, archer cant beat evenly matched DB, it cant be done, period. Well sure, I have **** close enough as geared DBs as me in 1vs1 but those DBs were just god horrible at their class.

If DB loses 1vs1 on somewhat even gear to anything but sin or BM, maybe barb(?) they are complete trash. Losing any other matchup should be impossible to any remotely decent DB, discounting DB vs DB matchup.

DBs only weakness is being somewhat "squishy" at melee fights. This still puts them at major advantage against any ranged classes for simply being absolutely unkillable outside of melee range, which forces ranged classes to stay in melee range of DB if they ever intend to kill it. And DBs have the deadliest CC kit, they can permalock you with lot of paralyses, which you cant really genie your way out of. Well you can time faith right before incoming para but that is pretty darn hard against evenly skilled player. After this though? DB will just lock you knowing you have no genie left and **** you, lel. So unless you can kill DB in 4s window, which btw cant be done in even matchup, you are done for. You could chain IG but DB can easily match that IG with their own apoth.

Psychics are hard to kill too as a DB thanks to soul of silence and Dragon Trap doing 5 hits in quick succession. I have had Archers with same gear as me that i couldnt beat. Granted they couldnt beat me but they used their skills, charms and pots well. Yes a r9rr archer vs r9rr Duskblade it is very one sided but i have seen Archers win.

Barbs cant really beat Duskies coz of the CC Duskies have. Also the debuff that can increase cool downs by 1min on skills destroys what little stunlock barbs already have. But I do think the game needs a anti paralyse pot. Be useful but even then against duskblades it wont be a threat coz we can just poof into a shadow then kill after.

BESIDES Archers are NOT a 1v1 class. They are a group PvP, DD support class. That is their roll in PvP. So what you should be doing is use BV on a Duskie and get someone to support you. Duskblades are built for 1v1 PvP but are not the best in group PvP like a Stormbringer is. Besides wanna get good at PvP? fight the classes you have the biggest disadvantage to if they have the same gear. There are ways for all classes to kill others.

They are a Anti-Archer class yes, but you guys are Anti magic class. Dont forget the classes Archers can **** on.

You are clearly terrible at your class and completely oblivious to where archers stand currently. Archer offers absolutely nothing some other class doesnt do better. There is zero reason to roll archer for support, veno does it better. There is zero reason to roll as DD, casters do it way better. Archers str basically just purge bots as their damage isnt enough to be considered a DD class but they lack skill set to truly be a support class.

If you struggle in group PvP as dusk, you are just terrible at your class. The ranged damage tickles DBs, unless you are completely out of position you arent really dying too easily as you are tankier than a damn BM, which is pretty damn tanky. DB has that potential to drop their targets in matter of seconds, specially if they outgear said targets. And if you happen to be unable to kill your target, you can easily lock it out of fight.

Archer deals pretty irrelevant damage compared to pretty much any other class. The only thing archers do, which has larger impact, is purge. Purge is death in group PvP in general but as I said, veno is better purge class.1vs1 archers just get shat on by every other class. The problem really with archer, as a class, is the lack of damage. Killing even robes on even gear is extremely painful if they arent completely terrible at their classes as they`ll have such an absurd amount of p.def.​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Calm down bro with all that salt your gonna give yourself high blood pressure. Sorry i dont have r9rr +12 yet. I only started with 40m 8 months ago and there has been no GsT sales in the last 6 months so i cant get r9 atm. 4b only gets ya so far when everything is off sale.

But you missed my point. Yes db are an offensive class but I dont have the gear to be offensive in pvp so i play the support roll of locking people down and let the gank consume them. Dont be getting all salty here coz you die in pvp by duskblades. I have seen many lose to Archers, yeah many more db win but a good Archer can beat a db. Even a r9rr +12 EP with 1k+ spirit can lay waste to a Nation War battle field. So dont give me this QQ **** man.
    you missed my point......low gear DB = support, low gear archer = 1 hit target....high gear DB = killing machnine, high gear archer = "support"..... fair?
    let me tell you what....there is nothing in this game called support class.....hell, even cleric is not a support class, and you call archer a "support" class......i bet you only play this game when DB and SB came out.
    i would like to see how a DB lose to archer (the only DBs that i can kill is either 1 hit (terrible gears) or stupid (terrible skills)).....post a video if you can....BTW DB is not an easy class to control if you lose to an archer probbaly because of your terrible skill......why don't you tell me how to beat DB using archer? please Mr. iknowallaboutarcher?
    you obviously miss the point here...i don't QQ to anyone....i just give you a real example how broken this DB class is....even a wizzy can't do this much damge to me and my mag deff is only 30k.....fair?

please if you can make a tatic of how archer can kill DB or any other class thanks in advange Mr. iknowallaboutarcher
    since you like archer that much why don't you RRR9 archer instead of DB Mr. iknowallaboutarcher
    Post edited by patrickhuong on
  • spaz95
    pot anti-paralyze

please if you can make a tatic of how archer can kill DB or any other class thanks in advange Mr. iknowallaboutarcher
    since you like archer that much why don't you RRR9 archer instead of DB Mr. iknowallaboutarcher

Stun > Thunder Shock > Occult Ice > Lightning Strike > Wing Burst > Physical Immune Pot (8 sec is best) > If fast genie recovery Tangling mare > Lightning Strike > Wing Burst > Wings of Grace > Stun and then idk what ever you wish from there.

I dont know how well that would work on end game r9rr Duskies but as far as the pvp im involved in if an archer stays close to you and pulls that off after they have baited most of my paralyse skills it can get very hairy for me. Yeah there are counters to it of course but to throw in long combos is always hard in pvp. Thats the only way DB can kill Blademasters with huge combos chains.

1v1 a DB for an hour and seek the methods. There are ways for EA to kill DB. You cant play the ranged game. You gotta bait the paralyse tele combo, and stay close and personal. We can only do that 3 tele para once every 2min.

• spaz95
    pot anti-paralyze
    saxroll said:

You are clearly terrible at your class and completely oblivious to where archers stand currently. Archer offers absolutely nothing some other class doesnt do better. There is zero reason to roll archer for support, veno does it better. There is zero reason to roll as DD, casters do it way better. Archers str basically just purge bots as their damage isnt enough to be considered a DD class but they lack skill set to truly be a support class.

If you struggle in group PvP as dusk, you are just terrible at your class. The ranged damage tickles DBs, unless you are completely out of position you arent really dying too easily as you are tankier than a damn BM, which is pretty damn tanky. DB has that potential to drop their targets in matter of seconds, specially if they outgear said targets. And if you happen to be unable to kill your target, you can easily lock it out of fight.

Archer deals pretty irrelevant damage compared to pretty much any other class. The only thing archers do, which has larger impact, is purge. Purge is death in group PvP in general but as I said, veno is better purge class.1vs1 archers just get shat on by every other class. The problem really with archer, as a class, is the lack of damage. Killing even robes on even gear is extremely painful if they arent completely terrible at their classes as they`ll have such an absurd amount of p.def.​​

Guess I know better Archers than you then...

• keihan007#7641
    damage nurf
    spaz95 said:

Stun > Thunder Shock > Occult Ice > Lightning Strike > Wing Burst > Physical Immune Pot (8 sec is best) > If fast genie recovery Tangling mare > Lightning Strike > Wing Burst > Wings of Grace > Stun and then idk what ever you wish from there.

I dont know how well that would work on end game r9rr Duskies but as far as the pvp im involved in if an archer stays close to you and pulls that off after they have baited most of my paralyse skills it can get very hairy for me. Yeah there are counters to it of course but to throw in long combos is always hard in pvp. Thats the only way DB can kill Blademasters with huge combos chains.

1v1 a DB for an hour and seek the methods. There are ways for EA to kill DB. You cant play the ranged game. You gotta bait the paralyse tele combo, and stay close and personal. We can only do that 3 tele para once every 2min.

Are you high? That combo is absolute joke to any remotely competent DB. Well sure, we can assume DB is afk but thats kinda silly.

First of, str genie with occult ice, I have personally never seen such a genie on archer and for a good reason. Its nothing but 1vs1 genie and even in 1vs1 situation it will only work against melee classes.

That combo is idiotic, archer is never getting to start that combo from "full" if DB is on melee range. Its not gonna happen, building combos on such assumption is hilarious.

Generally the fight between archer and DB starts with archer hitting from range, trying to purge as killing anybody buffed at even semi-endgame isnt really happening w/o zerk weapon. DB will then teleport to archer and lock archer down. Archer can break CC once with genie, WoG at which point any DB worth anything will disarm archer. Disarmed archer cant even leap. Archer can chain IG to WoG but that can be matched by DB not making any real difference to fight. DB can also paralock trough WoG and while it prevents that god damn annoying sleep, it really doesnt mean DB cant lock you down.

The general unstoppable combo w/o genie is sleep -> triple spark -> Blinking moment -> Grief ->Quadrature ->Channel para(Cant for life of mine remember the name) ->Motionless Move -> Nightstalker-> Motionless Move. If archer is left standing, continue with sleep -> Reaper form, build up chi with your chi combo while abusing sleep/disarm to make sure you are in no danger. When you are back to more or less max chi, go for another attempt to archers life.

Yes, I have killed some R9 DBs but I have also killed +12 deity sin in 1vs1. The thing is, its not that I had any advantage in those matchups, I am not even gonna claim I played those brilliantly. They were just terrible at their classes and that gave me a fighting chance. But being forced to rely on opponent being terrible is far from balanced matchup.

But as I said earlier, you really dont seem to have any idea what you are talking bout. Endgame, specially def charmed, people take a lot of hits to go down. The initial combo, even if you were to get it off wouldnt kill DB on even gear.

• patrickhuong
    edited September 2015

well thanks....look like you are a novice archer.....first we archer don't have occult ice genie because it needs super high str for success rate....we prefer magic genie with high stamina recovery.... second we use deep poinson to amp not tangling mire (and it looks like you have no idea what you are talking about....using mag skills coupled with a physical deff amp)....BTW all the skills you said above have atleast 6s cool down....YOU CAN'T SPAM THEM...
    my strategy for DB
    WOG>IG>sage QS>deep poision> wingstrike spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm = death DB (or death archer after IG run out).....i can use blessing of conder and keep using wingstrike spam.....but it really depends on luck

lol don't tell me you try to stun DB in close range...their sleep skill is instant cast lol....i think you will get sleep before your stunning arrow finish channeling......not working Dr. iknowallaboutarcher :p
  • keihan007#7641
    damage nurf

well thanks....look like you are a novice archer.....first we archer don't have occult ice genie because it needs super high str for success rate....we prefer magic genie with high stamina recovery....second we use deep poinson to amp not tangling mire....BTW all the skills you said above have atleast 6s cool down....YOU CAN'T SPAM THEM...
    my strategy for DB
    WOG>IG>sage QS>deep poision> wingstrike spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm = death DB (or death archer after IG run out).....i can use blessing of conder and keep using wingstrike spam.....but it really depends on luck

lol don't tell me you try to stun DB in close range...their sleep skill is instant cast lol....i think you will get sleep before your stunning arrow finish channeling......not working Dr. iknowallaboutarcher :p

Actually you can spam melee skills. Wing Strike->Wing Burst->Wing Strike->Thunder Shock->Wing Strike->Wing Burst -> Wing Strike ->Lightning Strike and rinse repeat. More of a PvE combo when I am tanking and feel like tryharding.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    make paralyze purifyable
    hell, even cleric is not a support class

God, I'm doing everything wrong then.

Real talk, archers are trash outside of mass pvp and even in mass pvp, they feel more like a support class than the DD class they're intended to be unless you out-gear most other people. This is bad design and is one of the things that should be taken care of in a balancing overhaul for all of the classes, but we know that's not gonna happen.​​
  • missinin17
    missinin17 Posts: 38 Arc User
    The real threat here is endgame psy: 45% chance to silence for 8 sec every hit and on top of that a 15 second stun...
  • patrickhuong
    edited September 2015
    spaz95 said:

saxroll said:

Guess I know better Archers than you then...

pretty confident aren't you?
    you don't have an end game archer (RRR9), you don't PK with archer, you don't even play archer and you tell someone who has played archer their entire PWI life that you know archer better than that person
    It's like a college student tells the professor," hey prof, let me show you how this work"......just plain dumb in my opinion.
    From your tone i think you like archer....why don't you RRR9 an archer instead of DB? I think it's what your heart wants
    Just because i am nice i will still tell you this....don't RRR9 archer. It is a waste of time/money/energy because this class has been downgraded to a non-playable state.
    saxroll said:

well thanks....look like you are a novice archer.....first we archer don't have occult ice genie because it needs super high str for success rate....we prefer magic genie with high stamina recovery....second we use deep poinson to amp not tangling mire....BTW all the skills you said above have atleast 6s cool down....YOU CAN'T SPAM THEM...
    my strategy for DB

Actually you can spam melee skills. Wing Strike->Wing Burst->Wing Strike->Thunder Shock->Wing Strike->Wing Burst -> Wing Strike ->Lightning Strike and rinse repeat. More of a PvE combo when I am tanking and feel like tryharding.
    you might not know this but sage archer can spam wingstrike non-stop (there is a trick to it, i will show you if you want to know), so you can get almost 1 aps (faster than normal arrow pew pew (not demon))......the nice thing about wingstrike spam is that it is skill so it can get 20% damge increase from the passive
    it enable me to do so many things that i can't in the past. For example, stealing aggro in FSP, soloing 3-3.....
    when fighting sins now, i don't even kite them or leap (it's useless anyway they just use tele and the subsea debuff is just so deadly). I use WOG then will surge > sage QS > deep poison > wingstrike spam and i have killed many RRR9 sins easier this way

God, I'm doing everything wrong then.

Real talk, archers are trash outside of mass pvp and even in mass pvp, they feel more like a support class than the DD class they're intended to be unless you out-gear most other people. This is bad design and is one of the things that should be taken care of in a balancing overhaul for all of the classes, but we know that's not gonna happen.​​
    what i mean is that if clerics want they can be really offensive....in fact, cleric is one of the perfect classes in this game
    magic shell makes you almost invincible and 1 more shield skill plus a +100% physical deff buff, etc..
    clerics are not scared of purge because they just simple rebuff themselves
    if something went wrong, clerics just simply sleep/SOG and run away from that opponent
    cyclone spamming adds more offensive power to cleric
    in VD...their damge can be compared to any AA classes
    hell....this class is not a support class unless you choose to be one

The real threat here is endgame psy: 45% chance to silence for 8 sec every hit and on top of that a 15 second stun...

psy is broken for a long time...you don't know that?
    Post edited by patrickhuong on
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    missinin17 wrote: »

Especially in nw, people go attack r9 3rd cast +12 josd psy in white voodo with aps. Pwi players have awesome logic at times.​​
  • patrickhuong
    edited September 2015

Especially in nw, people go attack r9 3rd cast +12 josd psy in white voodo with aps. Pwi players have awesome logic at times.​​
    what do you suggest people should do in that case if that psy is carrying the flag? Mr. iamlogicman :*
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Especially in nw, people go attack r9 3rd cast +12 josd psy in white voodo with aps. Pwi players have awesome logic at times.

what do you suggest people should do in that case if that psy is carrying the flag? Mr. iamlogicman :*

Let the psy win. Nation war is not about winning, it is about getting max points quickly.​​
  • patrickhuong
    edited September 2015
    jabq said:

Especially in nw, people go attack r9 3rd cast +12 josd psy in white voodo with aps. Pwi players have awesome logic at times.

what do you suggest people should do in that case if that psy is carrying the flag? Mr. iamlogicman
    Let the psy win. Nation war is not about winning, it is about getting max points quickly.​​
    why don't you tell me this when i made my char...hell why didn't i make a psy damn it :'(
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    genie anti-paralyze
    The Archer thing again? oh well...

Duskblades are only OP because it is literally impossible beating them with a LA (cept sins) and all caster classes (cept maybe psys when they are really really lucky with SoS). Even the HA classes (cept the barb) have a hard time fighting a dusk, esp deity dusks. You can escape the lock once with AD/Faith and use IG afterwards to attack for a short while but then the Dusk just uses Umbral stalker and if neccesary stealth afterwards. As they keep you on target it is impossible to attack them before they can jump to you cause you need to target them first. With genie and Apo on CD you can't survive the dmg inside the lock. Granted. On absolute endgame gears and maximum Buffs (base, Ink, NW Wine, Dusk Buffs) you might be able to survive the dmg even inside the lock but you mostly on run around with these buffs in mass. When you get attacked by more ppl than just the dusk you gone as well. Selfbuffed 1on1? Impossible.

To the Archer Thingy: Every class needs to have multiple genies. I said this sooo many times and I still mean it. Expecting to win in every situation with just one genie is stupid and bares no logic at all. If you are 1on1ing certain classes it would be wise using a STR-Built genie, vs others a DEX-Genie would shine and against even other classes a VIT/MAG-Built genie would be good. Any class needs at least one genie of those 3 kinds to be prepared for any class to 1on1 with.

An example: When fighting a Barb as an Archer: Why would u use a vit/mag genie when u most likely only have AD/Faith on it to protect yourself? One time you can escape via Faith. If the barb catches you afterwards you are absolutely defenseless. Great Idea. GG. Why not rather use a STR-Built genie with Occult Ice (Works as defense very well altho a bit risky) and Expel/AD. Higher Survi and more CC-ing potential vs a 1-Time-Saver. Still, Faith is imho the dumbest skill you could ever use in a 1on1. Every dumb moron knows that you cant really use your genie for at least 20~ seconds after you've used Faith for anything else with results in insta-Death when you get cought.

I dare anyone spouting out **** like "I'm pro" when they don't even take advantage of all possibilities there are in this game. A very defensively playing, deity sharded archer can kill any other class in a 1on1 with the exception of Duskblades (when they are good ofc). It's not like an Archer could wreck those classes 10-0 but he has a good chance of winning a fight. Yes. I pulled that off and alot of other archer on...another server. Maybe I will soon provide footage of how to beat the other classes as an Archer so that this massive QQing can finally end.

The only reasonable improvements for Archer they could do are as follows:

1. Give Stunning Arrow and Aim Low a 100% proc chance and make them also 100% accu.
    2. Lower the Chi cost of Aim Low to max 50 Chi.
    3. OPTIONAL! Transform the Stun from Stunning Arrow into Paralyze (NOTE: The max time shoul dbe capped at 3 seconds tho, anything else would be broken for archer and you know that)

This would perfectly "fix" the class without breaking it. Anything else is just stupid.
  • patrickhuong
    edited September 2015
    jsxshadow said:

Duskblades are only OP because it is literally impossible beating them with a LA (cept sins) and all caster classes (cept maybe psys when they are really really lucky with SoS). Even the HA classes (cept the barb) have a hard time fighting a dusk, esp deity dusks. You can escape the lock once with AD/Faith and use IG afterwards to attack for a short while but then the Dusk just uses Umbral stalker and if neccesary stealth afterwards. As they keep you on target it is impossible to attack them before they can jump to you cause you need to target them first. With genie and Apo on CD you can't survive the dmg inside the lock. Granted. On absolute endgame gears and maximum Buffs (base, Ink, NW Wine, Dusk Buffs) you might be able to survive the dmg even inside the lock but you mostly on run around with these buffs in mass. When you get attacked by more ppl than just the dusk you gone as well. Selfbuffed 1on1? Impossible.

To the Archer Thingy: Every class needs to have multiple genies. I said this sooo many times and I still mean it. Expecting to win in every situation with just one genie is stupid and bares no logic at all. If you are 1on1ing certain classes it would be wise using a STR-Built genie, vs others a DEX-Genie would shine and against even other classes a VIT/MAG-Built genie would be good. Any class needs at least one genie of those 3 kinds to be prepared for any class to 1on1 with.

An example: When fighting a Barb as an Archer: Why would u use a vit/mag genie when u most likely only have AD/Faith on it to protect yourself? One time you can escape via Faith. If the barb catches you afterwards you are absolutely defenseless. Great Idea. GG. Why not rather use a STR-Built genie with Occult Ice (Works as defense very well altho a bit risky) and Expel/AD. Higher Survi and more CC-ing potential vs a 1-Time-Saver. Still, Faith is imho the dumbest skill you could ever use in a 1on1. Every dumb moron knows that you cant really use your genie for at least 20~ seconds after you've used Faith for anything else with results in insta-Death when you get cought.

I dare anyone spouting out **** like "I'm pro" when they don't even take advantage of all possibilities there are in this game. A very defensively playing, deity sharded archer can kill any other class in a 1on1 with the exception of Duskblades (when they are good ofc). It's not like an Archer could wreck those classes 10-0 but he has a good chance of winning a fight. Yes. I pulled that off and alot of other archer on...another server. Maybe I will soon provide footage of how to beat the other classes as an Archer so that this massive QQing can finally end.

1. Give Stunning Arrow and Aim Low a 100% proc chance and make them also 100% accu.
    3. OPTIONAL! Transform the Stun from Stunning Arrow into Paralyze (NOTE: The max time shoul dbe capped at 3 seconds tho, anything else would be broken for archer and you know that)

This would perfectly "fix" the class without breaking it. Anything else is just stupid.

good i am waiting Mr. iampro
    wait.....i thought you already have a RRR9 archer.....OMG i was shock you didn't have one from all that IMPRESSIVE talk about archer....
    PS: please make video how archer VS other 11 Classes....i am so dying to see thanks in advanges and stop acting like you are the only one who knows how to play PWI.....god...this game is not hard to play IJS
  • jsxshadow
    genie anti-paralyze

jsxshadow said:

good i am waiting Mr. iampro
    wait.....i thought you already have a RRR9 archer.....OMG i was shock you didn't have one from all that IMPRESSIVE talk about archer....
    PS: please make video how archer VS other 11 Classes....i am so dying to see thanks in advanges and stop acting like you are the only one who knows how to play PWI.....god...this game is not hard to play IJS
    Sure, not a problem. I already have one, altho I'm not playing the archer, I am playing the barb. This Archer was doing a great job altho ofc I was a bit unlucky with procs. Still, very well played:

Barb vs Archer Starting at 13:58. PS. This is showing PServer footage so be warned.

And ofc this game is easy as shet which makes it even sadder that some people just can't play it right. It isnt too much to ask to built a specified genie for every class. If ya cant even do that...well it's your own fault.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    make paralyze purifyable
    Well everyone, I know I lol'd.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I love that this too is becoming an archer qq thread. Not that i have anything against it. Just funny that it permeates every forum topic :wink:
  • patrickhuong
    edited September 2015
    Sure, not a problem. I already have one, altho I'm not playing the archer, I am playing the barb. This Archer was doing a great job altho ofc I was a bit unlucky with procs. Still, very well played:

Barb vs Archer Starting at 13:58. PS. This is showing PServer footage so be warned.

And ofc this game is easy as shet which makes it even sadder that some people just can't play it right. It isnt too much to ask to built a specified genie for every class. If ya cant even do that...well it's your own fault.
    hmm is that a R9 weap you are holding? can you show that archer gears?
    a R9 barb can almost killed a RRR9 archer....what's the point that you tried to prove here Mr. iampro?
    i can kill barbs too....but that barb is just a lot under-geared compared to mine......
    I notice in the video you have 2 G16 necks.....and unfortunately you are equipping the physical deff one during the archer fight (why? i don't know only you know)....second like i said above you are holding a R9 weap which means that you might be R9 not RRR9 and that archer might be RRR9....
    specific genie for every class? what's the point? for PK 1 VS 1 at west archo?
    what about NW and TW? i heard you can't swap genie during battle or if you are in battle state....I might be wrong though......
  • patrickhuong
    edited September 2015
    eirghan said:

I love that this too is becoming an archer qq thread. Not that i have anything against it. Just funny that it permeates every forum topic :wink:

because archer downgraded/nerfed/unplayable is a fact.....do you think asterelle (she actually plays archer) is a smart person? even she/he said that, so yeah it is a fact like the sun rise in the east and set in the west....people can repeat it many times
    I notice people who oppose/disagree/don't like are all that DO NOT have an end game archer (RRR9) or actually play it
    so please do not say anything with that care-free tone.....sound disgusting to me IJS
  • jsxshadow
    genie anti-paralyze

hmm is that a R9 weap you are holding? can you show that archer gears?
    a R9 barb can almost killed a RRR9 archer....what's the point that you tried to prove here Mr. iampro?
    i can kill barbs too....but that barb is just a lot under-geared compared to mine......
    I notice in the video you have 2 G16 necks.....and unfortunately you are equipping the physical deff one during the archer fight (why? i don't know only you know)....second like i said above you are holding a R9 weap which means that you might be R9 not RRR9 and that archer might be RRR9....
    specific genie for every class? what's the point? for PK 1 VS 1 at west archo?
    what about NW and TW? i heard you can't swap genie during battle or if you are in battle state....I might be wrong though......

Uh, I fought many sins before that fight and simply forgot to switch the neck. The gears have been absolutely equal, the archer being full deity and me being 16 deity/8 jades, rest is max r9rr +12 with CoM and WoA Set, Full nuema Portal 2nd rb. As I said, its footage from a pserver. Everything is absolutely equal and identical to our version of PW cept that its the version pre-Nightshades.

Ofc you use dif genies for 1on1 only but depending on which people you fight (as you dotn always fight the same numbers/classes) it could be wise using dif genies for mass as well. In mass Archer are perfectly fine as they are. Heck on my Storm I only get killed when I get purged in mass...so thats all an archer needs to do to get me killed. Good enough.
  • gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    few or many of the above, if so please specify which ones
    +1 to whoever said that post about the people that disagree are dusk mains or quit their main for dusk. Everyone is quitting their mains for the new classes. Sadly even with some of these nerfs they would probably STILL be overpowered due to all the ridiculous upgrades they just got.

I know pwi wants to generate tons of revenue so everyone just plays new classes and cash shops r9 since their old toons would be maxed but you dont nerf those things im outta here and my money which i bet i spend more on packs alone than 3 people will spend on their r9 rofl.

I dont want to quit my old class for a new class already way to many sbs and dusks though they are mostly babies once they grow up pvp will be basically nothing but stormies and dusks and very few people will play old classes. Which old classes like barb, bm, cleric are rare ENOUGH ALREADY.

Also why the heck do stormbringers even have paralyze? They need to be added on this list that move debuff and paralyze gotta go then it will actually be FAIR to fight a dang sb. I'm full r9rr+12 and today a g16 +8 stormy hit me for 10k by using the stupid debuff and push. How is that not overpowered and needs nerfing please explain?

This guy above me has a maxed barb yet plays his not complete stormie for pvp and even admits his sb will hit his barb for 40k easy and admits his sb is better [though he changes his story all the time and says ohhhh my barb is even]. No it isn't. Your barb cant hit me over 10k yet your sb easily does and has the same hax paralyze as your barb along with movement debuff and movement casting so why fear a barb? Check mate.

• gomiamiheat
    gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    few or many of the above, if so please specify which ones
    @patrickhuong

thats really sad when the devs say you have to gank that class to win. How about fair gameplay? I'm not gonna stick around and spend money on this **** when devs openly admit the new classes are overpowered.
  • keihan007#7641
    damage nurf
    Joe again with his multiple genies nonsense. The PK in this game is rarely the duels you are so interested in. Its jumping ppl during dailies, group PK, TW/NW. Generally the fights start with some all around genie you have on because you cant know who is gonna jump you. Its not ideal for any matchups but its generally good enough to not get stomped on. On other hand your idealized str genie on wrong matchup and you get completely shat on. Sure, I could have multiple genies just for those random 1vs1s I do maybe once every 2-3 months but I dont see much point in that as those really dont interest me much.

As for private servers, I would take video evidence from there with grain of salt. Archers, for some reason, are stronger on them. I have yet to pinpoint why but the damage output feels like more compared to official and I play archer on any server I log. Might not be the strongest class in game but I have kinda made my peace with it.

Lastly, that archer wasnt god awful but who the hell but an idiot attempts to fly against a barb? The damage output on that skill, which drops you off your flyer, is insane.

• armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2015

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited September 2015

eirghan said:

because archer downgraded/nerfed/unplayable is a fact.....do you think asterelle (she actually plays archer) is a smart person? even she/he said that, so yeah it is a fact like the sun rise in the east and set in the west....people can repeat it many times
    I notice people who oppose/disagree/don't like are all that DO NOT have an end game archer (RRR9) or actually play it
    so please do not say anything with that care-free tone.....sound disgusting to me IJS

1) Asterelle isnt a she

2) Asterelle is Bill Gates

3) He is in my faction and I've discussed it many times, though just because one smart person says something doesn't mean it is a) fact or b) justifies you posting about archer nerfs in a Duskblade poll.

4) I didn't say I disagreed, in fact i said I have nothing against archers stance on being nerfed, so your last sentence does not apply

5) My point still stands. This is a Duskblade thread, not an archer thread.

Have a nice day :)
  • patrickhuong
    edited September 2015
    eirghan said:

eirghan said:

1) Asterelle isnt a she

2) Asterelle is Bill Gates

3) He is in my faction and I've discussed it many times, though just because one smart person says something doesn't mean it is a) fact or b) justifies you posting about archer nerfs in a Duskblade poll.

4) I didn't say I disagreed, in fact i said I have nothing against archers stance on being nerfed, so your last sentence does not apply

5) My point still stands. This is a Duskblade thread, not an archer thread.

Have a nice day :)
    do you know why archers involved in this thread...let's me tell you this
    1) DB have a freaking passive skill that decrease RANGE DAMAGE, which class got affected the most.....ARCHER
    2) DB have ton of CC skills, 2 teleport skills that can be reset 1 time, which class got affected the most .....ARCHER
    3) to sum up archer is the biggest victim of this so-called broken class (duskblade)
    4) even a noob knows DB is an anti-archer class (a couple posts above this)
    5) enough reason to start archer discussion?
    6) i am not the one who start this archer talk please don't point your finger at me
This discussion has been closed.