PWI will not pull up from arc

Options
linder420
linder420 Posts: 38 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Support Desk
This started on september 1st when i wet to go log on to pwi and all the time before then never had any issues. im running on a dell laptop and using windows 7. here is what i get: http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/zigheart92/Capture 001.png
[SIGPIC]C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Stoner_zpsc496e801.gif[/SIGPIC]

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    That's not an error I've seen before, but I may have a couple of ideas.

Is this a recent install of the client, or was it already installed and working fine until just recently?
    Did you try verifying the client files a few times, or does this happen before you even see the patcher window?
    Also, have you excluded the client and Arc folders from your antivirus software's scans?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • linder420
    linder420 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Options
    i have already uninstalled and re-installed the game. and my antivirus has never effected pwi and the game play before. i cant verify any files if the patcher does not appear on my screen and i get that message trying to get it up
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\Stoner_zpsc496e801.gif[/SIGPIC]
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Ok, the first thing to do is exclude the entire client folder from your antivirus software. False positives causing critical files to be cleaned/quarantined/deleted/corrupted has been a known issue since 2008. It's a wonder they don't display a big banner about it when the games install.

After you've done that, try manually opening the Patcher.exe file from ...\PWI_en\Patcher and see if it will load the patcher to allow you to then run verify. If you are able to, verify the files at least 3 times. Then try running it normally.
    If Patcher.exe fails to load, you may need to remove and re-install once more wile having the active scan of your AV software turned off so that it does not corrupt the files.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ridelia
    ridelia Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Options
    There: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMLss_oLtvQ , thats how other people solved error 0xc0000005.