how expensive is the game

hi,

how expensive is the game? how much real money i have to spend in the higher level?

it goes without investing money?

Comments

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    it goes suprisingly well without spending money but dont expect to reach the very endgame and have fun in PvP oriented content. Thats not gonna happen without a few thousand but other then that its a perfectly well PvE game where you can have alot of fun with squads and guildmates.

Cheers :)
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    You can do well in end game pvp depending on your class, your level of skill, and the amount of time (whether you afk merchant or farm) you pour into game. For pvp without cashshoping, expect to have your character logged on Almost constantly.

As for pve though, you really don't have to spend any money what so ever to be able to enjoy every instance in game. Third upgrade of nirvana armor at decent refine is enough for literally any instance ( even the new flow silver judgement instance added recently) and it's extremely cheap. So if that's your goal you shouldn't have much issue.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • neferity1981
    neferity1981 Posts: 6 Arc User
    thanks a lot for your help :)
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    end game gear, R9 is on special (50% off) around 750$, Refin gear +12 will cost about 175$ per gear x 11 if i,m not mistaken, End gear gem JOSD are whit gold rate exchange, 25 to 30$ each x16 or more, and a end gear tome is 100$ +

Not including any item to increase Space, pump lv, pets for venos etc etc...

Oh and I forgot, Avatars, for end game, is 4$ to get a random avatar froma pack so depending on your luck you need 6 out of the 274 available to compete propely, and they require a ton more avatar to lv.

And now the Astrolab came out, Who know yet how much that will cost to end game it.

Expensive game.

PVE questing is fine, Quest reward has been pump up, but drop are all wortless, grinding will not earn you any coins quick. The server is full of product ppl don't buy.
  • razzzza

end game gear, R9 is on special (50% off) around 750$, Refin gear +12 will cost about 175$ per gear x 11 if i,m not mistaken, End gear gem JOSD are whit gold rate exchange, 25 to 30$ each x16 or more, and a end gear tome is 100$ +

Oh and I forgot, Avatars, for end game, is 4$ to get a random avatar froma pack so depending on your luck you need 6 out of the 274 available to compete propely, and they require a ton more avatar to lv.

And now the Astrolab came out, Who know yet how much that will cost to end game it.

Expensive game.

PVE questing is fine, Quest reward has been pump up, but drop are all wortless, grinding will not earn you any coins quick. The server is full of product ppl don't buy.

you listed very very endgame congratz man not everyone aims for that.

For Pve you need none of that and you get basicly everything for free when you play the damn game.
    You know farming with buddys or guildmates still exist and you can go as high as g16 with farming, cool huh?
    With g16 you can do pretty much everything pve has to offer so when its his goal, its fine and perfectly legit to reach without spending a dime.
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User

Even after getting all that, you can still get one shot in pve and pvp​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    The game is Free-to-play, Pay-to-Win.

If you don't care a lot about endgame PvP and just want an enjoyable experience, you can totally have that without spending a dime.

582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • galateiafkf
    galateiafkf Posts: 10 Arc User
    IF you do not make mistakes while leveling up, the game is free. I needed to stop play because I made the wrong stat build for my Venomancer. You need real life money to solve that, so, my gameplay ended there...
  • patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    Free to play, pay to win
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    "galateiafkf: IF you do not make mistakes while leveling up, the game is free. I needed to stop play because I made the wrong stat build for my Venomancer. You need real life money to solve that, so, my gameplay ended there..."

But that's silly. Depending on your level and the stat build you were using, you may be able to start statting decently, and it won't be that bad. Even if you completely screwed up, at 100+, you'll want to rebirth anyway, and you will then have the option to do your stats correctly for free. Making a new character is also free and could also give you the opportunity to try a different class. But if you don't really enjoy the game, I definitely understand why quitting is better.
    102/101/102 cleric
  • jabq
    exactly as cynderangel said, thanks to rb system, i can try out two builds before deciding what i want on my 2nd rb. For fun times i made an arcane barb, was fun, but requires money to make it work. Next i went vit build, hp was good, but since barb does not tank, there was no point in that, so i went str build.

For a psy went full vit build first time, couldn't really quickly. Second time i went mix, la/aa, didn't like it. Finally doing full magic build and liking it so far, have to have good armour, ornaments.​​
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    About 44k and in return you get empty promises. The price will vary, depending on what you are buying and using. That's my total cost in sales after 6 years in PWI.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • enbysra
    enbysra Posts: 57 Arc User
    Do you have a car? You'd best sell it and walk.

Do you have a house? You'd best reverse mortgage that.

Do you have kids and a wife? You don't need to know what happens to them in the slave trafficking business.

Do you have a soul? Well the devil can probably utilize it better than you can.

Do you want to win? Then see the above. B)
  • konagurl1
    konagurl1 Posts: 11 Arc User
    lol about 9 months in TT with a g16 seeker and aps sin +6 or so (all free) and i broke R9rr without one single dime.
    Go farm TT 2-3 about 3 or 4 times a day and hope for 2x so you can chrunch out a weekend or two. i can profit around 6-10m er run without a 2x in 2-3.. you can also farm 2-2 they sell very very well as well. TT mats are always a best seller.
    quick tip would be to
    do tt 1-3 sell chin's plates untill you can aps your sin.
    use sin more to farm 2-1 untill you can G16 a seeker or a decent cleric or BM.
    do 2-2 and 2-3 the only thing you can not tank toe to toe on a sin in there is wurlord. pull the right one out with earthflame and kill it. other than that its about 30 mins per run do this 3-4 times a day... r9 in roughly 9 months. reletivaly easy. same for JODS and for S cards and REFINES even.
    Do cube of fate once a day on any toon with tt 80 or better to get a CoG you need 270 of these for end game neck than sell extras.
    NationWars is amazing to do and gets free coins and mats for G15 and r9r.

simpley put IF you dont feel like selling your car or house. it still doesnt take that much. its only pay to win for lazy people.

KEY is WORK.... the better you want to be the HARDER you have to work.
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    konagurl1 wrote: »
    its only pay to win for lazy people.

KEY is WORK.... the better you want to be the HARDER you have to work.

There are those who spend most of their time actually working and play this game in the little free time they have. They are not lazy for spending money on the game. Farmers nor shoppers are better than one another. They are both needed for this game to survive.​​
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    if all you do is PVP and dont care about tw or nw or pk you can get along fine in any instance ingame with just having the morai gears you get from the npc's with prestige, if you know how to play your toon. with the morai gears you can solo just about any instance in the game until fb 99 but if youre lucky to refine them a bit to maybe +7 tops you can solo 99 with them too as long as you dont get swarmed by mobbies

heck if you do want to get a little bit of rank gears you can play just fine with no gear higher than rank 8, you can use that in any instance that is in this game if you get in good squads and have players with you that are patient and dont want to run around in suicide mode non stop...but I cant stand those people anyway

and all you need for rank 8 is 200k rep which you can get by slowly selling in kitty shop mode to make some coin....it takes awhile to do it by just kittyshopping your drops, but it works
    banner01.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    barber wrote: »
    if all you do is PVP and dont care about tw or nw or pk you can get along fine in any instance ingame with just having the morai gears you get from the npc's with prestige, if you know how to play your toon. with the morai gears you can solo just about any instance in the game until fb 99 but if youre lucky to refine them a bit to maybe +7 tops you can solo 99 with them too as long as you dont get swarmed by mobbies

heck if you do want to get a little bit of rank gears you can play just fine with no gear higher than rank 8, you can use that in any instance that is in this game if you get in good squads and have players with you that are patient and dont want to run around in suicide mode non stop...but I cant stand those people anyway

and all you need for rank 8 is 200k rep which you can get by slowly selling in kitty shop mode to make some coin....it takes awhile to do it by just kittyshopping your drops, but it works
    I believe you meant to say, "If all you do is PvE..." normal-1.gif​​

​​
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    that is a very valid question, especially when a game is "free to play".
    and as it has been said, pve is actually free, but endgame pvp gear costs tens of thousands of dollars.

there are many mmo sites that promote f2p games, but i have yet to see one that compares the actual cost of those "free" games. the cost should be calculated like:

-how much does it cost to reach endgame level with $
    -how much does it cost to obtain endgame gear in $
    that includes all gear enhancements (refines e.g.), non gear addons (cards or star charts e.g.).
    cost of best items with random elements (cards e.g.) would have to be statistically calculated.

-how much does the upkeep cost (charms, reparis, apoth, and so on)

the best endgame gear/level should be put in relation to the time needed to farm the same gear/level without spending a dime. the comparison should take into account how much time health professionals reccomend spending daily in front of a pc without risking negative psychological or physical impacts.

my conservative and vague estimate on current endgame gear in pwi:
    250.000 $ vs 20 years farming (with 2h pwi time daily)

i would love to see a gaming site with actually calculated cost vs time charts of free to play games!​​
  • jabq
    barber wrote: »

You can farm rep super fast now. Morai, warsong, rw, bh 2, trials. Couple that with the ingame coins you make, and buy rep when on sale. Might take you 1~3 months without setting up kitty shop at all.

If you want to solo, sure you can solo in morai, chances or death are higher, g15 = safer option. G16 = better option.

People have proven through videos that tt90 is basically all the gear you need to do things in squad. All the tt, warsong, lunar, delta. If pwi was a solo game, sure what you said would make sense. Some of us play this game to have fun with others, even if we can solo all of pwi (nw, tw included :persevere: )​​
  • razzzza
    sindarella wrote: »
    my conservative and vague estimate on current endgame gear in pwi:
    250.000 $ vs 20 years farming (with 2h pwi time daily)

Wait what? 250.000$?
    When you calculate the things that are basicly random (Star chart rolls, war avatar set nuema) then you can come up with some ridiculous prices but that just seems a bit too high.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    razzzza said:

Wait what? 250.000$?

When you calculate the things that are basicly random (Star chart rolls, war avatar set nuema) then you can come up with some ridiculous prices but that just seems a bit too high.​​

Honestly, I think they are about right. If you actually have a life outside of PWI, then you can put the cash into the game to get the stuff you need. If PWI IS your life, then you won't have to spend a single cent in game. Just farm for the coin, then buy the stuff as gold is tradable in game for coin.

So if someone has been playing PWI since the day of Close-Beta Release, that would be... March of 2008, and has put into the game $200 every 2 weeks, that brings the total amount up to $364,000. Keep in mind, that this is an "IF" scenario.

Now, let's change it to something a bit more realistic.

You get 500 people to pay $200 a month in the game since Close-Beta, that's $8,400,000. Though my math might be a bit off on this. It's still a lot of money that goes into this game regardless.

If everyone contributed $10 a week, you would notice that in a years time, this game would make pretty close to $64 Million. Though this is off topic.

All of the calculations are only within scenario cases. I wouldn't know the real amount that goes into the game as it DOES vary from player to player. Though with $364,000 being the highest possible amount that has gone into the game. As I have said before, I put into this game $44,000 USD. I've been playing Perfect World long before it became Perfect World International. When I switched over to International, the game had just released the Tideborn race.

Between this Perfect World and the previous version of Perfect World I did play, I would say I put in almost near $100,000 total.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    IF you do not make mistakes while leveling up, the game is free. I needed to stop play because I made the wrong stat build for my Venomancer. You need real life money to solve that, so, my gameplay ended there...
    You could just buy reset note from players or buy gold and get it from shop, this item is often on sale.

This game is actually FtP players friendly, because you don't need to spend real life money for anything if you don't want to. There are no items unobtainable if you don't cs. You can get just all the same as the hardcore CSer. All mats and items from boutique are tradable. If there are few untradable, you can buy gold from other players and use the boutique equally with everyone else.
    Another question is how to get "a lot and enough", but when ppl say it's pay-to-win, mind please, that all ppl and countries and incoms are different. And what you can easily farm or merch in few days, someone else will have to buy for half of his real life salary. Everything's relative. Demands and possibilities are different.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User

I believe you meant to say, "If all you do is PvE..." normal-1.gif​​

yup you're right I was typing too fast....I did mean to say PVE not PVP

speedy fingers slow mind B)

banner01.jpg
  • razzzza
    @asurin Yes if you pay monthly it can add up sure but it doesnt change a thing that the money they spend it on back then (maybe refine tt100 weapon to +12?) is worthless now and is negligible in this case of "how expensive is the game right now".

i can imagine that people pay like 200$ each month to keep up sure but when you have to call a number to have endgame gear it would not be 250.000$.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • konagurl1
    konagurl1 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Current price on Tide server ***gold =3.9m
    R9 base is around $900 on sale if you buy the GST not chips. and leaving one MoG to sell.
    R9 base 3.5bill
    REFINES
    +1-+6 = FREE with mirages
    +7 - x11 pc = 704m @ 64m/per or $180
    +8 - +10 x11 PC ** 100mx3x11= 3.3 bill or $846-825 if on sale
    +11 - x11 = 400m x 11 = 4.4bill or $1128 - $825 if on sale
    +12 - x11 = 700m x 11 = 7.7bill or $1927 or $1650 if on sale.

JODS or Diety stones
    each peice of GEAR can have 4 x 6 peices = 24 stones needed.
    each stone is around 300m or $80
    300x24=7.2bill
    80x24= $1920

END GAME ADDS
    Definence cube neck is around... 1.5 bill OR $385
    Emporer tome is around 2.5bill or $640
    NW upgraded ring 1.2bill or $310
    upgrade R9 ring about 360m or $92 + NWing
    wings of assention 1-1.5bill or $250-$385 + 100m in tokens or so OR $30
    S card set depends on luck $24-$2000
    Crown Of Madness is never being sold priced at 8bill last sold on DW OR $2051

TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING MINUS CARDS!!!!-
    32.7bill OR $7,803.00 USD this is top end

to answer OPs question..... it costs alot of money to be good...
    if you have a LOVE for pvp and want to be the very best like poke'mon than expect to pay around 8 grand cash
    if you however want to pvm pve ect and lets say you would love to cash that in.... your only at around $200 one time fee for full G16/T3 if you wanted neck and belt your still only at around $250 cash or about 2 months of a few hours a day farming...
    if someone really spends $2500k on this game.... maybe they should rethink their spending habits... fashion is very bad for you :)

IF I LEFT ANYTHING OUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WHAT IT IS AND CURRENT CASH/COIN PRICES!!!!

• sylenthunder
    konagurl1 wrote: »
    IF I LEFT ANYTHING OUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WHAT IT IS AND CURRENT CASH/COIN PRICES!!!!
    Now calculate how many hours that is if you're farming something like TT or Warsong. tiger-37.gif​​

​​
  • jabq
    LC people complain that sanctuary people rip everyone off :P.

Gold price 3.8m (sell price)

8,9,10 = 80m each during sale here = 2.6b
    11 = 300m = 3.3b
    12 = 500m~600m = 5.5~6.6b

Cube neck = 1.2b max to make it nw
    nw ring = 500m~600m

Roughly speaking, we can knock of 5 bil, possibly way more if a person knows where to shop.

Let's say 27bil = total cost. Charge money when there is a 15% zen bonus. $50 = 5300 zen = 53 gold.

27bil/(3.8m*1.02) = $7,150 roughly.

There is one important thing both of us left out, the cost of leveling S card set to max. I never did the coin cost of leveling the cards, if someone has a round figure, that would be appreciated.

You can also save the 11bil on refines, if you charge your gold during charge reward. Every 75 gold = 1 ocean orb. That is 100 ocean orbs for $7500 charged. 33 ocean orbs = get items to +10. Use the other 67 ocean orbs with tisha stones to get gear to +11, +12. 3 tries per gear piece to get it to +12 or 6 tries per gear piece to get it to +11. That is approximately $3,000 dollars saved (rounded up).

In reality a person does not need that much money to get top end gear. Let's assume $5,000 is the max we need. Judging from the spending habits of people, if you look at all the money spent by a person between when they were 14 years old and 18 years old, that number might come close to $5,000 for people living in developed countries. Developing country folks will have a harder time due to charging zen being in dollars.

If a person spent $52 dollars each month for the past 8 years of playing pwi, they would have spent $5,000 dollars by now.​​
  • razzzza
    You guys assume that the person in speak is NOT playing the game AT ALL.
    Calculating these numbers is mostly far off from the real money you need because most of them play the game more or less.
    BH,Lucky FSP book drops, FSP in general, freebies from PWI, everything lowers the cost by a bit or by alot.

You need 1456 C card packs to level ONE S card to lv 80. 8736 C packs for all 6 cards assuming you do not get any war avatar yourself and buying every single one of them.
    2912 needed to lv them to 80 again after rebirth (17.472 for all 6).
    4378 needed to lv them to 80 again after second rebirth (26.268 for all 6).

So idk man the numbers can be calculated but thats just assuming the person charges money, goes online, buys his stuff and goes offline right away not playing the game at all.
    Far from reality if you ask me.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Rough quess on lvn cards I wuld say was 1.5 bil in coins spent 5 s cards one rebirth s card and my lone A to forty .so basicly 6 S if take in acount rebirthed one , then 40 more c for the A card.this was spread out over 3 months and 4 of the S cards came from free events.Mayeb little more now was getting c for 140-160 now when finished last S was 190k each.

I have a R9RR cleric +11 2 gems 2 DOD each peice weapon 12 with 2 gems recasted r9 ring +10 ,emperor tome,uncasted ring +10 (saving now to redo refines when NW recast).RL x wife wiz was close all+10 weapon 12 . rough guess in 6 years dropped 6k between the two them.but I had great luck way back when could do Nirv make enough buy 100 packs from venders spend 15 mil and several acasions went 2-300 mil ahead.Unfortunatly I have a full second cast nirv set +10 with all gems several other peices high refined in banks because game evolved and had bit bullet make new gears.I have g14 cube neck have had for years thats +11 also after rings done will be next project and if game still around after that ill upgrade my g12 helm that i put josd in 5 -6 yrs ago when was 1.5 mil each only reason stil use is the josd and refined 10 lol.Also have a heavy set g16 all +10.

All in all say spent 3k on my chars if not little less. x wife did lot silly things cost money over the years so say prob was 70/30 split of money spent but just for real world numbers, could spend 3k and lot farming also, have decent but not top end chars.I still get the pack adiction when charge rewards and bonuses are on. drop 100 try my luck.but just dont go to the bars that week and actualy save my self money.lol

Lvln is easy I say, gears is hard.enjoy the game in what ever ways best suit you if can afford heck spend and have fun if cant offord find guild make friends and work together farm some gears.
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • jabq
    razzzza wrote: »
    So idk man the numbers can be calculated but thats just assuming the person charges money, goes online, buys his stuff and goes offline right away not playing the game at all.
    Far from reality if you ask me.

Isn't that what we do, when we hit 100. All the hard work in reaching 100 and the gear, we just log on to chat :hushed:. I know it is far from reality, but for me it shows how much my gear has come along as a f2p player, and how much further i still need to go to be at the top.

Some players might just spend that amount of money and see how they like it, rich people operate differently.​​