[Maintenance Discussion] 9/1/15 COMPLETE

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance will be from 11pm to 2am PDT to apply patch 885. Patch notes can be found here.

Maintenance question: Out of all the various modern-day remakes of old movies, which one do you think succeeded the best?
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Woohoo first \o/

Spirit coin returns, name change stones, faction icons, double stash, server transfers, forum mod tools, and anniversary info when?

Maintenance question: If judging from PWI standards, the one that made the most money at the box office smh ijs tbh fam amirite
  • mavrodica
    mavrodica Posts: 40 Arc User
    Quick question. When will be GsT-cips sale? And i dont mean the 6 gold gst.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Items
    *Spirit Coins have had their expiration date set back to December 26th, 2015.

So does this mean we are getting our spirit coins that were removed by the expansion back? I would love to see mine returned to me and many others as well.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Items

They didn't prolong expiration date. Well, they just stole Spirit Coins time we paid for.
  • zoner112012

Items

They didn't prolong expiration date. Well, they just stole Spirit Coins time we paid for.

Exactly and on top of that still no statement of when we get them back. People bought hundreds of the coins and still no word on when they get them back. Ridiculous.

ln5aR6B.jpg
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    Where's our rename stones? Where's the faction icons? Where's the fixed issues about the account stash? Where's the missing Spirit Coins? You know, the things people are right now complaining the most about!?
    FoxyGR.gif
  • zoner112012
    asurin said:

Where's our rename stones? Where's the faction icons? Where's the fixed issues about the account stash? Where's the missing Spirit Coins? You know, the things people are right now complaining the most about!?

I think what is most bothersome is the complete and total blackout of responses from ANYONE concerning this since....August 20th. So 11 days, 12 days since the spirit coins went poof. Not a single word. PWE customer support is about as helpful as a poison ivy rash.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • fautinacats#2689
    fautinacats#2689 Posts: 2 New User
    When will HT (Eatherblade) faction icon fix...................and Account Stash?!
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    I take it the cross server nation war spam is an error for now?​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    On topic. I think the star trek reboots turned out ok. Was weird to see old spock in them but meh. They do need to get away from that time travel **** and back into the unknown final frontier **** again.
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    My interpretation of the question may be a bit of a stretch but I think of the 007 franchise. Every time there's a new actor cast, the die hard fanatics cry about how the series has been ruined, is dead, etc., but people eat up every single film the studio churns out.​​
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User

I think what is most bothersome is the complete and total blackout of responses from ANYONE concerning this since....August 20th. So 11 days, 12 days since the spirit coins went poof. Not a single word. PWE customer support is about as helpful as a poison ivy rash.

Naw, at least with a poison ivy rash, you can see someone to get it treated right away. People want answers. Not just "We're working on it" they want status. To be frank, they have the right to demand it now. It's been almost a fortnight now.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    it's always either theres nothing we can do when they cant blame you in anyway and say be more careful. would love see a server transfer even leaing my guild and base ive had for 6 years just to not deal with the lag of having to jump across the big pond.let alone the event times the things i mainly played the game for TW NW are cray times now let alone the insaine pve server now everyone blue.why they go to a pvp area like sp and be blue is beyound comprehension.

5941165jeLeR.png
  • skyeaglestank
    skyeaglestank Posts: 19 Arc User
    I don't know what they did on the Arc updates but they messed flash player up! Now when I try to play a facebook game it will not load and I've discovered a .dll file in thr Arc directory that's causing the issue! If I remove the file the facebook games will load but Arc goes into repair mode! Once Arc repairs the directory file the facebook game no longer loads! File name:NPSWF32.dll I found the problem when i opened the configuration in my browser and typed about:plugins! It showed flash player looking for the dll file in 2 different directorys which causes a conflict! This needs to be fixed!
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I don't know what they did on the Arc updates but they messed flash player up! Now when I try to play a facebook game it will not load and I've discovered a .dll file in thr Arc directory that's causing the issue! If I remove the file the facebook games will load but Arc goes into repair mode! Once Arc repairs the directory file the facebook game no longer loads! File name:NPSWF32.dll I found the problem when i opened the configuration in my browser and typed about:plugins! It showed flash player looking for the dll file in 2 different directorys which causes a conflict! This needs to be fixed!
    You're going to want to post this in the correct forum, not here.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I can't wait until people notice Nebula Dust orbs are in the Cs now, and then QQ after they use them because they didn't read that they won't give you and Astral Energy. Also they are 2 gold. Keep trollin trollin trollin.

I also see that the Bell Luen vid contest is over. I wonder how many submissions involved one shotting her with Death Link ;)
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    @koudelkamorgan : It seems the description is incorrect and it gives xp.
    But people would be crazy to buy at this price and I hope this is a mistake like for GST
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I usually prefer the original movies. I often wonder why the need to recycle same old ideas. I don't think that I've watched a movie's remake that is better than the original one.

Special effects can improve over the years, but I don't think that it can compare to the first time, to the feeling of watching something intriguing for the first time.
  • zoner112012
    zoldickun said:

But people would be crazy to buy at this price and I hope this is a mistake like for GST

When you click the item the description in the window says it doesnt give astral energy...but if you only highlight the item it says it does. So which is it. Does the nebula dust orb give astral energy or not? lol
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User

zoldickun said:

When you click the item the description in the window says it doesnt give astral energy...but if you only highlight the item it says it does. So which is it. Does the nebula dust orb give astral energy or not? lol
    Someone said it gives astral energy