PWI on Linux

astralwalk
astralwalk Posts: 58 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Support Desk
Im trying linux on my laptop to see how i like and will put it on my computer if it goes well. Just installed PWI on with wine using Korora Linux which is derived from Fedora. I can play the game but theres some minor issues i havent worked out yet.
The icons of items and skills are all question marks and my fashion is all white. This sounds like im missing a file or something maybe but im not too sure. I did try to verify my install just in case something got corrupted but it wasn't the issue.

Any advice from linux users playing pwi here?
Veno is love. Veno is life.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    That may be something you have to live with. I think it's been an issue with running the client on Linux since the expansion that upgraded the client to Dx9.0c. There's a thread on it buried in here somewhere.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • astralwalk
    Question marks for skill and item icons is not something you just "live with" lol

Besides ive seen videos of people running pwi on linux and not having any such issue. Im new to linux still learning alot about it but clearly i missed something here.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    What kinds of videos are you looking at, are they older videos that may have been before updates to the game itself?​​
  • astralwalk
    they varied but the most recent ones were from like 2010~12. So somewhat outdated but i havent found anything really recent from eclipse patch yet. plus the game itself, how it runs and such, hasnt been changed really as far as i am aware.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I really forget the names of all the expansions now. There have been so many.
    Around the time they introduced reflection is when I stopped trying to run the client on Linux because it just refused to function fully. In a minute I'll try to find the most recent thread, but you may just be SOL because Linux isn't supported at all.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sapient2003
    sapient2003 Posts: 15 Arc User
    I would suggest installing PWI using PlayOnLinux. In any case, you just need to install a version of IE under wine. You should use winetricks for this. This will resolve the question mark problem.
  • nivuki
    nivuki Posts: 17 Arc User
    I am having probably similar issues with ubuntu and crossover.
    https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/arc?;msg=175217