Theater of Blood "Server Error"

2»

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My team and I will do a thorough investigation as soon as we have something concrete to start with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    genotypist wrote: »
    My team and I will do a thorough investigation as soon as we have something concrete to start with.

I'll try to make a video tonight. This server bug happens almost 100% of the time during the event nowadays for me. It makes the purpose of the event - to farm the drops off of players or to farm directly as they spawn via the mobs; pointless, null, and void of any reward.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • PaTMaN - Dreamweaver
    PaTMaN - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've always had this error occur at least once during this event. I've noticed the following:

Happens only when new sets of mobs spawn or old de-spawn (the red text appears in chat at the same time)

To fix the error, wait where the error occurred (have someone stand on your character and then you stand on them for an exact location, since they can see where you glitched and you can not). It may take one or two minutes to resolve but I've found walking around constantly or far away from where the error occurred only makes the issue worse.

DO NOT try to switch weapons/gears since they will be grayed out and non-selectable when the error resolves.

The graphic above your head if you have bloods will disappear during the error and will not come back until you have obtained the next level of bloods which make the graphic grow bigger.

To combat this error, I always pay close attention to whether or not I can attack mobs after a new set spawns. If I can not attack mobs, I simply wait where I am for the issue to resolve.

To me, this seems like a data or packet overflow due to many mobs spawning at once. I never tried to move around and actually count how many mobs have loaded in my zone when the error occurred but that might be one lead to follow.

Somewhat off topic but notice how mobs in Phoenix Valley are spawned in waves and not all at once. That may be related to resolving this error.
  • ventusumbra
    ventusumbra Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, I have a video of the server error. Now, how do I send it in?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Upload it to Youtube or somewhere similar, and link it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • ventusumbra
    ventusumbra Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok, here is the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyL9Xc2CDAE

I hope this helps.

f:grin
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    TCHP here,

Run in to theater tonight to see if any thing was fix. Again after 2nd wave I was picking drop and the server error happened, it was around 15 minute in the theater. had to wait until 28 minute before my toon got reset and I could get to the center to change heart.

Had 225 kills after 2nd wave and I could probably had reach 500 :3. Only had time to pick 136 heart.

Any news on this bug, it's been like 3-4 month ?
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ping is the problem.

The little buff theatre of blood gives, is pinging the server too frequently.

A solution to this would be to give players a pill ( which would provide all fo these buffs) for a time duration, instead of relying on the server to constantly buff and buff players to keep these buffs on.

I can create these types of problems by spamming 9 different packs at once, but the server will boot me, since I the player send the packets..

But!!

Whent he server sends the packets to the players, then that's the tricky part. The server won't automaticlaly boot the player, it'll just freeze them and the connection until everything is sent.

Anyhow. Take the idea of putting the buffs into a pill, instead of however the system is set up and this should fix it.

PS> Make this pill like the Nation Wars pills < so you can't be purged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • SailorKitty - Lost City
    SailorKitty - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    interesting, that could be it

I went in again tonight and has soon has the 3rd wave mob spawn like the last time I got the server error, lucky me this time about 30 sec after, I could start killing again.

Except the buff stop working after that.

That would be interesting if the buff code was broken, and the instance would reset it around 10 minute in, were it would be close to the time the server error happens.

This time I look at the clock and it was 11 minute in the theater.
    Unlike last time were I waited 15 minute in to the start, I was late 1 minute tonight.

I hope they fix this in the future, that place was ok fun.
  • fairlyn4
    fairlyn4 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bump - Not fixed yet.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited July 2014
    Bump. Still not fixed.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited August 2014
    You can see the bug in this video I created:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYU992X740

Starts @ 9:45 into the video.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited August 2014
    It should be noted that this issue is still present after the recent Luneska content patch. This means that the Theater of Blood hasn't been working fully bug-free in what is closing on a year and a half. Way to go Wanmei devs, and way to go on keeping the pressure on any fix PWE.
  • Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands
    Ruby_Inferno - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is incredible, I gathered bloods for half an hour just to get killed by some random noob sin & lose everything while sitting like an idiot at the mercy of this "Server Error", why the hell can it not be fixed? b:angry
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited October 2014
    This is incredible, I gathered bloods for half an hour just to get killed by some random noob sin & lose everything while sitting like an idiot at the mercy of this "Server Error", why the hell can it not be fixed? b:angry

Yeah, it's still a problem (nearing two years in now...). The most recent content patch made the server errors pop up more often when killing mobs. I'm pretty sick of watching some noob unable to kill me while I'm stuck in the server error bug. I can see them hitting me, but I can't do anything. The only way around this nowadays is to just force-quit PWI. If you do this after 19:15, you can't even get back inside the instance and have now lost the event for the day.

My new trick is to wait until 9:14, hop in the event, and start targeting the people who always target me ONLY when they know I've server error'd. Ultimately, though, if the event worked properly and PWE actually contacted Wanmei about getting this fixed, I wouldn't have to deal with this.

Another major issue is if you server error, you are unable to get the teleport once the event is over. This makes it impossible to get the rewards for the event. That makes 25 minutes +5 minutes of waiting = 30 minutes wasted.
  • Erven - Sanctuary
    Erven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sorry for this random reply. I didn't read previous pages and don't know if it was already mentioned, but I only wanted to point out one thing.
    It depends from the cumulative aura above the toon. The more bloods you get the higher the chance is that you will get this error, because the more quests are trying to trigger to make this aura visible. Too many quests triggering at same time will result in this issue.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    in other words it's a tasks-related issue that PWE doesn't know how to fix at all
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • FirstJustice - Lost City
    FirstJustice - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First of all, i'd like to post my ticket and the response i've gotten in this forum.

My ticket. Which might be slightly cringeworthy lol.

Today is the second time in a row that i entered the Theater of blood, have a great score of 110 bloods and then a server error happens. TWICE. Two days in a row.
    I feel slightly betrayed. All i want to do is participate in an even and then i get a server error.
    Everytime at the same time, the time the event entrance closes. If the event is glitched, please disable it so people dont try (what i actually ment was, waste time) to get some rewards. And if it isnt, and there is another reason, i want to ask for a compensation (Yes, silly and idiotic since it's not that big of an issue i suppose). i was ONLY able to participate for 15 mins of the event.. This is sad. It really is.

Reply:
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We’re very sorry to hear that you’re experiencing an issue that has affected your gameplay experience negatively regarding the Theater of Blood.

Having reviewed the information you supplied, we’ve come to the conclusion that this may be the result of an unreported gameplay bug. Regretfully, we don’t have a resolution for the issue at this time, however we’re always trying to improve the gameplay experience for all of our games and we appreciate the time you took to notify us of your concern. We would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible; however some issues require development time from departments outside of Customer Support and cannot be immediately resolved by a Game Master.

Please be assured that we have forwarded this potential bug to our QA team. While we investigate this problem, we recommend watching for any news posts and patch notes for future fixes.

As GMs and Customer Service Representatives, we do not have any influence over game decisions, however we do forward feedback and suggestions quite often to the developers.

The best way for us to ensure that this is resolved as quickly as possible is for you to directly posting this in our Quality Corner, as this would be a good topic to discuss with the Moderators and QA. Our Development Team and Community Teams check the forums often as well.

Here is a link to the thread regarding submission guidelines: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1581141

Here’s a link to the forum itself: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/fo...play.php?f=291

As a workaround before participating the Theater of Blood in the future, please try the following:

1. First, shut down your PC.
    2. Double check your internet connection. Make sure the wires, router and modem are properly connected and working.
    3. Wait for a few minutes and then turn your PC on.
    4. Next, add the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.
    5. Run the game launcher, click 'Verify.'
    6. Let the game check and match its files with the game server.
    7. Kindly wait for it to complete as it will take some time.

After this process is done, try logging into the game again and see if the same issue occurs.

Thanks again for reaching out to us. We hope that you continue to enjoy your adventures!

Regards,
    Claymore
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/

So yes. This event is broken. Not just on your server, but also on my server, it being the Lost City server. But since the amount of people that participate in that event is rather low, it probably isnt getting enough reports.

The server error to me appears at exactly 15 minutes into the event, which is the same time the event entrance is closed. I honestly doubt it will get fixed, since it's not a popular event but ithought i'd share this with you guys since there apparently is a post about this.
  • diandrade
    diandrade Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still not fixed.
  • idejsecr
    idejsecr Posts: 6 Arc User
    LOL does nothing ever get fixed in PWI?