[Maintenance Discussion] 8/25/15 COMPLETE

surtr
surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Tonight's maintenance will be from 11pm to 2am PDT to apply patch 882. Patch notes can be found here.

Maintenance question: Which of PWI's six racial questing areas is your favorite?
==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

Post edited by surtr on

Comments

• krian090590
    krian090590 Posts: 235 Arc User
    tideborn area for sure has always been my fav
    Etherblade Server
    due to mishaps in my past few years in game, I do NOT accept random invites (faction/squad/friend no randoms period) NOR will I give buffs (cleric/barb/sin/exp if i have it) to random people because they ask. If I DO give buffs to a random person, it's because of a random whim (much like the red detonator button sitting at my desk that i will one day push at a random whim)
    Also do NOT look at my gear and then proceed to pm me asking to buy my gear or for a loan of coin. It's just plain rude.
    I have too many toons to name, but if you play on Etherblade server and you come across a toon that acts this way, or if the world is suddenly destroyed, it was probably me.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Is hard to chose between Tideborn area and Earth Guard area. I like both.
    giphy.gif

• advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    I preferred the human one. It had a nice starting area, the questing was fast paced and entertaining starting out, and it gave a good sense of progression. After your first culti, you were basically transitioning to the cold snowy area. That gave it a somewhat bleak feeling while you finished up to getting to do the first dungeon with your tabs. Then going through that with just some drops and levels 21 and under made for a great fight on the way to kill the wolf terrorizing the area.

The other areas always felt kind of dull, too much desert theme with them to really be fun to wander around in. And once the newer content made it in, it was sleepwalk through the dungeons anyways, so no real interest in getting the things done.
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    All races now share a questing area, and no longer have starter cities or quests within the former starter areas.

My Maintenance Question:
    1/2 the population of every server has lost their faction icons. The faction icon submission page (created and developed by PWE, not China) isn't functioning.
    Will old icons be reinstated by PWE?
    Will the submission page be fixed?
    Can we submit our icons by ticket as was done in the past and have them manually submitted into the qeue for an upcoming patch?
    Post edited by daymond on
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    eg and tb areas definitely.​​
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Waiting for those spirit coins and identity stones still...would be GREAT for an ETA on those. It is almost the end of August and we were told we would have the identity stones before then. We have been without our spirit coins for awhile now too.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    While we are on the topic of fixes, pq 3 dz7ydAq.png?​​
  • sarkkis
    sarkkis Posts: 1 Arc User
    what about fixing account stash?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    daymond wrote: »
    All races now share a questing area, and no longer have starter cities or quests within the former starter areas.

Wrong.
    True that all races now share a starting quests area: Celestial Vale.
    After you live that place you are teleported in your race cities area. And they do have quests there. I know it cause I lvl up some jolly alts and I did quests in Lost City and cities around as a veno and in Raging Tide and cities around it as a Psychic. And there were those old quests. Those old quests in Netherspring where you have to kill crabs and turtles and to eat mushroom for apothecary. And I lvl up a seeker too and did the same old quests that I was doing before Eclipse expansion. But this time was after lvl 20.
    giphy.gif

• grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well the Nightshade area is actually VERY beautiful, and the quests were VERY interesting!
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • tortillaflats
    tortillaflats Posts: 7 Arc User
    i don't see anything getting fixed anytime soon tbh, i am still waiting for a fix to my pet bag they have yet to fix lol
  • miuu
    miuu Posts: 4 Arc User
    What fix to pet bag? I noticed they added a second page to pets now which is a plus <3
  • tortillaflats
    tortillaflats Posts: 7 Arc User
    i bought the stone for the second page and mine is still not opened, i have bought 2 of the stones now and they just say go to forums for help i do that and there is no help, i send ticket and they tell me it's the same thing over again and delete my ticket
  • mavrodica
    mavrodica Posts: 40 Arc User
    Are the rank mats rly gone thil next year?
  • daniel291184
    daniel291184 Posts: 22 Arc User
    You can start to update pwi xD

• daniel291184
    daniel291184 Posts: 22 Arc User
    but servers are off line
  • tiigerliina
    tiigerliina Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Would anyone tell me what time zone the 11pm to 2am is?

And my favourite one is the elven starter area :) Others seem to be too long.
  • ifihadda
    ifihadda Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hmmm, it seems people have lost interest (hope) in maintenance discussions. Three hours to correct spelling and grammar? Is that long enough? Anyone care to bet that they still miss "safty" and "keyborads"?

I suppose it's pointless to bring up DQ rewards/coin values/ again, in fact it's probably wise not to, as it seems the more we complain the more they take away ways to earn coins in game. Instead of getting a little ahead, finances are backsliding. Hint: some of us are more inclined to spend a bit in the cash shop when it gives us a boost - instead of just helping us to tread water. I think it's called motivation.

As to the new expansion *yawn*.

Ok, wasting my time here.
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I like untamed starting areas.

I'd also like Nightshade fliers in the event shop

And another telepath charm to turn into a popo fish ._.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • tiigerliina
    tiigerliina Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'd also like Nightshade fliers in the event shop

Oooh Nightshade fliers in the event shop would be awesome!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Would anyone tell me what time zone the 11pm to 2am is?

And my favourite one is the elven starter area :) Others seem to be too long.

PST / PDT, like it always was (probably PDT at the moment)​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• jayveeisapanda14
    jayveeisapanda14 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Earthguard! Even the bg soundtracks are so lovely. TB comes in second :D
  • khurshed
    khurshed Posts: 16 Arc User
    i like human and elves as an old player those are still my favs .
  • prometeea
    prometeea Posts: 6 Arc User
    servers up
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Uhh... time to unsticky this yet?
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User

i bought the stone for the second page and mine is still not opened, i have bought 2 of the stones now and they just say go to forums for help i do that and there is no help, i send ticket and they tell me it's the same thing over again and delete my ticket

I have been contemplating on getting an extention on my pet bag, we venos need all the slots we can get, however after seeing this with your bag and having issues of my own account stash actually missing *along with the purchasing information that was about 3 years old* I'm doubting about putting cash into this game. I hope they fix your bag soon regardless.

As for my favorite starting area, the Untamed. Lost, and everywhere around it is full of hills, which can be boring if you don't like hills. I love the hills, and the wide variety of animals all from City of Lost to Wellspring Village.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Why is this still a sticky xD
    ln5aR6B.jpg