Email with Never Winter Code

Options

Comments

• zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    Options
    For the people who didn't get the email: are you on hotmail? Because I remember when pwi send emails with gifts and hotmail blocking those mails. And PWI always asking the same ("check your spamm folder"), like if it was the first time. each time.
  • zoube
    Options
    Thread in 2013...
    The question is: Why pwe still send gift by email and is still surprised that some people don't receive them...
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/759230/anniversary-email-hotmail
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Actually, I got the code on hotmail that's associated with my alt account, but not on gmail, which is my main's
  • khurshed
    khurshed Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    i still haven't got my code i am waiting i personally pmed a PWI employee and yet haven't received a reply so far.

i hoe to soon receive an email .
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    Options
    I use Yahoo and never got the email. I had to get a code from the mod/GM
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zoube
    Options
    How did you managed to get the code? I send ticket but they say they couldn't help me
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Options
    why dont they just send all the codes out via arc? if they can force arc on us and arc HAS a mail system, why not use it? none of this bs issues would come up with people not getting codes or having to send in tickets cos they dont recieve mails or mails being sent to spam folders. Isnt this what arc is supposed to be used for? a communications platform between the company and the player base?
    i havnt got the mail on any of my accounts and i feel sorry for the mods/CMs if everyone and their pet poodle were messaging them asking for their codes to be sent on each of their accounts.
    It really cant be that hard for them to have one dedicated page where a player can enter their login and get the code meant for it, or have it sent via the arc mail/messaging system like pwe sends all its other junk messages that has nothign to do with the games we actually play.
  • zoner112012
    Options
    johndoe069 wrote: »
    why dont they just send all the codes out via arc? if they can force arc on us and arc HAS a mail system, why not use it? none of this bs issues would come up with people not getting codes or having to send in tickets cos they dont recieve mails or mails being sent to spam folders. Isnt this what arc is supposed to be used for? a communications platform between the company and the player base?
    i havnt got the mail on any of my accounts and i feel sorry for the mods/CMs if everyone and their pet poodle were messaging them asking for their codes to be sent on each of their accounts.
    It really cant be that hard for them to have one dedicated page where a player can enter their login and get the code meant for it, or have it sent via the arc mail/messaging system like pwe sends all its other junk messages that has nothign to do with the games we actually play.

THIS! Why are they not using Arc for their mail is beyond me but this make PERFECT sense.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    It does make sense but i would assume this is pwes way of ensuring that a) you are subscribed to receive all of their promo (aka junk) email. Half these people who didnt receivea code clicked "do not recieve promotional email" or whatever when they made their account. A quick ticket going "hey send me your junk mail" fixes that.
    b) this way any old players who still use their email (but dont log into arc) will get their FREE STUFF OMG notice and log in. Which is pwis goal lately it seems with all of the new player promos and returning friends and so on.
  • johndoe#4146
    edited August 2015
    Options
    eirghan wrote: »
    It does make sense but i would assume this is pwes way of ensuring that a) you are subscribed to receive all of their promo (aka junk) email. Half these people who didnt receivea code clicked "do not recieve promotional email" or whatever when they made their account. A quick ticket going "hey send me your junk mail" fixes that.
    b) this way any old players who still use their email (but dont log into arc) will get their FREE STUFF OMG notice and log in. Which is pwis goal lately it seems with all of the new player promos and returning friends and so on.

except
    1) any old player that doesnt play anymore wouldnt want junk game mail and would have flagged it for spam or turned off the send mail feature
    2) the returning friends invites dont send actual emails or anything outside the game. just ingame mail so no one who is actually afk or not playing would actually see it unless they logged into the game
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you haven't gotten it on gmail, check under the promotions tab. That's where I found mine instead of my normal primary tab for everything where I usually get my pwi mails. egg-46.gif​​
  • zoube
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I checked every tab, like every time they send mail. I guess during a perido I quit game, I asked hotmail to block the PWE mails, at that time there was no gifts by mail, only news.

And yeah +1 for code via ARC, code is personnel so why not sending by email (in case it make some people returning) and by ARC.
  • khurshed
    khurshed Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    well i got the neverwinter code still have not received the replacement .
    i even sent a PM to PW employee no reply.

AT LEAST

Give us an idea of what is going on ?
  • collerd1
    collerd1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    I also didn't get a code.. just mails of Neverwinter.
    Guess they just messed up and we won't hear anything about it anymore.

Like they care?
  • groovykat
    groovykat Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    I sent a ticket with a screenshot of the arc redemption page showing the code was for Neverwinter. Support answered my ticket today and asked for a screenshot of the actual email with the code. So it seems they ARE working on it.
    --
    103/103/102 demon cleric
    103/102/102 demon seeker
    100/100/100 demon veno

• collerd1
    collerd1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    groovykat wrote: »
    I sent a ticket with a screenshot of the arc redemption page showing the code was for Neverwinter. Support answered my ticket today and asked for a screenshot of the actual email with the code. So it seems they ARE working on it.

Don't they log anything?
    They should be able to see exactly what is sent to who xD
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    Options
    johndoe069 wrote: »
    eirghan wrote: »

except
    1) any old player that doesnt play anymore wouldnt want junk game mail and would have flagged it for spam or turned off the send mail feature
    2) the returning friends invites dont send actual emails or anything outside the game. just ingame mail so no one who is actually afk or not playing would actually see it unless they logged into the game

except
    1) that doesnt stop them or any of the other thousands of junk mail senders from trying
    2) i never said the in game mail system sends emails. I said that from this promotional feature it gives us a good idea what pwe's goals are (to bring back old players).
  • kellty63
    kellty63 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I still didn't get the code in my yahoo mail,checked the spam folder,nothing..I never receive mail from PWI in Yahoo Mail for some reason..Could you please message the code to me? Thank You :)
  • glassguitar
    glassguitar Posts: 75 Arc User
    Options
    kellty63 said:

I still didn't get the code in my yahoo mail,checked the spam folder,nothing..I never receive mail from PWI in Yahoo Mail for some reason..Could you please message the code to me? Thank You :)

The GM that answered my support ticket on this issue said that the information here is incorrect and those of us that got the neverwinter code were indeed NOT supposed to get anything, and will not be getting a new mail. I pointed out the posts on the forum and on the facebook page and was told that he would "let the community team know" they were incorrect. Sure would be nice to get one consistent answer rather than conflicting ones.
  • uncensored
    uncensored Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    I have not received either thw pwi code nor the neverwinter code as well. I sure seem to get the thanks for charging emails though... just none of the others. >.<
  • zoner112012
    Options
    Another botched attempt to fix problems by PWE? Wait a couple years you may get your answer kids.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • xdarkangelkiarax
    xdarkangelkiarax Posts: 36 Arc User
    Options

kellty63 said:

The GM that answered my support ticket on this issue said that the information here is incorrect and those of us that got the neverwinter code were indeed NOT supposed to get anything, and will not be getting a new mail. I pointed out the posts on the forum and on the facebook page and was told that he would "let the community team know" they were incorrect. Sure would be nice to get one consistent answer rather than conflicting ones.

Really? I got a neverwinter code. Does that mean I don't deserve a loyalty gift after I've been playing and spending money on this game for over 4 years? I'm not saying that's a really long time compared to some players but 4 years is a long time to dedicate to a game I'm pretty sure that proves somesort of loyalty :/

What annoys me is that they've told us we'll get the correct code already and now they are saying we won't? If the two guys on that Riptide livestream are anything to go by, I'd say the PWI staff are bloody useless.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options
    hi, i am probably the last person that would need this, but how exactly did PWE choose the players that receive the code? because i have not gotten anything and my account exists for 7 years now.
    not complaining, just wondering.
  • sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Hi again!

I received word that the new emails with the correct codes will go out today! :)

The information that I have is that everyone who received the PWI email with the Neverwinter code will receive an email with a good code today.

It might take a little while for all the emails to go out. I'm keeping this discussion open in case there are any issues with the resend. :)
    OqejO6Y.png
  • crazyelf
    crazyelf Posts: 34 Arc User
    Options

Hi again!
    I received word that the new emails with the correct codes will go out today! :)
    The information that I have is that everyone who received the PWI email with the Neverwinter code will receive an email with a good code today.
    It might take a little while for all the emails to go out. I'm keeping this discussion open in case there are any issues with the resend. :)

Unless they send Neverwinter codes again :wink:

95c3b8f8430f338ab14e1c3847da21b71369940907_full.png
    I am A True Tsundere and I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:cute
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2 Shawty_Star
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2 Mako_Sato
    Demon Venomancer- 99 Crazy_Roxy
  • sheepclouds
    sheepclouds Posts: 81 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2015
    Options
    crazyelf said:

Hi again!

:'( Yeah... I'm keeping this discussion open. :)
    OqejO6Y.png
  • mythnst0rm
    mythnst0rm Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Ok Just wondering if this issue has gone any farther then just being looked into?.. It's been 5-7 days since the email was sent out and wondering if theirs a general eta on when it's to be corrected?.. I understand error and mistakes and all that but knowing is nice too..
  • mythnst0rm
    mythnst0rm Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

Sorry didn't see this till after I posted .. Thanks
    crazyelf said:

Hi again!

• johndoe#4146
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lol so they resent the codes.. from neverwinter with neverwinter codes.Do they even know it was the PWI codes that got botched and needed to be re-sent?
    OH and to make it better, the neverwinter codes dont work either. " please enter valid code" ( and yes i have an account for neverwinter that i used to play)
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    -.-

So they send out the EXACT SAME CODE, just this time with a Neverwinter graphic rather than a PWI one....