Event Gold! With a twist . . .

2»

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    scruncy wrote: »
    you can have as many accounts as u want. you just not allowed to play with more then 2 at the same time.

incorrect. As the post I linked clearly stated "You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own."
    Heh, yea, if they started to enforce that now, 90% of the playerbase would be banned. I barely know anyone (a few casual playing cashers excluded) that doesn't have at least 3 accounts. I respected this rule for over a year waiting for PWI to start enforcing it, but after dozens of reports of people that were excessively multiclienting (50+ accounts with multiple chars to farm the Jolly Jones reward for just logging in) I figured that they either do not care to enforce this, or simply condone having more accounts because it looks better on the game stats ("Look BigManager how many active accounts this game has! So many people log in daily!")

Either way, seeing how others could get ahead of me by ignoring this rule and support not doing a damn thing about it in even excessive cases, I've been ignoring it myself for a while now. Not feeling bad about it either. Seems to be the only way to get ahead in the game if you're farming your way towards PvP.

As for the eventgold for new accounts... it's handy for people who were planning to start a few alts. The eventgold will pay for a flier or some charms.

They don't have to enforce it really but they can easily be monitoring the new accounts currently being made to abuse this and track the IPs used and ban any person taking advantage of this. I believe they are already doing this as a couple people I have spoken to have said.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    veganblood wrote: »
    Shame they haven't made an Event for current accounts for Event Gold. How are we to buy anything from Event Boutique that is supposed to be gone at the end of the month if there is no Event Gold Event? :( Maybe it's still to come? ...*hoping*
    I'd like for some event gold too. Otherwise the shinobi set will remain a pipe dream for me. >.<

I think that maybe this is so that they can attract new players. New people seeing the rewards and giving the game a try, something like that. It isn't meant for people to break the rules and it doesn't mean that they are ok with each person creating now a dozen of accounts. Just a bit of a gift/motivation for new people to join in the game.

Another thing that could happen is for people who have 1 account, to create another account and toons. This reward could help them too.
    Heh, yea, if they started to enforce that now, 90% of the playerbase would be banned. I barely know anyone (a few casual playing cashers excluded) that doesn't have at least 3 accounts. I respected this rule for over a year waiting for PWI to start enforcing it, but after dozens of reports of people that were excessively multiclienting (50+ accounts with multiple chars to farm the Jolly Jones reward for just logging in) I figured that they either do not care to enforce this, or simply condone having more accounts because it looks better on the game stats ("Look BigManager how many active accounts this game has! So many people log in daily!")

Either way, seeing how others could get ahead of me by ignoring this rule and support not doing a damn thing about it in even excessive cases, I've been ignoring it myself for a while now. Not feeling bad about it either. Seems to be the only way to get ahead in the game if you're farming your way towards PvP.

As for the eventgold for new accounts... it's handy for people who were planning to start a few alts. The eventgold will pay for a flier or some charms.

So just because there are people breaking the rules, it's ok to break them? I disagree.
    They are lucky that they haven't been caught so far. How will they feel if they lose all their accounts, including the main characters possibly with high level equipment (even r9), for some random low level alt they never play but with a rainbow chicken? (I like the rainbow chicken btw).
    Post edited by darky26 on
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    darky26 wrote: »

So just because there are people breaking the rules, it's ok to break them? I disagree.
    They are lucky that they haven't been caught so far. How will they feel if they lose all their accounts, including the main characters possibly with high level equipment (even r9), for some random low level alt they never play but with a rainbow chicken? (I like the rainbow chicken btw).

The problem is that there arent a few players that break the rules. I belive more than half of players are breaking the rules in a way or another. I highly doubt PW would actually do something about them since like I already said if they ban ppl breaking the rules they would have to ban alot of their playerbase. And between this being cash shopers. Ya the ones that keeps the servers alive pumping money into the game.
    giphy.gif

• darky26
    edited August 2015

The problem is that there arent a few players that break the rules. I belive more than half of players are breaking the rules in a way or another. I highly doubt PW would actually do something about them since like I already said if they ban ppl breaking the rules they would have to ban alot of their playerbase. And between this being cash shopers. Ya the ones that keeps the servers alive pumping money into the game.
    I'm grateful to everyone that helps the game, cash shoppers included. I realize without them, I couldn't participate in this fun game.

That being said, rules are rules. If the people creating the rules don't want to enforce them, which doesn't make sense to me, why have them in the first place? Then how about changing them? Like allow more accounts per person or give a sort of special status to cash shoppers, like you are allowed to have only 2 accounts, but if you cash in, you can get more. I have to mention that this is referring to new accounts or accounts created after the 2 accounts rule.

I'm not a cash shopper and I doubt I'll be anytime soon. Not that I'm against it or anything, but things are kinda tight here. I'm saying this to show that this won't benefit me in the least. But it really really bothers me when rules are ridiculed. This is how I feel.

Rules are there for a reason. What are the people who follow them, idiots?
  • bloodedone87
    darky26 wrote: »

I'm grateful to everyone that helps the game, cash shoppers included. I realize without them, I couldn't participate in this fun game.

That being said, rules are rules. If the people creating the rules don't want to enforce them, which doesn't make sense to me, why have them in the first place? Then how about changing them? Like allow more accounts per person or give a sort of special status to cash shoppers, like you are allowed to have only 2 accounts, but if you cash in, you can get more. I have to mention that this is referring to new accounts or accounts created after the 2 accounts rule.

I'm not a cash shopper and I doubt I'll be anytime soon. Not that I'm against it or anything, but things are kinda tight here. I'm saying this to show that this won't benefit me in the least. But it really really bothers me when rules are ridiculed. This is how I feel.

Rules are there for a reason. What are the people who follow them, idiots?

1 They cant enforce this rules cause of what I already said. More than half of players are breaking the rules and enforcing the rules means banning more than half of the players . That will make the servers being almost empty.
    2 Its not about Cash shoppers only. PPl are making multiply acounts to take advantage of money making ''systems'' available in game. Things like Autocultivation and Jolly Old Jones. Most of these ppl are actually farmers since a cash shoper having money to put in game doesnt actually need multiple acounts. But I have a feeling that even cash shopers are making multiple acounts.
    3They cannot ban either the ones or the others since cash shopers cant exist without farmers and farmers cant exist without cash shopers.
    giphy.gif

• darky26
    edited August 2015
    1 They cant enforce this rules cause of what I already said. More than half of players are breaking the rules and enforcing the rules means banning more than half of the players . That will make the servers being almost empty.
    2 Its not about Cash shoppers only. PPl are making multiply acounts to take advantage of money making ''systems'' available in game. Things like Autocultivation and Jolly Old Jones. Most of these ppl are actually farmers since a cash shoper having money to put in game doesnt actually need multiple acounts. But I have a feeling that even cash shopers are making multiple acounts.
    3They cannot ban either the ones or the others since cash shopers cant exist without farmers and farmers cant exist without cash shopers.
    I understand what you're saying and it makes sense.
    In this case then I don't know, the rules should be revised, or the "2 accounts per person" rule could be taken out. I can't think of anything else.
  • cheesespread#3490
    cheesespread#3490 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    All I want for christmas are dreamchaser packs to level my rb alts :( 3 PVs per day only is taking sooooo looongg... :(
  • the5thdimenshin
    the5thdimenshin Posts: 2 New User
    Oh dear. I had no idea that there was a "no more than two accounts" rule. I've never visited the forums before today (because I seriously have no idea how to play this game). My boyfriend and I share a computer, which he already has two accounts on. With this new event going on, he encouraged me to make a new account so that when I eventually get a laptop of my own, we could quest together. So as of now, we have three accounts on this one computer >.< I just thought I'd say this, because I can see why creating multiple accounts is considered a bad thing to do, but I can assure that we don't do anything malicious, and rarely ever (if ever at all) have two clients on together x:
  • bloodedone87
    Oh dear. I had no idea that there was a "no more than two accounts" rule. I've never visited the forums before today (because I seriously have no idea how to play this game). My boyfriend and I share a computer, which he already has two accounts on. With this new event going on, he encouraged me to make a new account so that when I eventually get a laptop of my own, we could quest together. So as of now, we have three accounts on this one computer >.< I just thought I'd say this, because I can see why creating multiple accounts is considered a bad thing to do, but I can assure that we don't do anything malicious, and rarely ever (if ever at all) have two clients on together x:

Im not surprised you didnt knew this rule. Many players dont know about it. Many players dont visit the forums.Many players dont read the TOS. To be honest I didnt read them either when I made my first acount.All I wanted was to download the game, create a character and play the game.
    The things is that: Not knowing the TOS is not an excuse for breaking the rules. If PW bans a player the player cannot say: ''But I didnt know it was such a rule'' cause PW can say than: '' Why didnt you read the rules when you made your acount?''.
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

Im not surprised you didnt knew this rule. Many players dont know about it. Many players dont visit the forums.Many players dont read the TOS. To be honest I didnt read them either when I made my first acount.All I wanted was to download the game, create a character and play the game.
    The things is that: Not knowing the TOS is not an excuse for breaking the rules. If PW bans a player the player cannot say: ''But I didnt know it was such a rule'' cause PW can say than: '' Why didnt you read the rules when you made your acount?''.
    Actually they would say, "You agreed to these rules when you created the account". tiger-42.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • the5thdimenshin
    the5thdimenshin Posts: 2 New User
    I actually did submit a support ticket explaining this, and that if they need to close this account (which was only made this week) then I would be more than okay with it. I would rather not take part in the account creation abuse that goes on, even if many people do it.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    I actually did submit a support ticket explaining this, and that if they need to close this account (which was only made this week) then I would be more than okay with it. I would rather not take part in the account creation abuse that goes on, even if many people do it.

You're fine. There are exceptions made for people living in the same residence.​​
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator

2 accounts per person. You and your boyfriend are fine. If you get caught in some type of ban for some reason, just let them know this is the case.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • bloodedone87

2 accounts per person. You and your boyfriend are fine. If you get caught in some type of ban for some reason, just let them know this is the case.​​

So let me get this: if a person lives with his family he can make acounts x2 for every member of his family even if its the same computer. Ofc making each family member a diferent email adress.
    giphy.gif

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    They don't enforce that rule at all, nor can they enforce it properly.
    Why are people even discussing it tiger-18.gif

We all know that if PWE actually enforced their own terms, the servers would be empty by now.

Even better is that the ToS pretty much state they can ban anyone for whatever reason they see fit.
    So you better hold on to your farts, because they can ban you if they hear it.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    ._. seems my thread took a interesting twist
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • sapphoash
    sapphoash Posts: 1 Arc User
    Okay so I already saw one post in this thread about someone creating a new account, being a new player, but recieving no dreamchaser pack... yet no one replied to it, just people that know a lot about this going on and on about that one rule... I have the same problem, I created this new account but didn't get a dreamchaser pack.. Could someone please help me (and that other person as well) out? Thanks
  • darky26
    sapphoash wrote: »
    Okay so I already saw one post in this thread about someone creating a new account, being a new player, but recieving no dreamchaser pack... yet no one replied to it, just people that know a lot about this going on and on about that one rule... I have the same problem, I created this new account but didn't get a dreamchaser pack.. Could someone please help me (and that other person as well) out? Thanks
    I'm not a new player or have a new account, therefore I can't reproduce the problem. That's why I haven't replied, cause I can't say what might have gone wrong. At this stage, I can only ask you questions to see if your eligible for Tier 1 rewards.

~Is it the first character on your new account? If you delete the first character you might not be eligible. (Though I'm not sure if this rule applies to Tier 1-dreamchaser pack or Tier 2 and 3. Either way, better safe than sorry)
    ~ Have 2-3 hours passed since you met the requirements?

• veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    cira1818 wrote: »
    veganblood wrote: »
    Shame they haven't made an Event for current accounts for Event Gold. How are we to buy anything from Event Boutique that is supposed to be gone at the end of the month if there is no Event Gold Event? :( Maybe it's still to come? ...*hoping*

hoping with the anni in a week or so will do that :) cross your fingers

Yeah but in a "week or so" the stuff that's only temporarily in the Event Boutique now will be gone tiger-14.gif ...so it defeats the purpose of giving us new stuff in Event Boutique if they take it away BEFORE people get a chance to even get any Event Gold tiger-13.gif ...that's my point tiger-20.gif
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015

2 accounts per person. You and your boyfriend are fine. If you get caught in some type of ban for some reason, just let them know this is the case.

So let me get this: if a person lives with his family he can make acounts x2 for every member of his family even if its the same compute. Ofc making each family member a diferent email adress.

Every family member can have their own account. Not you get a bunch of accounts for your family members who don't even play. If somehow you got unlucky enough to get investigated by a GM, you'd both have to prove your identity as separate people. If they did it another way it would be unfair to couples who play. As was the case with the person who asked. If you did that, you'd be breaking the rules and it would still be committing a bannable offense. And if you can't prove separate people are playing, then you can still be banned for circumventing the rules. Same as people who didn't pretend.

sapphoash wrote: »

I mean, I've long had the max allowed and didn't create a new account just for that. If you followed the above quoted rule then you should submit a ticket.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.