7 year anniversary! Hopes / fears / predictions / general discussion!

Haven't seen any threads about this yet, but feel free to close if there is one. 7 year anniversary for NA PW is in 15 days! (Sep 2nd)

Are you guys and gals excited? I know I am! Do you think we'll get some awesome anni gifts? What do you hope to get?

Anyone else surprised that we're (supposed to be) getting new content released this close to anni?

Discuss!

Comments

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    *Runs in holding a big sign saying "THE END IS HERE REPENT AND BE SAVED!"*
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Hopes: Free S Chests
    Fears: C card from an S Chest ... ?
    Prediction: They promise A Chests but due to client instability we get C Packs
  • cynderangel
    cynderangel Posts: 193 Arc User
    But we just had the half anniversary x.x
    102/101/102 cleric
  • White_Lie
    White_Lie Posts: 5 Arc User
    more free mounts we dont want, some stale fashion, c-a packs, all combined with a log-in event.

oh and a 3x exp / 2x drops period (1-2 weeks)
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    I hope they give us Drag Orb +10 as gift... Not everyone was there 2 years ago when a lot of players got 10+ for free
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    new and exciting mechanics and systems that will boost the stats of our toons,
    this will increase the planetary gap between cash shoppers and free players to a galactical scale. fox-20.gif

grats on SEVEN years pig-25.gif
    that is a very long time to keep a game running, considering pwi barely has a support crew and no community managers.

special thanks to the volunteers who fill the void left be pwi. be it on forums, in game, with extensions, or tools! pig-40.gif​​
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Maybe they will just forget it this time.
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Fashion, please! onion-11.gif​​
    DeffyNature
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    I like all the suggestions so far ^^ And I have to agree with the fears and predictions too lol

To be honest, half the reason I started the thread was in hope that the powers that be don't forget >< What with the merge and Riptide and all that's been going on lately.

But assuming we do get something, my hope is that everyone gets it and it's not able to be abused.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    A code for the anniversary fashion that we always get and complain about, that will then turn out to have a timer on it. And then everyone will complain about a fashion item that they didn't like and just NPC'ed other years anyway. This will be a massive thing.

A bunch of little redeem codes that actually make this anniversary, objectively, one of the best ever that people will ignore to complain about the other minor thing. Because nothing short of attempting to give away the kitchen sink will appease us, although if they do try to give us the kitchen sink people will complain that they broke it. Because of course that's what going to happen if anything of real value gets given away.

Also, a bunch of old players who don't even like this game, will come back to express their surprise that the game is still around. Play around on a game that they don't like a while, and then say that it's the game's fault that this type of game is just no longer for them and pretend like that somehow should've changed in past several years. These are the same players that will take credit for "calling it" as well when this game DOES eventually get shut down, as all games do. Even though many of them "called" it in 2009 and this game has survived well beyond many other freemium games since then. And indeed has been open a respectable amount of time.

Because of all the hullabo from something going wrong, PW will offer compensation that doesn't actually adequately address the issues laid out, probably in the form of a 23 hour 2x.

Then we all will claim that "this game sucks" and continue to play it (and throw money at it) until the day they actually rip the servers away from us. Because apparently this forum is a community full of gaming masochists. PW luv is our drug.

Also probably, 2x.
    ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • maestro120
    maestro120 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    A code for the anniversary fashion that we always get and complain about, that will then turn out to have a timer on it. And then everyone will complain about a fashion item that they didn't like and just NPC'ed other years anyway. This will be a massive thing.

A bunch of little redeem codes that actually make this anniversary, objectively, one of the best ever that people will ignore to complain about the other minor thing. Because nothing short of attempting to give away the kitchen sink will appease us, although if they do try to give us the kitchen sink people will complain that they broke it. Because of course that's what going to happen if anything of real value gets given away.

Also, a bunch of old players who don't even like this game, will come back to express their surprise that the game is still around. Play around on a game that they don't like a while, and then say that it's the game's fault that this type of game is just no longer for them and pretend like that somehow should've changed in past several years. These are the same players that will take credit for "calling it" as well when this game DOES eventually get shut down, as all games do. Even though many of them "called" it in 2009 and this game has survived well beyond many other freemium games since then. And indeed has been open a respectable amount of time.

Because of all the hullabo from something going wrong, PW will offer compensation that doesn't actually adequately address the issues laid out, probably in the form of a 23 hour 2x.

Then we all will claim that "this game sucks" and continue to play it (and throw money at it) until the day they actually rip the servers away from us. Because apparently this forum is a community full of gaming masochists. PW luv is our drug.

Also probably, 2x.

Wow... LOL... negative nancy aren't ye ?

... old player here.

SylenThunder edited to remove duplicate quote​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    I wont lie...venus that was kinda sexy. I am resisting the feeling right now. Giggity.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • konataizumichan
    lol dammit venus I was trying to have a semi-positive thread for once xD

and I still have my anni fash from first year and wear it proudly
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Now i can wear all the fashion because i kept on getting female fashion on the male toon. But with the anni everyone will get their gender switched uG0Tq2w.png​​
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    jabq wrote: »
    Now i can wear all the fashion because i kept on getting female fashion on the male toon. But with the anni everyone will get their gender switched uG0Tq2w.png​​

Good I need mine swicthed back QQ

Also probably, 2x.
    ​​
    And this was so true I had to jump and do a praise dance for you venus. You can get anymore accurate than this right here
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • brithedarkangel#8032
    brithedarkangel#8032 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Probally a boat load of ugly mounts worth only 1 coin, fashion set in which none of the colors match, hypers (like those are useful anymore), my all time favorite one of those old time chest (keep those hammers folks), a timed flyer, some perfect stones and some charms. <---Worst case

My hope random chance packs, event gold, a non timed rare flyer, a fashion set that colors match and maybe some big notes (had to throw it in there for the lols).
    I'm an angel I swear I am. The horns are just there to hold my halo up!!
    657410mkknv10dfd.jpg
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    i always love the anniversery, i miss the older celestail fash i did not get last year, the mounts i like i get again, hard to complain to a free speed 11, some speed 10 ok its better then a 9.5 or worse with some. i would really think a none timed flyer would be a new jump and nice! and always hard to choose who gets the reward x-x
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    my predictions.
    They will tell everyone that they will receive 5 War Avatar S Chests.
    Then change it to S packs
    Then will change that to 1 Free hyper, but only if you charge 500 Gold
    Then change that to a total server merge, and the 1 server will run on a 47 Hour day.
    NGTUy53.png

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    The same anniversary pack we've gotten for the last 2.5 years that anyone who opened it the first time can't benefit from it :)
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User

Also probably, 2x.
    ​​

this ^^ x 999999999

Also just to add. Those codes that Venus is talking about probably will be: Celestone fragments, pickaxes, random pigments and the legendary O'Malley's Blessings x3 that will glitch and give you just one :D

• cococya
    edited August 2015
    Well Val was, I think, our CM during last anniversary, when the blunder with the codes and such happened and he did say it was the last year we would get those special mounts we've been getting for the past years. I'm curious to see what they'll make of that, of course I think they've forgotten about it and they send the same stuff, but, hey, one can hope. ​​
    Post edited by cococya on
    DeffyNature
  • konataizumichan
    cococya wrote: »
    Well Val was, I think, our CM during last anniversary, when the blunder with the codes and such happened and he did say it was the past last year we would get those special mounts we've been getting for the past years. I'm curious to see what they'll make of that, of course I think they've forgotten about it and they send the same stuff, but, hey, one can hope. ​​

Fixed ^^ and yeah I recall reading that too. Also that they were working on an all new system to prevent it from happening again in the future etc.

I hope someone important has taken or takes note of this.

Also shameless bump, this needs to be on first page till anni is here \o/
  • torquoisegamer
    torquoisegamer Posts: 96 Arc User
    Hopes: lots and lots of exp and useful items
    Fears: server crash due to lag
    Predictions: Broken event NPC that they don't fix until day 2
    My mains:

TorquoiseBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII psychic
    MidnighteBlu 103 | 103 | 103 Twilight Sky VIII duskblade
  • skyurr
    skyurr Posts: 35 Arc User
    I hope they do not have this as a log in reward as they never work right.​​
  • mommacrow77
    mommacrow77 Posts: 7 Arc User
    I think it will be same as always some event that doesn't work right or doesn't work at all. Some stuff we have all gotten for the last six years, and that most people will npc. Timed fashion, and everything screwed up so your new toons get the 6-7 year veteran awards while your oldest get first year ****.....every year they mess it up and every year players are upset/disappointed. I have 0 faith that it won't be messed up yet again this anniversary too.
  • asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Also probably, 2x.

Okay, so I'm one of those "older players who comes back and sees that the game is still up". I will admit that I do get burnt out really fast whenever I play ANY sort of game.

PW has been a game I am always going back to, play around some with it, then when I get burnt out, I'll leave again for a few months or even a year just to come back and play some more. As long as the game is up and running, then I will keep on playing.

To further note this information with what you said, you also have to keep in mind that other Freemium games that don't last as long are competing against games that are P2P. -snip- It's biggest competition is not other Freemium games, but a P2P game, and it's been doing incredibly well with that form of competition.

As for the anniversary stuff, I still have my fashion. It's my favorite one to actually wear. I also have my Anniversary wolf mount too. Not so much my favorite to use, but I hold onto it. Not everything is time limited like it's starting to move into as of lately. I hope the fash, mount, and possible anni flyer's don't end up being timed, as that would suck.

My hopes for PWI Anniversary this year will be a perm Anni Flyer, with the x2 added in.

edited by VenusArmani to remove name of competing mmo.​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
    FoxyGR.gif
  • cococya
    Fixed ^^ and yeah I recall reading that too. Also that they were working on an all new system to prevent it from happening again in the future etc.

I hope someone important has taken or takes note of this.

Also shameless bump, this needs to be on first page till anni is here \o/

Thanks, I fixed it as well.
    I did ask the guys during the live streams, they said they'd already had plans but Jayson and Chris were mean and they didn't want to tell us details. onion-55.gifonion-56.gif
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • konataizumichan
    cococya wrote: »

Thanks, I fixed it as well.
    I did ask the guys during the live streams, they said they'd already had plans but Jayson and Chris were mean and they didn't want to tell us details. onion-55.gifonion-56.gif
    ​​

Ahh good thinking! Glad to know something's being worked on at least ^^

• knownase
    knownase Posts: 13 Arc User
    I just want 3x EXP, maybe 2x drops too.
    Ice Bear is pleased.
  • cheesespread#3490
    cheesespread#3490 Posts: 22 Arc User
    I want 3x exp 2x drops, at least 2 codes for dreamchaser packs to level my rb alts on the same account, event gold and orbs +12 *-* kthx