New passive skills

Options
jabq
jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
We are getting new passive skills

"*New Passive Skill: Corrosive Cold. Causes your attacks to increase the cooldown on your target's charms. Skill books can be crafted at the Sacred Cauldron in Kirin Town.
*New Passive Skill: Purity of Essence. Increases your maximum Health. Skill books can be crafted at the Sacred Cauldron in Kirin Town."

Do they seem worth it? My game hasn't patched yet, so i can't check the description or the max for the skills. Not sure whether they stack with other buffs of similar nature. I am sure this was discussed in the thread that talked about the patch, but after the migration i gave up reading that thread.

Anyone have any links or info on these two skills? or would like to share their ideas on the matter?​​

Comments

• zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    Options
    I wonder how the Corrosive Cold works. I take it on my barb, but what if I let it level 1, and up the HP one after, will it overwrite those will level 2 or more?
  • jabq
    Options
    Not sure i understand you properly, but i think each primal skill will be independent of each other. If you leave the cold on at lvl 1, and increase the level for the hp one, it will not affect the cold skill, it will stay at level 1.

As asty posted, 17 blood from quest line, one from daily quest, one from monthly log in. Hp increase is 20 blood, cold one is 5 or 6 blood, can't recall exactly.​​
  • zoube
    Options
    yeah I know that, but the corrosive cold put a debuff on target. If mine is level 1, but my friends have it level 2 or more, and we are attacking the same target, how will it works? will I overwrite them?
  • jabq
    Options
    Ah that, i am not sure, but my guess would be, who ever is the last one to cast, will have their skill in effect. If you cast your level 1 first, and your friend cast their level 2, the level 2 will take effect. I could be wrong, if this skill stacks like IH, but that would make life really hard in tw for everyone.​​
  • zoube
    Options
    I doubt it will stacked, but maybe it will, cause the debuff doesn't seams to stay for long. But even if it doesn't stack, it can be the strongest debuff remain, or like I fear, the last one.
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    Options
    The cooldown increase is 1 second per level of corrosive cold. The debuff is applied on the target when you deal damage (handy for BMs tbh, our class tends to AOE a bit). Doing damage again reapplies the same debuff. So no, hitting twice doesn't reduce the cooldown by 2 seconds, it will just extend the debuff.

This skill can be taken multiple times as you level your shifting sky up. Looks like it'll top out at +5 seconds to charm cooldowns - effectively doubling the cooldowns. If you want to teamplay - make sure you either max this skill or don't pick it at all (to prevent overwriting a stronger debuff)
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!