Event Gold! With a twist . . .

cira1818
cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
So i was looking in the news feed and it looks like pwi is going to give event gold! but there is a twist, it is for newly registered accounts with new toons only it seems. I could be reading it wrong so help is welcome but to me it just seems off to have people create new accounts for this, why not just have a log in event with event gold or a code? i am not complaining or trying not to sound like it, it makes me happy to see pwwi and its staff doing something for the player base but this doesn't sit well. wondering what others thoughts are on it too, have a good day in pwi or fourms.
1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I think it's supposed to be for new players (or characters) only. If there was a login event or code there would be event gold for all characters.
  • cira1818
    probably, just funny with the last teir is for charging gold, most new plaers i meet don't dream or dare putting money in the game.
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
  • eirghan
    I would like it to be for me too.... :) I could use some event gold
  • cira1818
    i think everyone loves event gold, how i got most of my stuff for a long time, plus the new flyers for 800, i hate the centipede >~< so hopefully they will do a event gold run for all players too soon
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    So I dont get PWI here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9513913-dive-into-adventure!-free-event-gold

''Just register a new account and create a new character on the server of your choice. You will automatically receive a special Dreamchaser Starter Kit that contains everything you need to level up!''

So the rule that allowed only 2 acounts per person( which ofc wasnt respected by many players since they have multi acounts) doesnt apply anymore?
    Or its just for the newly registered or ...ahh ...im so confused right now...
    giphy.gif

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    not sure that new thread stated anywhere that people with existing accounts are encouraged to create new accounts for the vent gold. I'm reading it as prospective new players opening an account and creating a new toon which will receive the event gold.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    i think since the tickets are gone and people cant use the trade glitch anymore it doesent matter at all.
    why would you create a account with a lvl1 toon for eventgold that is stack on this account?
    It helps on the other hand people who really start new with a new account.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    So I dont get PWI here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9513913-dive-into-adventure!-free-event-gold

''Just register a new account and create a new character on the server of your choice. You will automatically receive a special Dreamchaser Starter Kit that contains everything you need to level up!''

So the rule that allowed only 2 acounts per person( which ofc wasnt respected by many players since they have multi acounts) doesnt apply anymore?
    Or its just for the newly registered or ...ahh ...im so confused right now...

That's not what that's saying. It's saying for those who create new accounts, they will get a bonus. To make newbie life easier.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eirghan
    One thing I wish they brought out though...

Tier 3
    2 Demon/Sage Event Gold card + First-time Spender Package!
    Once you reach level 79 and charge only 1 Gold!

I wish they'd break out the option to charge only 1 gold. LOL
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    I will just leave this hear for anyone to read. Problem with this event is it will push many people to just make new accounts. Even though it is supposed to be against the rules. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/713437/new-multi-clienting-policy-updated-4-6-2011
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    you can have as many accounts as u want. you just not allowed to play with more then 2 at the same time.
  • zoner112012
    scruncy wrote: »
    you can have as many accounts as u want. you just not allowed to play with more then 2 at the same time.

incorrect. As the post I linked clearly stated "You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own."
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • ovenusarmanio

No, you may only have two accounts, period. Unless they were created before the aforementioned linked rule was created.​​

• kirasin
    kirasin Posts: 29 Arc User

incorrect. As the post I linked clearly stated "You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own."

Hello, tiger-1.gif
    But, the quote from the link u posted also continues and says
    "but you can only be online on two at once at the most" which means that you CAN potentially have more than 2 accounts if they were created prior to the rule. No wonder people are confused though. PWI is sooo known for being UNclear on rules.
  • kirasin
    kirasin Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    About the Free Event Gold for new accounts, what I'm wondering, since it was not specified is...
    Do you need to be the specific lvl (50 and 79) BEFORE the 9/25 event end to get the Tier prizes? Or do you just need to make your account and toon before 9/25 and then whenever you reach lvl 50 and 79(with the 1 Gold purchase before 9/25) you get the prize? tiger-16.gif
    It may be roughly a month but seems that if you need to be the lvl before 9/25 a new person who actually plays the game instead of powerleveling would have a hard time lvling that far in time so hope the time frame is for by when you need to make the account and charge Gold
  • cira1818
    i think it was meant for really new or even bring in players, but people with little armies of toons i have a feeling will find a way around it
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    If PW would actually ban the people that dont respect the rules they will remain without more than half of people that are playing the game and I think PW is aware of that.
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    If PW would actually ban the people that dont respect the rules they will remain without more than half of people that are playing the game and I think PW is aware of that.
    Which is basically why there was never any real punishment dolled out for the Goon Glitch, or the 10* orb fiasco.
    1. It's too much work.
    2. They would lose a large portion of their paying playerbase.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    * Once, before the legendary post of frankieraye in april 2011, the ToS allowed you to create ONE account per person only (Frankieraye legalized the old "multi accounts" with this post!). They changed several parts of the ToS many times over the years and Frankieraye had no clue what he's talking about.
    The "cheaters", inculding myself and (all?) mods, jumped happily on the bandwagon and always link frankierayes post to "proof" that they are having legal accounts. To me that's a kind of running gag tbh.
    (in addition: to me it would be fair to allow three accounts; every core player should have a HA, LA and AA account.

* With event gold you can buy tishas and tienkangs which work on non-bound gear (imo it's a bad joke that tishas and tienkangs which you can get for quest rewards work on bound gear only). Since all free orbs only work on bound gear (= can't be used on tradable awakened gear), those event boutique refining aids are the only option to refine tradable gear for cheap. This fact might be a decent reason to create a new account. But somehow I doubt many will do it and they will most likely only do it for their own gear because the community did never valute high refines on gear (= you won't get much profit out of high refined gear).

* Are there really new players around? Tbh I doubt it somehow. The complexity of this game overstrains most people nowadays (too many abbreviations, too many skills (basic skills, genie skills, lvl 79 skills, demon/sage skills, morai skills, aeu skills, old and new primal world skills). Once this game was way more easy. If you start this game today you will never get an end-game character (and 3x 105 is the most easy part at this point).
    Post edited by gyroki on
  • zoner112012
    kirasin wrote: »

Hello, tiger-1.gif
    But, the quote from the link u posted also continues and says
    "but you can only be online on two at once at the most" which means that you CAN potentially have more than 2 accounts if they were created prior to the rule. No wonder people are confused though. PWI is sooo known for being UNclear on rules.

Regardless even the mods have confirmed the accuracy of my statement. BTW I never claimed they do anything about it, but you better believe they are at least half paying attention to any huge influx of new accounts being made ATM by the same ips. They aren't COMPLETE idiots.....I hope.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • steffan666
    steffan666 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I created this account and made a new character, yet there is no dreamchaser pack to be seen.
  • cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    That's not what that's saying. It's saying for those who create new accounts, they will get a bonus. To make newbie life easier.​​

I don't think it's just for newbies. They said : "This incentive is a warm welcome to all the warriors joining us for the first time, and a big thank you to all long-time PWI lovers."

So it looks to me like they're saying it's for both first-timers and long-time players (see part in bold).
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2015
    That's not what that's saying. It's saying for those who create new accounts, they will get a bonus. To make newbie life easier.

I don't think it's just for newbies. They said : "This incentive is a warm welcome to all the warriors joining us for the first time, and a big thank you to all long-time PWI lovers."

So it looks to me like they're saying it's for both first-timers and long-time players (see part in bold).

That's not an advertisement to break their rules. It's a statement that if you are eligible to create a new account (because you only have the 1) they hope you enjoy it too. It's just for new accounts. Which is mostly going to be new players. Making something nice for new accounts is not them encouraging you to break the rules. ​​

• cornflakes2014
    cornflakes2014 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    That's not what that's saying. It's saying for those who create new accounts, they will get a bonus. To make newbie life easier.

That's not an advertisement to break their rules. It's a statement that if you are eligible to create a new account (because you only have the 1) they hope you enjoy it too. It's just for new accounts. Which is mostly going to be new players. Making something nice for new accounts is not them encouraging you to break the rules. ​​

I never said anything about breaking rules. I just said that the ad is not just for newbies and that it's also for long-time players.
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    It's clearly stated that no more than 2 accounts per person are allowed.
    To me it's very clear, I don't understand the confusion.

I'd like too, to be able to have a chance on the event gold, but what would I do with them on an account that I'm not interested in? It's not like one can transfer them to other accounts...So yeah, no biggie.

It would be nice if older accounts could get some event gold. I'd love to have the shinobi set. <3
  • cira1818
    darky26 wrote: »
    It's clearly stated that no more than 2 accounts per person are allowed.
    To me it's very clear, I don't understand the confusion.

I'd like too, to be able to have a chance on the event gold, but what would I do with them on an account that I'm not interested in? It's not like one can transfer them to other accounts...So yeah, no biggie.

It would be nice if older accounts could get some event gold. I'd love to have the shinobi set. <3

hope you don not mind the quote part, but i hope for the anni they will give event gold out :) and nice to hear what people think before trolls attack as well. i have some event fash i would love to make all one color instead of a fruit cocktail >.< hopefully they will do something for the older accounts :)
  • veganblood
    veganblood Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Shame they haven't made an Event for current accounts for Event Gold. How are we to buy anything from Event Boutique that is supposed to be gone at the end of the month if there is no Event Gold Event? :( Maybe it's still to come? ...*hoping*
    "BE the change you wish to see in the world." ~ Gandhi ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    MKVP7fB.png
    "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated."
    ~ Gandhi ~
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    cira1818 wrote: »

hope you don not mind the quote part, but i hope for the anni they will give event gold out :) and nice to hear what people think before trolls attack as well. i have some event fash i would love to make all one color instead of a fruit cocktail >.< hopefully they will do something for the older accounts :)
    Of course I don't mind, you're very kind! :)

I hope so too. Event gold for the anniversary would be awesome in my opinion!

I totally agree! When I get fashion, sometimes the color are so... bright and colorful and a weird combination. I'd like to have matching colors if possible, event gold could help on that too (pigments, more fash, e.t.c.)
  • aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Heh, yea, if they started to enforce that now, 90% of the playerbase would be banned. I barely know anyone (a few casual playing cashers excluded) that doesn't have at least 3 accounts. I respected this rule for over a year waiting for PWI to start enforcing it, but after dozens of reports of people that were excessively multiclienting (50+ accounts with multiple chars to farm the Jolly Jones reward for just logging in) I figured that they either do not care to enforce this, or simply condone having more accounts because it looks better on the game stats ("Look BigManager how many active accounts this game has! So many people log in daily!")

Either way, seeing how others could get ahead of me by ignoring this rule and support not doing a damn thing about it in even excessive cases, I've been ignoring it myself for a while now. Not feeling bad about it either. Seems to be the only way to get ahead in the game if you're farming your way towards PvP.

As for the eventgold for new accounts... it's handy for people who were planning to start a few alts. The eventgold will pay for a flier or some charms.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • cira1818
    veganblood wrote: »
    Shame they haven't made an Event for current accounts for Event Gold. How are we to buy anything from Event Boutique that is supposed to be gone at the end of the month if there is no Event Gold Event? :( Maybe it's still to come? ...*hoping*

hoping with the anni in a week or so will do that :) cross your fingers