Sage APS sin

kayat21
kayat21 Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi guys, im an old pwi player and assassin is the only thing that i didnt tried to play and i see alot of demon aps sins that gets 1 shot by anything and im planning on going Sage (Demon Sin is too mainstream) my question is "can a sage sin aps like demon?"

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Simple answer: No, they can't simply because of the triple spark.
    Windshield might help out, but it's still not the same.

Also, regardless of being sage or demon aps sin, APS gear in pvp pretty much means you are prone to being a oneshot anyway.

To be honest I can't remember the last time I saw any decent sin get oneshot in PvE.
    I know I don't and i'm demon tiger-18.gif
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    In my opnion, the aps style is close to the only thing demon assassin beat sage assassin, just because they attack faster which have quite some benefits damage wise, chi gain and that stuff. That doesnt mean sage aps sin is bad at all, they have their good sides too. Their triple spark offer reduce damage taken and bp gives stronger healing, this makes them quite more tanky and 'safer' to play when going aps for forexample soloing TT. Luckily we assassins have multiple chi gain skills, so even if the APS isnt maxed on sage assassin (which is rather hard on sage with the best daggers), they can still perma triple spark, but it takes a bit off the damage per second having to cast chi skills. But an assassin is an assassin, even when being slowed down, it's still fast killing.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    testxvi wrote: »
    In my opnion, the aps style is close to the only thing demon assassin beat sage assassin, just because they attack faster which have quite some benefits damage wise, chi gain and that stuff. That doesnt mean sage aps sin is bad at all, they have their good sides too. Their triple spark offer reduce damage taken and bp gives stronger healing, this makes them quite more tanky and 'safer' to play when going aps for forexample soloing TT.
    Only thing is, if you use windshield it will just overwrite your reduce damage taken buff, BP gives stronger healing in return per hit, but demon will land an extra hit or 2 in pretty much cancelling that advantage out. It's really not that much safer, if at all, than playing a demon sin to solo TT.

Luckily we assassins have multiple chi gain skills, so even if the APS isnt maxed on sage assassin (which is rather hard on sage with the best daggers), they can still perma triple spark, but it takes a bit off the damage per second having to cast chi skills. But an assassin is an assassin, even when being slowed down, it's still fast killing.
    Regardless, everyone and their grandmother's sin can solo pve now
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• lild1994
    lild1994 Posts: 14 Arc User
    If your only point in going sage is because its not 'mainstream', think again. Most sins are switching to sage once they get r9rr or r8r. Think for yourself, and stop worrying about whats 'mainstream' or not. With APS gear, it barely matters unless you plan on soloing warsong, speed wise. Just choose the culti you like, and stick to it.
    PWI%20sig.jpg
    Fourth of the Twelve, frozen for eternity.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    All APS builds are gear dependent. With the common APS and -0.05 dagger demon gets 5.0 when 3sparked and sage gets 3.33(4.0 with ws) whether they are sparked or not. 2x int on nv3 renders this difference non existent as both can maintain 5.0(demon 3sparked/sage spamming ws).

If you do enough digging you will see a lot of debate... If I remember correctly demon's APS out-DDs sage by about 5-10% once everything other than just attack rate is brought into the equation (ie. mastery, skill differences, genie builds, etc.) at end game. Then again at endgame it matters even less as all pve that is APSable is stupid easy and stupid fast in either case as has already been mentioned.

• slighthand
    slighthand Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have a sage sin and i prefer it over demon i love the tankyness tho i dont have the aps atleast i have a higher chance of surviving. My aps is 1.33 but i feel i do more damage every hit then a demon sin they make up for it by hitting faster. So aps for sage isn't important surviving is so dont panic sage rules demon sux that is all.