Astrolab system - PWI Riptide

matthieudoncacci
matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
edited August 2015 in General Discussion
Hello PWI mates, I will try to describe what I understood and what I studied about the astrolabe system which is coming soon in: PWI RIPTIDE

My information can be incorrect, or inaccurate. I can misunderstood a lot of things. My information stands thanks to google trad and youtube video comprehension; hence I can have missed some details. That’s why I count on you to point out my mistakes and I will try to keep my post updating.

571003astrolabstar.png

1: Each star node corresponds to an attribute (2 nodes can have the same attribute but 3 nodes cannot have the same attribute). The value of each attribut increases with global level and the node level.

2: The total attributes you get with your gotten star nodes

3: 4 buttons. Each button can be used with specific materials. The description of the action triggered by these buttons will be described below

4: The global level of your astrolabe. The level max is 50.
It used to make overall stats stronger. Get it by devouring other charts or the XP mat with 'astral infusion'.

5: Astral Energy: This is NOT a property of the star chart but is associated with your CHARACTER. It is shared for all star charts. It really doesn't belong in this window. With more astral level it is easier to get more points turned on when you do horoscope. It goes up when you do more horoscope rerolls.

I/ Description of the action triggered by each button

a) The “devour” button: Astral Infusion

The devour button works like the war avatar, it enables the user to devour another astrolab or specific pills and put EXP in your global astrolabe level bar.
It seems you can have 3 new astrolabs per day in FSP (with content unblocked after the Prince Mushi). The astrolabe cannot be traded (and I am not sure but it cannot be bought in boutique either)
The pill which can increase your global level is Astrobana Pearls. Should be available in the boutique.

434328astrolabbeforedevouring.png

742769astrolabafterdevouring.png

b) The “randomize” button: Horoscope

The randomize button gives you a random number of activated star nodes. More you get activated star nodes, more you get attributes. You can have less or more nodes than you previously had.

IMPORTANT: When you use this button, it can give also a little bit EXP to your astral energy bar, and it is the only way to fill this bar. The amount of energy filled in this bar for each randomization seems extremely low.

The Nebula Dust Orbs needed to randomize can be gotten by dailies. Cannot be traded or bought in boutique.

393378astrolabbeforerandomizing.png

917894astrolabafterrandomizing.png

c) The “shuffle” button: Stargazing

This button modifies the position of the activated nodes on your star but it DOES NOT MODIFY the number of nodes activated OR the type of attribute. Meaning that if you have 4 nodes before shuffling, you will get 4 nodes after shuffling but on different positions. It is useful to put your best attributes on better position to make them stronger.

Position of points - The outer points have stronger aptitude than the inner ones so you can do the "stargazing" shuffle to activate more outer points (though total number of points wont change). Also you want to have good stats associated with your stronger stars. Stargazing wont change the kinds of stats you have.

The needed mats (Starseeker Powder) can be obtained by dailies or can be bought in the boutique!

834257astrolabbeforeshuffling.png

663231astrolabaftershuffling.png

d) The “increase node level” button: Astral Infusion

I don’t really master this one. But what I think I understood:

We can have pills which increase your total aptitude (in the center of the star) and one random birthStar node level progression in the same time.

Your aptitude level is 5 at start and 20 maximum.

A birthStar node level is 1 at start and 5 maximum each. Increasing the level of a node increases the value of its own attribute.
N.B. A fateStar node is equal to the sum of the two Birthstars it is connected to.

A pill gives +0.02 to your aptitude level and give a little bit exp to a random node level.
The pills needed are called Astrobana Pearls.
Pill lvl1 can be obtained by dailies (I think 5 per day) and enables the user to increase the aptitude level from 5 to 10 maximum. When the aptitude level is 10, you cannot use pill lvl1 with the “increase node level” button anymore.

Pill lvl2 can be only obtained by boutique and is expensive in China (I hope they will be cheaper in PWI) and enables the user to increase the aptitude level from 10 to 15.

Pill lvl3 can be only obtained by boutique and enables the user to increase the aptitude level from 15 to 20.

In the first picture on the top, you can see the nodes are level 2 with a global aptitude level of 12.18.

II/CSers vs Non-CSer

A CSer can only buy shuffle mats and aptitude level pills lvl2 and pills lvl3. It means you can be a heavy CSer, you still need a lot of luck in the randomizing process.

It means a CSer can give a big advantage only when he/she already spent time to randomize enough to get a lot of nodes at first and then use coin to get a high global level faster and suffling more than non CSers to get better stats.

III/ Tip

It is advised by china players to have a correct astrolabe first equipped and using another astrolabe (you can get 3 per day) to randomize every day until the other astrolabe is better than your one equipped.

In that case, randomizing is not risky at all, you do not loseyour potential good astrolabe in the process !!

N.B. 4-6 nodes is a good goal to get. 7-8 nodes you need to be very lucky and 9+ you need to be extremely lucky (except if your astral energy and global level are high enough which for the first one can take months or years)

IV/ Probability

343085Astrolabe.png

V/Information on star chart's different levels

This is the Astral XP table:
1 50
2 250
3 800
4 2000
5 5001
6 10341
7 38326
8 103670
9 247040
10 0

This is the chart XP table:
1 6
2 6
3 7
4 7
5 8
6 9
7 10
8 11
9 12
10 14
11 15
12 17
13 18
14 20
15 22
16 25
17 27
18 30
19 33
20 36
21 40
22 44
23 48
24 53
25 59
26 65
27 71
28 78
29 86
30 95
31 104
32 115
33 126
34 139
35 153
36 168
37 185
38 204
39 224
40 246
41 271
42 298
43 328
44 361
45 397
46 437
47 481
48 529
49 582
50 0

VI/ PWCN boutique

In PWCN, 1 gold = 1 yuan, so we can expect the prices will be large lower on PWI (yuan to euro: http://www.xe.com/fr/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=CNY&To=EUR)

48eca8a31205.jpg

VII/ Bibliography

Mel’s video on youtube: https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=Fv732S6-KrY
Asterelle on pwi forum: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/770520/pch-new-update-release-04-22-2015/p6
attackerv on pwi forum: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/770520/pch-new-update-release-04-22-2015/p6
attackerv on pwi forum: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/770520/pch-new-update-release-04-22-2015/p7

Asterelle on pwi forum (2): http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1198876/pwi-riptide-patch-announced

Edit: Thank you Asterelle and Gimmick for your help. Update + added astral/nodes table
gimmick2509 on pwi forum: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201596/
asterelle on pwi forum: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201596/

Edit 2: added exp table and PWCN boutique info
asterelle on pwi forum: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201596/p2
Mars on faction forum
OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
mypers.pw/5/#276700
OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
Post edited by matthieudoncacci on

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    very nice, gives a lot more detail and explains some features which were unclear before. Thank you for the info!
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Are global level and astral energy level specific to a single star chart? Or do they carry over to all your star charts?

It seems like randomizing is the most important thing to do since that raises your Astral energy level. But if you "equip" a star chart and start randomizing another do you start all over at zero?

Whole thing sounds like genies except that your lucky points will change but gradually get better over time.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    capnk wrote: »
    Are global level and astral energy level specific to a single star chart? Or do they carry over to all your star charts?

It seems like randomizing is the most important thing to do since that raises your Astral energy level. But if you "equip" a star chart and start randomizing another do you start all over at zero?

Whole thing sounds like genies except that your lucky points will change but gradually get better over time.

I would say global level is Star chart based, Astral energy character based.​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • fortunadraken
    fortunadraken Posts: 16 Arc User
    Being able to get multiple Astrolabs and randomise ones you don't want seems like it's going to be a pain for people like me who can never tell which thing with good points to keep XD Indecisive me will end up flailing over these things forever, I expect.

Still, looks to be interesting. Thanks for the info.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Any info on how quick and how often you can swap from equipped star chart to another?tiger-17.gif

Kitty's just wondering if one can make a variety of star charts and swap between them according to situation, like a defensive star chart, HP star chart, offensive star chart...tiger-8.gif
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • matthieudoncacci
    saxroll wrote: »
    capnk wrote: »

I would say global level is Star chart based, Astral energy character based.​​

I am very not sure, need someone to confirm but i would say that both the global level, the astral energy level are character based.
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
  • matthieudoncacci
    Any info on how quick and how often you can swap from equipped star chart to another?tiger-17.gif

Kitty's just wondering if one can make a variety of star charts and swap between them according to situation, like a defensive star chart, HP star chart, offensive star chart...tiger-8.gif
    ​​

You can switch Astrolab as you want. It is no different that a gear part or a genie.
    But i would say the "aptitude level" is astrolab based (i think global level and astral energy level both are character based but i think "aptitude level" is astrolab based (to confirm)). It means that your main astolab will be always large better than your alt astrolabs.
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    According to stats-window every point of phys./mag. penetration nullifies 0,01% of enemy defence while attacking. So for ex. +256 Phys. Penetration would nullify 2,56% of enemy's defence against your attacks.​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Those text colors though...

EDIT: Thank you for editing colors. :smile:
    Post edited by zentfamily on
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    An other Gamick International to get more money from or pocket. And it will not help any low level to stay in this game.

Mostly disapointed about the system preview, R9 ppl don'T really need to become stronger right now. And I douth the new instance will make any difference.

in Any case, ty for pointing out how the system work, looking foward to see it in game. And have a better judgement on it.
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    Uh, lose the colored font please, I can't read it. All white would be perfect.
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Mostly disapointed about the system preview, R9 ppl don'T really need to become stronger right now. ...

sure r9 people will get stronger (otherwise what will be the point of an update if not to get stronger stuff) but this will help non uber op people more than the uber op ones, if its a flat -% of damage reduction that will help the non op a LOT more
  • matthieudoncacci
    edited August 2015
    eediot wrote: »
    Uh, lose the colored font please, I can't read it. All white would be perfect.

Changed as possible from my little smartphone
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Alright here's how I understand things.
    There are 4 things you want to make bigger.

XP level of the star chart - used to make overall stats stronger. Get it by devouring other charts or the XP mat with 'astral infusion'.

Aptitude of the fate stars in the center - do this by eating astrospira pearls. This makes a random starpoint in the center better aptitude. the stars on the outside have aptitude equal to the sum of the 2 center stars they touch. This makes the outside ones better but you dont upgrade them directly. More aptitude = bigger value for the stat associated with that point.

I *think* total aptitude is conserved when you devour another chart, not sure. If you look carefully you can see each starpoint has its own meter.

Number of activated points - Do the 'horoscope' to randomize this. This determines the color of the chart. You can inherit the count from charts you eat.

Astral Level - This is NOT a property of the star chart but is associated with your CHARACTER. It is shared for all star charts. It really doesn't belong in this window. With more astral level it is easier to get more points turned on when you do horoscope. It goes up when you do more horoscope rerolls.

Outside of making these things bigger there is some tweaking you can do to get better stuff.

Position of points - The outer points have stronger aptitude than the inner ones so you can do the "stargazing" shuffle to activate more outer points (though total number of points wont change). Also you want to have good stats associated with your stronger stars. Stargazing wont change the kinds of stats you have.

Types of stats - this is randomized in the horoscope and I think you can inherit it from a chart you devour. You obviously want stats that will be useful for your class.
    ​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »

Aptitude of the fate stars in the center - do this by eating astrospira pearls. This makes a random starpoint in the center better aptitude. the stars on the outside have aptitude equal to the sum of the 2 center stars they touch. This makes the outside ones better but you dont upgrade them directly. More aptitude = bigger value for the stat associated with that point.

I *think* total aptitude is conserved when you devour another chart, not sure. If you look carefully you can see each starpoint has its own meter.

So i tried increasing some nodes with a few pills and i have yet to notice a stat increase.
    The active node gave me +29 phy attack but when this node im on got a little boost from 1.00 to 1.02 the stat stayed at +29.
    Does that mean the stat does not increase before we random things around again?
    Are we supposed to max out the thing (lv 10 for free) and then shuffle the stats around until we get something useful? (The stats are pretty useless most of the time because they add each of the resistences in this system which is stupid)
    Im really confused by this system lol.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • matthieudoncacci
    razzzza wrote: »

So i tried increasing some nodes with a few pills and i have yet to notice a stat increase.
    The active node gave me +29 phy attack but when this node im on got a little boost from 1.00 to 1.02 the stat stayed at +29.
    Are we supposed to max out the thing (lv 10 for free) and then shuffle the stats around until we get something useful? (The stats are pretty useless most of the time because they add each of the resistences in this system which is stupid)
    Im really confused by this system lol.​​

Your attribute will increase when your corresponding node will get a full level. You just filled the node a little bit but did not still get a full level
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
  • razzzza
    edited August 2015
    razzzza wrote: »

Im really confused by this system lol.

Your attribute will increase when your corresponding node will get a full level. You just filled the node a little bit but did not still get a full level

Oh i see. is the new lv reached when i have 2.0?
    or do you mean the star chart item level​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    What I've been doing is having one chart equipped that has decent mods and using all the xp/node xp pills on it. Then I eat the other ones I get except for one that I use all my horoscope stuff on to raise my astral energy/try for better mods than the I one I have equipped.

The system is more complicated than it needs to be. When eating another chart it gives you the option of keeping the aptitude of one or the other, but the one you have equipped is the one who's stats you keep. There is no reason why you would ever choose to keep the lower aptitude, regardless of which chart is eating which. All it is is an extra opportunity to mess up and click the wrong one and reset your aptitude to the default.

Tying your astral level to horoscoping is just a pain. It just means you keep a second one in your bag and waste the things on it to raise your astral level whether or not you even want to randomize.

Since it will take years anyway to raise your astral levels, I would just have all four buttons add to it with each action instead of just one (the one that will ruin your chart 99 times out 100 until years have passed and you have a good astral level -_-)

The only positive aspect of the current system is that you CAN increase your astral energy via items from dailies, unlike War Avatar leadership. If you could raise your leadership a tiny bit with every card you ate, even if it took years it would be an improvement over the current way.

I don't plan on keeping up my chart on my mystic, its too much trouble and I have no desire to run Judgement twice a day as once on sb is more than enough per day.

Currently my chart is level 4 I think, my astral lv is almost 2, and I have 4 nodes open that are all 1. I have magic pen, mp, evasion, and earth res iirc.

Ideally I'd want hp, magic attack, magic pen, phys def, and spirit all x2 lol
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • gimmick2509
    gimmick2509 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Edited my table, found a bug in previous version.
    343085Astrolabe.png
    Post edited by gimmick2509 on
  • rawynn
    rawynn Posts: 46 Arc User
    so the higher your astral energy, the higher the chance of gain a new attribute..?

the astral level is increased by what? a certain pill, the only thing i'm seeing so far that increases it is the aptitude pill.

am I missing something?
    7GNOisE.gif?1
  • tchp
    tchp Posts: 25 Arc User
    mosz wrote: »
    Mostly disapointed about the system preview, R9 ppl don'T really need to become stronger right now. ...

sure r9 people will get stronger (otherwise what will be the point of an update if not to get stronger stuff) but this will help non uber op people more than the uber op ones, if its a flat -% of damage reduction that will help the non op a LOT more

I don't see how it will help any decent gear player kill OP CSER. Other then the Charm slow down, the only think this update does is give CSER the upper hand at 1 shotting ppl before they get close. The % reduction is ridicule imo. And it will be nerf by the new HP skill. And this is only ppl that have reach Astral 10, so new player rare light year from getting and bonus to fight ppl. This update only help Already build CSER players.

wrod from a r9rr veno
  • razzzza
    So i got to a point where my random thing i keep rerolling got better stats then the one i had equipped and found out: stuffing all your stuff into the chart you have equipped is a waste except leveling it into eating other charts with it.
    When i ate the leveled and aptitude increased chart i lost the aptitude.

So you stuff your aptitude into the chart where you reroll stuff until something good comes out but whenever you roll something new the one you had and increased the aptitude gets kind of lost.
    This system.. honestly is so unnessesary complex its baffeling.

Do i get this wrong? randoming a lv 1 5.00 aptitude chart is never going to get really good stats so you have to lv it somehow right? mouse-35.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User

5: Astral Energy: This is NOT a property of the star chart but is associated with your CHARACTER. It is shared for all star charts. It really doesn't belong in this window. With more astral level it is easier to get more points turned on when you do horoscope. It goes up when you do more horoscope rerolls.

Does anyone have more information about this? I just used 40+ Horoscope rolls with the Nebula Dust Orbs and it didn't move my Astral Energy EXP from 08/50 at all, not even 1 point.

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    There are two types of Nebula Dust Orbs, one adds astral energy and one doesn't. The ones that don't are only good as rerolls.
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    The ones you get from jfsp don't give astral energy, so there is a lot less reason to fight princess I guess.

I've done it 4 times so far, the last one failing due to a cleric that was only there as an alt and refused to heal anyone the whole run or even be in the same room as the last boss so I just left. Sadly on Etherblade people have all but stopped running it aside from a few that WC to link weapon and then ignore you if you don't have R9 +12 lol.

I like the mode and think its fun, but apparently most others don't and the tryhards won't even let you in with your +7 N3 anymore Q bloody Q.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    The ones you get from jfsp don't give astral energy, so there is a lot less reason to fight princess I guess.

I've done it 4 times so far, the last one failing due to a cleric that was only there as an alt and refused to heal anyone the whole run or even be in the same room as the last boss so I just left. Sadly on Etherblade people have all but stopped running it aside from a few that WC to link weapon and then ignore you if you don't have R9 +12 lol.

I like the mode and think its fun, but apparently most others don't and the tryhards won't even let you in with your +7 N3 anymore Q bloody Q.

That's actually incorrect, you get 4 from fsj, 2 that don't add Astra energy and 2 that do ( from the princess boss, so yes there is a lot of reason to fight her).otherwise you get a meesily 1 from dailies without doing fsj.

Also ether blade sounds terrible, on HH server I've been doing squads with half of them randoms and nv3 gear in under an hour, +7 NV is defiantly good enough for that mode.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User

That's actually incorrect, you get 4 from fsj, 2 that don't add Astra energy and 2 that do ( from the princess boss, so yes there is a lot of reason to fight her).otherwise you get a meesily 1 from dailies without doing fsj.

Also ether blade sounds terrible, on HH server I've been doing squads with half of them randoms and nv3 gear in under an hour, +7 NV is defiantly good enough for that mode.

Eh, Etherblade situation is mostly in faction/friend runs. If you arent in larger faction that runs it more and need to join as a random person from WC, yea, you need gear/right class as there are plenty of geared ppl wanting those few spots.

Ps. The run should take no longer than 30mins, heck, been in runs that took under 20 mins.​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    saxroll wrote: »

Ps. The run should take no longer than 30mins, heck, been in runs that took under 20 mins.​​

Usually been going with squads where half the squad has never ran the instance before and they usually end up spam dieing. Also despite the fact I ask for wep links, I'm reeeally not picky on gear (I invite anyone who links at least a nv3 wep) so the DD power of my squads tend to be a bit low.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    on HH server
    Sanctuary people are good pve people onion-34.gif​​
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ... on HH server ...​​

WOOOT!!!!!!