What is the free gift from the Riptide Expansion Trailer and how does one actually claim it?

fyresong
fyresong Posts: 11 Arc User
I played the most recent Riptide trailer, and at the end there was a link saying to "Claim your free gift at ArcGames.com". Clicking on the link takes me to arcgames.com but I'm not seeing where one can claim a free gift. Playing the trailer in a browser yields the same results. Is there a free gift? Can it be claimed? If so, where do I do that? Thanks for the info.

Best Answer

• zeldadoerak
    zeldadoerak Posts: 21 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    The code is g3HyAlzr (first letter is a small G and the l is a small L) it gives one Explorer's Kit.

Answers

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Hahaa. Here's the link....
    Riptide%20Award.png
    It just takes you to the Arc News page for PWI.
    (BTW, good job on getting a GW2 ad on your vid guys.)

https://youtu.be/XPQ0kSRGmDk[/video]

I haven't heard anything about a free gift. We also haven't heard anything about the supposed release today which may or may not happen based on the available information.
    So basically, business as usual for PWE. samurai-32.gif

I'll have to try poking some people today to see if I can find out what reality is.monkey2-32.gif​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sindarella
    sindarella Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    it will be s-chests!
    then they will make s-packs out of the initially promised s-chests, yet again. and ultimately never distribute them.
    but fear not! we will get a post or two of intelligent people, explaining that no one should complain about it, since the game is 'free'!
    pig-20.gif​​
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    sindarella wrote: »
    it will be s-chests!
    then they will make s-packs out of the initially promised s-chests, yet again. and ultimately never distribute them.
    but fear not! we will get a post or two of intelligent people, explaining that no one should complain about it, since the game is 'free'!
    pig-20.gif​​

yes sir the game is free. lmfao but that logic goes out the window when they make a post claiming to be giving out something and then never do or give some other worthless **** or change it into a worthless **** cause of some whining little ****.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    sindarella wrote: »
    it will be s-chests!
    pig-20.gif​​

rofl this is too accurate to be fair to them.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    lol I never get anything good out of those chest
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    seriously,no one discovered it from the trailer?
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    mintsummer wrote: »

Not that I have heard. Even looking for it I cant see it, then again I am generally oblivious to hidden messages.​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sexyvampiremistress
    sexyvampiremistress Posts: 12 Arc User

We must be missing something then?
    kittensiggyredone.jpg
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2015

*licks* Mmmm so minty and refreshing. But no, there is no obvious clue as to what the thing we're supposed to claim is.

Edit: Never mind, after watching the trailer for the 6th time, I found the code: [img][/img]o4gR1e.png
    So aparently the code is g3HyAIER but it gives an error when I try to claim it, am I typing something wrong?​​
    DeffyNature
  • cococya
    The code is g3HyAlzr (first letter is a small G and the l is a small L) it gives one Explorer's Kit.

Thanks so much, their choice in putting the code with that wave water effect thing was poor, it was quite hard to see.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    So how do we know we get an explorer kit?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Usually item comes in mail. I cannot seem to be able to use the code. It doesn't think it's valid. Checked for updates and restarted Arc.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • cococya
    So how do we know we get an explorer kit?

I just redeemed the code and that's what I got. The ticket for it can be stashed, but once you redeem it at Wang Tsay you can trade the pack and stuff from it.
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    I just use the code on Arc and it worked. Im gonna enter later the game to see what I got.
    giphy.gif

• zeldadoerak
    zeldadoerak Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You could try redeeming it on the arcgames.com/en/redeem page instead. It worked for me when I tried it there.
  • foreverkits
    foreverkits Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I was gonna say... I found the code quite easily, considering the trailer itself puts a small box around it while the video is playing, at 0:54. You just have to have annotations turned on xD
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    Worked for me. Thank you PW!

I really REALLY appreciate that this is able to be stashed and traded, as my main doesn't need these things, but many of my alts do. Hope to see more like this in the future!
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator

Now I want you guys to release a secret puzzle that's actually hard to figure out, that gives us a code. That'd be fun.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User

Now I want you guys to release a secret puzzle that's actually hard to figure out, that gives us a code. That'd be fun.

Ooooh oooooh, and have multiple versions of the puzzles, like 5~10, so people can't easily find out. Each version gives a different code.

One of the code can accidentally give a crown of madness Ff7bvIg.png​​
  • vajjah
    vajjah Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I wonder what could possibly be inside
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    vajjah wrote: »
    I wonder what could possibly be inside

Explorer Kit contains 1 or each silver charm HP/MP, 2 perfect hammer (yay 1m coinc chests), 5 hyper and 1 extension stone for inventory and bank (one row, not super stones).

I hate our mods. cant stand fun for some reason mouse-32.gif​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • Deceptistar
    Deceptistar Posts: 62 Arc User
    hm.... pwi's way of saying 'go watch our damn videos we made' tiger-5.gif​​
    lagunal8.deviantart.com I'M HERE SINCE 2008 BISHES! wahaha... D:
    ★New weekly quests! Discover the bug in the patch-Nihillae★My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony.-Neurosis★You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life.-Ninnuam★A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them-ilystah★[How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours.-ColdSteele★If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★This thread is a joke right? Please say yes.-eatwithspoons★This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth.-Alacol★Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution.-Asterelle★Shoo troll >:O-TheDan★People who chose to be a PvE server is a dirt poor choice of life. They want a state of mind where everything is free and safe. All losers.-voluminous
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Code in Arc Client: Internal Error please try again

Code in new Arc Redeem Website: accepts code, but when pick server and character to give items to i get: Unable to redeem code. Please try again later

dino3-18.gif

(trying to send it to a char on Tideswell just in case that helps)​​
  • cococya
    They've just released a new code, an even better one at that, it's wm1eTeDk .
    You can read about it here: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/36006
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • piejfqfqlkwd
    piejfqfqlkwd Posts: 1 New User
    > @mintsummer said:
    > seriously,no one discovered it from the trailer?

Well at 0:54 you see the code g3HyAlZr... But no offense... are they trying to ruine my eyesight with that blending in?
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    Lucky for me i still have a supply stash, free generel summer weapon for me :smile:
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up Cococya.

Funnily the previous code now worked when entered. Guess was just a glitch earlier..
    ​​
  • cococya
    eiledon wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up Cococya.

Funnily the previous code now worked when entered. Guess was just a glitch earlier..

My pleasure, it really was worth it with these 2 codes. onion-5.gif
    ​​
    DeffyNature
  • tchp
    tchp Posts: 25 Arc User

O_O There was a trailer ?

Seriously, if you go look at your old web site, you will see that when it started ppl posted comment, and it rapidly died, Same has facebook, barely use any more.

What makes you think ppl would look at your trailer.

I look at 30 sec of it, and I knew it was all BS. Nothing in the trailer I saw was actuly real game play, It look fake and I moved on.

That said so. I have been really **** off at PW for the recent gift probelm.
    BUT
    I will say that this expansion gift was for once very welcome.

You should do more QUALITY gift like this instead of the stupid kiss chest and profondity scroll.

That said, my visa card is going back in my wallet, There's nothing worth in this game for me to invest more at this time.