So where is the sale?

zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
So MoG and GST are supposed to be on sale per the news article. Yet they aren't actually on sale..they are the same price as always. I know sylen spoke to the GMs and were gonna "get back to us" but they are being removed from the boutique soon so we literally have had them in there without the sale this whole week. They gave us clarification finally and said they weren't removing them permanently but tbh that shouldn't matter. They only gave sylen and other players that submit tickets confirmation. What is the point of these forums if GMs don't post here or keep in touch with the players? We hardly see any real GM presence other then the various CMs that we go through like used underwear. I am really getting sick of the lack of proper support in this game. Anyone know if they plan on giving us a couple days extra on this sale since they clearly botched it?
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    One more time....

They are on "sale" right now but they are not on sale at a discounted rate.

" you can find a serious discount on one of the key items of the game: The Medal of Glory! It is the last time it will be discounted in 2015, so put your hands on it before it's too late" @ arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9443773-medal-of-glory-half-off%2C-charms%2C-glorious-mirth-and-more!

Just because something is for sale doesn't mean it has to be discounted. The sales post doesn't say anything about them discounted either but it does state that the other items are discounted.

I'm with you that they **** up often and things are not always clear but there are no holes to be plugged this time.
  • zoner112012
    Which makes zero sense...they were already ON sale in the boutique before this "sale" so why would they advertise them as being ON sale if they are the same price? #PWELogic
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • noodlepunch
    I agree, that doesn't make any sense. Their bulbs don't burn very bright. I recall them doing this with the dragon obs- putting them up for "sale" with no discount - a few times as well. It's a bit of a slap to the face really.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    It does make perfect sense.
    You dont have to be a genius to understand what PWI is doing.
    R9 material will become the same as 10,11,12* orbs. R9 material on sale means that its available for you to buy.
    You wont see any 50% discount for this again.
    Me in PWI's place would have done this a long time ago ( even tho as a player I wont like it).
    Mog's and chips will always be needed and then bought for the *regular* price.

But since this is not coming from a Gm, zoner will now say thats all bulls hit , nonsens and bogus.................
  • noodlepunch
    edited August 2015
    I'm not Zoner but I would agree what you are saying is nonsense. It would be a very bad business move to stop selling them at a discounted rate ever again. Why? Because you move more product at a discounted rate than you do at retail price. Thus making you more money in the end. And we all know PWE is all about the benjamins.

Also, who said anything about Orbs not being discounted again?
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    I want Cheinkun Stone sale QQ
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm not Zoner but I would agree what you are saying is nonsense. It would be a very bad business move to stop selling them at a discounted rate ever again. Why? Because you move more product at a discounted rate than you do at retail price. Thus making you more money in the end. And we all know PWE is all about the benjamins.

Also, who said anything about Orbs not being discounted again?

they will sell at regular price then if people are so inclined to get r9. It isn't any different than legendary veno pets or those +10, +11, and +12 orbs. People buy those whether on sale for a discount or not if they are available in the cash shop for certain limited times.

The new sale for r9 **** will be when they are available int he cash shop and that's when people will buy them discounted prices or not.

• noodlepunch
    jadasia wrote: »
    they will sell at regular price then if people are so inclined to get r9. It isn't any different than legendary veno pets or those +10, +11, and +12 orbs. People buy those whether on sale for a discount or not if they are available in the cash shop for certain limited times.

The new sale for r9 **** will be when they are available int he cash shop and that's when people will buy them discounted prices or not.

Even when the +10 orbs were on "sale" for $30 instead of the usual $25, I refused to buy. I'm certain there are others like myself who refuse to pay full price for items.

Not to mention the fast-paced theme of the game now would lead even more people to quit and/or give up if they changed it to being full priced for items from here on out. You either make things a bit easier and keep/gain players or make it twice as hard and lose many.

You all jumping the gun with these conspiracy theories really are funny :D
  • darkmortal665
    darkmortal665 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    First off.. there is a distinct difference between being "FOR" sale and being "ON" sale.. Don't forget that. Personally I'm debating on finding a new game to play because ever since I got back to PWI and they put a MoG sale (->DISCOUNT PRICE<-) they've (from what my eyes have witnessed.. always) followed with a chip sale. So, "OMG I CAN FINALLY AFFORD R9! /buys MoG's and waits for chip sale." "NO, **** you. We aren't letting anyone who just spent so much on the first half (Not even, being chips(GST's) are the most expensive part.) get the full benefit, instead we're removing everything completely. So you've just wasted your money on a mere 'WAITING GAME' ". So yeah, after putting in how much money to get literally no where, because of putting that money on for a specific goal and only to have it taken away.

Yeah, we totally appreciate waiting for this moment only to get screwed over by spending our paycheck and expecting to spend the next few paychecks on this to get what we need ASAP while we have the opportunity to before we have to start saving money towards other things. (Ex.: Month's are closing in on christmas.) Literally though, some of us who've come back to pwi, left when we had no job or had a crappy job and came bk with a job or a better job. So how many have waited for and taken this opportunity to get a chance to catch back up with our friends, or enemies even, with all these new releases whether it be Meridians/War Avatar's or even further back, depending how long we've been gone? Let alone how much less F2P people have to do to get anywhere from. DQ's completely worthless for example, when I lost my comp DQ90+, Potions, Dropped Gears still had value worth picking up for. Personally, I was always a F2P person before but I feel I've been set back too far from not being able to play for 2 yrs. So, is this really the idea? "Let's get people back and p* them off to make them quit again."

The idea of removing them for a while isn't what concerns me. I've heard they've removed these in the past temporarily and people will wait and save to jump the opportunity when they come back, but at LEAST, either finish the "DISCOUNT" (since people can't realize the difference) sale so people can get SOMETHING out of what they paid for first or give us more of an advanced notice to **** this important... Most importantly of all though.. DO NOT DO A SPLIT SALE LIKE THIS WITHOUT GIVING NOTICE, RIGHT THERE AND THEN, THAT THEY WILL BE REMOVED AFTERWORDS WHEN THEY'RE PLANNED TO BE........ This is by far the most disrespectful thing to their players I've ever seen or heard of a from game company.

As noodle said, some of us aren't willing to (or can't afford to) buy everything at full price. Let alone still spamming pack sales and now a chest sale, right after MoG sale is screwed up enough. While were waiting on chips and don't see chips ON sale, "Okay, fine. I'll buy packs this time since they haven't put chips out yet." "NOPE WERE TAKING EVERYTHING OUT NOW IN A WEEKS NOTICE!" A lot of people don't get paid weekly, we get paid every 2 weeks. So Yeah.. No chance for any of us who have to wait for our next paycheck after the announcement 'cause we still won't get paid till after the removal. I mean we'd be more satisfied if we could work on the piece(s) we got beforehand while waiting for them to come back.

Doesn't that make more sense? Let us get what we planned for, first, out of all of it. (Ex.: weapon) "I got my r9 weapon! At least I have that to work on in the mean time. Plenty of time to work on the recasts refine it and save up for shards etc. Then I'll be ready for the next piece(s) when they come back." Instead of leaving us hanging dry when we've already got bored/impatient waiting for chips. I literally have no motivation to play now except talking, doing dailys and events. Other than that I've lost interest because of this and just afk to do something else because my goal right now can no longer be met.

I really must say PWI seems to have no consideration when it comes to things like this. Thanks for not realizing how much you've done that pushes people away from this game and you wonder why people think it's still dying (or already is dead). Oh yeah lets not forget the enforcement of removing Hypers from FC and make people pay 40$ just to not take their lifetime getting to 100. I can understand with the Reawakenings and all, but to remove it completely and not just restrict it from reawakened characters or at least make a higher difficulty FC for Reawakened characters? I remember the days when F2P people still had a chance to be in the top list of players.. Now it's becoming a requirement to pay to play or waste your time trying anything. F2P is becoming a lie of false advertisement, or at least on here.

Anyway, my apologies for getting off track, but being gone so long and coming back to so many disappointments? Yeah.. can't just not say anything because we weren't here when things happened. So back to the subject, I wonder how long we're going to have to wait IF we decide to stick around.. I honestly can't expect pwi to reconsider anything, but it would be very much appreciated by all of us who had plans and are or at least were working on getting R9.
  • zoner112012
    What derk said *drops mic for him*
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    jadasia wrote: »

Even when the +10 orbs were on "sale" for $30 instead of the usual $25, I refused to buy. I'm certain there are others like myself who refuse to pay full price for items.

Not to mention the fast-paced theme of the game now would lead even more people to quit and/or give up if they changed it to being full priced for items from here on out. You either make things a bit easier and keep/gain players or make it twice as hard and lose many.

You all jumping the gun with these conspiracy theories really are funny :D

Your choice to not buy when not on discount from regular price. You can do without however others will buy when they become available discount or not.
  • konataizumichan
    konataizumichan Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Lol I agree with dark, as I'm in a similar situation, but it's debatable if this was the most disrespectful thing they've ever done. My favorite was the general economy and inflation of years ago, for those who weren't around back then:

Gold was ~100k or less
    *Add chest of coins as cube reward, instantly doubling gold price, also rendering chests useless simultaneously*
    200k gold now
    "Happy anniversary and check these packs out, don't worry they're temporary!"
    A few months go by...
    "Packs now in boutique forever!"
    500k gold now
    Players: "Hey uh, about this economy..." PW: "Don't worry we're looking into it!"
    More packs more sales, rep badges, DQ nerfed, gold nearing 1m
    *Gold raised in AH*
    Players: "The inflation is getting kinda out of control" PW: "Yeah we're worried about it too!"
    More packs more sales, perfect tokens
    "Hope you like 100 mirages as TW pay, this will fix the inflation!"
    *Gold raised again*
    Rank 9 in boutique, more packs more sales
    Players: "This is absolutely ridiculous" PW: "Don't worry we're keeping a close eye on it!"
    DQ nerfed again, more packs more sales, botting added
    Players: "Um helloooo?"
    *Gold raised again*
    DQ and all regular drops worthless now, gold is 3.5m

I see what you did there PWE.

Well sorry for the tangent, I do feel for the people currently working on r9, I would be mad as hell​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • dethknight69
    dethknight69 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Lol I agree with dark, as I'm in a similar situation, but it's debatable if this was the most disrespectful thing they've ever done. My favorite was the general economy and inflation of years ago, for those who weren't around back then:

Gold was ~100k or less
    *Add chest of coins as cube reward, instantly doubling gold price, also rendering chests useless simultaneously*
    200k gold now
    A few months go by...
    500k gold now
    Players: "Hey uh, about this economy..." PW: "Don't worry we're looking into it!"
    *Gold raised in AH*
    Players: "The inflation is getting kinda out of control" PW: "Yeah we're worried about it too!"
    *Gold raised again*
    Players: "This is absolutely ridiculous" PW: "Don't worry we're keeping a close eye on it!"
    *Gold raised again*

Well sorry for the tangent, I do feel for the people currently working on r9, I would be mad as hell

they fixed the economy.....in their pockets lolz​​
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    shashahah wrote: »
    before you guys go on QQing, i've submitted a ticket in reference to their thread
    and the response i got was that THEY WILL BE BACK at a later time, but they cant give specifics about when that would be (= chips/mogs will NOT be removed permanently)

have a nice day n stuff :)

Well since you aren't allowed to talk about tickets and since I don't believe this since no offense but most the GMs don't know ****, (one GM went on record telling me stuff before that turned out to be completely false) on top of which sylenthunder himself has contacted the GMs and they haven't even told him what they are doing yet, so I do not believe you and I think you are blowing smoke. I am not saying that it won't come back, I am saying you are full of it.

so much about that^^

anyways, if u could read, the thread never implied they were actually off their normal price
    again, if u could read, its just stated that mog/chips will leave the boutique at said date

why do u think u can demand an off-sale anyways?
    sure, especially chips havent been on "sale" for ages, and removing them for an unknown period is their choice after all
    ur not the only one who didnt get his/her r9
    but we dont know what the expansion might get us (YES im AWARE that most cn stuff has been leaked already BUT we also have stuff that they dont so u can never tell for sure)
    and maybe they were planning to launch a sale with Expansion or soon afterwards, we dont know and we just have to sit there and wait
  • zoner112012
    I never demanded much of anything..just that they do what they say. I don't know if ANYONE is thinking about it or realizes is but, coins are running out slowly in game. Pots are worth nothing, dq is worth nothing, gear is practically worth nothing. Auto culti is now useless almost entirely. The only REAL way to get coin is quests and events. PWE has really screwed over the game in this aspect.

inb4 they have a set price to sell your gold at for coin?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • shashahah
    I never demanded much of anything..just that they do what they say. I don't know if ANYONE is thinking about it or realizes is but, coins are running out slowly in game. Pots are worth nothing, dq is worth nothing, gear is practically worth nothing. Auto culti is now useless almost entirely. The only REAL way to get coin is quests and events. PWE has really screwed over the game in this aspect.

inb4 they have a set price to sell your gold at for coin?

the PLAYERS were responsible for coins being removed in most of the cases u mentioned

they implemented botting for w/e reason (makes lvling/grinding easier after all if u dont have the time to sit at the PC for hours) - ppl abused it (for those who dont know: theres been a lot of ppl who had more than 8 r999 toons botting wherever, making it almost impossible for normal ppl to get their quests done or get some coins themselves)
    = coins/drop's worth decreased

then there was this specific quest u got money from
    ppl abused it, so now its maybe 1/5 of what it used to be, if even, and ppl still hardcore abuse it (im talking about more than 10 different having 100+ toons)
    = only a matter of time til they gonna remove that as well
    which imo is REALLY sad cos thats the only real way low lv players can get coins at all

they give us packs/sales for really cheap
    - ppl getting impatient/greedy -> higher gold prices cos ppl dont refill AH fast enough or dont want to because why would they sell for capped 3,999,900 when they can get 5-6m on worldchat if theres a really good sale
    i mean srsly 250m for new fash? thats ridiculous

they give us compensation for w/e inconvenience
    it glitches - would u have guessed? ppl hardcore abuse it (gotta mention the 10* disaster a while ago)
    -> less good sales, higher prices if on sale

just to have a few of the reasons mentioned thats NOT PWI's fault
    even if i dont agree with making it pretty much impossible for farmers to get any coins at all anymore, can u really blame them?
    ppl always crying theres too much coins in the game...well, where do u think those come from (/sarcasm)
  • zoner112012
    Wait..how are players responsible for PWE removing coin value from items in game? Sorry but there is ZERO logic there LOL
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • shashahah
    edited August 2015
    ok let me try explain it so even YOU understand

hmm...

players abusing stuff -> players getting "free" coins they didnt pay for and spend less Money / players gaining unfair advantages over others -> PWE taking measures to stop them from exploiting

best examples:
    - free 9m taken out after ppl cried that a selected few would get billions for having 100+ toons

- Dragon orb glitch a while ago where a lot of ppl got more than 50 free 10* orbs and refined their gear to +11 (if u dont know how thats possible, uninstall plz)
    50 10* x 25g = 1250$ + lets say all gear parts +11 cos of lucky = another 850$
    given this were not a few but A LOT of ppl who had MORE than 50 orbs from that glitch PWI lost thousands of $ just because ppl abused it
    its just logical that theyd "punish" the community by not making any good sales for months

- goon glitch = unfair advantage cos not everone could do it and it was never intended to be able to lv that fast with frostcovered -> removed

if u still dont see why PWE is forced to take certain actions, im sorry but ur pretty ignorant
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User

Gold was ~100k or less
    200k gold now
    A few months go by...
    500k gold now
    *Gold raised in AH*
    *Gold raised again*
    *Gold raised again*

Well sorry for the tangent, I do feel for the people currently working on r9, I would be mad as hell

Gold was down to 2.6m when they had no good sales and NO spend rewards for like 2 months?? That spend reward came in for 2 full weeks and gold maxed. PWI knows what the F they are doing... Anyway feel bad for those who can't get r9 like the rest of us did.​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Wait..how are players responsible for PWE removing coin value from items in game? Sorry but there is ZERO logic there LOL
    Actually, it is. The reason they nerfed coin value is because of the players excessive use of 3rd party bots.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    I said it many times. Auto grind was not the problem that ruined the economy. Not even when DQ wasnt nerfed. the problem were the greedy players that wanted to obtain in 1 week what others obtained in years. Yes those that abused the auto grinding system. When a player use a single toon to grind coins he wont hurt the economy. But when a player lets over night 10 alts to grind coins that will cause a catastrophy on the economy of the game. And a MMO is not a single player game so you can figure it out...
    giphy.gif

• zoner112012
    edited August 2015
    Actually, it is. The reason they nerfed coin value is because of the players excessive use of 3rd party bots.​​

I know people that used them many times and were reported but PWE didn't do anything. Then PWE GIVES us a bot system knowing people would use it to make lots of money. All signs point to PWE purposely allowing this to be a problem to manipulate it for their own gain. So despite what everyone has said I still lack to see how this is the players fault when PWE doesn't half the time follow through to prevent these players from abusing the system. This was still their choice, and as I said they could benefit greatly by turning it into a gold dump. Watch them come out with a system instead of AH selling gold where you can sell your gold for a certain amount of coin per gold and not buy it from players anymore. inb4 this happens and was all orchestrated by them to get to this point by lack of action.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    Actually, it is. The reason they nerfed coin value is because of the players excessive use of 3rd party bots.

I know people that used them many times and were reported but PWE didn't do anything. Then PWE GIVES us a bot system knowing people would use it to make lots of money. All signs point to PWE purposely allowing this to be a problem to manipulate it for their own gain. So despite what everyone has said I still lack to see how this is the players fault when PWE doesn't half the time follow through to prevent these players from abusing the system. This was still their choice, and as I said they could benefit greatly by turning it into a gold dump. Watch them come out with a system instead of AH selling gold where you can sell your gold for a certain amount of coin per gold and not buy it from players anymore. inb4 this happens and was all orchestrated by them to get to this point by lack of action.

Years before that even PW-CN had a huge botting problem that resulted in NPC price nerfs and the beginning of the DQ nerfs. PWE hasn't had any control over that, and PW-CN added the auto-cultivation as a way to combat the botting. They also have an in-game popup "quiz" that will appear after a time when you are using it to ensure you are still at your PC. If you don't answer the quiz correctly, or in time, then you get kicked off the server. We don't have that in our version.

The botting issue we have here in PWI, is nothing like the botting issue in PW-CN. There are vids from 2009 taken just North of Lost City showing hundreds of veno bots running around.
    Here's a news post from May 25, 2010, when we had one of the first DQ item nerfs...
    Hey folks,

As many of you are well aware, we just launched some great content last week concerning Demon and Sage conversion, and the arrival of the long awaited Tideborn skills that had been missing in their arsenal. That, coupled with the new Nien Beast Attack Summer Festival event, generated a lot of buzz and excitement around the game and the feedback from you and the rest of the community have been outstanding.

Of course that isn’t the only feedback we have been getting in the past month and we would like to take a minute to discuss one of the major changes that we implemented at the same time. The hot topic of the past month is none other than the vendor price reduction to the Dragon Quest materials.

Right now, Perfect World China has a huge problem on their hands. As some of you may know, botting and gold-farming is a huge issue in their version. In order to put a damper on this type of activity, the DQ vendor price reduction was implemented. You might remember a while ago that there was a change in decomposing 3 Star materials and that it now gives players less amount of Mirage Celestones. This change was also associated with the gold farming in Perfect World China. Simply put, the only way they can combat their gold farmers, is to hit them directly where it hurts – the coins.

The question now is: What about us? What about the PWI version where there is hardly any gold-farmers, spammers, or botters? Why are we getting punished for another version’s issues?

Right now we are in the middle of heavy discussions with the development team to think of ways to compensate PWI players for this change. The developers agree and sympathize with PWI players that this change is unfair. Now we can’t go into the specifics, but there are a lot of ideas being thrown around. Rest assured that something will be done as soon as possible.

Of course there are still a lot of things that are coming down the pipeline in the form of bug fixes and new features. We can’t wait to tell you about all the new stuff coming very soon. For now, enjoy the Summer Event, destroy your opponents with your new skills, and revel in the 2x Event!

-PWI Staff
    For some reason I cannot find the old 2009 video with the veno's but I'll keep looking.​​

​​
  • darkmortal665
    darkmortal665 Posts: 43 Arc User
    Shash I agree with you 100% on people abusing so PWE takes action.. but there is no agreeing with their idea of "solutions".

Botting? Shouldn't have been implemented period. People will complain if that's removed but that's something most games will even ban for. That in itself is an unfair advantage to the people who have to share a computer or can't risk leaving it on all the time due to overheating or electic bills etc. Botting for Veno's is the only thing close to an arguement but it's not even worth it. If it's where they have to bot to level their pets... Increase the Pet Exp intake, or allow quests to give items such as EXP Cubes for pets instead of just the existing Genie cubes.

FC I've already covered and theres no excuse abt the goon glitch. If PWE cared, they know about it, they can fix it.. if not they're lazy and have no right to do anything else about it.

10* Orbs glitch fix it you rush things you're bound to make mistakes. They don't have patience to revise anything before its released, they just want money asap and throw everything at us as soon as they finish. There are such things as "Test Servers", where only GM's have the IP to enter and allow them to test and find their own mistakes before players do and abuse it. Some games even allow players to play on the test server just so they CAN be lazy about it. So glitch abuse as an excuse? Not an excuse at all. Sometimes maybe but how many glitches have existed for how long and PWE does nothing about it. Only if it means money they find a place in their heart to this thing called "Care" (in their perspective).

Free 9m? Not an excuse if an event should give "FREE" money it should be givin after a task is complete and it is earned so people can't just log in get money and log in to another character right after. Regardless of coin issues if only rich people can afford to spend $500-1k every pay or week for r9 war avi's refines shards etc. Duh people are gonna be desperate. If prices weren't already outrageous for rank gear there wouldn't be so many people quitting because they can't get anywhere to have fun. NW is probably the best thing they've done for F2P players but even with T3 it's becoming useless due to having to blow thousands just to get decent War avatar S sets. How do you expect to hold a game "healthy" for everyone when you expect that much money out of each person? Hell, for one character*.. Should be well known to keep a game community supporting the game and their pockets, more people F2P or not even F2P will end up putting money on at some point. It's much more reliable to be gaining 100$ from 1000 people than expect $500 from 200 people to make $100,000.

For PK people, how much money do you have to spend to feel that you can manage anything to bother with PK? And how many years before you can get to that point without being rich? There's a lot of people myself included who would LOVE to do PK a lot. Nope, risk losing your hard earned gear or waste money to protect it? Have to spend years just to manage anything as a PKer? Not just remain a "noob" the whole time no matter how hard you work for it in game? Even for people who do pay the little they can afford each pay, that get's them nowhere because PWI keeps implementing more bs to blow thousands on, because they can only focus on money instead of sincerely trying keep the players interested in playing. The more they "Fix" with **** backward solutions, the more people come see how rediculous it is and say "Rofl, I'll waste my money and time on another game where it actually DOES feel like it makes a difference".

They still need to fix the Arena Manager to function for a more friendly way to PK. Not just run out and cause drama or have drama keep you from wanting to do any PK. I've played games for years after getting bored with PVE because of "Arena's" and such. Hell, I ended up living in those because it became a hang out/meet people hotspot. Yeah, drama will still be caused but not as much, and not nearly as severe if they'd implement more than one such as ranked PVP arena's where people can more easily find players their level to compete with/become friends with. A faction based Arena would also be a huge improvement for when players get bored doing their "chores" (dailys, which I have no complaints about because it's not a place to complain that you push yourself to do it like a chore instead of just taking a break for a few days or so when it's getting to be that much of a bother). Granted Dailys take forever unless you can afford blowing money on Vitae pills etc., but it's still managable and things like that should be what people CAN or REFUSE to pay for because it is still managable either way.

There's even ways they themselves can benefit from providing more PK entertainment, competitions. Where people can pay like boutique except not having to bid just a set price where people can open the window buy the entry ticket and enter when they have one and have rewards for the top players. This as well would be best as MULTIPLE competitions so player gear(rated by soulforce from refinement)/rank/ or even just max gear grades, not being able to enter with higher grades equipped and not be able to equip higher grades while inside, all provide a more balance for everyone in their own leagues and without limitting it too far. Among this, how hard is it to change an instance part in the server into a non-time limitted instance with PK enabled, even with a choice of with or without mobs, and call it a new arena.

There are so many more things I could provide with examples that are far more, simply put, reasonable solutions to nearly all these half **** issues. Not only just solutions but benefits as well, for both sides, player or programmer. To them they only think of how to make more money and don't want to realize taking the time to think it over and do a real fix to this **** would improve the population, player encouragement, more reliable incomes+rewards without QQing over being too lazy to think more realistically. If ignorance is to be brought up these reasons are why it should be. Programmers/Moderators etc. are supposed to be the calm professional ones to think smarter about these issues but they seem no different from any other average thinker, except having an invincible big head from ToS. There's a difference in giving a dog a bone because you want it to be happy and giving a bone just to keep it from humping your leg. They seem to give for care of just throwing the bone.
  • shashahah
    i dont agree with their idea of "solution" either but in the end its always the non-CSers and low lv chars who suffer, nothing to be done about it

imo they either cant implement the solutions they wish (given CN would have to alter the stuff in the first place) or they dont know any better

but hey, it could be worse (dont wanna jinx it lol)
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    You all talk here like PWE takes any decision when in fact PWCN takes all decisions.
    giphy.gif

• sylenthunder
    You all talk here like PWE takes any decision when in fact PWCN takes all decisions.
    When it comes to sales, that's entirely PWE and their marketing team.​​

​​
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    I said it many times. Auto grind was not the problem that ruined the economy. Not even when DQ wasnt nerfed. the problem were the greedy players that wanted to obtain in 1 week what others obtained in years. Yes those that abused the auto grinding system. When a player use a single toon to grind coins he wont hurt the economy. But when a player lets over night 10 alts to grind coins that will cause a catastrophy on the economy of the game. And a MMO is not a single player game so you can figure it out...

are you nuts?
    ofc a auto bot system will destroy the economy and you saw it happen.
    people are allowed to have 2 clients open so when everyone has 2 bots running around guess what: the economy goes to **** and you cant but anything with your little money you make because everyone has it.
    people running 10 bots at a time dont hel the situation sure but everyone has 1 bot open doesnt help either.

a bot system which is allowed and gains you money is very unhealthy in any given time and when you say it does not affect the economy you are blind and cant see the problems which will come after some time.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • zoner112012
    So, from reading all this it is clear that there is SOME blame to fall on players. They abused the game, they abused parts of the game to make money. There is more to the problem then just that though as I previously stated, PWE really didn't do much. I know for a FACT people were complaining and reporting the botters. I question PWEs resolve there and if they really did what they could to try to stop them myself, we all know they aren't exactly consistent with following through with things (looks at goon glitch and dragon orb abuse scandals) In the end though, this post was about the sale and I guess at this point wording. My problem is, they specifically say this is a sale of various things, and listed MoG and chip packs as being part of this sale among the other items. Sure, they don't list a % of what they will be on sale for, then why list them as being part of a sale at all? They were already in the boutique before this sale. If they weren't supposed to be offered at some kind of discount before PWE removes them, they shouldn't have been listed with the other things on sale, they should have just kept it at the news heading stating after this sale they were removing them. It makes very little sense to not put them up for discount when they are taking them from players for an undisclosed amount of time. I mean hell, we had to beg them to even find THAT part out. PWE needs to hire people that know how to write sales. Their lack of proper wording on things is upsetting the community and is slowly but surely driving people away. This is VERY evident by the comments left on the various posts about it. Their lack of understanding of how to properly write or their lack of knowledge of the difference between S pack and S chest has not only ticked off many people but led many to quit or boycott putting money into the game. They are doing a lot of damage at this point and really need to start saving face. Of course, we all know they probably don't care because in the end they can just shut it down and focus on other games.
    ln5aR6B.jpg